|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the article, what do scientists often fail to appreciate?
(a) The mystery and beauty of life.
(b) The mystery and beauty of birds.
(c) The mysterious ways their salaries are paid.
(d) The mysteries of time and space.
2. What is Dan's flight ship called?
3. What is specially significant about these documents?
(a) They complete the characterization of Dr Long.
(b) They complete the characterization of Rorshach
(c) They demonstrate the importance of inter-office memos.
(d) They are rich in metaphor and characterization.
4. Ih what form are these documents?
(a) A scrapbook about The Comedian.
(b) A travel scrapbook.
(c) A scrapbook miscellany.
(d) A file of newspaper clippings.
5. What does Laurie find interesting at Dan's home?
(a) His impressive collection of hero costumes.
(b) His impressive array of equipment and inventions.
(c) His plasma television with sound surround.
(d) His impressive array of DVDs.
6. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
(a) Hiding her hero's costume.
(b) Taking a nap.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Taking a shower.
7. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
(a) Pakistan has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
(b) Afghanistan has invaded Russia and Pakistan.
(c) The United States has invaded Afghanistan and Russia.
(d) Russia has invaded Afghanistan and is advancing towards Pakistan.
8. With what is Rorchach charged?
(a) Scaling the facade of a building.
(b) The murders of Edgar Jacobi, Gerald Grice and Harvey Furniss.
(c) The murders of Elsa Jacobi, Gerald Grace and Harvey Furnis.
(d) Stealing from Edgar Jacobi and Harvey Furniss.
9. What is the significance of the information given in this section?
(a) It provides good moral leadership for the community.
(b) It provides important information relating to the plot of the novel.
(c) It provides insight into the character of Max Shea and other artists.
(d) It provides important information about the newspaper's attitude.
10. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
(a) They were inflamed by anti-costumed hero rhetoric in the press.
(b) They were given a contract by a local gangster.
(c) Detective Fine paid them to do it.
(d) They were high on drugs.
11. In what publication does the article appear?
(a) Journal of the American Ornate Furniture Society.
(b) Journal of the American Ontological Society.
(c) Journal of the American Otorhinolaryngeal Society.
(d) Journal of the American Ornithological Society.
12. In the Black Freighter, what happens when the marooned man is on the beach near his town?
(a) He finds two dead bodies.
(b) He almost drowns.
(c) He kills the fop and the whore.
(d) He steals money from the fop and the whore.
13. What is Rorschach's response to the charges?
(a) He denies he murdered Jacobi.
(b) He admits everything.
(c) He claims his right to remain silent.
(d) He denies he murdered Jacobi and blames Night Owl for the other two killings.
14. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
(a) Is a dangerous enemy.
(b) Is the man who murdered The Comedian.
(c) Is a costumed hero.
(d) Is in love with Laurie.
15. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
(a) A deeper understanding of a character in the novel.
(b) A deeper understanding of scientific principles.
(c) An understanding of the structure of birds.
(d) Knowledge about what will come next in the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
2. Who interviews Adrian Veidt?
3. Where does the explosion start?
4. In the Black Freighter comic, what happens when the sailor abandons his raft?
5. How is the fire inside the hangar caused?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)