|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the text for Tales of the Black Freighter?
(a) Mark Shea
(b) Max Shea.
(c) Max Osterman
(d) Max Factor.
2. What was Sally doing when The Comedian assaulted her?
(a) Getting changed into her hero costume.
(b) Getting changed to go out on a date.
(c) Getting changed after a photo shoot.
(d) Texting her girlfriend.
3. Where does Rorschach go to visit Jon Osterman?
(a) Pine Gap Base in Central Australia.
(b) The Rockefeller Military Research Centre.
(d) The London School of Economics.
4. What is unusual about Jon Osterman?
(a) He is blue, naked, bald and has immense superpowers.
(b) He always wears a clown's mask.
(c) He never cuts his hair and wears it like a cloak.
(d) He is blue and wears very shiny clothes.
5. Where does Jon meet Laurie?
(a) On Miami beach.
(b) At Captain Metropolis's funeral.
(c) At Captain Metropolis's meeting.
(d) At a dinner party with President Nixon.
6. Who damaged Dan's lock?
(a) Detective Fine.
(b) The Comedian.
(d) Detective Bourquin.
7. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
(a) He'd discovered there was an island where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
(b) He had discovered that the world would soon end.
(c) He had discovered there was a secret base in the desert where writers, scientists and artists did terrible things.
(d) He had been having nightmares about his past.
8. Bernard's news-stand is in front of . . . ?
(a) The Institute for Interspatial Relations.
(b) Carnegie Hall.
(c) The Institute for Interspatial Harmony.
(d) The Institute for Interspatial Studies.
9. In Arizona, Dr Manhattan retrieves something of value to him. What is this?
(a) An old photo of himself with Richard Nixon.
(b) The Gordian Knot.
(c) An old photo of himself with Janey Slater.
(d) A secret stash of gold.
10. What opinion does the Professor have of Dr Manhattan's super-powers?
(a) They will cause Russia to attack America.
(b) They will give an enormous advantage to America.
(c) They are dangerous because Dr Manhattan is unstable.
(d) They will make America unpopular.
11. What was Adrian Veidt's identity as a costumed hero?
(a) The Winged Wombat.
(d) The Comedian
12. What do Dan and Laurie do after the fight with the muggers?
(a) They laugh because they have enjoyed themselves.
(b) They laugh at the muggers.
(c) They laugh in relief because they almost lost the fight.
(d) They take the injured muggers to hospital.
13. What does Jon's father throw out the window?
(a) A book about Hiroshima.
(b) Pieces of his disassembled watch.
(c) His dinner.
(d) The Comedian.
14. What was the result of Mothman's appearance before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee?
(a) He was jailed as a communist.
(b) He was eventually cleared.
(c) He went into despair and committed suicide.
(d) He had to pay a substantial fine.
15. How was Edward Morgan Blake murdered?
(a) Shot in the apartment then thrown out the window.
(b) He was severely beaten inside his apartment, then thrown through a window to the sidewalk below.
(c) Stabbed and strangled, then stuffed in a freezer.
(d) He was hit on the head with a heavy bust of Ozymandias.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rorschach question likely suspects?
2. Who intervened to save Sally from rape?
3. What did Hooded Justice do after his HUAAC appearance?
4. What does Hollis say the costumed heroes were forced to do?
5. Where does this chapter take place?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)