|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
(a) She is afraid of her parents finding out.
(b) She realizes that her problems are still not solved.
(c) She thinks she looks fat.
(d) She realizes what she has done.
2. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her manic thoughts.
(b) Her throwing up.
(c) Her crazed feelings.
(d) Her minimalist eating.
3. What does Marya think of her life in D.C.?
(a) She meets very cool people.
(b) She describes it as suicidal.
(c) It is the ideal life.
(d) It is very productive.
4. What is the tone of this Interlude?
5. Why is this section called aftermath?
(a) Marya wishes she could take back her actions.
(b) Marya hates the consequences of her sickness.
(c) Marya misses her life before her eating disorder.
(d) Marya is always trying to deal with the consequences of her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
2. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
3. By saying this, what becomes all right?
4. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
5. What does she deal with on a daily basis?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Marya feels like she is having a nervous breakdown, what is really happening?
2. What gives Marya the ability to carry on with her life and fight everyday?
3. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
4. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
5. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
6. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
7. While at school, what does Marya begin to do to herself?
8. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
9. In Interlude-November 5, 1996, what does Marya describe?
10. Whom does she now harass to talk to about her weight?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)