|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
2. Marya's mother thinks __________ is responsible for Marya's eating disorder.
(b) Her father.
(c) Marya's grandmother.
3. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) She wishes she could help Marya.
(b) Having Marya was a mistake.
(c) She also used to throw up after eating.
(d) She hates her daughter.
4. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(c) New York.
5. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
(a) Pills and positive communication.
(c) Help from friends and family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
2. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
3. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
4. What does the introduction to the story show?
5. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
2. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
3. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
4. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
5. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
6. What action gets the story moving quickly?
7. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
8. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
9. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
10. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)