Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
2. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A couple of days.
3. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She takes her mother's medication.
(b) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(c) She gets massages.
(d) Spends time with her grandmother.
4. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
(a) The ritual of the bulimia.
(b) The way it connects her to her body.
(c) The feelings of passion that it arises.
(d) The ability to rid her body of food.
5. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
(a) She will pass out.
(b) She will die.
(c) She will have a seisure.
(d) She will vomit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
2. What does food do for many people?
3. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
4. What does Marya show the doctor?
5. What does Marya realize about her lies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
2. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
3. What does Marya realize about her desire to lose weight?
4. Slowly, what does Marya begin to think about her skinny looks?
5. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
6. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
7. How does 1991 get off to a good start for Marya?
8. How does Marya begin leading a double life in this section of the novel?
9. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
10. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)