|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which publication employs the interviewer?
(a) The Evening Standard.
(b) The Nova Express.
(c) The National Enquirer.
(d) The New Frontiersman.
2. What does this chapter add for the reader/responder?
(a) An understanding of the structure of birds.
(b) A deeper understanding of scientific principles.
(c) A deeper understanding of a character in the novel.
(d) Knowledge about what will come next in the novel.
3. Who compiled the scrapbook?
(b) Walter Kovacs.
(c) Sally Jupiter.
(d) Hollis Mason.
4. How is Jon's giant mechanism powered?
(a) Solar cells..
(b) Nuclear energy.
5. Who was the author of the inter-office memo?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) Detective Fine.
(c) Dr Long.
(d) Jon Osterman.
6. Where does the explosion start?
(a) In the Institute for Interspatial Studies.
(b) At Bernhard's news stand.
(c) At the offices of Pyramid Industries.
(d) At the Interspatial Laboratories.
7. What information had this interviewer previously provided?
(a) Dr Manhattan's secret life.
(b) A story about Laurie's evil twin.
(c) A list of people supposedly given cancer by Dr Manhattan.
(d) President Nixon's plans for war.
8. What function does this section perform in the narrative?
(a) Instructs us on postmodernism
(b) Contains an important plot developmemt.
(c) Adds humor to the story.
(d) Ties up some plot elements.
9. Who organized and paid for the attack on Adrian Veidt?
(a) Pyramid Laboratories.
(c) Sphenoid Laboratories.
(d) Pyramid Industries.
10. What is ornithology?
(a) The study of birds.
(b) The study of blood and DNA.
(c) The study of wings.
(d) The study of owls.
11. What disturbing news is broadcast on TV?
(a) Pakistan has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq.
(b) Russia has invaded Afghanistan and is advancing towards Pakistan.
(c) Afghanistan has invaded Russia and Pakistan.
(d) The United States has invaded Afghanistan and Russia.
12. What information does the secondary story contain?
(a) The disapperance of the Black Freighter.
(b) The amazing disapperance of costumed heroes.
(c) The disappearance of Max Shea and other prominent people in the artistic world.
(d) The amazing powers of Dr Manhattan.
13. What is the message in Adrian Veidt's office memo?
(a) There needs to be a new advertising campaign for Nostalgia perfume.
(b) Nostalgia perfume is to be repackaged.
(c) Production of nostalgia perfume is to be stepped up.
(d) Nostalgia perfume will be discontinued and replaced.
14. What happens when the sailor in The Black Freighter comic finally makes it home?
(a) He gives the town the pirates' treasure.
(b) He mistakenly murders the wife he loves.
(c) He mistakenly murders the fop.
(d) He gives his wife the pirates' treasure.
15. Ih what form are these documents?
(a) A scrapbook about The Comedian.
(b) A scrapbook miscellany.
(c) A file of newspaper clippings.
(d) A travel scrapbook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose version of events is confirmed through the contents of the scrapbook?
2. The leading article is written by . . . ?
3. Who created the drawing of a man and a woman merging into one while having sex?
4. What does Sally reveal to the interviewer?
5. How is the fire inside the hangar caused?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)