|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) A couple of days.
2. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
(a) An arts camp.
(b) An early program for a university.
(d) The Arts Academy of Michigan.
3. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
(a) A mistake for her to continue.
(b) Too difficult to live.
(c) Too long to live.
(d) She wants someone to care for her in life.
4. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Headaches and backaches.
(b) Intense sweating.
(c) Her social life.
(d) Her anxiety.
5. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is a costume.
(b) It is wonderful.
(c) It will change when she is older.
(d) It is awful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
2. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
3. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
4. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
5. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marya writing this novel?
2. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
3. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
4. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
5. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
6. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
7. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
8. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
9. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
10. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)