|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
2. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
3. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
4. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
5. What is her current weight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What also leads Mayra do develop a strange relationship to food?
2. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
3. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
4. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
5. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
6. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
7. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
8. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
9. Why is Marya writing this novel?
10. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through the interludes, Marya is able to reflect back on her old life and old ways. Are the interludes effective?
If so, why or why not? What is the tone of the reflection? Is it different than the rest of the autobiographies?
Essay Topic 2
1) Collectively, do men have a positive or negative influence on Marya's life?
2) How does Marya use men negatively?
3) What male has had the most positive effect on Marya's life?
Essay Topic 3
Marya considers bulimics to be very passionate and filled with desires. They, in her opinion, are also weak and always give in. Do you agree or disagree with her statement? Does it makes sense to you?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)