|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
(a) Ability to become an amazing writer.
(b) Desires to become a great actress.
(c) Wish to control her eating.
(d) Lack of confidence.
2. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They are the cool thing to have at school.
(b) She wants to do what her friends do.
(c) They give her control over her body.
(d) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
3. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
(a) 80 pounds.
(b) 40 pounds.
(c) 52 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
4. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
(a) Minneapolis, Minnesota.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
5. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
(a) Help from friends and family.
(d) Pills and positive communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
2. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
3. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
4. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
5. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action gets the story moving quickly?
2. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
3. What also leads Mayra do develop a strange relationship to food?
4. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
5. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
6. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
7. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
8. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
9. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
10. Why is Marya writing this novel?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)