|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 45 pounds.
(b) 72 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 67 pounds.
2. What keeps Marya eating?
(a) The doctors from the hospital.
(b) Her dark passenger.
(c) Her husband's will.
(d) She realizes what it is like to be a healthy human being.
3. What does Marya like about her body?
(a) She can use it to make her husband do whatever she wants.
(b) She can feel the bones showing again.
(c) She can completely control it.
(d) It feels stong.
4. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
(a) She hopes to go home.
(b) She is getting worse.
(c) She wants to go back to the center.
(d) She is getting better.
5. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
(a) Going to an abortion clinic.
(b) Taking a prescription drug.
(c) Throwing herself down the stairs.
(d) Refusing to eat for days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
2. What lie does Mayra create to leave?
3. What does her husband do?
4. How is Marya handling a job and school?
5. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
2. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
3. When does Marya's brother finally realize how thin Marya is?
4. Why does Marya decide to visit Kathi?
5. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
6. While at school, what does Marya begin to do to herself?
7. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
8. While going to American University, what happens to Marya's body and mind?
9. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
10. After arriving at Lowe House, what is Marya warned about by another patient?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)