|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya say that she hates?
(b) Eating correctly.
(c) She hates to eat.
(d) She hates her husband for judging her.
2. When she is given anesthesia for the dental extraction, what happens?
(a) She has dreams about her past.
(b) She stops breathing.
(c) Her heart murmurs.
(d) Her heart stops.
3. What does Marya like about her body?
(a) She can feel the bones showing again.
(b) She can use it to make her husband do whatever she wants.
(c) It feels stong.
(d) She can completely control it.
4. Whom does Marya meet at school?
(a) More boys to sleep with.
(b) Other girls with disorders.
(c) Some new friends.
(d) The boy she will later marry.
5. In the Afterword, what is wrong with Marya's body?
(a) She has lost some limbs.
(b) Her teeth are broken.
(c) Her immune and reproductive systems have shut down.
(d) Her hair is falling out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main part of this Interlude?
2. How is Marya handling a job and school?
3. By saying this, what becomes all right?
4. The antibiotic that the doctor gives Marya _______________.
5. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the antibiotic do to Marya's system?
2. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
3. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
4. After arriving at Lowe House, what is Marya warned about by another patient?
5. When does Marya's brother finally realize how thin Marya is?
6. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
7. How does this person not oblige Marya's whims?
8. In Interlude-November 5, 1996, what does Marya describe?
9. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
10. While at school, what does Marya begin to do to herself?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)