|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does aftermath mean?
(a) Happy events.
(b) Changing events.
(c) After the fact.
(d) Consequences after an event.
2. While she was writing the book, what else changed in her body?
(a) Her finger nails grew.
(b) Her body healed.
(c) Her hair grew back.
(d) She grew three inches taller.
3. What does this person think about Marya's actions towards food?
(b) Easy to change.
(d) Should stop right away.
4. The first time her parents leave Marya alone, what happens?
(a) She begins cutting herself.
(b) She binges and eats all the food in the house.
(c) She locks herself in her room.
(d) She behaves herself.
5. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
(a) She is able to control herself and her weight.
(b) She can feel her anorexic body returning.
(c) It means she is dying, which she wants.
(d) She is on her way to recovery.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Marya, there is no ___________ , only success or failure.
2. What does Marya say that she hates?
3. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
4. Whose instructions are not being followed?
5. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
2. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
3. What gives Marya the ability to carry on with her life and fight everyday?
4. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
5. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
6. In Interlude-November 5, 1996, what does Marya describe?
7. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
8. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
9. When does Marya's brother finally realize how thin Marya is?
10. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)