|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
(a) How she will react to her past.
(b) Her mistakes.
(c) Her soul.
(d) What she did to her body in the past.
2. While in this location, who watches Marya?
(a) A private nurse.
(b) A group of doctors and nurses.
(c) The staff.
(d) No one.
3. What does Mayra still struggle with?
(a) Her insomnia.
(b) Her feelings.
(c) Her eating disorders.
(d) Her parents.
4. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To manipulate each other.
(b) To get money from their parents.
(c) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(d) To get money from the government.
5. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
(a) Without their bodies.
(b) In their bodies.
(c) Without the consent of others.
(d) With full control.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
2. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
3. Marya believes that eating disorders are ____________.
4. What happens when Jane and Marya meet?
5. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
2. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
3. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
4. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
5. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
6. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
7. When was the interlude to the book written?
8. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
9. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
10. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)