|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
(a) Her BFF.
(b) A kind soul.
(c) A good mentor.
(d) Dokter Freud.
2. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(b) To get money from their parents.
(c) To get money from the government.
(d) To manipulate each other.
3. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) Spends time with her grandmother.
(b) She gets massages.
(c) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(d) She takes her mother's medication.
4. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Act like a snob.
(b) Talk back to teachers.
(c) Sleep with skanky boys.
(d) Try to do better in schoolk.
5. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
(a) She feels insecure.
(b) She thinks its wonderful.
(c) She feels good about herself until someone puts her down.
(d) She does not feel like one with herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
2. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
3. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
4. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
5. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Marya's bad habits with food quickly come back?
2. What becomes a coincidence for Marya when she goes to Interlochen?
3. What action gets the story moving quickly?
4. What causes Marya to be obsessed by sex?
5. When Marya looks at her file, what does she see?
6. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
7. Why is Marya afraid to fall asleep, and how does not sleeping affect her?
8. What will Marya always worry about?
9. How does Marya begin leading a double life in this section of the novel?
10. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)