|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(a) A new house.
(d) A husband.
2. What is an alternate name for Eatonville?
(a) West Maitland.
(c) The Everglades.
(d) East Tampa.
3. Who is Eatonville named after?
(a) Mr. Eaton, who donated the land to the blacks.
(b) Lady Eaton of Georgia.
(c) Janie's grandmother.
(d) Joe Starks' first wife.
4. How did Janie's mother become pregnant with Janie?
(a) She married a soldier.
(b) She was raped by the school teacher.
(c) Nanny sells her to a white man.
(d) She spent the night with a white man.
5. What item of Joe's are the residents of Eatonville envious of?
(a) His feathered hat.
(b) His silk suit.
(c) His gold spittoon.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the Mistress suspect that Nanny's newborn baby is part white?
2. What is the first thing Nanny thinks Janie is upset about when Janie comes to visit her in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of the family Nanny works for?
4. How many acres does Janie's new home sit on?
5. What does Janie do to get Joe's attention?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)