|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya tell her brother about her body?
(a) She is confident.
(b) She is very weak.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is happy.
2. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
(a) Her step-brothers.
(b) The cops.
(c) Her cousins.
(d) Her parents.
3. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
(a) She is getting worse.
(b) She hopes to go home.
(c) She wants to go back to the center.
(d) She is getting better.
4. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
(a) He is not a good doctor.
(b) He sees Marya's problem as short term.
(c) He does not care about patients with eating disorders.
(d) The lack of understanding about eating disorders in the medical field.
5. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
6. What does her husband do?
(a) Creates a safe place for Mayra to be.
(b) Makes her believe in his love for her.
(c) He refuses to mention the weight loss.
(d) Cares for her.
7. Why does Marya stop eating in the cafeteria?
(a) She hates the way people stare.
(b) She does not like the way the food tastes.
(c) She has no friends there.
(d) People start asking her if she is anorexic.
8. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
(a) To monitor the patient's every move.
(b) To trust the patient's judgment.
(c) To care about the patients as victims and people.
(d) To treat the patients poorly.
9. The first time her parents leave Marya alone, what happens?
(a) She binges and eats all the food in the house.
(b) She begins cutting herself.
(c) She locks herself in her room.
(d) She behaves herself.
10. What does this person think about Marya's actions towards food?
(a) Should stop right away.
(b) Easy to change.
11. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
(a) She will get very tired.
(b) They will force her to eat.
(c) She will starve.
(d) The other girls will be mad at her.
12. What is the smartest thing that someone can do for someone else recovering from an eating disorder?
(a) Holding firm with them.
(b) Not allowing them to hide their actions.
(c) Not applauding their weight loss.
(d) All are correct.
13. By saying this, what becomes all right?
(a) Marya's pride in the weight loss.
(b) Marya's feelings.
(c) Marya's quest for love.
(d) Marya's longing.
14. Whose instructions are not being followed?
(a) Her doctor's orders.
(b) Marya's own.
(c) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist.
(d) Her mother's suggestions.
15. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
(a) She could hide behind it.
(b) Something to do.
(c) A way to make her memorable.
(d) A way to avoid the pain and reality of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Mayra create to leave?
2. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
3. How will Marya change her life soon?
4. What book informs Marya's decision to become anorexic?
5. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)