|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mayra feel while at this place?
(a) She likes the people she is meeting.
(b) Confused about her disorders.
(c) She wants to live.
(d) She wants to die.
2. Why does Marya stop eating in the cafeteria?
(a) She hates the way people stare.
(b) People start asking her if she is anorexic.
(c) She has no friends there.
(d) She does not like the way the food tastes.
3. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
(a) She is caught in a lie.
(b) The pipes burst from all of her purging.
(c) She is too thin.
(d) They hear her throwing up in the bathroom.
4. What does Marya say that she hates?
(b) Eating correctly.
(c) She hates to eat.
(d) She hates her husband for judging her.
5. What causes Marya to crash her father's car on the way home?
(a) A drunk driver crashed into her.
(b) She was angry with him.
(c) She was drunk.
(d) She had not eaten in days and passed out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Marya handling a job and school?
2. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
3. What happens the second weekend that Marya is left alone?
4. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
5. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. In Interlude-Present Day, what does Marya discuss?
2. What are Marya's main reasons for not committing suicide or giving up on living?
3. How does 1991 get off to a good start for Marya?
4. When Marya feels like she is having a nervous breakdown, what is really happening?
5. How does Marya begin leading a double life in this section of the novel?
6. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
7. While at school, what does Marya begin to do to herself?
8. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
9. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
10. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)