|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dan think responsible for the murder of Blake?
(a) Nazi punks.
(b) A vagrant.
(c) An ex-girlfriend.
2. What degree does Jon gain at university?
(a) A PhD in Interspatial Studies.
(b) A PhD in Pure Mathematics.
(c) A PhD in Atomic Physics.
(d) None. He dropped out.
3. What is striking about the list of people Doug Roth reads on TV?
(a) All have been aides to Richard Nixon.
(b) All have been diagnosed with terminal cancer.
(c) All are members of a secret society.
(d) All have been diagnosed with diabetes.
4. What was Shexnayder's attitude to the expulsion of Silhouette?
(a) He supported it.
(b) It repelled him.
(c) He tried to prevent it.
(d) He wanted her to take it up before the Human Rights Commission.
5. What did Hollis do at age 23?
(a) He joined the Air League.
(b) He traveled to New York.
(c) He got engaged.
(d) He joined the police force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which costumed hero refused to comply with the order referred to in the above question?
2. Who was the first-ever real-life costumed hero?
3. Who buys the New Frontiersman from Bernard?
4. Where does this chapter take place?
5. In what way is Hollis' autobiography important?
Short Essay Questions
1. Can any plot significance be attached to this section of the novel?
2. Why did Hollis take the step of becoming a costumed hero?
3. How does Chapter 1 conclude?
4. What is significant about "The Watchmaker"?
5. Who is Adrian Veidt?
6. There is a great deal of irony in this chapter. Comment on irony relating to the character of Dr Long.
7. In what ways is Dr Manhattan an asset to the United States?
8. Who is Dr Manhattan?
9. In what way is this extract from Hollis' autobiography important in the novel?
10. In Jon's story, what is the significance of Janey Slater?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)