|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day do the events of this chapter occur?
(a) November 4, 1985.
(b) 26 January, 1988.
(c) October 31, 1985.
(d) January 1, 1984.
2. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
(a) Afghanistan has invaded Russia and Pakistan.
(b) The United States has invaded Afghanistan and Russia.
(c) Russia has invaded Afghanistan and is advancing towards Pakistan.
(d) Pakistan has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
3. Whose version of events is confirmed through the contents of the scrapbook?
(a) Captain Metropolis's.
(b) The Comedian's.
(c) Jon Osterman's.
(d) Hollis Mason's.
4. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Hiding her hero's costume.
(d) Taking a shower.
5. What will the new brand of perfume be called?
(c) Noosa Nights
6. What is Dan's flight ship called?
7. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
(a) Her hero costume.
(b) A bottle of her mother's perfume.
(c) Her cigarettes.
(d) A bottle of the new pefume.
8. Who compiled the scrapbook?
(a) Hollis Mason.
(b) Sally Jupiter.
(d) Walter Kovacs.
9. What does Laurie find interesting at Dan's home?
(a) His impressive collection of hero costumes.
(b) His impressive array of DVDs.
(c) His plasma television with sound surround.
(d) His impressive array of equipment and inventions.
10. Which publication employs the interviewer?
(a) The Evening Standard.
(b) The Nova Express.
(c) The National Enquirer.
(d) The New Frontiersman.
11. Which description best fits the article on "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It is a one-page essay.
(b) It is an example of sensationalist reporting.
(c) It is a one-page summary.
(d) It is a detailed feature article.
12. With which of The Comedian's beliefs does Veidt now agree?
(a) The world would be happy without conflict and power.
(b) The world revolves around conflict and power.
(c) Rulers should relinquish power and give it to the people.
(d) There should be one world government.
13. Laurie's medical scans reveal . . .
(a) That she has terminl cancer.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she does not have cancer.
(d) That she s not pregnant.
14. The leading article is written by . . . ?
(a) Reporter Hector Geoffrey.
(b) Editor Hector Geoffrey.
(c) Editor Hector Godfrey.
(d) Feature writer Walter Kovacs.
15. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
(a) The whore.
(c) Detective Fine.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
2. Who was the author of the inter-office memo?
3. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
4. According to the article, what is the purpose of the owl's screech?
5. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)