|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which newspaper interviews Janey Slater?
(a) The Nova Express.
(b) The New York Times
(c) The New Frontiersman.
(d) The Times of London.
2. This chapter concludes with . . . ?
(a) A fight with Nazi punks.
(b) More pages on the history of comic books.
(c) The death of The Comedian.
(d) More pages from Hollis Mason's autobiography.
3. Who wrote the text for Tales of the Black Freighter?
(a) Max Shea.
(b) Max Osterman
(c) Max Factor.
(d) Mark Shea
4. How did Dr Long hope to elicit answers from Rorschach?
(a) He questioned Rorschach under bright lights.
(b) He used the ink-blot tests.
(c) He used hypnotism.
(d) He used word-association tests.
5. How does Veidt survive the assassination attempt?
(a) He hides under a table.
(b) He catches the bullet.
(c) He ducks.
(d) He wears a bullet-proof vest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr Malcolm Long's specialty?
2. Where does this chapter take place?
3. Chapter 5 ends with . . .
4. How did Hollis get to New York?
5. When Rorschach finds the Comedian's costume, what does he assume?
Short Essay Questions
1. Comment on the importance of this section to the novel as a whole.
2. What is the problem with Jon and time?
3. What is the result of Rorschach's visit to Moloch?
4. Why is Detective Fine now convinced that Dan is a costumed hero?
5. What is the topic of conversation between the two detectives as they leave the scene of the murder?
6. What made Hollis decode to become a costumed hero?
7. What is Laurence Shexnayder's interest in Sally?
8. What concrete facts do we learn from this section of the novel?
9. How is the importance for Dan of his past costumed hero days conveyed to the reader/responder?
10. What is Veidt's plan and what do you think are its chances of success?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)