|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marya's mother thinks __________ is responsible for Marya's eating disorder.
(a) Marya's grandmother.
(c) Her father.
2. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
(a) Too difficult to live.
(b) Too long to live.
(c) A mistake for her to continue.
(d) She wants someone to care for her in life.
3. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Her social life.
(b) Her anxiety.
(c) Headaches and backaches.
(d) Intense sweating.
4. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
(a) Her acting skills.
(b) Her reading skills.
(c) Her writing ability.
(d) Her makeup skills.
5. How do Marya's parents see her?
(a) As a misfit.
(b) A troubled girl.
(c) As a little girl, not a woman.
(d) As a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
2. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
3. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
4. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
5. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
2. When was the interlude to the book written?
3. How does this person not oblige Marya's whims?
4. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
5. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
6. What makes Marya proud?
7. What observations does Marya have concerning wealth and money?
8. Why is Marya writing this novel?
9. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
10. What continues to happen with Marya that is similar to the time when she was in the midst of her eating disorder?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)