|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Marya handling a job and school?
(a) She does not have a job.
(b) She is pretty average.
(c) Poorly she is failing.
(d) Very well. She has a 4.0.
2. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
(a) Her eating disorders.
(b) Her feelings toward all doctors.
(c) Her ambivalent feelings of being touched.
(d) Her fear of the dentist.
3. Whom does Marya move in with when she turns eighteen?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her friend Sybil.
(c) A childhood friend.
(d) A random man she meets.
4. Now, why does Marya think her problems started again?
(a) She was too tired to fight.
(b) She wanted them to happen again.
(c) Being in her parents' house causes her to regress.
(d) Eating causes her to feel sad and guilty.
5. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
(a) It provides her with a sense of security.
(b) She is afraid that she will be scorned elsewhere.
(c) She likes her bedroom there.
(d) She likes the friends she has made.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
2. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
3. What does Marya want from her family?
4. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
5. What has Marya realized about life over the years?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
2. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
3. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
4. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
5. After arriving at Lowe House, what is Marya warned about by another patient?
6. While going to American University, what happens to Marya's body and mind?
7. What gives Marya the ability to carry on with her life and fight everyday?
8. What does the antibiotic do to Marya's system?
9. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
10. How does Marya begin leading a double life in this section of the novel?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)