|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Silk Spectre's daughter?
(a) Laurie Juspeczyk.
(c) Janey Slater.
(d) Sally Jupiter
2. Which newspaper interviews Janey Slater?
(a) The New York Times
(b) The Nova Express.
(c) The Times of London.
(d) The New Frontiersman.
3. What does Hollis say the costumed heroes were forced to do?
(a) Reveal their true identities.
(b) Appear before a Presidential tribunal.
(c) Testify before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee (HUAAC).
(d) Travel to Arizona to protect Dr Manhattan.
4. In what way is Hollis' autobiography important?
(a) It's a great example of autobiographical writing.
(b) It tells us about costumed heroes.
(c) It reveals important things all Americans ought to know.
(d) It provides information about characters and important events in the novel.
5. In Arizona, Dr Manhattan retrieves something of value to him. What is this?
(a) The Gordian Knot.
(b) An old photo of himself with Janey Slater.
(c) An old photo of himself with Richard Nixon.
(d) A secret stash of gold.
6. What is Dr Malcolm Long's specialty?
(a) He is a forensic analyst.
(b) He is is the designer of ink-blot tests.
(c) He is a criminal psychologist.
(d) He is a criminal psychiatrist.
7. Bernard's news-stand is in front of . . . ?
(a) The Institute for Interspatial Harmony.
(b) The Institute for Interspatial Studies.
(c) The Institute for Interspatial Relations.
(d) Carnegie Hall.
8. How significant is Hollis in the story?
(a) He is the antagonist.
(b) He is a minor character.
(c) He is the narrator.
(d) He is the main character.
9. Where does this chapter take place?
(a) In New York City and Vietnam.
(b) On the surface of the moon, as Jon reviews his life.
(c) On the surface of Mars as Jon reviews his life.
(d) In Arizona, as Jon reviews his life.
10. Tales of the Black Freighter is known for being . . .
(a) Notoriously badly written.
(b) Famously innovative and amusing.
(c) A fun comic suitable for all ages.
(d) Notoriously violent and horrific.
11. What is unusual about Jon Osterman?
(a) He always wears a clown's mask.
(b) He is blue and wears very shiny clothes.
(c) He is blue, naked, bald and has immense superpowers.
(d) He never cuts his hair and wears it like a cloak.
12. What was the result of Mothman's appearance before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee?
(a) He went into despair and committed suicide.
(b) He was eventually cleared.
(c) He was jailed as a communist.
(d) He had to pay a substantial fine.
13. What motivates the protagonist in the Black Freighter comic books?
(a) His desire to buy back the family mansion.
(b) His desire to protect his family from the Russians.
(c) His desire to protect his family from pirates.
(d) His desire to protect himself from the pirates.
14. Who does Dan think responsible for the murder of Blake?
(a) Nazi punks.
(b) An ex-girlfriend.
(c) A vagrant.
15. For what reason was Silhouette expelled from the group?
(a) She became pregnant.
(b) She had an affair with Captain Metropolis.
(c) It became known she was a lesbian.
(d) She stole money from the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hooded Justice do after his HUAAC appearance?
2. What step did Hollis take in 1952?
3. What was Silk Spectre's career?
4. For how long has Richard Nixon been President?
5. How does Rorschach question likely suspects?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)