|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While she was writing the book, what else changed in her body?
(a) She grew three inches taller.
(b) Her finger nails grew.
(c) Her hair grew back.
(d) Her body healed.
2. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
(a) Her step-brothers.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) The cops.
(d) Her parents.
3. What does Marya think of her life in D.C.?
(a) It is very productive.
(b) She describes it as suicidal.
(c) It is the ideal life.
(d) She meets very cool people.
4. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
(a) Something she must fix by herself.
(b) Something she will always fight.
(c) Something she cannot overcome.
(d) An excuse to not live life.
5. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
(a) They will force her to eat.
(b) The other girls will be mad at her.
(c) She will starve.
(d) She will get very tired.
6. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She loses 15 pounds.
(b) She loses her memory.
(c) She has night sweats.
(d) She gains 15 pounds.
7. What does her husband do?
(a) Cares for her.
(b) Makes her believe in his love for her.
(c) He refuses to mention the weight loss.
(d) Creates a safe place for Mayra to be.
8. What does she worry about?
(a) Getting too thin.
(b) Hurting her family.
(c) Scaring her husband.
(d) Her body getting fatter.
9. What keeps Marya eating?
(a) The doctors from the hospital.
(b) She realizes what it is like to be a healthy human being.
(c) Her dark passenger.
(d) Her husband's will.
10. The first time her parents leave Marya alone, what happens?
(a) She begins cutting herself.
(b) She binges and eats all the food in the house.
(c) She locks herself in her room.
(d) She behaves herself.
11. To hide her purging, what does Marya do?
(a) She refuses to throw up.
(b) She lies to everyone.
(c) She throws up in her suitcase.
(d) She throws up in trash bags.
12. Whose instructions are not being followed?
(a) Marya's own.
(b) Her mother's suggestions.
(c) Her doctor's orders.
(d) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist.
13. What are some of Marya's rituals?
(a) Only eating when she has performed certain tasks.
(b) Washing her hands constantly and straightening her space.
(c) Waiting until her parents have left to eat.
(d) Working too much and forgetting to eat.
14. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her minimalist eating.
(b) Her manic thoughts.
(c) Her crazed feelings.
(d) Her throwing up.
15. When she is given anesthesia for the dental extraction, what happens?
(a) She has dreams about her past.
(b) Her heart murmurs.
(c) Her heart stops.
(d) She stops breathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
2. Although Marya is dating and making new friends at school, what happens at night?
3. When Marya is six, what does she do with her life plan?
4. Now, why does Marya think her problems started again?
5. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)