|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
2. How does Marya chicken out and not take advantage of her opportunity to get better?
3. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
4. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
5. What is the tone of this Interlude?
Essay Topic 1
Marya thinks that her body is a costume that she can constantly change. If it does not make her happy, she can switch it out and be happier.
1) How many different faces does Marya have growing up?
2) Find 3 instances of how Marya hides herself with these masks.
3) Does this make it difficult for those around her to get to know her?
Essay Topic 2
From reading the novel, Marya has given the reader several symptoms of bulimia and anorexia. List out 5 examples of actions or behaviors that anorexics and bulimics typically display.
Essay Topic 3
Marya is convinced that she desperately wanted to die or simply stop existing. What stopped her from committing suicide?
What currently keeps her wanting to continue her fight against her eating disorders?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)