|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it necessary to have a sham funeral for Jon?
(a) It was ordered by the House UnAmerican Activities Commission.
(b) His body has disintegrated and there are no remains.
(c) It was ordered by the President.
(d) He made directions for this in his Will.
2. Why does Jon return to the lab on the night of his accident?
(a) He has accidentally left Janey's watch there.
(b) He has forgotten his mobile phone.
(c) He has accidentally left on a bunsen burner.
(d) He needed to work some more.
3. How did the United States come to win the Vietnam War in 1971?
(a) Direct intervention by President Richard Nixon, who had visited China.
(b) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and The Comedian.
(c) They dropped a nuclear bomb on Hanoi.
(d) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and Ozymandias.
4. What name was given to the group of costumed heroes?
(a) The Minutemen.
(b) The Predators.
(c) Millennium Men.
(d) The Guardians.
5. How does Rorschach question likely suspects?
(a) He charms them and asks nicely.
(b) He hypnotises them.
(c) He physically tortures them until he's satisfied they know nothing.
(d) He injects them with truth serum.
6. What motivates the protagonist in the Black Freighter comic books?
(a) His desire to protect his family from the Russians.
(b) His desire to protect his family from pirates.
(c) His desire to protect himself from the pirates.
(d) His desire to buy back the family mansion.
7. What opinion does the Professor have of Dr Manhattan's super-powers?
(a) They will make America unpopular.
(b) They are dangerous because Dr Manhattan is unstable.
(c) They will cause Russia to attack America.
(d) They will give an enormous advantage to America.
8. What step did Hollis take in 1952?
(a) He investigated Antarctica.
(b) He retired from the costumed hero business.
(c) He wrote a paper on vigilantes.
(d) He retired from the police force.
9. In what way is Hollis' autobiography important?
(a) It's a great example of autobiographical writing.
(b) It provides information about characters and important events in the novel.
(c) It tells us about costumed heroes.
(d) It reveals important things all Americans ought to know.
10. Which costumed hero was killed during a bank robbery?
(a) Dollar Bill.
(b) The Comedian.
(d) Captain Metrolopis.
11. When Rorschach finds the Comedian's costume, what does he assume?
(a) That the police have planted the costume to cause trouble.
(b) That Edward Blake was The Comedian.
(c) That Ozymandias has planted the costume to frame Blake.
(d) That Edward Blake has murdered The Comedian.
12. How did Dr Long hope to elicit answers from Rorschach?
(a) He used the ink-blot tests.
(b) He used hypnotism.
(c) He questioned Rorschach under bright lights.
(d) He used word-association tests.
13. This chapter concludes with . . . ?
(a) More pages from Hollis Mason's autobiography.
(b) The death of The Comedian.
(c) A fight with Nazi punks.
(d) More pages on the history of comic books.
14. Who was Silk Spectre's daughter?
(a) Janey Slater.
(c) Sally Jupiter
(d) Laurie Juspeczyk.
15. Which of the costumed heroes was more famous after the House UnAmerican Activities?
(a) Silk Spectre.
(c) The Comedian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Sally doing when The Comedian assaulted her?
2. Who are the women who attend Captain Metropolis's meeting?
3. How does Jon account for his reappearance?
4. Who contacted Hollis after his retirement?
5. How did Hollis get to New York?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)