|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ozymandias do in 1958?
(a) He married Silk Spectre.
(b) He refused to arrest vigilantes.
(c) He performed the first teleportation.
(d) He performed the first vigilante arrests.
2. Where was Hollis born?
(c) Miami Beach.
3. What does Jon's father throw out the window?
(a) A book about Hiroshima.
(b) Pieces of his disassembled watch.
(c) The Comedian.
(d) His dinner.
4. Why is it necessary to have a sham funeral for Jon?
(a) He made directions for this in his Will.
(b) His body has disintegrated and there are no remains.
(c) It was ordered by the House UnAmerican Activities Commission.
(d) It was ordered by the President.
5. Rorschach tells Moloch to contact him by what method?
(a) By leaving a note at Grand Central station.
(b) By sending him a coded text message.
(c) By leaving a note under his door.
(d) By leaving a note in a certain city trash can.
6. Why doesn't Jon recall his life in chronological order?
(a) It is part of the postmodernist structure of the novel.
(b) His vision is sometimes distorted by subatomic events.
(c) The story is interrupted in the telling.
(d) His memory has been damaged.
7. For what reason was Silhouette expelled from the group?
(a) She stole money from the group.
(b) She became pregnant.
(c) She had an affair with Captain Metropolis.
(d) It became known she was a lesbian.
8. About which group does this extract provide information?
(a) The Minutemen.
(b) The Byrds.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The Mothmen.
9. How old was Hollis when his family moved to New York City?
10. What do these pages describe?
(a) The strange appeal of comic criticism.
(b) The strange appeal of violent comics.
(c) The strange appeal of pirates.
(d) The strange appeal of pirate comics.
11. In what year did Hollis become the original Night Owl?
12. What it the title of the autobiography featured at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The Hood Stripped Bare.
(b) Hoods and Heroes.
(c) Under the Neighborhood.
(d) Under the Hood
13. How does Veidt survive the assassination attempt?
(a) He ducks.
(b) He catches the bullet.
(c) He wears a bullet-proof vest.
(d) He hides under a table.
14. How many artists were involved in illustrating the comic?
15. In what part of town does Jacobi live?
(a) An ordinary working class neighbourhood.
(b) The seedy part of town.
(c) The bohemian part of town.
(d) An ordinary middle class neighborhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hollis became which costumed hero?
2. What does Hollis say the costumed heroes were forced to do?
3. Who contacted Hollis after his retirement?
4. How was Edward Morgan Blake murdered?
5. Who was the first-ever real-life costumed hero?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)