|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
2. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
3. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
4. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
5. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
2. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
3. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
4. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
5. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
6. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
7. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
8. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
9. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
10. What observations does Marya have concerning wealth and money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From reading the novel, Marya has given the reader several symptoms of bulimia and anorexia. List out 5 examples of actions or behaviors that anorexics and bulimics typically display.
Essay Topic 2
The book ends with the question as to whether Marya will survive her recovery. Describe the end of the book. Do you think that Marya's conclusion was effective? Explain why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How do anorexics justify what they are doing to their bodies? How did Marya justify her actions? Jane? Marya's mother?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)