|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Marya is dating and making new friends at school, what happens at night?
(a) She cuts herself.
(b) She is still taking drugs and sleeping around.
(c) She won't talk to her parents.
(d) She still throws up.
2. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 72 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 45 pounds.
(d) 67 pounds.
3. What causes Marya to crash her father's car on the way home?
(a) She was drunk.
(b) She had not eaten in days and passed out.
(c) A drunk driver crashed into her.
(d) She was angry with him.
4. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
(b) Determination to take control of the eating disorder.
(c) The feelings of power other people give her.
(d) Playing with men's emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. While she was writing the book, what else changed in her body?
2. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
3. What is the tone of this Interlude?
4. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
5. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
2. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
3. What gives Marya the ability to carry on with her life and fight everyday?
4. When Marya feels like she is having a nervous breakdown, what is really happening?
5. How does this person not oblige Marya's whims?
6. How does Marya begin leading a double life in this section of the novel?
7. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
8. How does 1991 get off to a good start for Marya?
9. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
10. What does the antibiotic do to Marya's system?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)