|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does food do for many people?
(a) Makes them fat.
(b) Makes them feel very calm.
(c) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(d) Nurtures them.
2. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
3. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(c) New York.
4. What is her current weight?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 115 pounds.
(c) 135 pounds.
(d) 105 pounds.
5. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
(a) She will vomit.
(b) She will have a seisure.
(c) She will pass out.
(d) She will die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
2. How do Marya's parents see her?
3. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
4. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
5. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. As a child, how does Marya act when she is alone?
2. Why does Marya refer to this section of the book as "Take 1"?
3. What details and statistics does Marya give in this section of the book?
4. What does Marya use besides bulimia to fill a void in her life?
5. What does Marya feel at the age of five and why?
6. When Marya is about to leave for her new school, what does she feel?
7. To add to her sex and eating addictions, what else happens to Marya?
8. Why does Marya decide to switch from bulimia to anorexia?
9. What is very different about life in the clinic and how it might make a person feel like they have no privacy?
10. As a child, what does Marya want besides a perfect body?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)