|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
(a) They were high on drugs.
(b) They were inflamed by anti-costumed hero rhetoric in the press.
(c) Detective Fine paid them to do it.
(d) They were given a contract by a local gangster.
2. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To ask Laurie to marry him.
(b) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
(c) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
(d) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
3. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
(a) The child Walter Kovacs.
(b) Diego Garcia.
(c) Dr Malcolm Long.
(d) Detective Fine.
4. In the context of Watchmen, what is a masquerade?
(a) A rude comedy sketch played after Shakespearean tragedies.
(b) A dance.
(c) A dance where people wear masks.
(d) A pretence or deception; a disguise..
5. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
(a) Dr Manhattan's secret life.
(b) A list of people supposedly given cancer by Dr Manhattan.
(c) President Nixon's plans for war.
(d) A story about Laurie's evil twin.
6. Whose version of events is confirmed through the contents of the scrapbook?
(a) The Comedian's.
(b) Jon Osterman's.
(c) Hollis Mason's.
(d) Captain Metropolis's.
7. According to the article, what do scientists often fail to appreciate?
(a) The mysterious ways their salaries are paid.
(b) The mystery and beauty of birds.
(c) The mysteries of time and space.
(d) The mystery and beauty of life.
8. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
(a) A deeper understanding of a character in the novel.
(b) A deeper understanding of scientific principles.
(c) Knowledge about what will come next in the novel.
(d) An understanding of the structure of birds.
9. What does Laurie find interesting at Dan's home?
(a) His impressive collection of hero costumes.
(b) His impressive array of DVDs.
(c) His impressive array of equipment and inventions.
(d) His plasma television with sound surround.
10. With which of The Comedian's beliefs does Veidt now agree?
(a) Rulers should relinquish power and give it to the people.
(b) The world would be happy without conflict and power.
(c) The world revolves around conflict and power.
(d) There should be one world government.
11. Who interviews Adrian Veidt?
(a) Doug Roth.
(b) Max Shea.
(c) Doug Shea.
(d) Dan Dreiberg.
12. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
(a) Her cigarettes.
(b) A bottle of the new pefume.
(c) A bottle of her mother's perfume.
(d) Her hero costume.
13. Who compiled the scrapbook?
(a) Walter Kovacs.
(b) Hollis Mason.
(d) Sally Jupiter.
14. What is ornithology?
(a) The study of birds.
(b) The study of wings.
(c) The study of blood and DNA.
(d) The study of owls.
15. Laurie's medical scans reveal . . .
(a) That she is pregnant.
(b) That she does not have cancer.
(c) That she has terminl cancer.
(d) That she s not pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the paper's political stance?
2. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
3. According to the article, what is the purpose of the owl's screech?
4. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
5. On what day was this paper published?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)