|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
(a) Because of her mother's affair with The Comedian.
(b) Because her mother had an affair with Rorschach.
(c) Because her mother overspent their budget.
(d) Because her mother threw a drink at The Comedian.
2. Ih what form are these documents?
(a) A travel scrapbook.
(b) A file of newspaper clippings.
(c) A scrapbook about The Comedian.
(d) A scrapbook miscellany.
3. With which of The Comedian's beliefs does Veidt now agree?
(a) The world would be happy without conflict and power.
(b) Rulers should relinquish power and give it to the people.
(c) The world revolves around conflict and power.
(d) There should be one world government.
4. What does Sally reveal to the interviewer?
(a) Her love for The Comedian.
(b) Her horror of rape.
(c) Her responsibility for The Comedian.
(d) Her belief that she shared responsbility for the rape.
5. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
(a) They were given a contract by a local gangster.
(b) They were inflamed by anti-costumed hero rhetoric in the press.
(c) Detective Fine paid them to do it.
(d) They were high on drugs.
6. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
(a) That he doesn't experience energy the way she does.
(b) That he doesn't understand women.
(c) That he doesn't experience love and family the way she does.
(d) That he doesn't experience space or time the way she does.
7. Why does Dan wake up during the night?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He has had a
(c) He thinks Laurie has left him.
(d) He has had a nightmare.
8. What place does this section have in the structure of the graphic novel?
(a) It begins a new segment of narrative.
(b) It profiles all the costumed heroes.
(c) It winds up the story of the Minutemen costumed heroes.
(d) It opens up discussion about costumed heroes.
9. What is Rorschach's response to the charges?
(a) He denies he murdered Jacobi and blames Night Owl for the other two killings.
(b) He claims his right to remain silent.
(c) He denies he murdered Jacobi.
(d) He admits everything.
10. Who tries to sell something to Bernhard?
(a) Nazi punks try to sell him a biography of Himmler.
(b) Two Jehovah's Witnesses try to sell him The Watchtower.
(c) Two Scientologists try to sell him books by Ron Hubbard.
(d) Two nuns try to sell him News From Fatima.
11. What is the paper's attitude to costumed heroes?
(a) It has a neutral, objective viewpoint.
(b) It promotes them as being true Americans and patriots.
(c) It condemns their behaviour.
(d) It promotes them because their exploits make great news.
12. What is the significance of the information given in this section?
(a) It provides good moral leadership for the community.
(b) It provides insight into the character of Max Shea and other artists.
(c) It provides important information about the newspaper's attitude.
(d) It provides important information relating to the plot of the novel.
13. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
(b) Amun-Ra ii
(c) Ramses iii
(d) Ramses ii
14. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
(a) He mistakenly murders the wife he loves.
(b) He gives his wife the pirates' treasure.
(c) He gives the town the pirates' treasure.
(d) He mistakenly murders the fop.
15. Which publication employs the interviewer?
(a) The Evening Standard.
(b) The National Enquirer.
(c) The New Frontiersman.
(d) The Nova Express.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the explosion start?
2. Who organized and paid for the attack on Adrian Veidt?
3. Which description best fits the article on "The Veidt Method"?
4. The leading article is written by . . . ?
5. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)