|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Janie's response to Joe's anger in the store after he chastises her?
(a) She ignores him all day.
(b) She gets fed up and makes fun of his aging body.
(c) She runs away.
(d) She throws the tobacco plug at him.
2. Why does Joe buy the mule?
(a) He wants to impress the other men.
(b) He wants Janie to take care of the mule.
(c) He needs the mule to work his land.
(d) He overhears Janie saying that the mule needs rest.
3. How does Hezekiah behave in the store?
(a) He acts like a harmless imitation of Joe.
(b) He pretends to own the store.
(c) He is lazy and will not work.
(d) He is meek and like a servant to Janie.
4. What do the townspeople do when the mule dies?
(a) They drag it out to the swamp for a ceremony.
(b) They cook it and eat it.
(c) They bury it in Joe's back yard.
(d) They leave the carcass on Bonner's front porch.
5. How old do the neighbors think Janie is when she returns home in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men compare beating a woman to?
2. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
3. What do the other children tease Janie about?
4. What does Nanny do to avoid being whipped by the plantation Mistress?
5. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)