|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) A good friend.
(c) Her therapist.
(d) A school counselor.
2. What does Marya reveal to her psychiatrist?
(a) She hates her body.
(b) She is bulimic.
(c) She has a lot of unprotected sex.
(d) She is crazy.
3. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
(a) They throw up more.
(b) They are constipated.
(c) Their bodies do not know how to process food.
(d) They refuse to eat.
4. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
(a) An early program for a university.
(b) An arts camp.
(c) The Arts Academy of Michigan.
5. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
(a) Wish to control her eating.
(b) Ability to become an amazing writer.
(c) Lack of confidence.
(d) Desires to become a great actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. To keep up appearances of normalcy, what do Marya's parents do?
2. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
3. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
4. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
5. Where else does Marya go to for her disorders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
2. Why is Marya writing this novel?
3. When was the interlude to the book written?
4. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
5. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
6. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
7. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
8. What action gets the story moving quickly?
9. What observations does Marya have concerning wealth and money?
10. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)