|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya think of her life in D.C.?
(a) It is very productive.
(b) She meets very cool people.
(c) It is the ideal life.
(d) She describes it as suicidal.
2. What is the main part of this Interlude?
(a) Marya's memories of her childhood.
(b) Marya's memories of meeting her husband.
(c) Marya's memories of trying to fit in with other people.
(d) Marya's memories of recovering from an eating disorder.
3. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
(a) At Methodist Hospital.
(b) At home with her parents.
(c) In college.
(d) At Lowe House.
4. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
(a) She likes her bedroom there.
(b) She is afraid that she will be scorned elsewhere.
(c) It provides her with a sense of security.
(d) She likes the friends she has made.
5. What does her husband do?
(a) He refuses to mention the weight loss.
(b) Cares for her.
(c) Makes her believe in his love for her.
(d) Creates a safe place for Mayra to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
2. While she was writing the book, what else changed in her body?
3. What lie does Mayra create to leave?
4. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
5. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
2. What gives Marya the ability to carry on with her life and fight everyday?
3. How does 1991 get off to a good start for Marya?
4. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
5. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
6. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
7. Why does Marya decide to visit Kathi?
8. What does Marya almost refuse to take?
9. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
10. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)