Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Logan say that he and Nanny have done to Janie?
(a) Spoiled her.
(b) Ruined her appetite.
(c) Beaten her.
(d) Raised her from birth.
2. What does Hurston compare Janie to in Chapter 7?
(a) A mule.
(b) A rainbow.
(c) A rut in the road.
(d) A child.
3. Why does Joe not allow Janie to participate in the social scene around the store?
(a) He says it is beneath her.
(b) He says she needs to tend the store.
(c) He wants her to be jealous.
(d) He is afraid she will get too upset.
4. What does Janie's grandmother do to make things easier for Janie with the other black children?
(a) She buys them some land and their own house.
(b) She homeschools Janie.
(c) She yells at the other children.
(d) She sends Janie to a different school.
5. What does Joe do to hurt Janie in Chapter 8?
(a) Moves another woman into the house.
(b) Sells all of her clothes .
(c) Tells the doctor not to tell her anything.
(d) Refuses food from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nanny propose that Janie marry?
2. What does Janie's husband do for Janie that Nanny says won't last for long?
3. What are Janie's neighbors doing when she arrives home?
4. Where does Janie get married?
5. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)