|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What step did Hollis take in 1952?
(a) He retired from the costumed hero business.
(b) He wrote a paper on vigilantes.
(c) He retired from the police force.
(d) He investigated Antarctica.
2. In what year did Hollis read about costumed heroes?
3. Which costumed hero refused to comply with the order referred to in the above question?
(a) Night Owl
(b) Blind Justice.
(c) Hooded Justice.
(d) Silk Spectre
4. Who called the meeting to try and form Crimebusters?
(b) Captain Metropolis.
(c) Hooded Justice.
(d) President Kennedy.
5. Why did a man slaughter his wife and family?
(a) Anxiety over an impending attack by Iraq.
(b) Anxiety over impending war with Russia.
(c) Anxiety over an asteroid collision.
(d) Anxiety over the end of the world.
6. What do these pages describe?
(a) The strange appeal of pirates.
(b) The strange appeal of pirate comics.
(c) The strange appeal of comic criticism.
(d) The strange appeal of violent comics.
7. How did the United States come to win the Vietnam War in 1971?
(a) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and The Comedian.
(b) Direct intervention by President Richard Nixon, who had visited China.
(c) Direct intervention by Dr Manhattan and Ozymandias.
(d) They dropped a nuclear bomb on Hanoi.
8. What was Shexnayder's attitude to the expulsion of Silhouette?
(a) He wanted her to take it up before the Human Rights Commission.
(b) He supported it.
(c) It repelled him.
(d) He tried to prevent it.
9. What motivates the protagonist in the Black Freighter comic books?
(a) His desire to protect himself from the pirates.
(b) His desire to protect his family from pirates.
(c) His desire to protect his family from the Russians.
(d) His desire to buy back the family mansion.
10. Which is the correct statement?
(a) Chapte 4 cloncludes with the summary of a novel by Professor Milton Glass.
(b) Chapter 4 concludes with a brief essay by Professor Milton Glass.
(c) Chapter 4 concludes with a long poem by Professor John Milton.
(d) Chapter 4 concludes with the transcript of a TV interview with Professor Milton Gluck.
11. What important thing does President Nixon ask Jon to do?
(a) Intervene in the Vietnam War.
(b) Intervene in the War Against Want.
(c) Intervene in the Korean War.
(d) Intervene in the Boer War.
12. What did Hollis do at age 23?
(a) He joined the police force.
(b) He got engaged.
(c) He traveled to New York.
(d) He joined the Air League.
13. In what part of town does Jacobi live?
(a) The bohemian part of town.
(b) An ordinary working class neighbourhood.
(c) An ordinary middle class neighborhood.
(d) The seedy part of town.
14. In Arizona, Dr Manhattan retrieves something of value to him. What is this?
(a) An old photo of himself with Richard Nixon.
(b) An old photo of himself with Janey Slater.
(c) The Gordian Knot.
(d) A secret stash of gold.
15. Hollis became which costumed hero?
(a) Captain Metropolis.
(b) Night Owl.
Short Answer Questions
1. How significant is Hollis in the story?
2. In what way is Hollis' autobiography important?
3. Why is this autobiography important?
4. What does Jon's father throw out the window?
5. For what reason was Silhouette expelled from the group?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)