|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
(a) Her new friends.
(b) Her new clothes.
(c) The routine that she is given.
(d) The food she gets to eat.
2. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
(a) Patients gaining weight too quickly.
(b) Patients eating too much.
(c) Patients throwing up in the bathroom.
(d) Patients taking laxatives.
3. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
(a) In their bodies.
(b) With full control.
(c) Without the consent of others.
(d) Without their bodies.
4. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(c) New York.
5. What does Mayra still struggle with?
(a) Her feelings.
(b) Her eating disorders.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her insomnia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
2. What does Marya show the doctor?
3. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
4. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
5. What does Marya begin to crave?
Short Essay Questions
1. To Marya, what were eating disorders an excuse for?
2. How does Marya attempt to trick the doctors, her parents, and her friends into thinking she is healthy?
3. How does the novel begin?
4. Why is a school for the arts an easy place to hide an eating disorder?
5. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
6. What does Marya wish that her husband would notice?
7. When a friend finally tells a school counselor about Marya's problem, how does Marya feel?
8. What does Marya realize about those around her from her past?
9. What does Duane's hug provide for Marya?
10. Why does Marya decide to visit Kathi?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)