|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Janie realize she is not white?
(a) When her grandmother tells her.
(b) When she sees a picture of herself with the white children.
(c) When she looks in the mirror.
(d) When the kids at school tease her.
2. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
(a) The baby is always hidden .
(b) The baby's gray eyes and yellow hair.
(c) The plantation Master sends the baby away.
(d) The baby's fair skin.
3. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
(a) Nanny sells her to a white man.
(b) She married a soldier.
(c) She was raped by the school teacher.
(d) She spent the night with a white man.
4. What does Janie eat for dinner in Chapter 1?
(a) Turkey and dressing.
(b) A ham sandwich.
(c) Mulatto rice.
(d) Vegetable stew.
5. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A husband.
(c) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Janie's maiden name?
2. What does everyone call the "boy" Janie left with?
3. What time of day is it when the novel begins?
4. What is Janie doing when Pheoby comes to see her?
5. Why do the other black children pick on Janie all the time?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)