|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
(a) She goes to her grandmother for advice.
(b) She begins to smoke to not get fat.
(c) She has several car accidents.
(d) She slowly slips back into her old eating habits.
2. To Marya, there is no ___________ , only success or failure.
(b) Even ground.
(c) Middle ground.
3. By Christmas, what does she weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 80 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
4. By saying this, what becomes all right?
(a) Marya's feelings.
(b) Marya's pride in the weight loss.
(c) Marya's quest for love.
(d) Marya's longing.
5. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
(a) He sees Marya's problem as short term.
(b) He does not care about patients with eating disorders.
(c) The lack of understanding about eating disorders in the medical field.
(d) He is not a good doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this section called aftermath?
2. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
3. Because she is alive, Marya feels like she needs to_________.
4. Now, why does Marya think her problems started again?
5. When Marya is six, what does she do with her life plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Marya's brother finally realize how thin Marya is?
2. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
3. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
4. How does this person not oblige Marya's whims?
5. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
6. When Marya feels like she is having a nervous breakdown, what is really happening?
7. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
8. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
9. Why does Marya decide to visit Kathi?
10. What does Marya almost refuse to take?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)