|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya do when she looks in the mirror?
2. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
3. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
4. What are some of Marya's rituals?
5. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the antibiotic do to Marya's system?
2. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
3. In Interlude-Present Day, what does Marya discuss?
4. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
5. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
6. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
7. What does Marya almost refuse to take?
8. While at school, what does Marya begin to do to herself?
9. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
10. While going to American University, what happens to Marya's body and mind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Collectively, do men have a positive or negative influence on Marya's life?
2) How does Marya use men negatively?
3) What male has had the most positive effect on Marya's life?
Essay Topic 2
When Marya moves back into her parents' house while taking class at a university what happens to her? Why do her old habits return? What should her parents have done to promote her continued success and rehabilitation?
Essay Topic 3
Which of the following characters do you believe most caused Marya's eating disorders?
- Young Cousin
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)