|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does her husband do?
2. What is the tone of this Interlude?
3. When Marya has a breakdown, what does this mean?
4. What does Marya say that she hates?
5. What does Marya realize will happen after she leaves the treatment center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
2. What are Marya's main reasons for not committing suicide or giving up on living?
3. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
4. When does Marya's brother finally realize how thin Marya is?
5. What does the antibiotic do to Marya's system?
6. How does Marya begin leading a double life in this section of the novel?
7. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
8. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
9. What does Marya almost refuse to take?
10. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From reading the novel, Marya has given the reader several symptoms of bulimia and anorexia. List out 5 examples of actions or behaviors that anorexics and bulimics typically display.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Marya constantly thinks her body is disgusting and awful. In reality, what Marya puts her body through causes it to become sickly, disfigured, and unattractive.
1) When does Marya finally realize the extent of the damages to her body?
2) To her psyche?
3) To all those around her?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the anorexics and bulimics working against each other while they are in rehab? How does this help or hinder their therapeutic process at Lowe House?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)