|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Logan go to Lake City?
(a) He's having an affair.
(b) To get a new plow.
(c) To buy a mule.
(d) To look at some land.
2. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(b) A husband.
(d) A new house.
3. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
(a) He says she needs to tend the store.
(b) He says it is beneath her.
(c) He is afraid she will get too upset.
(d) He wants her to be jealous.
4. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
5. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
(a) Janie's clothes are better than the other kids' clothes.
(b) Janie gets better grades than them.
(c) Janie talks differently than the other kids.
(d) Janie makes fun of the other girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
2. What has been Joe's source of power so far in the novel?
3. What does Janie have to do when Logan goes to Lake City for the day?
4. What emotion is personified in Chapter 9 as something that Janie asks questions of at night?
5. How does Jody deal with his aging?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)