|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at therapy with her parents?
(a) Her parents fight and blame Marya.
(b) Marya realizes her parents are not to blame.
(c) The parents begin to understand Marya's real problem.
(d) Marya places the blame on her mother.
2. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
(b) The birth control pill.
(c) Birth Control.
(d) That she could get pregnant from sex.
3. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(c) No control.
(d) The end of her life.
4. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Hate themselves.
(b) Create unrealistic expectations.
(c) Lose weight to be successful.
(d) Deny weight problems.
5. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
(a) October, 1996.
(b) January, 2002.
(c) September, 1996.
(d) March, 1998.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
2. Instead of going to school, how does Marya spend her time?
3. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
4. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
5. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marya decide to visit Kathi?
2. In Interlude-Present Day, what does Marya discuss?
3. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
4. While going to American University, what happens to Marya's body and mind?
5. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
6. When does Marya's brother finally realize how thin Marya is?
7. How does Marya's experience at Lowe House differ from Methodist Hospital?
8. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
9. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
10. How does this person not oblige Marya's whims?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)