|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
(a) Pills and positive communication.
(b) Help from friends and family.
2. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(c) New York.
3. What does food do for many people?
(a) Makes them feel very calm.
(b) Nurtures them.
(c) Makes them fat.
(d) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
4. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
(a) That she could get pregnant from sex.
(b) The birth control pill.
(c) Birth Control.
5. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Sleep with skanky boys.
(b) Talk back to teachers.
(c) Try to do better in schoolk.
(d) Act like a snob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
2. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
3. How do Marya's parents see her?
4. To keep up appearances of normalcy, what do Marya's parents do?
5. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What action gets the story moving quickly?
2. What observations does Marya have concerning wealth and money?
3. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
4. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
5. How does the novel begin?
6. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
7. What also leads Mayra do develop a strange relationship to food?
8. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
9. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
10. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)