|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation might use nuclear weapons against America?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
2. What was the original group of costumed heroes called?
(a) The Laughing Cavaliers.
(b) The Avengers.
(c) The Minutemen.
(d) The Comedians.
3. How did Dr Long hope to elicit answers from Rorschach?
(a) He used hypnotism.
(b) He questioned Rorschach under bright lights.
(c) He used word-association tests.
(d) He used the ink-blot tests.
4. What was the boy Rorschach's experience after being placed in care?
(a) Neutral: he got on with things.
(b) Negative: he missed his mother.
(c) Positive: he got to meet lots of girls.
(d) Positive: he enjoyed it and he excelled at school.
5. What did this person ask of Hollis?
(a) To assassinate Adrian Veidt.
(b) If he might carry on the fight against crime, as Night Owl.
(c) To spy for the United States.
(d) If he would start to write his autobiography.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name was given to the group of costumed heroes?
2. For what reason was Silhouette expelled from the group?
3. Which of the costumed heroes was more famous after the House UnAmerican Activities?
4. Where does Rorschach go to visit Jon Osterman?
5. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is this issue's rant connected to the plot of the novel?
2. What happens when Rorschach gets into Blake's apartment?
3. What is the topic of conversation between the two detectives as they leave the scene of the murder?
4. What is the result of Rorschach's visit to Moloch?
5. What problems are being dealt with by President Richard Nixon
6. Why is it that Dr Manhattan is unavailable to help his country in the crisis it is facing?
7. In what ways is Dr Manhattan an asset to the United States?
8. What was the cause of the murder/suicide investigated by Detectives Fine and Bourquin?
9. What is significant about "The Watchmaker"?
10. What prompts Laurie to walk out on Jon and go to Dan's place?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)