|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Try to do better in schoolk.
(b) Sleep with skanky boys.
(c) Act like a snob.
(d) Talk back to teachers.
2. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(b) New York.
3. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
(a) March, 1998.
(b) October, 1996.
(c) January, 2002.
(d) September, 1996.
4. Marya believes that eating disorders are ____________.
(a) A way to be perfect.
5. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
(a) Sex and drug abuse.
(c) New beginnings.
(d) Eating disorders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where else does Marya go to for her disorders?
2. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
3. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
4. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
5. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
Short Essay Questions
1. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
2. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
3. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
4. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
5. When was the interlude to the book written?
6. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
7. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
8. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
9. What action gets the story moving quickly?
10. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)