|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the Black Freighter protagonist build his raft?
(a) The corpses of dead friends.
(b) Driftwood and old oil drums.
(c) Driftwood, old oil drums and tree branches.
(d) Tree trunks lashed together with vines.
2. What did Ozymandias do in 1958?
(a) He performed the first vigilante arrests.
(b) He married Silk Spectre.
(c) He performed the first teleportation.
(d) He refused to arrest vigilantes.
3. How does Veidt survive the assassination attempt?
(a) He wears a bullet-proof vest.
(b) He catches the bullet.
(c) He ducks.
(d) He hides under a table.
4. Why is Laurie glad to hear that Blake is dead?
(a) She heard he had terminal cancer and is glad his suffering is over.
(b) He had once tried to rape her mother.
(c) He had once tried to rape her.
(d) She knows he will leave her a lot of money.
5. What sort of people does Dan see in the rough neighborhood?
(a) A film crew making a documentary.
(b) Nazi punks.
(c) Pimps and prostitutes.
(d) College kids
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Hollis read about costumed heroes?
2. What was unusual about Dollar Bill's death?
3. Which is the correct statement?
4. What does the vagrant walk through on the sidewalk?
5. Which short, strong statement is made in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the outcome for the other costumed heroes after their appearances before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee?
2. Why did Hollis take the step of becoming a costumed hero?
3. Who is Dr Manhattan?
4. What happens when Rorschach gets into Blake's apartment?
5. How does Laurie react to her mother's story?
6. In Jon's story, what is the significance of Janey Slater?
7. What was unusual about the case of Night Owl?
8. Is there anything ironic about the interview between Dr Long and Rorschach?
9. There is a great deal of irony in this chapter. Comment on irony relating to the character of Dr Long.
10. What is the problem with Jon and time?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)