|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
(a) Dr. J.
(b) Dr. James.
(c) Dr. Travis.
(d) Dr. T.
2. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) She becomes very sick.
(b) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(c) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(d) Her body aborts her baby.
3. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
(a) She would cough up blood.
(b) She would bite her fingernails.
(c) She would often fall.
(d) She would hit others.
4. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) Her life will end.
(b) She will kill herself.
(c) She will never recover.
(d) She will be checked in again.
5. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
(a) She will die.
(b) She will have a seisure.
(c) She will pass out.
(d) She will vomit.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
2. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
3. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
4. What happens at therapy with her parents?
5. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
2. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
3. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
4. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
5. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
6. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
7. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
8. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
9. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
10. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)