|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr Malcolm Long's specialty?
(a) He is a criminal psychologist.
(b) He is a criminal psychiatrist.
(c) He is is the designer of ink-blot tests.
(d) He is a forensic analyst.
2. Who is killed in the assassination attempt?
(a) Veidt's secretary.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Veidt's girlfriend.
(d) President Nixon.
3. How did the United States come to win the Vietnam War in 1971?
(a) They dropped a nuclear bomb on Hanoi.
(b) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and The Comedian.
(c) Direct intervention by President Richard Nixon, who had visited China.
(d) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and Ozymandias.
4. What was the focus of the riots Dan helped to suppress?
(a) They were pro (in favor of) the police.
(b) They were against the war in Vietnam.
(c) They were about civil rights.
(d) They were against the police.
5. What does Hollis say the costumed heroes were forced to do?
(a) Reveal their true identities.
(b) Testify before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee (HUAAC).
(c) Travel to Arizona to protect Dr Manhattan.
(d) Appear before a Presidential tribunal.
6. In what way is Hollis' autobiography important?
(a) It provides information about characters and important events in the novel.
(b) It tells us about costumed heroes.
(c) It's a great example of autobiographical writing.
(d) It reveals important things all Americans ought to know.
7. How does Rorschach get into the apartment?
(a) He scales the facade of the building.
(b) He tricks the janitor to let him in.
(c) He teleports himself into the apartment.
(d) He goes through the front door, using a secret key.
8. How does Jon account for his reappearance?
(a) God heard his dying prayer.
(b) He accomplished it by effort of will.
(c) He reassembled himself by gathering water molecules and carbon.
(d) He reassembled himself from subatomic particles.
9. What did this person ask of Hollis?
(a) If he would start to write his autobiography.
(b) To spy for the United States.
(c) If he might carry on the fight against crime, as Night Owl.
(d) To assassinate Adrian Veidt.
10. How did Hollis first find out about costumed heroes?
(a) He witnessed a costumed hero saving folks caught up in a bank heist.
(b) He saw a movie newsreel.
(c) He read about them in the newspaper.
(d) He heard a radio newscast.
11. Who contacted Hollis after his retirement?
(a) Another crime-fighter.
(b) William Blake.
(c) A representative of the New York chamber of commerce.
(d) Edward Morgan Blake.
12. What motivates the protagonist in the Black Freighter comic books?
(a) His desire to protect himself from the pirates.
(b) His desire to protect his family from pirates.
(c) His desire to protect his family from the Russians.
(d) His desire to buy back the family mansion.
13. What did Ozymandias do in 1958?
(a) He refused to arrest vigilantes.
(b) He married Silk Spectre.
(c) He performed the first vigilante arrests.
(d) He performed the first teleportation.
14. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
(a) He had discovered there was a secret base in the desert where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
(b) He had been having nightmares about his past.
(c) He had discovered that the world would soon end.
(d) He'd discovered there was an island where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
15. Who is Janey Slater?
(a) A girl who wants to be a costumed hero.
(b) The real identity of Silhouette.
(c) Jon's original girlfriend.
(d) Jon's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Arizona, Dr Manhattan retrieves something of value to him. What is this?
2. Why doesn't Jon recall his life in chronological order?
3. For what reason was Silhouette expelled from the group?
4. How significant is Hollis in the story?
5. How does Veidt survive the assassination attempt?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)