|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Jon recall his life in chronological order?
(a) His memory has been damaged.
(b) His vision is sometimes distorted by subatomic events.
(c) It is part of the postmodernist structure of the novel.
(d) The story is interrupted in the telling.
2. How did Hollis first find out about costumed heroes?
(a) He read about them in the newspaper.
(b) He saw a movie newsreel.
(c) He heard a radio newscast.
(d) He witnessed a costumed hero saving folks caught up in a bank heist.
3. Who wrote the text for Tales of the Black Freighter?
(a) Max Shea.
(b) Mark Shea
(c) Max Factor.
(d) Max Osterman
4. Who does Jon meet in 1961.
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Nicola Tesla.
(c) President Truman.
(d) Dan Dreiberg.
5. What was the weather like for Blake's graveside funeral?
(a) There was a thuunderstorm.
(c) It was a hot August night.
(d) Snow was falling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Dan and Laurie do after the fight with the muggers?
2. What is striking about the list of people Doug Roth reads on TV?
3. Where does Rorschach go to visit Jon Osterman?
4. How many artists were involved in illustrating the comic?
5. What was Sally doing when The Comedian assaulted her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Adrian Veidt?
2. To what extent was America victorious in the Vietnam War?
3. Is there anything ironic about the interview between Dr Long and Rorschach?
4. What was the cause of the murder/suicide investigated by Detectives Fine and Bourquin?
5. There is a great deal of irony in this chapter. Comment on irony relating to the character of Dr Long.
6. What is the topic of conversation between the two detectives as they leave the scene of the murder?
7. What was the purpose of Captain Metropolis' meeting?
8. Can any plot significance be attached to this section of the novel?
9. What is the result of Rorschach's visit to Moloch?
10. What is the problem with Jon and time?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)