|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jon account for his reappearance?
(a) He reassembled himself from subatomic particles.
(b) God heard his dying prayer.
(c) He reassembled himself by gathering water molecules and carbon.
(d) He accomplished it by effort of will.
2. What name was given to the group of costumed heroes?
(a) The Minutemen.
(b) Millennium Men.
(c) The Predators.
(d) The Guardians.
3. How does Rorschach get into the apartment?
(a) He teleports himself into the apartment.
(b) He scales the facade of the building.
(c) He goes through the front door, using a secret key.
(d) He tricks the janitor to let him in.
4. Who damaged Dan's lock?
(a) Detective Fine.
(b) The Comedian.
(c) Detective Bourquin.
5. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
(a) He'd discovered there was an island where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
(b) He had discovered there was a secret base in the desert where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
(c) He had discovered that the world would soon end.
(d) He had been having nightmares about his past.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Hollis become the original Night Owl?
2. Where does Jon meet Laurie?
3. Who buys the New Frontiersman from Bernard?
4. How did Hollis get to New York?
5. What was the result of Mothman's appearance before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Hollis decode to become a costumed hero?
2. There is a great deal of irony in this chapter. Comment on irony relating to the character of Dr Long.
3. What happened to Dollar Bill?
4. How does Chapter 1 conclude?
5. What is the basis for the statement "God exists and he's American"?
6. Why is it that Dr Manhattan is unavailable to help his country in the crisis it is facing?
7. What problems are being dealt with by President Richard Nixon
8. What is Laurence Shexnayder's interest in Sally?
9. Can any plot significance be attached to this section of the novel?
10. Why did Hollis take the step of becoming a costumed hero?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)