|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
(a) Send her to live with cousins.
(b) Put her in an eating disorder treatment center.
(c) Put her in a foster care home.
(d) Send her to her grandmother.
2. What does Marya begin to crave?
3. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
(a) Her reading skills.
(b) Her makeup skills.
(c) Her writing ability.
(d) Her acting skills.
4. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
(b) Help from friends and family.
(c) Pills and positive communication.
5. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her father's berating her.
(b) Her mother's odd eating habits.
(c) Her experiences with boys.
(d) Her friends' teasing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does food do for many people?
2. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
3. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
4. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
5. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
2. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
3. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
4. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
5. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
6. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
7. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
8. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
9. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
10. When was the interlude to the book written?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)