|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
(a) That its publication has been suppressed.
(b) That its publication was expensive for Hollis.
(c) That its publication has been paid for by an anonymous source.
(d) That it has recently been published.
2. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
(a) It says the notebook will be crucual to the investigation.
(b) It says the notebook is full of secrets.
(c) It says the notebook is impossible to read, thanks to the cramped and eccentric writing.
(d) It says the notebook is impossible to read because it is covered in inkblots.
3. In the Black Freighter, what happens when the marooned man is on the beach near his town?
(a) He kills the fop and the whore.
(b) He steals money from the fop and the whore.
(c) He almost drowns.
(d) He finds two dead bodies.
4. What does Laurie find interesting at Dan's home?
(a) His plasma television with sound surround.
(b) His impressive array of DVDs.
(c) His impressive collection of hero costumes.
(d) His impressive array of equipment and inventions.
5. The leading article is written by . . . ?
(a) Reporter Hector Geoffrey.
(b) Feature writer Walter Kovacs.
(c) Editor Hector Godfrey.
(d) Editor Hector Geoffrey.
6. What information does the secondary story contain?
(a) The disapperance of the Black Freighter.
(b) The amazing powers of Dr Manhattan.
(c) The disappearance of Max Shea and other prominent people in the artistic world.
(d) The amazing disapperance of costumed heroes.
7. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
(a) Is the man who murdered The Comedian.
(b) Is a costumed hero.
(c) Is a dangerous enemy.
(d) Is in love with Laurie.
8. On the night of the rescue, what other people are dressed in costume?
(a) Fake costumed heroes.
(b) Nazi punks -- as Hitler.
(c) Children dressed for Halloween.
(d) Actors performing Shakespeare in Central Park.
9. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
(a) He mistakenly murders the wife he loves.
(b) He gives his wife the pirates' treasure.
(c) He gives the town the pirates' treasure.
(d) He mistakenly murders the fop.
10. What can we assume about "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It's the lifestyle of the Nazi punks.
(b) It's a good idea and more people ought to do it.
(c) It's the lifestyle Veidt used to become a costumed hero.
(d) A lot of money is spent on advertising it.
11. What is ornithology?
(a) The study of blood and DNA.
(b) The study of wings.
(c) The study of owls.
(d) The study of birds.
12. What is Laurie doing when Detective Fine arrives?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Cooking dinner.
(c) Hiding her hero's costume.
(d) Taking a shower.
13. With which of The Comedian's beliefs does Veidt now agree?
(a) Rulers should relinquish power and give it to the people.
(b) There should be one world government.
(c) The world revolves around conflict and power.
(d) The world would be happy without conflict and power.
14. In what publication does the article appear?
(a) Journal of the American Ontological Society.
(b) Journal of the American Ornate Furniture Society.
(c) Journal of the American Ornithological Society.
(d) Journal of the American Otorhinolaryngeal Society.
15. What is specially significant about these documents?
(a) They demonstrate the importance of inter-office memos.
(b) They are rich in metaphor and characterization.
(c) They complete the characterization of Dr Long.
(d) They complete the characterization of Rorshach
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dan's flight ship called?
2. What is the paper's attitude to costumed heroes?
3. What is the sailor's mental state when he joins the pirates?
4. What is Rorschach's response to the charges?
5. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)