|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Afterword, what is wrong with Marya's body?
(a) She has lost some limbs.
(b) Her hair is falling out.
(c) Her teeth are broken.
(d) Her immune and reproductive systems have shut down.
2. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
(c) Ability to write.
(d) Ability to walk.
3. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
4. In the Afterword, Marya is having difficulty with ___________.
(a) Feeling sorry for herself.
(b) Hurting those she loves.
(c) Writing her story.
(d) Talking to others about her pain.
5. At the end of the chapter, what is Marya allowed to do?
(a) Take classes at the University of Minnesota.
(b) Read her books and live in her own world.
(c) Go to stay with relatives.
(d) Take dance classes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this section called aftermath?
2. What does Marya realize will happen after she leaves the treatment center?
3. Currently, what gives her a reason to not give up?
4. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
5. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
2. In Interlude-Present Day, what does Marya discuss?
3. What are Marya's main reasons for not committing suicide or giving up on living?
4. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
5. In Interlude-November 5, 1996, what does Marya describe?
6. How does this person not oblige Marya's whims?
7. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
8. What does the antibiotic do to Marya's system?
9. How does 1991 get off to a good start for Marya?
10. What body systems do not work right as a result of Marya's disorders?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)