|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
2. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
3. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
4. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
5. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
2. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
3. What action gets the story moving quickly?
4. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
5. What observations does Marya have concerning wealth and money?
6. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
7. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
8. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
9. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
10. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which of the following characters do you believe most caused Marya's eating disorders?
- Young Cousin
Essay Topic 2
Compare Marya's relationship with her father to her relationship with her mother. How did the two use Marya to get what they wanted?
Essay Topic 3
1) Collectively, do men have a positive or negative influence on Marya's life?
2) How does Marya use men negatively?
3) What male has had the most positive effect on Marya's life?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)