|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
(a) Put her in an eating disorder treatment center.
(b) Send her to live with cousins.
(c) Send her to her grandmother.
(d) Put her in a foster care home.
2. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
(a) He fails to realize the threat Jane is under.
(b) He is acting nonchalant.
(c) He reprimands Jane for her behavior.
(d) He is not listening to Jane.
3. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
4. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Try to do better in schoolk.
(b) Act like a snob.
(c) Talk back to teachers.
(d) Sleep with skanky boys.
5. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She showed no sorrow.
(b) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
(c) She became depressed.
(d) She became isolated from others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tone is the Interlude written in?
2. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
3. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
4. What does the introduction to the story show?
5. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
2. When was the interlude to the book written?
3. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
4. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
5. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
6. What action gets the story moving quickly?
7. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
8. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
9. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
10. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)