|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
(c) She became isolated from others.
(d) She showed no sorrow.
2. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) Having Marya was a mistake.
(b) She hates her daughter.
(c) She wishes she could help Marya.
(d) She also used to throw up after eating.
3. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
(b) The theatre.
(d) Public Relations.
4. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
(a) Put her in an eating disorder treatment center.
(b) Send her to her grandmother.
(c) Send her to live with cousins.
(d) Put her in a foster care home.
5. What does Marya begin to crave?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
2. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
3. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
4. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
5. What happens at therapy with her parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
2. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
3. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
4. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
5. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
6. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
7. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
8. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
9. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
10. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)