|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Janey Slater?
(a) A girl who wants to be a costumed hero.
(b) The real identity of Silhouette.
(c) Jon's sister.
(d) Jon's original girlfriend.
2. Who contacted Hollis after his retirement?
(a) A representative of the New York chamber of commerce.
(b) Edward Morgan Blake.
(c) William Blake.
(d) Another crime-fighter.
3. How does Rorschach question likely suspects?
(a) He injects them with truth serum.
(b) He hypnotises them.
(c) He physically tortures them until he's satisfied they know nothing.
(d) He charms them and asks nicely.
4. What has Jon helped to invent?
(a) A drug that will cure all known diseases.
(b) Electric cars and cost-effective lighter-than-air craft.
(c) Solar-powered electicity for the national grid.
(d) Electric airplanes and solar-powered computers.
5. In what part of town does Jacobi live?
(a) The bohemian part of town.
(b) The seedy part of town.
(c) An ordinary middle class neighborhood.
(d) An ordinary working class neighbourhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is replacing Dan's lock?
2. Rorschach tells Moloch to contact him by what method?
3. What motivates the protagonist in the Black Freighter comic books?
4. What is Professor Glass's normal job?
5. Tales of the Black Freighter is known for being . . .
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is this extract from Hollis' autobiography important in the novel?
2. What is the problem with Jon and time?
3. In Jon's story, what is the significance of Janey Slater?
4. Who is Dr Manhattan?
5. Can any plot significance be attached to this section of the novel?
6. What is the result of Rorschach's visit to Moloch?
7. What was unusual about the case of Night Owl?
8. Do you think that Hooded Justice was right not to testify to the House UnAmerican Activities Commission?
9. Why did Hollis take the step of becoming a costumed hero?
10. What was the cause of the murder/suicide investigated by Detectives Fine and Bourquin?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)