|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
2. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
3. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
4. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
5. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What also leads Mayra do develop a strange relationship to food?
2. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
3. What observations does Marya have concerning wealth and money?
4. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
5. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
6. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
7. When was the interlude to the book written?
8. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
9. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
10. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do anorexics justify what they are doing to their bodies? How did Marya justify her actions? Jane? Marya's mother?
Essay Topic 2
Marya considers bulimics to be very passionate and filled with desires. They, in her opinion, are also weak and always give in. Do you agree or disagree with her statement? Does it makes sense to you?
Essay Topic 3
Marya is convinced that she desperately wanted to die or simply stop existing. What stopped her from committing suicide?
What currently keeps her wanting to continue her fight against her eating disorders?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)