|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hollis say the costumed heroes were forced to do?
(a) Testify before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee (HUAAC).
(b) Reveal their true identities.
(c) Appear before a Presidential tribunal.
(d) Travel to Arizona to protect Dr Manhattan.
2. How does Rorschach question likely suspects?
(a) He charms them and asks nicely.
(b) He injects them with truth serum.
(c) He physically tortures them until he's satisfied they know nothing.
(d) He hypnotises them.
3. What step did Hollis take in 1952?
(a) He retired from the police force.
(b) He investigated Antarctica.
(c) He retired from the costumed hero business.
(d) He wrote a paper on vigilantes.
4. For what reason was Silhouette expelled from the group?
(a) It became known she was a lesbian.
(b) She had an affair with Captain Metropolis.
(c) She became pregnant.
(d) She stole money from the group.
5. Who is replacing Dan's lock?
(a) The Gordian Pastry Company.
(b) The Guardian Lock Company.
(c) The Gordian Lock Company.
(d) HIH Insurance Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. This chapter concludes with . . . ?
2. Where does Jon meet Laurie?
3. For how long has Richard Nixon been President?
4. What was Shexnayder's attitude to the expulsion of Silhouette?
5. Who did Silk Spectre marry in 1947?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Laurie react to her mother's story?
2. What is significant about "The Watchmaker"?
3. Even with Dr Manhattan as a vital asset, the United States is still vulnerable. Why is that?
4. What problems are being dealt with by President Richard Nixon
5. What is the main focus of this section?
6. Why did Hollis take the step of becoming a costumed hero?
7. To what extent was America victorious in the Vietnam War?
8. What was the purpose of Captain Metropolis' meeting?
9. There is a great deal of irony in this chapter. Comment on irony relating to the character of Dr Long.
10. In Jon's story, what is the significance of Janey Slater?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)