|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
2. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Her anxiety.
(b) Intense sweating.
(c) Headaches and backaches.
(d) Her social life.
3. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) Her body aborts her baby.
(b) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(c) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(d) She becomes very sick.
4. While in this location, who watches Marya?
(a) A group of doctors and nurses.
(b) No one.
(c) A private nurse.
(d) The staff.
5. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Is pleasurable for her.
(b) Allows her to control men.
(c) Makes her feel trapped.
(d) Helps her feel a connection to men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is her current weight?
2. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
3. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
4. How do Marya's parents see her?
5. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
2. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
3. Why is Marya writing this novel?
4. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
5. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
6. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
7. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
8. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
9. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
10. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)