|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Marya is dating and making new friends at school, what happens at night?
(a) She is still taking drugs and sleeping around.
(b) She won't talk to her parents.
(c) She still throws up.
(d) She cuts herself.
2. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
(a) Playing with men's emotions.
(b) Determination to take control of the eating disorder.
(c) The feelings of power other people give her.
3. What does aftermath mean?
(a) Happy events.
(b) After the fact.
(c) Consequences after an event.
(d) Changing events.
4. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
(a) A way to avoid the pain and reality of life.
(b) Something to do.
(c) A way to make her memorable.
(d) She could hide behind it.
5. When Marya's parents come home from their first trip, what do they find?
(a) Marya is very thin.
(b) The man Marya had sex with.
(c) The house is a complete mess.
(d) The toilet is clogged with vomit.
6. What does Marya like about her body?
(a) It feels stong.
(b) She can completely control it.
(c) She can use it to make her husband do whatever she wants.
(d) She can feel the bones showing again.
7. In the Afterword, Marya is having difficulty with ___________.
(a) Feeling sorry for herself.
(b) Writing her story.
(c) Talking to others about her pain.
(d) Hurting those she loves.
8. To hide her purging, what does Marya do?
(a) She throws up in trash bags.
(b) She lies to everyone.
(c) She throws up in her suitcase.
(d) She refuses to throw up.
9. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
(c) Ability to walk.
(d) Ability to write.
10. What book informs Marya's decision to become anorexic?
(a) Ana's Story.
(b) Dying To Be Thin.
(c) Hungry: A Mother and Daughter and Anorexia.
(d) The Best Little Girl in the World.
11. As a child, Marya feels as though she is scared of____________.
(a) All clothes, especially jeans.
(b) All clothes, especially shirts.
(c) All clothes, especially socks.
(d) All clothes, especially shoes.
12. What causes Marya to crash her father's car on the way home?
(a) She had not eaten in days and passed out.
(b) She was angry with him.
(c) A drunk driver crashed into her.
(d) She was drunk.
13. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother.
14. What happens the second weekend that Marya is left alone?
(a) She brings a friend to stay with her.
(b) She eats everything in the house.
(c) She brings her boyfriend from California to see her.
(d) She brings a stranger home and has sex with him all weekend.
15. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
(a) She likes the friends she has made.
(b) She is afraid that she will be scorned elsewhere.
(c) It provides her with a sense of security.
(d) She likes her bedroom there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya tell her brother about her body?
2. Whom does Marya move in with when she turns eighteen?
3. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
4. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
5. What does she worry about?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)