|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Janie find difficult about tending the store?
(a) Handling the meat.
(b) The customer service.
(c) The crowds.
(d) The calculations.
2. What does Tea Cake do when he returns to the store that melts Janie's decided coldness toward him?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) He buys all the sodas she has in the store.
(c) He plays an imaginary guitar.
(d) He brings her flowers.
3. How does Janie suggest that Tea Cake get home?
(a) By train.
(b) By horse.
(c) On foot.
(d) By car.
4. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
(a) She thinks Janie is sick.
(b) She thinks Janie is pregnant.
(c) She thinks Janie will leave Logan.
(d) She thinks Janie's husband has been beating her.
5. What does Nunkie do to get Tea Cake's attention?
(a) Nunkie tells Tea Cake that Janie is cheating on him.
(b) Nunkie dresses provocatively.
(c) Nunkie teases and hits Tea Cake.
(d) Nunkie pretends to be sick for Tea Cake's sympathy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nanny call the "very prong all us black women gits hung on"?
2. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
3. How old do the neighbors think Janie is when she returns home in Chapter 1?
4. What does Joe say someone like Janie is "made to do"?
5. Whose house has no roof?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)