|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the women who attend Captain Metropolis's meeting?
(a) Silhouette and Silk Spectre.
(b) Janey Slater and Laurie Juspeczyk.
(c) Janey Slater and Silk Spectre.
(d) Silhouette and Laurie Juspeczyk.
2. For how long has Richard Nixon been President?
(a) He is in his sixth year as President.
(b) He is in his sixteenth year as President.
(c) He is in his tenth year as President.
(d) He has been President for twenty years.
3. Bernard's news-stand is in front of . . . ?
(a) The Institute for Interspatial Studies.
(b) The Institute for Interspatial Relations.
(c) The Institute for Interspatial Harmony.
(d) Carnegie Hall.
4. What did Hooded Justice do after his HUAAC appearance?
(a) He went to Russia.
(b) He vanished.
(c) He complained to the President about it.
(d) He wrote a play about it.
5. Who was Silk Spectre's daughter?
(a) Laurie Juspeczyk.
(c) Janey Slater.
(d) Sally Jupiter
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Laurie glad to hear that Blake is dead?
2. What does Hollis say the costumed heroes were forced to do?
3. Where does Jon meet Laurie?
4. Who wrote the text for Tales of the Black Freighter?
5. What does Laurie realize about Jon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Account for the trouble at the TV studios during Dr Manhattan's interview.
2. What was the situation for costumed heroes after the 1950s?
3. How does Chapter 1 conclude?
4. What prompts Laurie to walk out on Jon and go to Dan's place?
5. What was the outcome for the other costumed heroes after their appearances before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee?
6. Can any plot significance be attached to this section of the novel?
7. What problems are being dealt with by President Richard Nixon
8. What is the result of Rorschach's visit to Moloch?
9. Why is it that Dr Manhattan is unavailable to help his country in the crisis it is facing?
10. Even with Dr Manhattan as a vital asset, the United States is still vulnerable. Why is that?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)