|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Jane and Marya meet?
(a) Marya becomes happier.
(b) Marya believes Jane is having a heart attack.
(c) Marya becomes scared.
(d) Marya thinks that Jane is having a stroke.
2. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) She will never recover.
(b) She will be checked in again.
(c) Her life will end.
(d) She will kill herself.
3. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She became isolated from others.
(b) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
(c) She became depressed.
(d) She showed no sorrow.
4. What does Marya reveal to her psychiatrist?
(a) She is bulimic.
(b) She hates her body.
(c) She is crazy.
(d) She has a lot of unprotected sex.
5. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
(a) New beginnings.
(c) Sex and drug abuse.
(d) Eating disorders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
2. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
3. What tone is the Interlude written in?
4. What is her current weight?
5. What does Mayra still struggle with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
2. Why is Marya writing this novel?
3. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
4. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
5. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
6. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
7. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
8. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
9. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
10. How does the novel begin?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)