|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion overtakes Janie in Chapter 15?
2. What dessert do Tea Cake and Janie enjoy on the porch?
3. What does Tea Cake do when Janie cannot swim anymore?
4. What symbol returns in Chapter 11 as a feeling that Tea Cake awakens in Janie?
5. How long do the people on the muck stay mad at Janie?
Essay Topic 1
How are the characters in the novel presented as foils of one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how the novel and Janie's story could be viewed as an inspiration to women.
Essay Topic 3
Which characters in the novel are static? Which characters are dynamic? How do the two different types of characters contribute to the evolution of the story and its central themes?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)