|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what part of town does Jacobi live?
(a) An ordinary middle class neighborhood.
(b) An ordinary working class neighbourhood.
(c) The bohemian part of town.
(d) The seedy part of town.
2. Where was Hollis born?
(c) Miami Beach.
3. Why is it necessary to have a sham funeral for Jon?
(a) It was ordered by the President.
(b) His body has disintegrated and there are no remains.
(c) He made directions for this in his Will.
(d) It was ordered by the House UnAmerican Activities Commission.
4. Where does Rorschach go to visit Jon Osterman?
(a) The Rockefeller Military Research Centre.
(c) The London School of Economics.
(d) Pine Gap Base in Central Australia.
5. What motivates the protagonist in the Black Freighter comic books?
(a) His desire to protect himself from the pirates.
(b) His desire to protect his family from pirates.
(c) His desire to protect his family from the Russians.
(d) His desire to buy back the family mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which short, strong statement is made in this chapter?
2. What did this person ask of Hollis?
3. How did Hollis get to New York?
4. What is Professor Glass's normal job?
5. Who is killed in the assassination attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is important about the Veidt Method?
2. In Jon's story, what is the significance of Janey Slater?
3. Do you think that Hooded Justice was right not to testify to the House UnAmerican Activities Commission?
4. Explain the inclusion of extracts from Sally Jupiter's scrapbook at this point in the novel.
5. What is the political stance of the New Frontiersman?
6. Why is it that Dr Manhattan is unavailable to help his country in the crisis it is facing?
7. What is the main idea of the article presented here?
8. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
9. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
10. What is the problem with Jon and time?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)