|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important advantage do costumed heroes have?
(a) They have presidential backing.
(b) They work with the police at all times.
(c) A colorful costume and lots of fun.
(d) The costume provides anonymity, thus freedom to perform vigilante acts.
2. What is Professor Glass's normal job?
(a) He writes for The Scientific American.
(b) He is a senior researcher for the CIA.
(c) He is a senior researcher at Yale.
(d) He is a senior researcher at Gila Flats, Arizona.
3. What was Shexnayder's attitude to the expulsion of Silhouette?
(a) He tried to prevent it.
(b) It repelled him.
(c) He supported it.
(d) He wanted her to take it up before the Human Rights Commission.
4. Why does Jon return to the lab on the night of his accident?
(a) He has accidentally left on a bunsen burner.
(b) He needed to work some more.
(c) He has forgotten his mobile phone.
(d) He has accidentally left Janey's watch there.
5. How did the United States come to win the Vietnam War in 1971?
(a) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and Ozymandias.
(b) They dropped a nuclear bomb on Hanoi.
(c) Direct intervention by President Richard Nixon, who had visited China.
(d) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and The Comedian.
6. Who was the shadowy figure that slipped away at the end of the graveside service?
(a) Edgar Williams Jacobi AKA Moloch.
(b) Edgar William Jacobi AKA Mordlock.
(d) Edgar Allan Poe AKA The Journalist
7. Who intervened to save Sally from rape?
(a) Captain Metropolis.
(b) The Comedian.
(c) Hooded Justice.
8. One thing the article says about Tales of the Black Freighter is . . .
(a) That is was unexpectedly successful.
(b) That it lived up to all expectations.
(c) That its writer was very successful.
(d) That its writer is mad.
9. How did Hollis get to New York?
(a) He ran away from home as a child.
(b) He stole an Amtrak ticket.
(c) As a child, he moved there with his family.
(d) He went there to attend university.
10. Of what does the Black Freighter protagonist build his raft?
(a) Driftwood and old oil drums.
(b) Tree trunks lashed together with vines.
(c) Driftwood, old oil drums and tree branches.
(d) The corpses of dead friends.
11. When Rorschach finds the Comedian's costume, what does he assume?
(a) That the police have planted the costume to cause trouble.
(b) That Ozymandias has planted the costume to frame Blake.
(c) That Edward Blake was The Comedian.
(d) That Edward Blake has murdered The Comedian.
12. What was unusual about Dollar Bill's death?
(a) His cape became caught in the door of a bank vault & he was shot.
(b) He died laughing at one of The Comedian's jokes.
(c) His cape became caught in the door of a bank vault and he was strangled.
(d) His cape was caught in the wheels of a moving car and he was strangled.
13. Hollis became which costumed hero?
(c) Night Owl.
(d) Captain Metropolis.
14. Who damaged Dan's lock?
(a) Detective Fine.
(b) Detective Bourquin.
(c) The Comedian.
15. What did Hollis do at age 23?
(a) He joined the police force.
(b) He traveled to New York.
(c) He got engaged.
(d) He joined the Air League.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the original group of costumed heroes called?
2. Of what did Hooded Justice remind Hollis?
3. Dan learned that The Comedian had been distressed about something. What was that?
4. How many artists were involved in illustrating the comic?
5. What it the title of the autobiography featured at the end of Chapter 1?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)