|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
(a) They will force her to eat.
(b) The other girls will be mad at her.
(c) She will get very tired.
(d) She will starve.
2. When Marya has a breakdown, what does this mean?
(a) She will not survive long.
(b) Her body has overloaded.
(c) Her body is breaking down her brain matter for energy.
(d) Her mind is overloaded.
3. What does she worry about?
(a) Scaring her husband.
(b) Getting too thin.
(c) Hurting her family.
(d) Her body getting fatter.
4. Now, why does Marya think her problems started again?
(a) She was too tired to fight.
(b) Eating causes her to feel sad and guilty.
(c) Being in her parents' house causes her to regress.
(d) She wanted them to happen again.
5. Whose instructions are not being followed?
(a) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist.
(b) Her doctor's orders.
(c) Her mother's suggestions.
(d) Marya's own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
2. Whom does Marya meet at school?
3. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
4. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
5. Because she is alive, Marya feels like she needs to_________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When Marya feels like she is having a nervous breakdown, what is really happening?
2. What does Marya almost refuse to take?
3. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
4. How does Marya begin leading a double life in this section of the novel?
5. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
6. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
7. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
8. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
9. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
10. While going to American University, what happens to Marya's body and mind?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)