|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
(a) October, 1996.
(b) January, 2002.
(c) March, 1998.
(d) September, 1996.
2. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) She will never recover.
(b) She will kill herself.
(c) Her life will end.
(d) She will be checked in again.
3. What does food do for many people?
(a) Nurtures them.
(b) Makes them feel very calm.
(c) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(d) Makes them fat.
4. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
(a) In their bodies.
(b) Without their bodies.
(c) Without the consent of others.
(d) With full control.
5. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Poor people are born fat.
(b) Poor people have poor diets.
(c) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
(d) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is her current weight?
2. While in this location, who watches Marya?
3. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
4. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
5. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
2. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
3. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
4. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
5. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
6. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
7. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
8. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
9. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
10. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)