|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the night of the rescue, what other people are dressed in costume?
(a) Fake costumed heroes.
(b) Actors performing Shakespeare in Central Park.
(c) Children dressed for Halloween.
(d) Nazi punks -- as Hitler.
2. What is the password for Veidt's computer system?
(a) Amun-Ra ii
(b) Ramses iii
(c) Ramses ii
3. What information does the secondary story contain?
(a) The amazing disapperance of costumed heroes.
(b) The disapperance of the Black Freighter.
(c) The amazing powers of Dr Manhattan.
(d) The disappearance of Max Shea and other prominent people in the artistic world.
4. The leading article is written by . . . ?
(a) Feature writer Walter Kovacs.
(b) Editor Hector Godfrey.
(c) Editor Hector Geoffrey.
(d) Reporter Hector Geoffrey.
5. What is making Max Shea happy as he boards the boat?
(a) He just wants to go home.
(b) He feels fulfilled at the end of a difficult project.
(c) Security will be lifted and he'll get a large pay check.
(d) He is in love with Linette Paley.
6. What do we learn about Hollis Mason's autobiography?
(a) That it has recently been published.
(b) That its publication was expensive for Hollis.
(c) That its publication has been paid for by an anonymous source.
(d) That its publication has been suppressed.
7. What is the significance of the information given in this section?
(a) It provides good moral leadership for the community.
(b) It provides important information about the newspaper's attitude.
(c) It provides important information relating to the plot of the novel.
(d) It provides insight into the character of Max Shea and other artists.
8. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
(a) Production of nostalgia perfume is to be stepped up.
(b) There needs to be a new advertising campaign for Nostalgia perfume.
(c) Nostalgia perfume is to be repackaged.
(d) Nostalgia perfume will be discontinued and replaced.
9. What is "The Veidt Method"
(a) A program of exercise and mental discipline.
(b) A business plan for Pyramid Industries.
(c) A plan for a spiritual journey.
(d) A program of mind games and martial arts.
10. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
(a) Contains an important plot developmemt.
(b) Ties up some plot elements.
(c) Adds humor to the story.
(d) Instructs us on postmodernism
11. What motivated the Nazi punks to attack and kill Hollis Mason?
(a) They were inflamed by anti-costumed hero rhetoric in the press.
(b) They were given a contract by a local gangster.
(c) They were high on drugs.
(d) Detective Fine paid them to do it.
12. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
(a) Pakistan has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
(b) Russia has invaded Afghanistan and is advancing towards Pakistan.
(c) Afghanistan has invaded Russia and Pakistan.
(d) The United States has invaded Afghanistan and Russia.
13. Detective Fine suspects that Dan . . .
(a) Is a dangerous enemy.
(b) Is a costumed hero.
(c) Is the man who murdered The Comedian.
(d) Is in love with Laurie.
14. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
(a) He gives his wife the pirates' treasure.
(b) He mistakenly murders the wife he loves.
(c) He mistakenly murders the fop.
(d) He gives the town the pirates' treasure.
15. In the Black Freighter comic, what happens when the sailor abandons his raft?
(a) He doesn't sink, but grabs onto a piece of wood and floats to shore.
(b) He swims to shore.
(c) He doesn't sink, but appears to walk on the sea.
(d) He fights off a shark and swims to shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which publication employs the interviewer?
2. What is specially significant about these documents?
3. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
4. In the Black Freighter, what happens when the marooned man is on the beach near his town?
5. Which description best fits the article on "The Veidt Method"?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)