|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
(a) A seizure.
(b) A diabetic reaction.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A stroke.
2. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They give her control over her body.
(b) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
(c) She wants to do what her friends do.
(d) They are the cool thing to have at school.
3. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
(a) She would hit others.
(b) She would bite her fingernails.
(c) She would often fall.
(d) She would cough up blood.
4. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) She will be checked in again.
(b) Her life will end.
(c) She will never recover.
(d) She will kill herself.
5. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) She becomes very sick.
(b) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(c) Her body aborts her baby.
(d) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
2. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
3. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
4. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
5. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
2. What action gets the story moving quickly?
3. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
4. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
5. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
6. What observations does Marya have concerning wealth and money?
7. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
8. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
9. When was the interlude to the book written?
10. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)