|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who interviews Adrian Veidt?
(a) Doug Roth.
(b) Doug Shea.
(c) Dan Dreiberg.
(d) Max Shea.
2. What is ornithology?
(a) The study of birds.
(b) The study of wings.
(c) The study of blood and DNA.
(d) The study of owls.
3. What it so special about the snowstorm ball?
(a) It was a souvenir from a family holiday.
(b) Laurie has the feeling it slows time down.
(c) Laurie has a feeling it is a miniature world.
(d) It was a present from her first boyfriend.
4. What is making Max Shea happy as he boards the boat?
(a) He is in love with Linette Paley.
(b) Security will be lifted and he'll get a large pay check.
(c) He just wants to go home.
(d) He feels fulfilled at the end of a difficult project.
5. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It's a good idea and more people ought to do it.
(b) It's the lifestyle of the Nazi punks.
(c) It's the lifestyle Veidt used to become a costumed hero.
(d) A lot of money is spent on advertising it.
6. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
(a) It says the notebook is impossible to read, thanks to the cramped and eccentric writing.
(b) It says the notebook is full of secrets.
(c) It says the notebook is impossible to read because it is covered in inkblots.
(d) It says the notebook will be crucual to the investigation.
7. What is "The Veidt Method"
(a) A program of exercise and mental discipline.
(b) A program of mind games and martial arts.
(c) A plan for a spiritual journey.
(d) A business plan for Pyramid Industries.
8. In what publication does the article appear?
(a) Journal of the American Otorhinolaryngeal Society.
(b) Journal of the American Ontological Society.
(c) Journal of the American Ornithological Society.
(d) Journal of the American Ornate Furniture Society.
9. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
(a) They were high on drugs.
(b) They were inflamed by anti-costumed hero rhetoric in the press.
(c) They were given a contract by a local gangster.
(d) Detective Fine paid them to do it.
10. Identify the interviewer's attitude to Veidt.
(a) He is suspicious and cynical.
(b) He is sympathetic but not too trusting.
(c) He is openly hostile.
(d) He is sympathetic and sycophantic.
11. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
(a) That it has recently been published.
(b) That its publication has been paid for by an anonymous source.
(c) That its publication was expensive for Hollis.
(d) That its publication has been suppressed.
12. What will the new brand of perfume be called?
(c) Noosa Nights
13. On what day was this paper published?
(a) 26th January, 1985.
(b) 31st October, 1985.
(c) 22nd November, 1963.
(d) 30th November, 1985.
14. Why did Adrian give away the family fortune?
(a) In order to avoid the charge of tax avoidance.
(b) In order to build schools and hospitals.
(c) In order to avoid the charge of a privileged start.
(d) In order to help the poor.
15. According to the article, what is the purpose of the owl's screech?
(a) To call to a mate.
(b) To paralyse prey and pin it to the ground.
(c) To frighten other owls and keep them away from prey.
(d) To warn other owls of danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
2. What is the sailor's mental state when he joins the pirates?
3. In the context of Watchmen, what is a masquerade?
4. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
5. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)