|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Jon recall his life in chronological order?
(a) His vision is sometimes distorted by subatomic events.
(b) It is part of the postmodernist structure of the novel.
(c) His memory has been damaged.
(d) The story is interrupted in the telling.
2. One thing the article says about Tales of the Black Freighter is . . .
(a) That its writer is mad.
(b) That is was unexpectedly successful.
(c) That its writer was very successful.
(d) That it lived up to all expectations.
3. Why is this autobiography important?
(a) It exposes corruption within the world of costumed heroes.
(b) It provides interest and also information about the main characters.
(c) It will be the subject of a major film.
(d) It shows us how to write postmodern fiction.
4. Of what did Hooded Justice remind Hollis?
(a) Cary Grant.
(b) Comic book heroes.
(c) The need for vigilantes.
5. Chapter 5 ends with . . .
(a) A few pages froma book called Treasure Island
(b) A few pages from a book entitled Treasure Island Treasury of Comics.
(c) A few pages from a book called The Treasure of Treasure Island
(d) A few pages from a book called Treasure Ireland Treasury of Comics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do these pages describe?
2. What does Laurie realize about Jon?
3. Who wrote the text for Tales of the Black Freighter?
4. Who called the meeting to try and form Crimebusters?
5. What degree does Jon gain at university?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Laurence Shexnayder's interest in Sally?
2. What made Hollis decode to become a costumed hero?
3. Explain what is happening in the wider world as Laurie and Dan begin their relationship.
4. What was the purpose of Captain Metropolis' meeting?
5. In the context of the novel, what function does this section fulfill?
6. In which state was Hollis Mason born?
7. Describe what is going on in the prison.
8. What is the basis for the statement "God exists and he's American"?
9. Who is Adrian Veidt?
10. Is there anything ironic about the interview between Dr Long and Rorschach?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)