|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
2. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
3. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
4. Instead of going to school, how does Marya spend her time?
5. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
2. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
3. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
4. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
5. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
6. Why is Marya writing this novel?
7. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
8. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
9. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
10. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marya notices that the women in her family have a terrible problem with food. Choose three of Marya's family members and discuss their feelings about food. How are they similar or different to Marya's food issues?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Marya searches for people who will love her, care for her, and understand her. How is her bulimia, anorexia, and sex addiction a call for her? Does she receive the help she needs too late?
Essay Topic 3
Which of the following characters do you believe most caused Marya's eating disorders?
- Young Cousin
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)