|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
(a) She realizes that her problems are still not solved.
(b) She is afraid of her parents finding out.
(c) She realizes what she has done.
(d) She thinks she looks fat.
2. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
(a) Something she will always fight.
(b) Something she cannot overcome.
(c) An excuse to not live life.
(d) Something she must fix by herself.
3. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
(a) To monitor the patient's every move.
(b) To treat the patients poorly.
(c) To trust the patient's judgment.
(d) To care about the patients as victims and people.
4. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) Marya is having tremors.
(b) How skinny Marya has gotten.
(c) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(d) Marya is numb to feelings.
5. Where does Marya decide to go to school?
(a) American University in Washington D.C.
(b) Rice University.
(c) Washington University in St. Louis.
(d) New York University.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Afterword, Marya is having difficulty with ___________.
2. Now, why does Marya think her problems started again?
3. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
4. By Christmas, what does she weigh?
5. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
2. Why does Marya decide to visit Kathi?
3. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
4. While at school, what does Marya begin to do to herself?
5. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
6. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
7. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
8. While going to American University, what happens to Marya's body and mind?
9. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
10. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)