|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
(b) She became depressed.
(c) She showed no sorrow.
(d) She became isolated from others.
2. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
(a) September, 1996.
(b) October, 1996.
(c) January, 2002.
(d) March, 1998.
3. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
(a) The theatre.
(d) Public Relations.
4. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Intense sweating.
(b) Headaches and backaches.
(c) Her social life.
(d) Her anxiety.
5. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
(a) Help from friends and family.
(c) Pills and positive communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
2. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
3. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
4. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
5. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
2. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
3. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
4. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
5. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
6. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
7. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
8. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
9. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
10. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)