|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the author of the document presented here?
(a) Jean Seberg.
(b) Jon Silberberg.
(c) Dr Malcolm Long.
(d) Dan Dreiberg.
2. What important decision does Dan make?
(a) To ask Laurie to rescue Rorschach.
(b) To ask Laurie to marry him.
(c) To rescue Rorschach from prison.
(d) To have Rorschach murdered in prison.
3. In the Black Freighter comic, what happens when the sailor abandons his raft?
(a) He fights off a shark and swims to shore.
(b) He doesn't sink, but grabs onto a piece of wood and floats to shore.
(c) He swims to shore.
(d) He doesn't sink, but appears to walk on the sea.
4. Who organized and paid for the attack on Adrian Veidt?
(a) Pyramid Laboratories.
(b) Pyramid Industries.
(d) Sphenoid Laboratories.
5. With what is Rorchach charged?
(a) Stealing from Edgar Jacobi and Harvey Furniss.
(b) The murders of Edgar Jacobi, Gerald Grice and Harvey Furniss.
(c) The murders of Elsa Jacobi, Gerald Grace and Harvey Furnis.
(d) Scaling the facade of a building.
6. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
(a) That its publication has been paid for by an anonymous source.
(b) That its publication was expensive for Hollis.
(c) That it has recently been published.
(d) That its publication has been suppressed.
7. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
(a) A deeper understanding of a character in the novel.
(b) A deeper understanding of scientific principles.
(c) Knowledge about what will come next in the novel.
(d) An understanding of the structure of birds.
8. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
(a) The United States has invaded Afghanistan and Russia.
(b) Afghanistan has invaded Russia and Pakistan.
(c) Pakistan has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
(d) Russia has invaded Afghanistan and is advancing towards Pakistan.
9. What significant thing does Jon tell Laurie about himself?
(a) That he doesn't experience love and family the way she does.
(b) That he doesn't experience space or time the way she does.
(c) That he doesn't experience energy the way she does.
(d) That he doesn't understand women.
10. Which description best fits the article on "The Veidt Method"?
(a) It is a one-page summary.
(b) It is a one-page essay.
(c) It is an example of sensationalist reporting.
(d) It is a detailed feature article.
11. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
(a) Ramses iii
(b) Amun-Ra ii
(d) Ramses ii
12. What place does this section have in the structure of the graphic novel?
(a) It begins a new segment of narrative.
(b) It profiles all the costumed heroes.
(c) It winds up the story of the Minutemen costumed heroes.
(d) It opens up discussion about costumed heroes.
13. On what day was this paper published?
(a) 31st October, 1985.
(b) 26th January, 1985.
(c) 22nd November, 1963.
(d) 30th November, 1985.
14. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
(a) He mistakenly murders the fop.
(b) He gives his wife the pirates' treasure.
(c) He gives the town the pirates' treasure.
(d) He mistakenly murders the wife he loves.
15. Why were Laurie's parents fighting?
(a) Because her mother overspent their budget.
(b) Because her mother had an affair with Rorschach.
(c) Because her mother threw a drink at The Comedian.
(d) Because of her mother's affair with The Comedian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
2. In what publication does the article appear?
3. Who does Dr Long meet near Bernhard's newsstand?
4. How is the fire inside the hangar caused?
5. How does the report comment on Rorschach's notebook?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)