|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Richard Nixon been President?
(a) He has been President for twenty years.
(b) He is in his sixteenth year as President.
(c) He is in his tenth year as President.
(d) He is in his sixth year as President.
2. Who called the meeting to try and form Crimebusters?
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Captain Metropolis.
(d) Hooded Justice.
3. What was Shexnayder's attitude to the expulsion of Silhouette?
(a) He tried to prevent it.
(b) It repelled him.
(c) He supported it.
(d) He wanted her to take it up before the Human Rights Commission.
4. Which newspaper interviews Janey Slater?
(a) The Times of London.
(b) The New York Times
(c) The New Frontiersman.
(d) The Nova Express.
5. How did Hollis get to New York?
(a) He went there to attend university.
(b) He stole an Amtrak ticket.
(c) As a child, he moved there with his family.
(d) He ran away from home as a child.
6. Who carried a sign announcing that the world would end soon?
(a) An enviromental protestor.
(b) A Salvation Army officer.
(c) A haggard-looking vagrant.
(d) A haggard-looking priest.
7. One thing the article says about Tales of the Black Freighter is . . .
(a) That is was unexpectedly successful.
(b) That its writer was very successful.
(c) That it lived up to all expectations.
(d) That its writer is mad.
8. For what reason was Silhouette expelled from the group?
(a) She became pregnant.
(b) It became known she was a lesbian.
(c) She had an affair with Captain Metropolis.
(d) She stole money from the group.
9. What was the original group of costumed heroes called?
(a) The Laughing Cavaliers.
(b) The Minutemen.
(c) The Avengers.
(d) The Comedians.
10. Tales of the Black Freighter is known for being . . .
(a) Notoriously badly written.
(b) A fun comic suitable for all ages.
(c) Famously innovative and amusing.
(d) Notoriously violent and horrific.
11. Who was Silk Spectre's original partner?
(a) The Comedian
(d) Hooded Justice
12. Who does Jon meet in 1961.
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Dan Dreiberg.
(c) Nicola Tesla.
(d) President Truman.
13. Of what does the Black Freighter protagonist build his raft?
(a) The corpses of dead friends.
(b) Driftwood, old oil drums and tree branches.
(c) Tree trunks lashed together with vines.
(d) Driftwood and old oil drums.
14. Who are the women who attend Captain Metropolis's meeting?
(a) Janey Slater and Laurie Juspeczyk.
(b) Silhouette and Silk Spectre.
(c) Silhouette and Laurie Juspeczyk.
(d) Janey Slater and Silk Spectre.
15. Who is replacing Dan's lock?
(a) The Gordian Pastry Company.
(b) HIH Insurance Company.
(c) The Guardian Lock Company.
(d) The Gordian Lock Company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is striking about the list of people Doug Roth reads on TV?
2. How does Veidt survive the assassination attempt?
3. How did Dr Long hope to elicit answers from Rorschach?
4. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
5. Who contacted Hollis after his retirement?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)