|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the costumed heroes was more famous after the House UnAmerican Activities?
(a) Silk Spectre.
(d) The Comedian.
2. Who was Silk Spectre's original partner?
(a) The Comedian
(d) Hooded Justice
3. About which group does this extract provide information?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Mothmen.
(c) The Minutemen.
(d) The Byrds.
4. Why is it necessary to have a sham funeral for Jon?
(a) It was ordered by the House UnAmerican Activities Commission.
(b) He made directions for this in his Will.
(c) His body has disintegrated and there are no remains.
(d) It was ordered by the President.
5. Who are the women who attend Captain Metropolis's meeting?
(a) Janey Slater and Laurie Juspeczyk.
(b) Janey Slater and Silk Spectre.
(c) Silhouette and Silk Spectre.
(d) Silhouette and Laurie Juspeczyk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr Malcolm Long's specialty?
2. What did Hooded Justice do after his HUAAC appearance?
3. What do the detectives talk about as they leave the apartment?
4. Who carried a sign announcing that the world would end soon?
5. Who was the first-ever real-life costumed hero?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is this extract from Hollis' autobiography important in the novel?
2. Why was the Keene Act passed?
3. What prompts Laurie to walk out on Jon and go to Dan's place?
4. Why did Hollis take the step of becoming a costumed hero?
5. Do you think that Hooded Justice was right not to testify to the House UnAmerican Activities Commission?
6. Is there anything ironic about the interview between Dr Long and Rorschach?
7. In what ways is Dr Manhattan an asset to the United States?
8. What was the situation for costumed heroes after the 1950s?
9. Can any plot significance be attached to this section of the novel?
10. What is the problem with Jon and time?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)