|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the Black Freighter protagonist build his raft?
(a) Driftwood and old oil drums.
(b) Driftwood, old oil drums and tree branches.
(c) Tree trunks lashed together with vines.
(d) The corpses of dead friends.
2. Why did a man slaughter his wife and family?
(a) Anxiety over impending war with Russia.
(b) Anxiety over an asteroid collision.
(c) Anxiety over the end of the world.
(d) Anxiety over an impending attack by Iraq.
3. What name was given to the group of costumed heroes?
(a) The Predators.
(b) Millennium Men.
(c) The Minutemen.
(d) The Guardians.
4. Bernard's news-stand is in front of . . . ?
(a) Carnegie Hall.
(b) The Institute for Interspatial Harmony.
(c) The Institute for Interspatial Studies.
(d) The Institute for Interspatial Relations.
5. Which of the costumed heroes was more famous after the House UnAmerican Activities?
(b) The Comedian.
(d) Silk Spectre.
6. Why is Laurie glad to hear that Blake is dead?
(a) He had once tried to rape her.
(b) She knows he will leave her a lot of money.
(c) He had once tried to rape her mother.
(d) She heard he had terminal cancer and is glad his suffering is over.
7. What was the focus of the riots Dan helped to suppress?
(a) They were against the war in Vietnam.
(b) They were pro (in favor of) the police.
(c) They were against the police.
(d) They were about civil rights.
8. What was Shexnayder's attitude to the expulsion of Silhouette?
(a) He wanted her to take it up before the Human Rights Commission.
(b) He tried to prevent it.
(c) He supported it.
(d) It repelled him.
9. What type of publication is Under the Hood?
(a) A HUAAC document.
(b) A novel.
(c) An autopiographical novel.
(d) A tell-all autobiography.
10. How does Jon account for his reappearance?
(a) He reassembled himself from subatomic particles.
(b) God heard his dying prayer.
(c) He accomplished it by effort of will.
(d) He reassembled himself by gathering water molecules and carbon.
11. What was Sally doing when The Comedian assaulted her?
(a) Texting her girlfriend.
(b) Getting changed to go out on a date.
(c) Getting changed after a photo shoot.
(d) Getting changed into her hero costume.
12. Where does Rorschach go to visit Jon Osterman?
(a) Pine Gap Base in Central Australia.
(b) The London School of Economics.
(c) The Rockefeller Military Research Centre.
13. How did Hollis first find out about costumed heroes?
(a) He saw a movie newsreel.
(b) He witnessed a costumed hero saving folks caught up in a bank heist.
(c) He heard a radio newscast.
(d) He read about them in the newspaper.
14. How does Rorschach question likely suspects?
(a) He charms them and asks nicely.
(b) He hypnotises them.
(c) He physically tortures them until he's satisfied they know nothing.
(d) He injects them with truth serum.
15. Where does Jon meet Laurie?
(a) At Captain Metropolis's meeting.
(b) On Miami beach.
(c) At a dinner party with President Nixon.
(d) At Captain Metropolis's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. One thing the article says about Tales of the Black Freighter is . . .
2. What does the vagrant walk through on the sidewalk?
3. Where does this chapter take place?
4. What was the result of Mothman's appearance before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee?
5. How did Hollis get to New York?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)