|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Jon recall his life in chronological order?
(a) His memory has been damaged.
(b) It is part of the postmodernist structure of the novel.
(c) The story is interrupted in the telling.
(d) His vision is sometimes distorted by subatomic events.
2. What name was given to the group of costumed heroes?
(a) The Guardians.
(b) The Minutemen.
(c) The Predators.
(d) Millennium Men.
3. What important advantage do costumed heroes have?
(a) A colorful costume and lots of fun.
(b) They work with the police at all times.
(c) The costume provides anonymity, thus freedom to perform vigilante acts.
(d) They have presidential backing.
4. Which costumed hero refused to comply with the order referred to in the above question?
(a) Night Owl
(b) Blind Justice.
(c) Silk Spectre
(d) Hooded Justice.
5. Why did a man slaughter his wife and family?
(a) Anxiety over impending war with Russia.
(b) Anxiety over the end of the world.
(c) Anxiety over an asteroid collision.
(d) Anxiety over an impending attack by Iraq.
6. What sort of people does Dan see in the rough neighborhood?
(a) College kids
(b) A film crew making a documentary.
(c) Pimps and prostitutes.
(d) Nazi punks.
7. What does Laurie realize about Jon?
(a) That he can defeat his enemies.
(b) That he can see into the future.
(c) That he can appear in multiple places simultaneously.
(d) That he is bald and blue in color.
8. Rorschach tells Moloch to contact him by what method?
(a) By leaving a note under his door.
(b) By leaving a note in a certain city trash can.
(c) By leaving a note at Grand Central station.
(d) By sending him a coded text message.
9. Which of the costumed heroes was more famous after the House UnAmerican Activities?
(a) Silk Spectre.
(d) The Comedian.
10. What did Ozymandias do in 1958?
(a) He performed the first teleportation.
(b) He married Silk Spectre.
(c) He refused to arrest vigilantes.
(d) He performed the first vigilante arrests.
11. Who contacted Hollis after his retirement?
(a) A representative of the New York chamber of commerce.
(b) Another crime-fighter.
(c) Edward Morgan Blake.
(d) William Blake.
12. Where was Hollis born?
(b) Miami Beach.
13. What do Dan and Laurie do after the fight with the muggers?
(a) They laugh in relief because they almost lost the fight.
(b) They laugh at the muggers.
(c) They laugh because they have enjoyed themselves.
(d) They take the injured muggers to hospital.
14. What degree does Jon gain at university?
(a) A PhD in Pure Mathematics.
(b) A PhD in Interspatial Studies.
(c) None. He dropped out.
(d) A PhD in Atomic Physics.
15. Which costumed hero was killed during a bank robbery?
(a) Dollar Bill.
(b) The Comedian.
(d) Captain Metrolopis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
2. What do these pages describe?
3. How does Jon account for his reappearance?
4. In what part of town does Jacobi live?
5. Why is Laurie glad to hear that Blake is dead?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)