|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
2. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
(a) A way to avoid the pain and reality of life.
(b) A way to make her memorable.
(c) She could hide behind it.
(d) Something to do.
3. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
4. To Marya, there is no ___________ , only success or failure.
(b) Middle ground.
(c) Even ground.
5. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 67 pounds.
(b) 45 pounds.
(c) 72 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
6. What keeps Marya eating?
(a) She realizes what it is like to be a healthy human being.
(b) Her dark passenger.
(c) Her husband's will.
(d) The doctors from the hospital.
7. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
(a) No, only in a few homes.
(b) No, only in affluent homes.
(c) No, only in poverty stricken areas.
(d) Yes, in homes all over America.
8. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
(a) At Lowe House.
(b) In college.
(c) At home with her parents.
(d) At Methodist Hospital.
9. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
(a) She is caught in a lie.
(b) They hear her throwing up in the bathroom.
(c) She is too thin.
(d) The pipes burst from all of her purging.
10. What is the tone of this Interlude?
11. Whose instructions are not being followed?
(a) Her doctor's orders.
(b) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist.
(c) Marya's own.
(d) Her mother's suggestions.
12. What does Marya say that she hates?
(b) She hates her husband for judging her.
(c) Eating correctly.
(d) She hates to eat.
13. While she was writing the book, what else changed in her body?
(a) Her hair grew back.
(b) Her finger nails grew.
(c) Her body healed.
(d) She grew three inches taller.
14. Whom does Marya move in with when she turns eighteen?
(a) A childhood friend.
(b) Her friend Sybil.
(c) A random man she meets.
(d) Her boyfriend.
15. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
(a) The cops.
(b) Her step-brothers.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya's parents come home from their first trip, what do they find?
2. At the end of the chapter, what is Marya allowed to do?
3. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
4. As a child, Marya feels as though she is scared of____________.
5. What does Marya want from her family?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)