|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 45 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 67 pounds.
(d) 72 pounds.
2. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
(b) Making new friends.
(c) Going to therapy.
(d) Eating altogether.
3. What causes Marya to crash her father's car on the way home?
(a) A drunk driver crashed into her.
(b) She was drunk.
(c) She was angry with him.
(d) She had not eaten in days and passed out.
4. What does aftermath mean?
(a) Consequences after an event.
(b) Happy events.
(c) After the fact.
(d) Changing events.
5. What does this person think about Marya's actions towards food?
(b) Should stop right away.
(d) Easy to change.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya like about her body?
2. What does Marya realize will happen after she leaves the treatment center?
3. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
4. Currently, what gives her a reason to not give up?
5. What is the main part of this Interlude?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
2. What marks the point where Marya's life starts to fall apart again?
3. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
4. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
5. After arriving at Lowe House, what is Marya warned about by another patient?
6. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
7. When does Marya's brother finally realize how thin Marya is?
8. What does Marya almost refuse to take?
9. How does 1991 get off to a good start for Marya?
10. While going to American University, what happens to Marya's body and mind?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)