|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Ozymandias do in 1958?
(a) He refused to arrest vigilantes.
(b) He performed the first teleportation.
(c) He performed the first vigilante arrests.
(d) He married Silk Spectre.
2. How did the United States come to win the Vietnam War in 1971?
(a) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and Ozymandias.
(b) They dropped a nuclear bomb on Hanoi.
(c) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and The Comedian.
(d) Direct intervention by President Richard Nixon, who had visited China.
3. Where does Rorschach go to visit Jon Osterman?
(b) The London School of Economics.
(c) The Rockefeller Military Research Centre.
(d) Pine Gap Base in Central Australia.
4. Of what did Hooded Justice remind Hollis?
(a) Comic book heroes.
(c) The need for vigilantes.
(d) Cary Grant.
5. Why doesn't Jon recall his life in chronological order?
(a) It is part of the postmodernist structure of the novel.
(b) His memory has been damaged.
(c) His vision is sometimes distorted by subatomic events.
(d) The story is interrupted in the telling.
6. Where was Hollis born?
(d) Miami Beach.
7. Who contacted Hollis after his retirement?
(a) William Blake.
(b) Edward Morgan Blake.
(c) Another crime-fighter.
(d) A representative of the New York chamber of commerce.
8. How does Dr Manhatten get to Arizona?
(a) He flies there in his personal jet.
(b) He teleports there.
(c) He takes Amtrak.
(d) He uses superpowers to fly there.
9. Which nation might use nuclear weapons against America?
(d) Saudi Arabia.
10. What is unusual about Jon Osterman?
(a) He is blue and wears very shiny clothes.
(b) He always wears a clown's mask.
(c) He is blue, naked, bald and has immense superpowers.
(d) He never cuts his hair and wears it like a cloak.
11. For what reason might this other nation attack America with nuclear weapons?
(a) If it believed America was an evil nation.
(b) If it was under threat.
(c) If it wanted America's oil reserves.
(d) If it wanted to expand its empire.
12. How many artists were involved in illustrating the comic?
13. Who buys the New Frontiersman from Bernard?
(a) A haggard-looking vagrant.
(c) A haggard-looking woman.
(d) Detective Fine.
14. Which costumed hero was killed during a bank robbery?
(b) Dollar Bill.
(c) Captain Metrolopis.
(d) The Comedian.
15. What is Professor Glass's normal job?
(a) He is a senior researcher for the CIA.
(b) He is a senior researcher at Gila Flats, Arizona.
(c) He writes for The Scientific American.
(d) He is a senior researcher at Yale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did a man slaughter his wife and family?
2. What degree does Jon gain at university?
3. What is Dr Malcolm Long's specialty?
4. In what way is Hollis' autobiography important?
5. What important advantage do costumed heroes have?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)