Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is elected mayor of Eatonville?
2. What does Joe's death mean to Janie?
3. What action does Hurston compare Jody's harsh words to Janie in the store to?
(a) Stripping a woman on a crowded street.
(b) Kicking a mule.
(c) Hugging a child.
(d) Beating a dog.
4. Nanny tells Janie not to worry about love when she has _______. (Fill in the blank)
(c) A new house.
(d) A husband.
5. What does Hurston compare Janie's funeral veil to?
(a) A wall of stone and steel.
(b) A burial shroud.
(c) A bridal veil.
(d) A party mask.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Janie find unattractive about her husband in Chapter 3?
2. What do the residents of Eatonville hold a barbecue in celebration of?
3. Who does Janie marry in Chapter 3?
4. What surprises Jody and Janie about Eatonville?
5. What does Hurston compare Janie to in Chapter 7?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)