|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Hollis first find out about costumed heroes?
(a) He witnessed a costumed hero saving folks caught up in a bank heist.
(b) He read about them in the newspaper.
(c) He heard a radio newscast.
(d) He saw a movie newsreel.
2. How was Edward Morgan Blake murdered?
(a) Stabbed and strangled, then stuffed in a freezer.
(b) He was severely beaten inside his apartment, then thrown through a window to the sidewalk below.
(c) Shot in the apartment then thrown out the window.
(d) He was hit on the head with a heavy bust of Ozymandias.
3. What was Silk Spectre's career?
(a) Pin-up girl.
(b) Airline stewardess.
4. In what way is Hollis' autobiography important?
(a) It provides information about characters and important events in the novel.
(b) It tells us about costumed heroes.
(c) It reveals important things all Americans ought to know.
(d) It's a great example of autobiographical writing.
5. Which short, strong statement is made in this chapter?
6. How does Jon account for his reappearance?
(a) God heard his dying prayer.
(b) He accomplished it by effort of will.
(c) He reassembled himself from subatomic particles.
(d) He reassembled himself by gathering water molecules and carbon.
7. What type of publication is Under the Hood?
(a) A HUAAC document.
(b) A novel.
(c) A tell-all autobiography.
(d) An autopiographical novel.
8. In what year did Hollis become the original Night Owl?
9. What sort of people does Dan see in the rough neighborhood?
(a) A film crew making a documentary.
(b) Pimps and prostitutes.
(c) Nazi punks.
(d) College kids
10. Who wrote the text for Tales of the Black Freighter?
(a) Max Osterman
(b) Mark Shea
(c) Max Shea.
(d) Max Factor.
11. Rorschach tells Moloch to contact him by what method?
(a) By leaving a note at Grand Central station.
(b) By leaving a note in a certain city trash can.
(c) By sending him a coded text message.
(d) By leaving a note under his door.
12. What was Sally doing when The Comedian assaulted her?
(a) Getting changed after a photo shoot.
(b) Getting changed into her hero costume.
(c) Getting changed to go out on a date.
(d) Texting her girlfriend.
13. What is Dr Malcolm Long's specialty?
(a) He is a forensic analyst.
(b) He is is the designer of ink-blot tests.
(c) He is a criminal psychiatrist.
(d) He is a criminal psychologist.
14. What important thing does President Nixon ask Jon to do?
(a) Intervene in the War Against Want.
(b) Intervene in the Boer War.
(c) Intervene in the Vietnam War.
(d) Intervene in the Korean War.
15. What is Professor Glass's normal job?
(a) He is a senior researcher for the CIA.
(b) He is a senior researcher at Yale.
(c) He is a senior researcher at Gila Flats, Arizona.
(d) He writes for The Scientific American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What step did Hollis take in 1952?
2. What it the title of the autobiography featured at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What was unusual about Dollar Bill's death?
4. What do the detectives talk about as they leave the apartment?
5. What was Rorschach's birth name?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)