|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya think of her life in D.C.?
2. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
3. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
4. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
5. What does Marya want from her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From reading the novel, Marya has given the reader several symptoms of bulimia and anorexia. List out 5 examples of actions or behaviors that anorexics and bulimics typically display.
Essay Topic 2
How do anorexics justify what they are doing to their bodies? How did Marya justify her actions? Jane? Marya's mother?
Essay Topic 3
When Marya moves back into her parents' house while taking class at a university what happens to her? Why do her old habits return? What should her parents have done to promote her continued success and rehabilitation?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)