|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marya's mother thinks __________ is responsible for Marya's eating disorder.
(a) Her father.
(c) Marya's grandmother.
2. What happens at therapy with her parents?
(a) Marya places the blame on her mother.
(b) Her parents fight and blame Marya.
(c) Marya realizes her parents are not to blame.
(d) The parents begin to understand Marya's real problem.
3. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
(a) In their bodies.
(b) Without their bodies.
(c) With full control.
(d) Without the consent of others.
4. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) Her body aborts her baby.
(b) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(c) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(d) She becomes very sick.
5. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
(b) She wants to do what her friends do.
(c) They give her control over her body.
(d) They are the cool thing to have at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
2. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
3. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
4. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
5. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
2. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
3. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
4. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
5. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
6. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
7. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
8. What action gets the story moving quickly?
9. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
10. Why is Marya writing this novel?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)