|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of people does Dan see in the rough neighborhood?
(a) Pimps and prostitutes.
(b) Nazi punks.
(c) A film crew making a documentary.
(d) College kids
2. What step did Hollis take in 1952?
(a) He retired from the police force.
(b) He wrote a paper on vigilantes.
(c) He retired from the costumed hero business.
(d) He investigated Antarctica.
3. Where does Jon meet Laurie?
(a) On Miami beach.
(b) At Captain Metropolis's funeral.
(c) At Captain Metropolis's meeting.
(d) At a dinner party with President Nixon.
4. Who damaged Dan's lock?
(a) The Comedian.
(b) Detective Fine.
(c) Detective Bourquin.
5. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
(a) He had been having nightmares about his past.
(b) He had discovered that the world would soon end.
(c) He had discovered there was a secret base in the desert where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
(d) He'd discovered there was an island where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
6. In what year did Hollis become the original Night Owl?
7. Who carried a sign announcing that the world would end soon?
(a) A haggard-looking vagrant.
(b) A Salvation Army officer.
(c) A haggard-looking priest.
(d) An enviromental protestor.
8. What is Dr Malcolm Long's specialty?
(a) He is a criminal psychologist.
(b) He is a forensic analyst.
(c) He is is the designer of ink-blot tests.
(d) He is a criminal psychiatrist.
9. Who does Jon meet in 1961.
(a) President Truman.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Dan Dreiberg.
(d) Nicola Tesla.
10. What did Hooded Justice do after his HUAAC appearance?
(a) He wrote a play about it.
(b) He went to Russia.
(c) He vanished.
(d) He complained to the President about it.
11. Who did Silk Spectre marry in 1947?
(c) Hooded Justice.
(d) The Comedian.
12. What did Hollis do at age 23?
(a) He traveled to New York.
(b) He joined the police force.
(c) He joined the Air League.
(d) He got engaged.
13. Who is Janey Slater?
(a) Jon's original girlfriend.
(b) The real identity of Silhouette.
(c) A girl who wants to be a costumed hero.
(d) Jon's sister.
14. What has Jon helped to invent?
(a) Solar-powered electicity for the national grid.
(b) A drug that will cure all known diseases.
(c) Electric airplanes and solar-powered computers.
(d) Electric cars and cost-effective lighter-than-air craft.
15. What is striking about the list of people Doug Roth reads on TV?
(a) All are members of a secret society.
(b) All have been diagnosed with terminal cancer.
(c) All have been aides to Richard Nixon.
(d) All have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name was given to the group of costumed heroes?
2. Who are the women who attend Captain Metropolis's meeting?
3. What do these pages describe?
4. Chapter 5 ends with . . .
5. In what part of town does Jacobi live?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)