|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hurston say that Janie's grandmother pinched and tied around Janie's neck "tight enough to choke her"?
(b) The horizon.
2. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
(a) 60 acres.
(b) 100 acres.
(c) 1 acre.
(d) 10 acres.
3. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
(a) West Maitland.
(b) East Tampa.
(d) The Everglades.
4. Where does Janie get married?
(a) In the Washburns' back yard.
(b) At the Baptist church.
(c) In Miami.
(d) In Nanny's parlor.
5. Why doesn't Janie leave Jody?
(a) She truly loves him.
(b) She has nowhere to go.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is afraid he will find her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
2. Who is Eatonville named after?
3. What does Janie use as a weapon in Chapter 7?
4. What does Joe do after the big fight with Janie?
5. After they've been married for about a year, what does Logan tell Janie she can now do for herself?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)