|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
(a) Playing with men's emotions.
(c) The feelings of power other people give her.
(d) Determination to take control of the eating disorder.
2. What is the smartest thing that someone can do for someone else recovering from an eating disorder?
(a) Not applauding their weight loss.
(b) All are correct.
(c) Holding firm with them.
(d) Not allowing them to hide their actions.
3. What happens the second weekend that Marya is left alone?
(a) She eats everything in the house.
(b) She brings a stranger home and has sex with him all weekend.
(c) She brings a friend to stay with her.
(d) She brings her boyfriend from California to see her.
4. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
(a) It means she is dying, which she wants.
(b) She can feel her anorexic body returning.
(c) She is on her way to recovery.
(d) She is able to control herself and her weight.
5. What is the tone of this Interlude?
6. The antibiotic that the doctor gives Marya _______________.
(a) Makes her head hurt.
(b) Makes her not eat.
(c) Makes her throw up.
(d) Makes her want to eat more.
7. When she is given anesthesia for the dental extraction, what happens?
(a) Her heart stops.
(b) She stops breathing.
(c) Her heart murmurs.
(d) She has dreams about her past.
8. What are some of Marya's rituals?
(a) Waiting until her parents have left to eat.
(b) Only eating when she has performed certain tasks.
(c) Working too much and forgetting to eat.
(d) Washing her hands constantly and straightening her space.
9. By saying this, what becomes all right?
(a) Marya's longing.
(b) Marya's quest for love.
(c) Marya's pride in the weight loss.
(d) Marya's feelings.
10. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her manic thoughts.
(b) Her minimalist eating.
(c) Her throwing up.
(d) Her crazed feelings.
11. Although Marya is dating and making new friends at school, what happens at night?
(a) She is still taking drugs and sleeping around.
(b) She still throws up.
(c) She won't talk to her parents.
(d) She cuts herself.
12. To feel better, what does Marya decide to do?
(a) Go completely anorexic.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Eat less.
(d) Binge and purge.
13. Whom does Marya meet at school?
(a) The boy she will later marry.
(b) Some new friends.
(c) More boys to sleep with.
(d) Other girls with disorders.
14. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
(a) Her feelings toward all doctors.
(b) Her fear of the dentist.
(c) Her eating disorders.
(d) Her ambivalent feelings of being touched.
15. What does she deal with on a daily basis?
(a) Her mistakes.
(b) The loose ends of her eating disorder.
(c) The consequences of her suicide.
(d) Her parents' regrets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to her body during this time?
2. What has Marya realized about life over the years?
3. What does Marya want from her family?
4. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
5. What does Marya tell her brother about her body?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)