• Rorschach, in his guise as a vagrant, overhears Detectives Fine and Bourquin discussing the murder of Edward Morgan Blake.
• Rorschach searches Blake's apartment and finds evidence he is The Comedian, a costumed hero.
• Dan Dreiberg meets with Hollis Mason, the original Night Owl.
• Dan and Rorschach disagree about the possible motive for Blake's murder.
• At the Rockefeller Military Research Center, Rorschach speaks to Jon Osterman and his lover, Laurie Juspeczyk.
• Jon, Rorschach and Laurie argue about the motivation for Blake's murder.
• Laurie decides to visit Dan.
• Information from Hollis Mason's autobiography, outlining his early life and his decision, while a police officer, to become the second real-life costumed hero.
• Laurie visits her mother, Sally, who tells her daughter about the way Hooded Justice saved her from the Comedian's rape attempt.
• At Blake's funeral, Veidt remembers Captain Metropolis' attempt to form Crimebusters, and how the Comedian ruined the meeting.
• Also at...
This section contains 1,564 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)