|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya realize that her eating disorders have done to her body?
(a) Made her look the best she has ever looked.
(b) Made her more attractive.
(c) Caused her to become stronger.
(d) Made her unattractive.
2. To feel better, what does Marya decide to do?
(a) Binge and purge.
(b) Eat less.
(c) Go completely anorexic.
(d) Kill herself.
3. What does she deal with on a daily basis?
(a) Her parents' regrets.
(b) The loose ends of her eating disorder.
(c) The consequences of her suicide.
(d) Her mistakes.
4. While she was writing the book, what else changed in her body?
(a) Her finger nails grew.
(b) Her hair grew back.
(c) She grew three inches taller.
(d) Her body healed.
5. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her minimalist eating.
(b) Her manic thoughts.
(c) Her crazed feelings.
(d) Her throwing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Afterword, what is wrong with Marya's body?
2. What is the tone of this Interlude?
3. How is Marya handling a job and school?
4. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
5. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will Marya always worry about?
2. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
3. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
4. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
5. What are Marya's main reasons for not committing suicide or giving up on living?
6. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
7. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
8. After arriving at Lowe House, what is Marya warned about by another patient?
9. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
10. In Interlude-November 5, 1996, what does Marya describe?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)