|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mayra feel while at this place?
(a) She wants to die.
(b) She wants to live.
(c) Confused about her disorders.
(d) She likes the people she is meeting.
2. Because she is alive, Marya feels like she needs to_________.
(a) Do something with her life.
(b) Become a functioning part of society.
(c) Make herself pretty and smart.
(d) Become important.
3. Why is this section called aftermath?
(a) Marya is always trying to deal with the consequences of her actions.
(b) Marya hates the consequences of her sickness.
(c) Marya misses her life before her eating disorder.
(d) Marya wishes she could take back her actions.
4. What does Marya say that she hates?
(a) She hates her husband for judging her.
(b) She hates to eat.
(c) Eating correctly.
5. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
(a) Something she must fix by herself.
(b) Something she will always fight.
(c) Something she cannot overcome.
(d) An excuse to not live life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya realize will happen after she leaves the treatment center?
2. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
3. What does her husband do?
4. What does this person think about Marya's actions towards food?
5. How is Marya handling a job and school?
Short Essay Questions
1. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
2. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
3. How does Marya begin leading a double life in this section of the novel?
4. What does Marya almost refuse to take?
5. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
6. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
7. In Interlude-Present Day, what does Marya discuss?
8. When does Marya's brother finally realize how thin Marya is?
9. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
10. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)