|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
(a) Her makeup skills.
(b) Her writing ability.
(c) Her reading skills.
(d) Her acting skills.
2. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
(a) They refuse to eat.
(b) They throw up more.
(c) They are constipated.
(d) Their bodies do not know how to process food.
3. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
(a) Desires to become a great actress.
(b) Wish to control her eating.
(c) Lack of confidence.
(d) Ability to become an amazing writer.
4. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) A school counselor.
(b) A good friend.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her therapist.
5. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
(a) Her new friends.
(b) The routine that she is given.
(c) The food she gets to eat.
(d) Her new clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
2. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
3. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
4. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
5. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How else does the treatment center cause Marya anxiety?
2. What is a big reason that Marya likes to have an eating disorder?
3. What does Marya realize about the girl's folder?
4. As Marya turns eight, what happens to her body?
5. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
6. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
7. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
8. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
9. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
10. What does Marya explain about anorexics and how their minds work?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)