|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(b) Marya is having tremors.
(c) Marya is numb to feelings.
(d) How skinny Marya has gotten.
2. What are some of Marya's rituals?
(a) Washing her hands constantly and straightening her space.
(b) Waiting until her parents have left to eat.
(c) Only eating when she has performed certain tasks.
(d) Working too much and forgetting to eat.
3. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
(a) In college.
(b) At Methodist Hospital.
(c) At home with her parents.
(d) At Lowe House.
4. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
(a) Eating altogether.
(b) Making new friends.
(d) Going to therapy.
5. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya want from her family?
2. In the Afterword, what is wrong with Marya's body?
3. In the Afterword, Marya is having difficulty with ___________.
4. Whose instructions are not being followed?
5. What does her husband do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
2. In Interlude-Present Day, what does Marya discuss?
3. How does 1991 get off to a good start for Marya?
4. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
5. What are Marya's main reasons for not committing suicide or giving up on living?
6. When Marya feels like she is having a nervous breakdown, what is really happening?
7. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
8. What does the antibiotic do to Marya's system?
9. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
10. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)