|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Joe Starks from?
(b) Up north.
2. Besides Janie's wedding, what other major event occurs in Chapter 3?
(a) Janie divorces Logan.
(b) Janie has a baby.
(c) Nanny dies.
(d) Logan dies.
3. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
(a) A blossoming tree.
(b) A sunset.
(c) A ripe fruit.
(d) A sunrise.
4. What does Joe think the town must do to be successful?
(a) Pay him for his advice.
(b) Start a city council.
(c) Build a bridge.
5. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
(a) Logan Killicks.
(b) Johnny Taylor.
(c) Brody Jenks.
(d) Nathaniel Washburn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion is personified in Chapter 9 as something that Janie asks questions of at night?
2. What does Janie like about the store?
3. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
4. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
5. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)