|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marya live with while in California?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her step-grandmother.
2. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her minimalist eating.
(b) Her manic thoughts.
(c) Her crazed feelings.
(d) Her throwing up.
3. What keeps Marya eating?
(a) The doctors from the hospital.
(b) She realizes what it is like to be a healthy human being.
(c) Her dark passenger.
(d) Her husband's will.
4. What book informs Marya's decision to become anorexic?
(a) The Best Little Girl in the World.
(b) Hungry: A Mother and Daughter and Anorexia.
(c) Dying To Be Thin.
(d) Ana's Story.
5. Because she is alive, Marya feels like she needs to_________.
(a) Become a functioning part of society.
(b) Do something with her life.
(c) Become important.
(d) Make herself pretty and smart.
6. How is Marya handling a job and school?
(a) She is pretty average.
(b) Poorly she is failing.
(c) She does not have a job.
(d) Very well. She has a 4.0.
7. What does her husband do?
(a) Makes her believe in his love for her.
(b) Cares for her.
(c) He refuses to mention the weight loss.
(d) Creates a safe place for Mayra to be.
8. What does Marya realize that her eating disorders have done to her body?
(a) Caused her to become stronger.
(b) Made her more attractive.
(c) Made her look the best she has ever looked.
(d) Made her unattractive.
9. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
(a) She thinks her cousins are fat.
(b) She thinks her grandmother is right.
(c) She is trying to stay positive when she only has negative thoughts.
(d) She is warning girls to stay away from eating disorders when she is has one.
10. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
(a) The lack of understanding about eating disorders in the medical field.
(b) He sees Marya's problem as short term.
(c) He does not care about patients with eating disorders.
(d) He is not a good doctor.
11. What is the main part of this Interlude?
(a) Marya's memories of trying to fit in with other people.
(b) Marya's memories of meeting her husband.
(c) Marya's memories of her childhood.
(d) Marya's memories of recovering from an eating disorder.
12. When Marya has a breakdown, what does this mean?
(a) Her body has overloaded.
(b) She will not survive long.
(c) Her body is breaking down her brain matter for energy.
(d) Her mind is overloaded.
13. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 72 pounds.
(c) 45 pounds.
(d) 67 pounds.
14. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
(a) She slowly slips back into her old eating habits.
(b) She goes to her grandmother for advice.
(c) She has several car accidents.
(d) She begins to smoke to not get fat.
15. How will Marya change her life soon?
(a) She will not be able to change.
(b) She will be forced to go to another facility.
(c) She will fall deeper into herself.
(d) She will willingly go back into treatment.
Short Answer Questions
1. After she cuts all of her hair off, what does Marya realize?
2. The first time her parents leave Marya alone, what happens?
3. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
4. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
5. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)