|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what publication does the article appear?
(a) Journal of the American Ontological Society.
(b) Journal of the American Otorhinolaryngeal Society.
(c) Journal of the American Ornate Furniture Society.
(d) Journal of the American Ornithological Society.
2. In the Black Freighter, what happens when the marooned man is on the beach near his town?
(a) He almost drowns.
(b) He kills the fop and the whore.
(c) He steals money from the fop and the whore.
(d) He finds two dead bodies.
3. On what day do the events of this chapter occur?
(a) October 31, 1985.
(b) November 4, 1985.
(c) 26 January, 1988.
(d) January 1, 1984.
4. What information does the secondary story contain?
(a) The disapperance of the Black Freighter.
(b) The amazing powers of Dr Manhattan.
(c) The amazing disapperance of costumed heroes.
(d) The disappearance of Max Shea and other prominent people in the artistic world.
5. Who was the author of the document presented here?
(a) Jon Silberberg.
(b) Jean Seberg.
(c) Dan Dreiberg.
(d) Dr Malcolm Long.
6. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It's the lifestyle of the Nazi punks.
(b) It's a good idea and more people ought to do it.
(c) It's the lifestyle Veidt used to become a costumed hero.
(d) A lot of money is spent on advertising it.
7. Which publication employs the interviewer?
(a) The Nova Express.
(b) The Evening Standard.
(c) The National Enquirer.
(d) The New Frontiersman.
8. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
(a) Russia has invaded Afghanistan and is advancing towards Pakistan.
(b) The United States has invaded Afghanistan and Russia.
(c) Afghanistan has invaded Russia and Pakistan.
(d) Pakistan has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
9. What is the paper's attitude to costumed heroes?
(a) It condemns their behaviour.
(b) It promotes them as being true Americans and patriots.
(c) It promotes them because their exploits make great news.
(d) It has a neutral, objective viewpoint.
10. Why does Dan wake up during the night?
(a) He has had a
(b) He is hungry.
(c) He thinks Laurie has left him.
(d) He has had a nightmare.
11. What does Laurie find interesting at Dan's home?
(a) His impressive array of DVDs.
(b) His plasma television with sound surround.
(c) His impressive array of equipment and inventions.
(d) His impressive collection of hero costumes.
12. What will the new brand of perfume be called?
(a) Noosa Nights
13. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
(a) Nostalgia perfume is to be repackaged.
(b) There needs to be a new advertising campaign for Nostalgia perfume.
(c) Nostalgia perfume will be discontinued and replaced.
(d) Production of nostalgia perfume is to be stepped up.
14. What does Sally reveal to the interviewer?
(a) Her horror of rape.
(b) Her love for The Comedian.
(c) Her responsibility for The Comedian.
(d) Her belief that she shared responsbility for the rape.
15. What is Rorschach's response to the charges?
(a) He claims his right to remain silent.
(b) He denies he murdered Jacobi.
(c) He admits everything.
(d) He denies he murdered Jacobi and blames Night Owl for the other two killings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
2. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
3. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
4. Identify the interviewer's attitude to Veidt.
5. The leading article is written by . . . ?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)