|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya want from her family?
2. What is the main part of this Interlude?
3. How does Mayra feel while at this place?
4. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
5. What are some of Marya's rituals?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, Marya constantly thinks her body is disgusting and awful. In reality, what Marya puts her body through causes it to become sickly, disfigured, and unattractive.
1) When does Marya finally realize the extent of the damages to her body?
2) To her psyche?
3) To all those around her?
Essay Topic 2
Why are the anorexics and bulimics working against each other while they are in rehab? How does this help or hinder their therapeutic process at Lowe House?
Essay Topic 3
Which of the following characters do you believe most caused Marya's eating disorders?
- Young Cousin
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)