|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marya believes that eating disorders are ____________.
2. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
3. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
4. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
5. What happens at therapy with her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What observations does Marya have concerning wealth and money?
2. When was the interlude to the book written?
3. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
4. What also leads Mayra do develop a strange relationship to food?
5. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
6. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
7. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
8. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
9. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
10. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Marya moves back into her parents' house while taking class at a university what happens to her? Why do her old habits return? What should her parents have done to promote her continued success and rehabilitation?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, Marya searches for people who will love her, care for her, and understand her. How is her bulimia, anorexia, and sex addiction a call for her? Does she receive the help she needs too late?
Essay Topic 3
How do friends and family blind themselves to Marya's issues? Describe 5 instances in which they have expressed their ignorance. escribe 2 instances where people actually noticed Marya's issues.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)