|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The antibiotic that the doctor gives Marya _______________.
(a) Makes her want to eat more.
(b) Makes her not eat.
(c) Makes her head hurt.
(d) Makes her throw up.
2. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
(a) The cops.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her step-brothers.
(d) Her parents.
3. In the Afterword, what is wrong with Marya's body?
(a) She has lost some limbs.
(b) Her teeth are broken.
(c) Her immune and reproductive systems have shut down.
(d) Her hair is falling out.
4. What is the tone of this Interlude?
5. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
(a) He does not care about patients with eating disorders.
(b) He sees Marya's problem as short term.
(c) The lack of understanding about eating disorders in the medical field.
(d) He is not a good doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
2. To Marya, there is no ___________ , only success or failure.
3. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
4. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
5. Whom does Marya live with while in California?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
2. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
3. How does this person not oblige Marya's whims?
4. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
5. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
6. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
7. After arriving at Lowe House, what is Marya warned about by another patient?
8. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
9. While going to American University, what happens to Marya's body and mind?
10. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)