|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where can "The Veidt Method" often be seen advertised?
(a) In America Today.
(b) On the back cover of Tales of the Black Freighter.
(c) On page 3 of the National Enquirer.
(d) On the back page of The New Frontiersman.
2. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
(a) They were inflamed by anti-costumed hero rhetoric in the press.
(b) They were high on drugs.
(c) They were given a contract by a local gangster.
(d) Detective Fine paid them to do it.
3. Why did Adrian give away the family fortune?
(a) In order to avoid the charge of tax avoidance.
(b) In order to help the poor.
(c) In order to avoid the charge of a privileged start.
(d) In order to build schools and hospitals.
4. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
(a) Her hero costume.
(b) Her cigarettes.
(c) A bottle of her mother's perfume.
(d) A bottle of the new pefume.
5. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
(a) Production of nostalgia perfume is to be stepped up.
(b) Nostalgia perfume is to be repackaged.
(c) Nostalgia perfume will be discontinued and replaced.
(d) There needs to be a new advertising campaign for Nostalgia perfume.
6. What is the paper's attitude to costumed heroes?
(a) It promotes them as being true Americans and patriots.
(b) It promotes them because their exploits make great news.
(c) It condemns their behaviour.
(d) It has a neutral, objective viewpoint.
7. What is the sailor's mental state when he joins the pirates?
8. What it so special about the snowstorm ball?
(a) Laurie has a feeling it is a miniature world.
(b) Laurie has the feeling it slows time down.
(c) It was a present from her first boyfriend.
(d) It was a souvenir from a family holiday.
9. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
(a) Amun-Ra ii
(b) Ramses ii
(d) Ramses iii
10. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It's a good idea and more people ought to do it.
(b) A lot of money is spent on advertising it.
(c) It's the lifestyle of the Nazi punks.
(d) It's the lifestyle Veidt used to become a costumed hero.
11. Why does Dan wake up during the night?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He has had a
(c) He thinks Laurie has left him.
(d) He has had a nightmare.
12. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
(a) He mistakenly murders the wife he loves.
(b) He mistakenly murders the fop.
(c) He gives his wife the pirates' treasure.
(d) He gives the town the pirates' treasure.
13. What place does this section have in the structure of the graphic novel?
(a) It winds up the story of the Minutemen costumed heroes.
(b) It begins a new segment of narrative.
(c) It profiles all the costumed heroes.
(d) It opens up discussion about costumed heroes.
14. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
(a) Because her mother threw a drink at The Comedian.
(b) Because of her mother's affair with The Comedian.
(c) Because her mother overspent their budget.
(d) Because her mother had an affair with Rorschach.
15. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
(b) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
(c) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
(d) To ask Laurie to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which publication employs the interviewer?
2. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
3. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
4. On what day was this paper published?
5. What will the new brand of perfume be called?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)