|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Janey Slater?
(a) Jon's original girlfriend.
(b) A girl who wants to be a costumed hero.
(c) The real identity of Silhouette.
(d) Jon's sister.
2. What do the detectives talk about as they leave the apartment?
(a) They discuss the best place to buy pizza.
(b) They discuss the murder and wonder if Ozymandias could have been involved.
(c) They discuss the idea of becoming costumed heroes.
(d) They discuss the murder and wonder if Rorschach could have been involved.
3. Which newspaper interviews Janey Slater?
(a) The Times of London.
(b) The Nova Express.
(c) The New Frontiersman.
(d) The New York Times
4. Why is it necessary to have a sham funeral for Jon?
(a) His body has disintegrated and there are no remains.
(b) He made directions for this in his Will.
(c) It was ordered by the President.
(d) It was ordered by the House UnAmerican Activities Commission.
5. Who was the first-ever real-life costumed hero?
(b) The Comedian
(c) Captain America.
(d) Hooded Justice
6. What does Hollis say the costumed heroes were forced to do?
(a) Travel to Arizona to protect Dr Manhattan.
(b) Appear before a Presidential tribunal.
(c) Reveal their true identities.
(d) Testify before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee (HUAAC).
7. Who was the shadowy figure that slipped away at the end of the graveside service?
(a) Edgar Williams Jacobi AKA Moloch.
(b) Edgar William Jacobi AKA Mordlock.
(c) Edgar Allan Poe AKA The Journalist
8. Who intervened to save Sally from rape?
(a) Hooded Justice.
(b) The Comedian.
(d) Captain Metropolis.
9. Why is Laurie glad to hear that Blake is dead?
(a) He had once tried to rape her mother.
(b) He had once tried to rape her.
(c) She knows he will leave her a lot of money.
(d) She heard he had terminal cancer and is glad his suffering is over.
10. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
(a) He had discovered there was a secret base in the desert where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
(b) He had discovered that the world would soon end.
(c) He'd discovered there was an island where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
(d) He had been having nightmares about his past.
11. Where does this chapter take place?
(a) In Arizona, as Jon reviews his life.
(b) On the surface of Mars as Jon reviews his life.
(c) On the surface of the moon, as Jon reviews his life.
(d) In New York City and Vietnam.
12. Where was Hollis born?
(b) Miami Beach.
13. How did Dr Long hope to elicit answers from Rorschach?
(a) He used the ink-blot tests.
(b) He used hypnotism.
(c) He questioned Rorschach under bright lights.
(d) He used word-association tests.
14. How does Dr Manhatten get to Arizona?
(a) He takes Amtrak.
(b) He flies there in his personal jet.
(c) He uses superpowers to fly there.
(d) He teleports there.
15. What step did Hollis take in 1952?
(a) He retired from the police force.
(b) He investigated Antarctica.
(c) He retired from the costumed hero business.
(d) He wrote a paper on vigilantes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which costumed hero refused to comply with the order referred to in the above question?
2. Which nation might use nuclear weapons against America?
3. What do these pages describe?
4. Which short, strong statement is made in this chapter?
5. What did Hooded Justice do after his HUAAC appearance?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)