|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this person think about Marya's actions towards food?
(b) Should stop right away.
(c) Easy to change.
2. After she cuts all of her hair off, what does Marya realize?
(a) She can never change her mental state.
(b) She hates herself.
(c) She is in control of her body.
(d) She has lost all control over her impulses.
3. What does Marya realize that her eating disorders have done to her body?
(a) Made her more attractive.
(b) Made her look the best she has ever looked.
(c) Caused her to become stronger.
(d) Made her unattractive.
4. To hide her purging, what does Marya do?
(a) She throws up in trash bags.
(b) She throws up in her suitcase.
(c) She refuses to throw up.
(d) She lies to everyone.
5. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
(a) She likes the friends she has made.
(b) It provides her with a sense of security.
(c) She is afraid that she will be scorned elsewhere.
(d) She likes her bedroom there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Marya eating?
2. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
3. Because of the seriousness of her condition, what must Marya endure?
4. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
5. What happens to her body during this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
2. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
3. How does this person not oblige Marya's whims?
4. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
5. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
6. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
7. What gives Marya the ability to carry on with her life and fight everyday?
8. When Marya feels like she is having a nervous breakdown, what is really happening?
9. What will Marya always worry about?
10. What does Marya almost refuse to take?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)