|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
(a) Will keep others from having her same experiences.
(b) To make herself feel better about her problem.
(c) To create press for herself and the disease she faces.
(d) To make new friends.
2. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
(a) What she did to her body in the past.
(b) How she will react to her past.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her mistakes.
3. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
(b) Birth Control.
(c) The birth control pill.
(d) That she could get pregnant from sex.
4. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
5. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
(a) Talks to her dolls.
(b) Plays video games.
(d) Calls her BFF.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
2. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
3. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
4. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
5. What does Marya realize about her lies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the novel begin?
2. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
3. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
4. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
5. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
6. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
7. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
8. Why is Marya writing this novel?
9. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
10. What action gets the story moving quickly?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)