|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rorschach tells Moloch to contact him by what method?
(a) By leaving a note under his door.
(b) By leaving a note in a certain city trash can.
(c) By leaving a note at Grand Central station.
(d) By sending him a coded text message.
2. In what way is Hollis' autobiography important?
(a) It reveals important things all Americans ought to know.
(b) It provides information about characters and important events in the novel.
(c) It tells us about costumed heroes.
(d) It's a great example of autobiographical writing.
3. Who intervened to save Sally from rape?
(a) Hooded Justice.
(c) Captain Metropolis.
(d) The Comedian.
4. Who carried a sign announcing that the world would end soon?
(a) A Salvation Army officer.
(b) A haggard-looking vagrant.
(c) An enviromental protestor.
(d) A haggard-looking priest.
5. Who does Dan think responsible for the murder of Blake?
(a) A vagrant.
(b) An ex-girlfriend.
(c) Nazi punks.
6. Of what did Hooded Justice remind Hollis?
(a) Comic book heroes.
(c) The need for vigilantes.
(d) Cary Grant.
7. What does Hollis say the costumed heroes were forced to do?
(a) Reveal their true identities.
(b) Travel to Arizona to protect Dr Manhattan.
(c) Appear before a Presidential tribunal.
(d) Testify before the House UnAmerican Activities Committee (HUAAC).
8. Why is Laurie glad to hear that Blake is dead?
(a) She knows he will leave her a lot of money.
(b) She heard he had terminal cancer and is glad his suffering is over.
(c) He had once tried to rape her.
(d) He had once tried to rape her mother.
9. What sort of people does Dan see in the rough neighborhood?
(a) A film crew making a documentary.
(b) College kids
(c) Pimps and prostitutes.
(d) Nazi punks.
10. Which costumed hero was killed during a bank robbery?
(b) Captain Metrolopis.
(c) Dollar Bill.
(d) The Comedian.
11. Who was the first-ever real-life costumed hero?
(a) Captain America.
(b) Hooded Justice
(d) The Comedian
12. What is Dr Malcolm Long's specialty?
(a) He is is the designer of ink-blot tests.
(b) He is a forensic analyst.
(c) He is a criminal psychiatrist.
(d) He is a criminal psychologist.
13. How does Jon account for his reappearance?
(a) He reassembled himself by gathering water molecules and carbon.
(b) He reassembled himself from subatomic particles.
(c) He accomplished it by effort of will.
(d) God heard his dying prayer.
14. In Arizona, Dr Manhattan retrieves something of value to him. What is this?
(a) An old photo of himself with Richard Nixon.
(b) An old photo of himself with Janey Slater.
(c) A secret stash of gold.
(d) The Gordian Knot.
15. What was the boy Rorschach's experience after being placed in care?
(a) Neutral: he got on with things.
(b) Negative: he missed his mother.
(c) Positive: he enjoyed it and he excelled at school.
(d) Positive: he got to meet lots of girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the focus of the riots Dan helped to suppress?
2. How does Rorschach get into the apartment?
3. What is unusual about Jon Osterman?
4. How old was Hollis when his family moved to New York City?
5. Bernard's news-stand is in front of . . . ?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)