|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mayra's mother admit?
2. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
3. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
4. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
5. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
2. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
3. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
4. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
5. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
6. When was the interlude to the book written?
7. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
8. Why is Marya writing this novel?
9. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
10. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do friends and family blind themselves to Marya's issues? Describe 5 instances in which they have expressed their ignorance. escribe 2 instances where people actually noticed Marya's issues.
Essay Topic 2
From reading the novel, Marya has given the reader several symptoms of bulimia and anorexia. List out 5 examples of actions or behaviors that anorexics and bulimics typically display.
Essay Topic 3
Marya is convinced that she desperately wanted to die or simply stop existing. What stopped her from committing suicide?
What currently keeps her wanting to continue her fight against her eating disorders?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)