|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which newspaper interviews Janey Slater?
(a) The Times of London.
(b) The New York Times
(c) The Nova Express.
(d) The New Frontiersman.
2. Tales of the Black Freighter is known for being . . .
(a) Notoriously violent and horrific.
(b) Famously innovative and amusing.
(c) A fun comic suitable for all ages.
(d) Notoriously badly written.
3. Who are the women who attend Captain Metropolis's meeting?
(a) Silhouette and Laurie Juspeczyk.
(b) Silhouette and Silk Spectre.
(c) Janey Slater and Silk Spectre.
(d) Janey Slater and Laurie Juspeczyk.
4. What was unusual about Dollar Bill's death?
(a) His cape was caught in the wheels of a moving car and he was strangled.
(b) His cape became caught in the door of a bank vault & he was shot.
(c) He died laughing at one of The Comedian's jokes.
(d) His cape became caught in the door of a bank vault and he was strangled.
5. Why is this autobiography important?
(a) It shows us how to write postmodern fiction.
(b) It provides interest and also information about the main characters.
(c) It will be the subject of a major film.
(d) It exposes corruption within the world of costumed heroes.
6. What is striking about the list of people Doug Roth reads on TV?
(a) All are members of a secret society.
(b) All have been aides to Richard Nixon.
(c) All have been diagnosed with diabetes.
(d) All have been diagnosed with terminal cancer.
7. About which group does this extract provide information?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The Mothmen.
(c) The Minutemen.
(d) The Byrds.
8. Who is Janey Slater?
(a) The real identity of Silhouette.
(b) Jon's sister.
(c) A girl who wants to be a costumed hero.
(d) Jon's original girlfriend.
9. What was the focus of the riots Dan helped to suppress?
(a) They were against the war in Vietnam.
(b) They were about civil rights.
(c) They were against the police.
(d) They were pro (in favor of) the police.
10. What has Jon helped to invent?
(a) Electric cars and cost-effective lighter-than-air craft.
(b) Solar-powered electicity for the national grid.
(c) A drug that will cure all known diseases.
(d) Electric airplanes and solar-powered computers.
11. How does Dr Manhatten get to Arizona?
(a) He teleports there.
(b) He uses superpowers to fly there.
(c) He takes Amtrak.
(d) He flies there in his personal jet.
12. What it the title of the autobiography featured at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Under the Neighborhood.
(b) Hoods and Heroes.
(c) Under the Hood
(d) The Hood Stripped Bare.
13. What was Silk Spectre's career?
(a) Pin-up girl.
(c) Airline stewardess.
14. Who does Jon meet in 1961.
(a) Nicola Tesla.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Dan Dreiberg.
(d) President Truman.
15. What do these pages describe?
(a) The strange appeal of violent comics.
(b) The strange appeal of pirates.
(c) The strange appeal of pirate comics.
(d) The strange appeal of comic criticism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Edward Morgan Blake murdered?
2. In what part of town does Jacobi live?
3. Which is the correct statement?
4. What degree does Jon gain at university?
5. What opinion does the Professor have of Dr Manhattan's super-powers?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)