|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This chapter concludes with . . . ?
(a) More pages from Hollis Mason's autobiography.
(b) The death of The Comedian.
(c) More pages on the history of comic books.
(d) A fight with Nazi punks.
2. Who is Janey Slater?
(a) A girl who wants to be a costumed hero.
(b) Jon's original girlfriend.
(c) The real identity of Silhouette.
(d) Jon's sister.
3. What was the focus of the riots Dan helped to suppress?
(a) They were about civil rights.
(b) They were against the police.
(c) They were against the war in Vietnam.
(d) They were pro (in favor of) the police.
4. Who damaged Dan's lock?
(a) The Comedian.
(c) Detective Bourquin.
(d) Detective Fine.
5. How did the United States come to win the Vietnam War in 1971?
(a) Direct intervention by President Richard Nixon, who had visited China.
(b) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and The Comedian.
(c) They dropped a nuclear bomb on Hanoi.
(d) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and Ozymandias.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Silk Spectre's daughter?
2. Who is replacing Dan's lock?
3. Of what did Hooded Justice remind Hollis?
4. What was the boy Rorschach's experience after being placed in care?
5. Who is killed in the assassination attempt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was unusual about the case of Night Owl?
2. Who is Dr Manhattan?
3. What is Laurence Shexnayder's interest in Sally?
4. Do you think that Hooded Justice was right not to testify to the House UnAmerican Activities Commission?
5. In what way is this extract from Hollis' autobiography important in the novel?
6. What was the cause of the murder/suicide investigated by Detectives Fine and Bourquin?
7. What prompts Laurie to walk out on Jon and go to Dan's place?
8. What is significant about "The Watchmaker"?
9. What problems are being dealt with by President Richard Nixon
10. Why did Hollis take the step of becoming a costumed hero?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)