|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does she worry about?
(a) Her body getting fatter.
(b) Getting too thin.
(c) Scaring her husband.
(d) Hurting her family.
2. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 45 pounds.
(b) 67 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 72 pounds.
3. What does aftermath mean?
(a) Happy events.
(b) Consequences after an event.
(c) Changing events.
(d) After the fact.
4. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her crazed feelings.
(b) Her throwing up.
(c) Her manic thoughts.
(d) Her minimalist eating.
5. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
(a) She realizes what she has done.
(b) She realizes that her problems are still not solved.
(c) She thinks she looks fat.
(d) She is afraid of her parents finding out.
6. To Marya, there is no ___________ , only success or failure.
(a) Middle ground.
(c) Even ground.
7. Because she is alive, Marya feels like she needs to_________.
(a) Become a functioning part of society.
(b) Do something with her life.
(c) Make herself pretty and smart.
(d) Become important.
8. What does Marya realize that her eating disorders have done to her body?
(a) Made her look the best she has ever looked.
(b) Made her more attractive.
(c) Caused her to become stronger.
(d) Made her unattractive.
9. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
(a) She begins to smoke to not get fat.
(b) She has several car accidents.
(c) She goes to her grandmother for advice.
(d) She slowly slips back into her old eating habits.
10. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
(a) Like she is losing control.
(b) Like she is completely in control of her life.
(c) The happiest she has ever felt.
11. What is the main part of this Interlude?
(a) Marya's memories of trying to fit in with other people.
(b) Marya's memories of recovering from an eating disorder.
(c) Marya's memories of her childhood.
(d) Marya's memories of meeting her husband.
12. When Marya's parents come home from their first trip, what do they find?
(a) The toilet is clogged with vomit.
(b) Marya is very thin.
(c) The man Marya had sex with.
(d) The house is a complete mess.
13. How does Mayra feel while at this place?
(a) Confused about her disorders.
(b) She wants to die.
(c) She likes the people she is meeting.
(d) She wants to live.
14. The first time her parents leave Marya alone, what happens?
(a) She binges and eats all the food in the house.
(b) She behaves herself.
(c) She locks herself in her room.
(d) She begins cutting herself.
15. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
(a) To monitor the patient's every move.
(b) To trust the patient's judgment.
(c) To care about the patients as victims and people.
(d) To treat the patients poorly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the smartest thing that someone can do for someone else recovering from an eating disorder?
2. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
3. What does Marya like about her body?
4. What does Marya think of her life in D.C.?
5. When Marya has a breakdown, what does this mean?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)