|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
(a) The way it connects her to her body.
(b) The feelings of passion that it arises.
(c) The ritual of the bulimia.
(d) The ability to rid her body of food.
2. To keep up appearances of normalcy, what do Marya's parents do?
(a) Let Marya run the show.
(b) Send Marya to boarding school.
(c) Stretch the boundaries of their idea of normal.
(d) Control Marya with all their rules.
3. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
4. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
(a) She would cough up blood.
(b) She would often fall.
(c) She would bite her fingernails.
(d) She would hit others.
5. What does Marya realize about her lies?
(a) How well she lied.
(b) Lies became a lifestyle.
(c) Lying created many of her problems.
(d) How obvious her lies were to her friends and family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
2. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
3. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
4. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
5. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions affect Marya while growing up?
2. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
3. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
4. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
5. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
6. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
7. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
8. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
9. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
10. What action gets the story moving quickly?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)