|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With love.
(b) With verbal praise.
(c) With food.
(d) With presents.
2. What does Marya realize about her lies?
(a) How obvious her lies were to her friends and family.
(b) How well she lied.
(c) Lies became a lifestyle.
(d) Lying created many of her problems.
3. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) She will be checked in again.
(b) She will never recover.
(c) She will kill herself.
(d) Her life will end.
4. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She takes her mother's medication.
(b) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(c) She gets massages.
(d) Spends time with her grandmother.
5. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
(a) He is acting nonchalant.
(b) He is not listening to Jane.
(c) He fails to realize the threat Jane is under.
(d) He reprimands Jane for her behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
2. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
3. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
4. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
5. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
Short Essay Questions
1. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
2. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
3. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
4. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
5. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
6. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
7. Why is Marya writing this novel?
8. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
9. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
10. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)