|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How significant is Hollis in the story?
(a) He is the narrator.
(b) He is the antagonist.
(c) He is the main character.
(d) He is a minor character.
2. Who is replacing Dan's lock?
(a) HIH Insurance Company.
(b) The Guardian Lock Company.
(c) The Gordian Lock Company.
(d) The Gordian Pastry Company.
3. What was Sally doing when The Comedian assaulted her?
(a) Getting changed into her hero costume.
(b) Texting her girlfriend.
(c) Getting changed after a photo shoot.
(d) Getting changed to go out on a date.
4. What name was given to the group of costumed heroes?
(a) The Guardians.
(b) The Minutemen.
(c) The Predators.
(d) Millennium Men.
5. What was unusual about Dollar Bill's death?
(a) He died laughing at one of The Comedian's jokes.
(b) His cape became caught in the door of a bank vault and he was strangled.
(c) His cape became caught in the door of a bank vault & he was shot.
(d) His cape was caught in the wheels of a moving car and he was strangled.
6. In what year did Hollis become the original Night Owl?
7. In what year did Hollis read about costumed heroes?
8. Who wrote the text for Tales of the Black Freighter?
(a) Mark Shea
(b) Max Factor.
(c) Max Osterman
(d) Max Shea.
9. How does Rorschach question likely suspects?
(a) He physically tortures them until he's satisfied they know nothing.
(b) He charms them and asks nicely.
(c) He injects them with truth serum.
(d) He hypnotises them.
10. Who contacted Hollis after his retirement?
(a) Another crime-fighter.
(b) Edward Morgan Blake.
(c) A representative of the New York chamber of commerce.
(d) William Blake.
11. For what reason might this other nation attack America with nuclear weapons?
(a) If it wanted to expand its empire.
(b) If it wanted America's oil reserves.
(c) If it believed America was an evil nation.
(d) If it was under threat.
12. In what part of town does Jacobi live?
(a) An ordinary working class neighbourhood.
(b) The bohemian part of town.
(c) The seedy part of town.
(d) An ordinary middle class neighborhood.
13. What important thing does President Nixon ask Jon to do?
(a) Intervene in the War Against Want.
(b) Intervene in the Boer War.
(c) Intervene in the Vietnam War.
(d) Intervene in the Korean War.
14. What did Hooded Justice do after his HUAAC appearance?
(a) He wrote a play about it.
(b) He vanished.
(c) He went to Russia.
(d) He complained to the President about it.
15. Bernard's news-stand is in front of . . . ?
(a) The Institute for Interspatial Relations.
(b) The Institute for Interspatial Studies.
(c) Carnegie Hall.
(d) The Institute for Interspatial Harmony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Veidt survive the assassination attempt?
2. Tales of the Black Freighter is known for being . . .
3. What was the result of Mothman's appearance before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee?
4. What it the title of the autobiography featured at the end of Chapter 1?
5. Which is the correct statement?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)