|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya realize that her eating disorders have done to her body?
(a) Made her look the best she has ever looked.
(b) Caused her to become stronger.
(c) Made her more attractive.
(d) Made her unattractive.
2. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her throwing up.
(b) Her minimalist eating.
(c) Her crazed feelings.
(d) Her manic thoughts.
3. After she cuts all of her hair off, what does Marya realize?
(a) She is in control of her body.
(b) She has lost all control over her impulses.
(c) She hates herself.
(d) She can never change her mental state.
4. How does Mayra feel while at this place?
(a) She wants to die.
(b) She wants to live.
(c) She likes the people she is meeting.
(d) Confused about her disorders.
5. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 45 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 67 pounds.
(d) 72 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Marya handling a job and school?
2. What is the main part of this Interlude?
3. Because she is alive, Marya feels like she needs to_________.
4. When Marya has a breakdown, what does this mean?
5. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marya decide to visit Kathi?
2. In Interlude-Present Day, what does Marya discuss?
3. After arriving at Lowe House, what is Marya warned about by another patient?
4. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
5. When Marya feels like she is having a nervous breakdown, what is really happening?
6. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
7. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
8. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
9. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
10. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)