|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
2. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
3. What tone is the Interlude written in?
4. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
5. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
2. What action gets the story moving quickly?
3. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
4. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
5. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
6. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
7. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
8. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
9. How does the novel begin?
10. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From reading the novel, Marya has given the reader several symptoms of bulimia and anorexia. List out 5 examples of actions or behaviors that anorexics and bulimics typically display.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Marya constantly thinks her body is disgusting and awful. In reality, what Marya puts her body through causes it to become sickly, disfigured, and unattractive.
1) When does Marya finally realize the extent of the damages to her body?
2) To her psyche?
3) To all those around her?
Essay Topic 3
Why are the anorexics and bulimics working against each other while they are in rehab? How does this help or hinder their therapeutic process at Lowe House?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)