|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
2. What does Marya begin to crave?
3. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
4. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
5. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
2. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
3. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
4. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
5. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
6. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
7. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
8. What also leads Mayra do develop a strange relationship to food?
9. How does the novel begin?
10. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through the interludes, Marya is able to reflect back on her old life and old ways. Are the interludes effective?
If so, why or why not? What is the tone of the reflection? Is it different than the rest of the autobiographies?
Essay Topic 2
The book ends with the question as to whether Marya will survive her recovery. Describe the end of the book. Do you think that Marya's conclusion was effective? Explain why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Marya considers bulimics to be very passionate and filled with desires. They, in her opinion, are also weak and always give in. Do you agree or disagree with her statement? Does it makes sense to you?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)