|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symbolic object does Janie keep returning to in the days before her wedding?
(a) The rose bush.
(b) The pear tree.
(c) The front gate.
(d) The school yard.
2. What does Logan say that he and Nanny have done to Janie?
(a) Ruined her appetite.
(b) Spoiled her.
(c) Beaten her.
(d) Raised her from birth.
3. What does Joe build in Chapter 5?
(a) A barn.
(b) A house.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) A store.
4. Logan says Janie acts like she thinks she is ______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A man.
(c) A queen.
5. What does Joe buy from Mr. Eaton?
(a) A dress for Janie.
(b) A mule.
(c) A house.
(d) 200 more acres of land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie have to do when Logan goes to Lake City for the day?
2. What object in nature is symbolic of Janie's sexual awakening?
3. Jody says all women need telling, just like ____________. (Fill in the blank)
4. The first line of the novel is "Ships at a distance have every man's _________ on board." (Fill in the blank)
5. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)