|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the new brand of perfume be called?
(a) Noosa Nights
2. What it so special about the snowstorm ball?
(a) It was a souvenir from a family holiday.
(b) Laurie has the feeling it slows time down.
(c) It was a present from her first boyfriend.
(d) Laurie has a feeling it is a miniature world.
3. How is Jon's giant mechanism powered?
(a) Nuclear energy.
(d) Solar cells..
4. Where can "The Veidt Method" often be seen advertised?
(a) On the back page of The New Frontiersman.
(b) On the back cover of Tales of the Black Freighter.
(c) In America Today.
(d) On page 3 of the National Enquirer.
5. What is "The Veidt Method"
(a) A program of mind games and martial arts.
(b) A business plan for Pyramid Industries.
(c) A program of exercise and mental discipline.
(d) A plan for a spiritual journey.
6. Who was the author of the inter-office memo?
(a) Detective Fine.
(b) The District Attorney.
(c) Jon Osterman.
(d) Dr Long.
7. Whose version of events is confirmed through the contents of the scrapbook?
(a) Hollis Mason's.
(b) The Comedian's.
(c) Jon Osterman's.
(d) Captain Metropolis's.
8. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
(a) Nostalgia perfume is to be repackaged.
(b) Production of nostalgia perfume is to be stepped up.
(c) There needs to be a new advertising campaign for Nostalgia perfume.
(d) Nostalgia perfume will be discontinued and replaced.
9. Where does the explosion start?
(a) At Bernhard's news stand.
(b) In the Institute for Interspatial Studies.
(c) At the offices of Pyramid Industries.
(d) At the Interspatial Laboratories.
10. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
(a) Pakistan has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
(b) Afghanistan has invaded Russia and Pakistan.
(c) The United States has invaded Afghanistan and Russia.
(d) Russia has invaded Afghanistan and is advancing towards Pakistan.
11. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
(a) His wife.
(c) The whore.
(d) Detective Fine.
12. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
(a) That he doesn't experience energy the way she does.
(b) That he doesn't experience love and family the way she does.
(c) That he doesn't experience space or time the way she does.
(d) That he doesn't understand women.
13. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
(a) An understanding of the structure of birds.
(b) Knowledge about what will come next in the novel.
(c) A deeper understanding of a character in the novel.
(d) A deeper understanding of scientific principles.
14. Laurie's medical scans reveal . . .
(a) That she has terminl cancer.
(b) That she s not pregnant.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she does not have cancer.
15. What is ornithology?
(a) The study of birds.
(b) The study of owls.
(c) The study of wings.
(d) The study of blood and DNA.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the paper's political stance?
2. With what is Rorchach charged?
3. What information does the secondary story contain?
4. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
5. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)