|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sally reveal to the interviewer?
(a) Her love for The Comedian.
(b) Her belief that she shared responsbility for the rape.
(c) Her responsibility for The Comedian.
(d) Her horror of rape.
2. In the Black Freighter comic, what happens when the sailor abandons his raft?
(a) He doesn't sink, but appears to walk on the sea.
(b) He swims to shore.
(c) He doesn't sink, but grabs onto a piece of wood and floats to shore.
(d) He fights off a shark and swims to shore.
3. What is specially significant about these documents?
(a) They demonstrate the importance of inter-office memos.
(b) They are rich in metaphor and characterization.
(c) They complete the characterization of Rorshach
(d) They complete the characterization of Dr Long.
4. How is Jon's giant mechanism powered?
(a) Solar cells..
(c) Nuclear energy.
5. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
(a) There needs to be a new advertising campaign for Nostalgia perfume.
(b) Production of nostalgia perfume is to be stepped up.
(c) Nostalgia perfume will be discontinued and replaced.
(d) Nostalgia perfume is to be repackaged.
6. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
(a) Ramses iii
(b) Ramses ii
(c) Amun-Ra ii
7. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
(b) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
(c) To ask Laurie to marry him.
(d) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
8. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It's a good idea and more people ought to do it.
(b) A lot of money is spent on advertising it.
(c) It's the lifestyle of the Nazi punks.
(d) It's the lifestyle Veidt used to become a costumed hero.
9. In what publication does the article appear?
(a) Journal of the American Ornate Furniture Society.
(b) Journal of the American Ornithological Society.
(c) Journal of the American Ontological Society.
(d) Journal of the American Otorhinolaryngeal Society.
10. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
(a) Is in love with Laurie.
(b) Is the man who murdered The Comedian.
(c) Is a dangerous enemy.
(d) Is a costumed hero.
11. Who was the author of the document presented here?
(a) Dr Malcolm Long.
(b) Dan Dreiberg.
(c) Jon Silberberg.
(d) Jean Seberg.
12. Which description best fits the article on "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It is a one-page summary.
(b) It is a detailed feature article.
(c) It is an example of sensationalist reporting.
(d) It is a one-page essay.
13. What is ornithology?
(a) The study of birds.
(b) The study of blood and DNA.
(c) The study of wings.
(d) The study of owls.
14. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
(a) A deeper understanding of a character in the novel.
(b) An understanding of the structure of birds.
(c) Knowledge about what will come next in the novel.
(d) A deeper understanding of scientific principles.
15. On the night of the rescue, what other people are dressed in costume?
(a) Children dressed for Halloween.
(b) Nazi punks -- as Hitler.
(c) Fake costumed heroes.
(d) Actors performing Shakespeare in Central Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
2. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
3. What is the paper's attitude to costumed heroes?
4. Identify the interviewer's attitude to Veidt.
5. What is Rorschach's response to the charges?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)