|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
(a) He says it is beneath her.
(b) He wants her to be jealous.
(c) He is afraid she will get too upset.
(d) He says she needs to tend the store.
2. What does Janie have in her new home that none of the other blacks in town have?
(a) A wood-burning stove.
(b) An organ.
(c) A feather bed.
(d) A bathtub.
3. How old is Janie in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Logan go to Lake City?
(a) To get a new plow.
(b) To buy a mule.
(c) To look at some land.
(d) He's having an affair.
5. Jody says all women need telling, just like ____________. (Fill in the blank)
(a) Black people.
(d) Children and chickens and cows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
2. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
3. After they've been married for about a year, what does Logan tell Janie she can now do for herself?
4. How old do the neighbors think Janie is when she returns home in Chapter 1?
5. What is the cause of Joe's illness.
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)