|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
(a) Because her mother had an affair with Rorschach.
(b) Because her mother overspent their budget.
(c) Because of her mother's affair with The Comedian.
(d) Because her mother threw a drink at The Comedian.
2. What information does the secondary story contain?
(a) The disappearance of Max Shea and other prominent people in the artistic world.
(b) The amazing disapperance of costumed heroes.
(c) The disapperance of the Black Freighter.
(d) The amazing powers of Dr Manhattan.
3. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
(a) That it has recently been published.
(b) That its publication has been paid for by an anonymous source.
(c) That its publication was expensive for Hollis.
(d) That its publication has been suppressed.
4. Which publication employs the interviewer?
(a) The Nova Express.
(b) The New Frontiersman.
(c) The Evening Standard.
(d) The National Enquirer.
5. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It's a good idea and more people ought to do it.
(b) It's the lifestyle of the Nazi punks.
(c) A lot of money is spent on advertising it.
(d) It's the lifestyle Veidt used to become a costumed hero.
6. Whose version of events is confirmed through the contents of the scrapbook?
(a) Hollis Mason's.
(b) Captain Metropolis's.
(c) Jon Osterman's.
(d) The Comedian's.
7. What does Sally reveal to the interviewer?
(a) Her horror of rape.
(b) Her responsibility for The Comedian.
(c) Her belief that she shared responsbility for the rape.
(d) Her love for The Comedian.
8. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
(a) She can't fully comprehend it.
(b) She understands and empathises with him.
(c) She thinks he will overcome his problems with her help.
(d) She doesn't believe it and thinks he's pretentious.
9. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
(a) Her hero costume.
(b) A bottle of the new pefume.
(c) Her cigarettes.
(d) A bottle of her mother's perfume.
10. With which of The Comedian's beliefs does Veidt now agree?
(a) The world would be happy without conflict and power.
(b) The world revolves around conflict and power.
(c) There should be one world government.
(d) Rulers should relinquish power and give it to the people.
11. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
(a) An understanding of the structure of birds.
(b) Knowledge about what will come next in the novel.
(c) A deeper understanding of scientific principles.
(d) A deeper understanding of a character in the novel.
12. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
(a) Detective Fine.
(b) The whore.
(c) His wife.
13. On what day do the events of this chapter occur?
(a) 26 January, 1988.
(b) November 4, 1985.
(c) October 31, 1985.
(d) January 1, 1984.
14. Who was the author of the document presented here?
(a) Jean Seberg.
(b) Jon Silberberg.
(c) Dan Dreiberg.
(d) Dr Malcolm Long.
15. Who was the author of the inter-office memo?
(a) Jon Osterman.
(b) Detective Fine.
(c) The District Attorney.
(d) Dr Long.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to sell something to Bernhard?
2. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
3. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
4. What is ornithology?
5. How is the fire inside the hangar caused?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)