|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rorschach finds the Comedian's costume, what does he assume?
(a) That Ozymandias has planted the costume to frame Blake.
(b) That the police have planted the costume to cause trouble.
(c) That Edward Blake was The Comedian.
(d) That Edward Blake has murdered The Comedian.
2. One thing the article says about Tales of the Black Freighter is . . .
(a) That its writer is mad.
(b) That it lived up to all expectations.
(c) That is was unexpectedly successful.
(d) That its writer was very successful.
3. Who does Dan think responsible for the murder of Blake?
(b) A vagrant.
(c) Nazi punks.
(d) An ex-girlfriend.
4. Which of the costumed heroes was more famous after the House UnAmerican Activities?
(a) Silk Spectre.
(d) The Comedian.
5. Who called the meeting to try and form Crimebusters?
(a) President Kennedy.
(b) Captain Metropolis.
(c) Hooded Justice.
6. Of what did Hooded Justice remind Hollis?
(b) Comic book heroes.
(c) The need for vigilantes.
(d) Cary Grant.
7. Where does this chapter take place?
(a) In New York City and Vietnam.
(b) In Arizona, as Jon reviews his life.
(c) On the surface of Mars as Jon reviews his life.
(d) On the surface of the moon, as Jon reviews his life.
8. Who does Jon meet in 1961.
(a) President Truman.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Dan Dreiberg.
(d) Nicola Tesla.
9. What is unusual about Jon Osterman?
(a) He is blue, naked, bald and has immense superpowers.
(b) He always wears a clown's mask.
(c) He never cuts his hair and wears it like a cloak.
(d) He is blue and wears very shiny clothes.
10. Why did a man slaughter his wife and family?
(a) Anxiety over an impending attack by Iraq.
(b) Anxiety over an asteroid collision.
(c) Anxiety over impending war with Russia.
(d) Anxiety over the end of the world.
11. Why is this autobiography important?
(a) It exposes corruption within the world of costumed heroes.
(b) It provides interest and also information about the main characters.
(c) It will be the subject of a major film.
(d) It shows us how to write postmodern fiction.
12. For what reason was Silhouette expelled from the group?
(a) She had an affair with Captain Metropolis.
(b) She stole money from the group.
(c) It became known she was a lesbian.
(d) She became pregnant.
13. Of what does the Black Freighter protagonist build his raft?
(a) The corpses of dead friends.
(b) Tree trunks lashed together with vines.
(c) Driftwood, old oil drums and tree branches.
(d) Driftwood and old oil drums.
14. How does Rorschach get into the apartment?
(a) He teleports himself into the apartment.
(b) He goes through the front door, using a secret key.
(c) He tricks the janitor to let him in.
(d) He scales the facade of the building.
15. About which group does this extract provide information?
(a) The Byrds.
(b) The Mothmen.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Minutemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
2. What was the result of Mothman's appearance before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee?
3. How did Hollis get to New York?
4. How significant is Hollis in the story?
5. What degree does Jon gain at university?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)