|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
(a) Detective Fine.
(b) Diego Garcia.
(c) The child Walter Kovacs.
(d) Dr Malcolm Long.
2. Why did Adrian give away the family fortune?
(a) In order to build schools and hospitals.
(b) In order to help the poor.
(c) In order to avoid the charge of a privileged start.
(d) In order to avoid the charge of tax avoidance.
3. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
(a) Taking a shower.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Hiding her hero's costume.
4. In the context of Watchmen, what is a masquerade?
(a) A pretence or deception; a disguise..
(b) A rude comedy sketch played after Shakespearean tragedies.
(c) A dance.
(d) A dance where people wear masks.
5. Why does Dan wake up during the night?
(a) He has had a
(b) He thinks Laurie has left him.
(c) He has had a nightmare.
(d) He is hungry.
6. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
(a) He mistakenly murders the wife he loves.
(b) He gives his wife the pirates' treasure.
(c) He mistakenly murders the fop.
(d) He gives the town the pirates' treasure.
7. What is ornithology?
(a) The study of blood and DNA.
(b) The study of birds.
(c) The study of wings.
(d) The study of owls.
8. With which of The Comedian's beliefs does Veidt now agree?
(a) There should be one world government.
(b) The world revolves around conflict and power.
(c) The world would be happy without conflict and power.
(d) Rulers should relinquish power and give it to the people.
9. What will the new brand of perfume be called?
(d) Noosa Nights
10. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
(a) She can't fully comprehend it.
(b) She understands and empathises with him.
(c) She doesn't believe it and thinks he's pretentious.
(d) She thinks he will overcome his problems with her help.
11. Where can "The Veidt Method" often be seen advertised?
(a) On the back page of The New Frontiersman.
(b) On page 3 of the National Enquirer.
(c) In America Today.
(d) On the back cover of Tales of the Black Freighter.
12. With what is Rorchach charged?
(a) The murders of Edgar Jacobi, Gerald Grice and Harvey Furniss.
(b) Stealing from Edgar Jacobi and Harvey Furniss.
(c) Scaling the facade of a building.
(d) The murders of Elsa Jacobi, Gerald Grace and Harvey Furnis.
13. According to the article, what do scientists often fail to appreciate?
(a) The mystery and beauty of birds.
(b) The mystery and beauty of life.
(c) The mysteries of time and space.
(d) The mysterious ways their salaries are paid.
14. Which publication employs the interviewer?
(a) The Nova Express.
(b) The Evening Standard.
(c) The National Enquirer.
(d) The New Frontiersman.
15. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
(a) It says the notebook is impossible to read, thanks to the cramped and eccentric writing.
(b) It says the notebook is full of secrets.
(c) It says the notebook is impossible to read because it is covered in inkblots.
(d) It says the notebook will be crucual to the investigation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the fire inside the hangar caused?
2. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
3. What is specially significant about these documents?
4. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
5. What is the paper's political stance?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)