|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song is played at Joe's funeral?
(a) "When the Saints Go Marching In."
(b) "All by Myself."
(c) "Safe in the Arms of Jesus."
(d) "Amazing Grace."
2. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(b) Pay him for his advice.
(c) Build a bridge.
(d) Start a city council.
3. Where is Joe Starks from?
(b) Up north.
4. What does Janie do at home after the funeral?
(a) She packs her bags to leave town.
(b) She burns all of Joe's belongings.
(c) She cries herself to sleep.
(d) She burns her head rags.
5. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
(a) They bury it in Joe's back yard.
(b) They drag it out to the swamp for a ceremony.
(c) They cook it and eat it.
(d) They leave the carcass on Bonner's front porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Janie compare Jody to in her speech?
2. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
3. Who is Janie's best friend?
4. What does Logan want Janie to do while she is making breakfast?
5. What does Janie want to seek instead of things?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)