|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sally reveal to the interviewer?
(a) Her love for The Comedian.
(b) Her horror of rape.
(c) Her belief that she shared responsbility for the rape.
(d) Her responsibility for The Comedian.
2. Which publication employs the interviewer?
(a) The New Frontiersman.
(b) The Evening Standard.
(c) The Nova Express.
(d) The National Enquirer.
3. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
(a) Detective Fine.
(b) Dr Malcolm Long.
(c) The child Walter Kovacs.
(d) Diego Garcia.
4. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To ask Laurie to marry him.
(b) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
(c) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
(d) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
5. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
(a) She understands and empathises with him.
(b) She thinks he will overcome his problems with her help.
(c) She can't fully comprehend it.
(d) She doesn't believe it and thinks he's pretentious.
6. Where can "The Veidt Method" often be seen advertised?
(a) On the back page of The New Frontiersman.
(b) On page 3 of the National Enquirer.
(c) On the back cover of Tales of the Black Freighter.
(d) In America Today.
7. What is the paper's political stance?
(a) Ultra right wing.
(b) Neutral, trying to give a balanced view.
(d) Ultra left wing.
8. What will the new brand of perfume be called?
(a) Noosa Nights
9. What place does this section have in the structure of the graphic novel?
(a) It opens up discussion about costumed heroes.
(b) It profiles all the costumed heroes.
(c) It begins a new segment of narrative.
(d) It winds up the story of the Minutemen costumed heroes.
10. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
(a) Production of nostalgia perfume is to be stepped up.
(b) There needs to be a new advertising campaign for Nostalgia perfume.
(c) Nostalgia perfume is to be repackaged.
(d) Nostalgia perfume will be discontinued and replaced.
11. What is Dan's flight ship called?
12. What is specially significant about these documents?
(a) They demonstrate the importance of inter-office memos.
(b) They complete the characterization of Dr Long.
(c) They complete the characterization of Rorshach
(d) They are rich in metaphor and characterization.
13. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
(b) Ramses ii
(c) Ramses iii
(d) Amun-Ra ii
14. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It's a good idea and more people ought to do it.
(b) It's the lifestyle of the Nazi punks.
(c) A lot of money is spent on advertising it.
(d) It's the lifestyle Veidt used to become a costumed hero.
15. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Hiding her hero's costume.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Cooking dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
2. What information does the secondary story contain?
3. How is Jon's giant mechanism powered?
4. What is the paper's attitude to costumed heroes?
5. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)