|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie find difficult about tending the store?
(a) The calculations.
(b) Handling the meat.
(c) The crowds.
(d) The customer service.
2. What does Janie realize she feels for her grandmother?
3. What does Joe want the town to have that the men of Eatonville say the white men won't give him?
(a) A post office.
(b) A paved road.
(c) A mayor.
(d) A church.
4. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
(a) King Solomon.
(b) Logan Killicks.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
(a) Brushes her hair at night.
(b) Chops the wood and carries it inside.
(c) Cooks dinner.
(d) Sleeps on the couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
2. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
3. What is the cause of Joe's illness.
4. What is the subject of most of the jokes told on the porch?
5. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)