|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ih what form are these documents?
(a) A scrapbook about The Comedian.
(b) A file of newspaper clippings.
(c) A travel scrapbook.
(d) A scrapbook miscellany.
2. On what day was this paper published?
(a) 22nd November, 1963.
(b) 26th January, 1985.
(c) 31st October, 1985.
(d) 30th November, 1985.
3. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
(a) His wife.
(c) The whore.
(d) Detective Fine.
4. In the Black Freighter, what happens when the marooned man is on the beach near his town?
(a) He finds two dead bodies.
(b) He kills the fop and the whore.
(c) He steals money from the fop and the whore.
(d) He almost drowns.
5. Who organized and paid for the attack on Adrian Veidt?
(a) Sphenoid Laboratories.
(c) Pyramid Industries.
(d) Pyramid Laboratories.
6. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It's the lifestyle of the Nazi punks.
(b) It's the lifestyle Veidt used to become a costumed hero.
(c) It's a good idea and more people ought to do it.
(d) A lot of money is spent on advertising it.
7. On the night of the rescue, what other people are dressed in costume?
(a) Actors performing Shakespeare in Central Park.
(b) Nazi punks -- as Hitler.
(c) Fake costumed heroes.
(d) Children dressed for Halloween.
8. What is the sailor's mental state when he joins the pirates?
9. Identify the interviewer's attitude to Veidt.
(a) He is suspicious and cynical.
(b) He is sympathetic and sycophantic.
(c) He is sympathetic but not too trusting.
(d) He is openly hostile.
10. What is specially significant about these documents?
(a) They are rich in metaphor and characterization.
(b) They complete the characterization of Dr Long.
(c) They complete the characterization of Rorshach
(d) They demonstrate the importance of inter-office memos.
11. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
(a) Is in love with Laurie.
(b) Is a dangerous enemy.
(c) Is the man who murdered The Comedian.
(d) Is a costumed hero.
12. Which description best fits the article on "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It is an example of sensationalist reporting.
(b) It is a one-page essay.
(c) It is a detailed feature article.
(d) It is a one-page summary.
13. In what publication does the article appear?
(a) Journal of the American Ornithological Society.
(b) Journal of the American Ornate Furniture Society.
(c) Journal of the American Otorhinolaryngeal Society.
(d) Journal of the American Ontological Society.
14. Who was the author of the inter-office memo?
(a) Jon Osterman.
(b) Detective Fine.
(c) The District Attorney.
(d) Dr Long.
15. What is the significance of the information given in this section?
(a) It provides good moral leadership for the community.
(b) It provides important information about the newspaper's attitude.
(c) It provides important information relating to the plot of the novel.
(d) It provides insight into the character of Max Shea and other artists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
2. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
3. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
4. What will the new brand of perfume be called?
5. According to the article, what is the purpose of the owl's screech?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)