|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya do when she looks in the mirror?
(a) Wishes she had a boyfriend.
(b) Checks on how fat she has gotten.
(c) Thinks she looks beautiful.
(d) Remembers that she should not eat.
2. To hide her purging, what does Marya do?
(a) She refuses to throw up.
(b) She lies to everyone.
(c) She throws up in trash bags.
(d) She throws up in her suitcase.
3. How will Marya change her life soon?
(a) She will willingly go back into treatment.
(b) She will fall deeper into herself.
(c) She will not be able to change.
(d) She will be forced to go to another facility.
4. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
(a) No, only in affluent homes.
(b) No, only in poverty stricken areas.
(c) No, only in a few homes.
(d) Yes, in homes all over America.
5. When Marya is six, what does she do with her life plan?
(a) Hides it from her mother.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Saves it in her diary.
(d) Buries it in her backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. By saying this, what becomes all right?
2. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
3. To feel better, what does Marya decide to do?
4. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
5. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gives Marya the ability to carry on with her life and fight everyday?
2. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
3. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
4. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
5. How does Marya begin leading a double life in this section of the novel?
6. What are Marya's main reasons for not committing suicide or giving up on living?
7. In Interlude-Present Day, what does Marya discuss?
8. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
9. What will Marya always worry about?
10. What does the antibiotic do to Marya's system?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)