|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hollis do at age 23?
(a) He joined the Air League.
(b) He traveled to New York.
(c) He got engaged.
(d) He joined the police force.
2. Hollis became which costumed hero?
(a) Night Owl.
(d) Captain Metropolis.
3. What was the focus of the riots Dan helped to suppress?
(a) They were against the police.
(b) They were about civil rights.
(c) They were pro (in favor of) the police.
(d) They were against the war in Vietnam.
4. What was Jon's father's trade?
5. How was Edward Morgan Blake murdered?
(a) Shot in the apartment then thrown out the window.
(b) Stabbed and strangled, then stuffed in a freezer.
(c) He was severely beaten inside his apartment, then thrown through a window to the sidewalk below.
(d) He was hit on the head with a heavy bust of Ozymandias.
6. About which group does this extract provide information?
(a) The Minutemen.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The Byrds.
(d) The Mothmen.
7. Who intervened to save Sally from rape?
(b) Captain Metropolis.
(c) The Comedian.
(d) Hooded Justice.
8. In what way is Hollis' autobiography important?
(a) It provides information about characters and important events in the novel.
(b) It reveals important things all Americans ought to know.
(c) It tells us about costumed heroes.
(d) It's a great example of autobiographical writing.
9. Which newspaper interviews Janey Slater?
(a) The New York Times
(b) The Times of London.
(c) The Nova Express.
(d) The New Frontiersman.
10. Which nation might use nuclear weapons against America?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
11. Where does Jon meet Laurie?
(a) At a dinner party with President Nixon.
(b) At Captain Metropolis's meeting.
(c) On Miami beach.
(d) At Captain Metropolis's funeral.
12. What type of publication is Under the Hood?
(a) A novel.
(b) A HUAAC document.
(c) An autopiographical novel.
(d) A tell-all autobiography.
13. Who damaged Dan's lock?
(a) Detective Fine.
(c) Detective Bourquin.
(d) The Comedian.
14. Which is the correct statement?
(a) Chapter 4 concludes with a long poem by Professor John Milton.
(b) Chapte 4 cloncludes with the summary of a novel by Professor Milton Glass.
(c) Chapter 4 concludes with a brief essay by Professor Milton Glass.
(d) Chapter 4 concludes with the transcript of a TV interview with Professor Milton Gluck.
15. Which of the costumed heroes was more famous after the House UnAmerican Activities?
(c) The Comedian.
(d) Silk Spectre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which costumed hero was killed during a bank robbery?
2. What was the original group of costumed heroes called?
3. How does Dr Manhatten get to Arizona?
4. How old was Hollis when his family moved to New York City?
5. Who does Dan think responsible for the murder of Blake?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)