|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
(a) Her step-brothers.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) The cops.
(d) Her parents.
2. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) Marya is having tremors.
(b) How skinny Marya has gotten.
(c) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(d) Marya is numb to feelings.
3. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
(a) She thinks her grandmother is right.
(b) She is warning girls to stay away from eating disorders when she is has one.
(c) She is trying to stay positive when she only has negative thoughts.
(d) She thinks her cousins are fat.
4. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
(a) She slowly slips back into her old eating habits.
(b) She has several car accidents.
(c) She begins to smoke to not get fat.
(d) She goes to her grandmother for advice.
5. What are some of Marya's rituals?
(a) Only eating when she has performed certain tasks.
(b) Working too much and forgetting to eat.
(c) Washing her hands constantly and straightening her space.
(d) Waiting until her parents have left to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya want from her family?
2. In the Afterword, Marya is having difficulty with ___________.
3. What lie does Mayra create to leave?
4. Why does Marya stop eating in the cafeteria?
5. What happens to her body during this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does 1991 get off to a good start for Marya?
2. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
3. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
4. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
5. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
6. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
7. After arriving at Lowe House, what is Marya warned about by another patient?
8. What will Marya always worry about?
9. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
10. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)