|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her mother's odd eating habits.
(b) Her experiences with boys.
(c) Her father's berating her.
(d) Her friends' teasing.
2. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
(a) The Arts Academy of Michigan.
(b) An early program for a university.
(c) An arts camp.
3. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
(a) A kind soul.
(b) Dokter Freud.
(c) Her BFF.
(d) A good mentor.
4. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Talk back to teachers.
(b) Act like a snob.
(c) Sleep with skanky boys.
(d) Try to do better in schoolk.
5. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She takes her mother's medication.
(b) Spends time with her grandmother.
(c) She gets massages.
(d) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
2. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
3. What happens at therapy with her parents?
4. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
5. What does Marya realize about her lies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
2. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
3. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
4. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
5. Why is Marya writing this novel?
6. What action gets the story moving quickly?
7. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
8. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
9. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
10. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)