|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie keep waiting for after her marriage?
(a) To get a new dress.
(b) To have a baby.
(c) To fall in love with her husband.
(d) To move to another city.
2. For how long does Janie wear black to signify her mourning over Joe?
(a) Two days.
(b) Six months.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
3. What does Joe do after the big fight with Janie?
(a) He apologizes to Janie.
(b) He closes down the store.
(c) He moves into another bedroom in the house.
(d) He tells Janie to pack up and leave him.
4. What time of day is it when the novel begins?
(d) Lunch time.
5. Who does Janie say is the only person Joe ever listened to?
(c) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie do that upsets Joe in the store in Chapter 7?
2. Who is Eatonville named after?
3. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
4. Where does Janie get married?
5. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)