|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Edward Morgan Blake murdered?
(a) He was severely beaten inside his apartment, then thrown through a window to the sidewalk below.
(b) Shot in the apartment then thrown out the window.
(c) He was hit on the head with a heavy bust of Ozymandias.
(d) Stabbed and strangled, then stuffed in a freezer.
2. What important advantage do costumed heroes have?
(a) They work with the police at all times.
(b) The costume provides anonymity, thus freedom to perform vigilante acts.
(c) A colorful costume and lots of fun.
(d) They have presidential backing.
3. How significant is Hollis in the story?
(a) He is the narrator.
(b) He is the main character.
(c) He is the antagonist.
(d) He is a minor character.
4. What motivates the protagonist in the Black Freighter comic books?
(a) His desire to protect his family from the Russians.
(b) His desire to protect his family from pirates.
(c) His desire to protect himself from the pirates.
(d) His desire to buy back the family mansion.
5. In what year did Hollis read about costumed heroes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is striking about the list of people Doug Roth reads on TV?
2. What does Laurie realize about Jon?
3. In Arizona, Dr Manhattan retrieves something of value to him. What is this?
4. What is Professor Glass's normal job?
5. What was Shexnayder's attitude to the expulsion of Silhouette?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what ways is Dr Manhattan an asset to the United States?
2. What happens when Rorschach gets into Blake's apartment?
3. In Jon's story, what is the significance of Janey Slater?
4. What was the cause of the murder/suicide investigated by Detectives Fine and Bourquin?
5. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
6. Comment on the discontinuing of Nostalgia and its replacement with Millennium perfume.
7. Comment on the importance of this chapter for the novel as a whole.
8. What are the implications of Rorschach's death?
9. What is the result of Rorschach's visit to Moloch?
10. What is unusual about Sally's response to interviewer questions about her rape by The Comedian?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)