|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hollis became which costumed hero?
(a) Night Owl.
(d) Captain Metropolis.
2. For what reason was Silhouette expelled from the group?
(a) She became pregnant.
(b) She had an affair with Captain Metropolis.
(c) It became known she was a lesbian.
(d) She stole money from the group.
3. Tales of the Black Freighter is known for being . . .
(a) Famously innovative and amusing.
(b) Notoriously badly written.
(c) A fun comic suitable for all ages.
(d) Notoriously violent and horrific.
4. What do Dan and Laurie do after the fight with the muggers?
(a) They laugh in relief because they almost lost the fight.
(b) They take the injured muggers to hospital.
(c) They laugh at the muggers.
(d) They laugh because they have enjoyed themselves.
5. What has Jon helped to invent?
(a) Solar-powered electicity for the national grid.
(b) A drug that will cure all known diseases.
(c) Electric cars and cost-effective lighter-than-air craft.
(d) Electric airplanes and solar-powered computers.
6. What degree does Jon gain at university?
(a) None. He dropped out.
(b) A PhD in Interspatial Studies.
(c) A PhD in Atomic Physics.
(d) A PhD in Pure Mathematics.
7. Who are the women who attend Captain Metropolis's meeting?
(a) Silhouette and Silk Spectre.
(b) Janey Slater and Laurie Juspeczyk.
(c) Janey Slater and Silk Spectre.
(d) Silhouette and Laurie Juspeczyk.
8. What it the title of the autobiography featured at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Hoods and Heroes.
(b) Under the Hood
(c) The Hood Stripped Bare.
(d) Under the Neighborhood.
9. Who is killed in the assassination attempt?
(a) President Nixon.
(b) President Kennedy.
(c) Veidt's girlfriend.
(d) Veidt's secretary.
10. In what year did Hollis become the original Night Owl?
11. How did Dr Long hope to elicit answers from Rorschach?
(a) He used word-association tests.
(b) He used the ink-blot tests.
(c) He used hypnotism.
(d) He questioned Rorschach under bright lights.
12. Who carried a sign announcing that the world would end soon?
(a) A Salvation Army officer.
(b) A haggard-looking priest.
(c) A haggard-looking vagrant.
(d) An enviromental protestor.
13. About which group does this extract provide information?
(a) The Mothmen.
(b) The Minutemen.
(c) The Byrds.
(d) The CIA.
14. Who did Silk Spectre marry in 1947?
(b) Hooded Justice.
(d) The Comedian.
15. How does Rorschach get into the apartment?
(a) He tricks the janitor to let him in.
(b) He goes through the front door, using a secret key.
(c) He scales the facade of the building.
(d) He teleports himself into the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name was given to the group of costumed heroes?
2. What was the weather like for Blake's graveside funeral?
3. Who was Silk Spectre's original partner?
4. How does Dr Manhatten get to Arizona?
5. What was the original group of costumed heroes called?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)