|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mayra still struggle with?
(a) Her feelings.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her insomnia.
(d) Her eating disorders.
2. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
(a) To make new friends.
(b) Will keep others from having her same experiences.
(c) To create press for herself and the disease she faces.
(d) To make herself feel better about her problem.
3. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
4. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
(a) 40 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 80 pounds.
(d) 52 pounds.
5. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(b) Only fruit and vegetables.
(c) Vegetables only.
(d) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
2. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
3. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
4. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
5. What does Marya begin to crave?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
2. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
3. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
4. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
5. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
6. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
7. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
8. Why is Marya writing this novel?
9. What continues to happen with Marya that is similar to the time when she was in the midst of her eating disorder?
10. How does the novel begin?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)