|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
2. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
3. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
4. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
5. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
2. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
3. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
4. In Interlude-November 5, 1996, what does Marya describe?
5. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
6. When does Marya's brother finally realize how thin Marya is?
7. What are Marya's main reasons for not committing suicide or giving up on living?
8. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
9. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
10. Why does Marya decide to visit Kathi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marya thinks that her body is a costume that she can constantly change. If it does not make her happy, she can switch it out and be happier.
1) How many different faces does Marya have growing up?
2) Find 3 instances of how Marya hides herself with these masks.
3) Does this make it difficult for those around her to get to know her?
Essay Topic 2
Marya considers bulimics to be very passionate and filled with desires. They, in her opinion, are also weak and always give in. Do you agree or disagree with her statement? Does it makes sense to you?
Essay Topic 3
From reading the novel, Marya has given the reader several symptoms of bulimia and anorexia. List out 5 examples of actions or behaviors that anorexics and bulimics typically display.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)