|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mayra still struggle with?
(a) Her feelings.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her eating disorders.
(d) Her insomnia.
2. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
(a) Bulimia allows a person to give in to a body's desires for a short time.
(b) Bulimia can be sustained for longer.
(c) Anorexia makes other people nervous.
(d) Bulimia is easier to hide.
3. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
(a) March, 1998.
(b) September, 1996.
(c) January, 2002.
(d) October, 1996.
4. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
(a) She wants someone to care for her in life.
(b) Too long to live.
(c) A mistake for her to continue.
(d) Too difficult to live.
5. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
(a) How she will react to her past.
(b) What she did to her body in the past.
(c) Her mistakes.
(d) Her soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
2. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
3. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
4. What happens when Jane and Marya meet?
5. While in this location, who watches Marya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
2. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
3. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
4. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
5. When was the interlude to the book written?
6. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
7. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
8. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
9. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
10. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)