|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tries to sell something to Bernhard?
(a) Two Scientologists try to sell him books by Ron Hubbard.
(b) Two nuns try to sell him News From Fatima.
(c) Two Jehovah's Witnesses try to sell him The Watchtower.
(d) Nazi punks try to sell him a biography of Himmler.
2. Who organized and paid for the attack on Adrian Veidt?
(a) Pyramid Industries.
(b) Pyramid Laboratories.
(c) Sphenoid Laboratories.
3. In the Black Freighter, what happens when the marooned man is on the beach near his town?
(a) He kills the fop and the whore.
(b) He steals money from the fop and the whore.
(c) He finds two dead bodies.
(d) He almost drowns.
4. What is making Max Shea happy as he boards the boat?
(a) He just wants to go home.
(b) He is in love with Linette Paley.
(c) Security will be lifted and he'll get a large pay check.
(d) He feels fulfilled at the end of a difficult project.
5. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
(a) Ties up some plot elements.
(b) Instructs us on postmodernism
(c) Contains an important plot developmemt.
(d) Adds humor to the story.
6. What it so special about the snowstorm ball?
(a) Laurie has the feeling it slows time down.
(b) It was a souvenir from a family holiday.
(c) It was a present from her first boyfriend.
(d) Laurie has a feeling it is a miniature world.
7. With which of The Comedian's beliefs does Veidt now agree?
(a) Rulers should relinquish power and give it to the people.
(b) The world revolves around conflict and power.
(c) The world would be happy without conflict and power.
(d) There should be one world government.
8. With what is Rorchach charged?
(a) The murders of Elsa Jacobi, Gerald Grace and Harvey Furnis.
(b) Stealing from Edgar Jacobi and Harvey Furniss.
(c) The murders of Edgar Jacobi, Gerald Grice and Harvey Furniss.
(d) Scaling the facade of a building.
9. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
(b) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
(c) To ask Laurie to marry him.
(d) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
10. According to the article, what is the purpose of the owl's screech?
(a) To warn other owls of danger.
(b) To paralyse prey and pin it to the ground.
(c) To frighten other owls and keep them away from prey.
(d) To call to a mate.
11. On what day do the events of this chapter occur?
(a) 26 January, 1988.
(b) November 4, 1985.
(c) October 31, 1985.
(d) January 1, 1984.
12. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
(a) Dr Malcolm Long.
(b) Detective Fine.
(c) Diego Garcia.
(d) The child Walter Kovacs.
13. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
(a) She understands and empathises with him.
(b) She can't fully comprehend it.
(c) She thinks he will overcome his problems with her help.
(d) She doesn't believe it and thinks he's pretentious.
14. What is the paper's attitude to costumed heroes?
(a) It promotes them as being true Americans and patriots.
(b) It promotes them because their exploits make great news.
(c) It condemns their behaviour.
(d) It has a neutral, objective viewpoint.
15. Which publication employs the interviewer?
(a) The National Enquirer.
(b) The Nova Express.
(c) The Evening Standard.
(d) The New Frontiersman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sailor's mental state when he joins the pirates?
2. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
3. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
4. What is the paper's political stance?
5. What significant item does Laurie take with her when she goes with Jon?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)