|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
(a) He mistakenly murders the wife he loves.
(b) He gives his wife the pirates' treasure.
(c) He mistakenly murders the fop.
(d) He gives the town the pirates' treasure.
2. Which description best fits the article on "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It is a one-page essay.
(b) It is a one-page summary.
(c) It is a detailed feature article.
(d) It is an example of sensationalist reporting.
3. Ih what form are these documents?
(a) A travel scrapbook.
(b) A file of newspaper clippings.
(c) A scrapbook about The Comedian.
(d) A scrapbook miscellany.
4. What is specially significant about these documents?
(a) They demonstrate the importance of inter-office memos.
(b) They are rich in metaphor and characterization.
(c) They complete the characterization of Rorshach
(d) They complete the characterization of Dr Long.
5. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
(a) His wife.
(c) Detective Fine.
(d) The whore.
6. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
(a) That it has recently been published.
(b) That its publication was expensive for Hollis.
(c) That its publication has been paid for by an anonymous source.
(d) That its publication has been suppressed.
7. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
(a) They were inflamed by anti-costumed hero rhetoric in the press.
(b) They were high on drugs.
(c) They were given a contract by a local gangster.
(d) Detective Fine paid them to do it.
8. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
(a) It says the notebook will be crucual to the investigation.
(b) It says the notebook is full of secrets.
(c) It says the notebook is impossible to read because it is covered in inkblots.
(d) It says the notebook is impossible to read, thanks to the cramped and eccentric writing.
9. Who organized and paid for the attack on Adrian Veidt?
(a) Pyramid Laboratories.
(b) Sphenoid Laboratories.
(c) Pyramid Industries.
10. Why did Adrian give away the family fortune?
(a) In order to build schools and hospitals.
(b) In order to avoid the charge of a privileged start.
(c) In order to avoid the charge of tax avoidance.
(d) In order to help the poor.
11. Who was the author of the inter-office memo?
(a) Detective Fine.
(b) Jon Osterman.
(c) The District Attorney.
(d) Dr Long.
12. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
(b) To ask Laurie to marry him.
(c) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
(d) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
13. Who compiled the scrapbook?
(b) Sally Jupiter.
(c) Walter Kovacs.
(d) Hollis Mason.
14. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
(a) Because her mother threw a drink at The Comedian.
(b) Because her mother had an affair with Rorschach.
(c) Because her mother overspent their budget.
(d) Because of her mother's affair with The Comedian.
15. What is Laurie's reaction to Jon's information about himself?
(a) She can't fully comprehend it.
(b) She thinks he will overcome his problems with her help.
(c) She understands and empathises with him.
(d) She doesn't believe it and thinks he's pretentious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
2. On what day was this paper published?
3. Why does Dan wake up during the night?
4. In what publication does the article appear?
5. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)