|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya begin to crave?
2. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
3. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
4. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
5. What does Marya realize about her lies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
2. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
3. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
4. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
5. What also leads Mayra do develop a strange relationship to food?
6. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
7. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
8. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
9. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
10. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Through the interludes, Marya is able to reflect back on her old life and old ways. Are the interludes effective?
If so, why or why not? What is the tone of the reflection? Is it different than the rest of the autobiographies?
Essay Topic 2
How do friends and family blind themselves to Marya's issues? Describe 5 instances in which they have expressed their ignorance. escribe 2 instances where people actually noticed Marya's issues.
Essay Topic 3
Why are the anorexics and bulimics working against each other while they are in rehab? How does this help or hinder their therapeutic process at Lowe House?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)