|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
(a) A way to make her memorable.
(b) She could hide behind it.
(c) A way to avoid the pain and reality of life.
(d) Something to do.
2. By Christmas, what does she weigh?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 80 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
3. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 72 pounds.
(b) 67 pounds.
(c) 45 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
4. What does Marya tell her brother about her body?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is confident.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is very weak.
5. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
(a) She is getting better.
(b) She is getting worse.
(c) She hopes to go home.
(d) She wants to go back to the center.
6. What does Marya realize will happen after she leaves the treatment center?
(a) She will begin smoking to stay thin.
(b) She will have to end her eating disorder.
(c) No one will love her outisde the center.
(d) She will be trapped with her parents.
7. By saying this, what becomes all right?
(a) Marya's longing.
(b) Marya's pride in the weight loss.
(c) Marya's quest for love.
(d) Marya's feelings.
8. How does Marya chicken out and not take advantage of her opportunity to get better?
(a) She hides behind the friends she makes.
(b) She refuses to leave her room.
(c) She drinks massive amounts or water and hides laxatives.
(d) She takes advantage of her new opportunity to grow.
9. How is Marya handling a job and school?
(a) She is pretty average.
(b) Very well. She has a 4.0.
(c) Poorly she is failing.
(d) She does not have a job.
10. What keeps Marya eating?
(a) The doctors from the hospital.
(b) She realizes what it is like to be a healthy human being.
(c) Her husband's will.
(d) Her dark passenger.
11. When she is given anesthesia for the dental extraction, what happens?
(a) Her heart stops.
(b) Her heart murmurs.
(c) She has dreams about her past.
(d) She stops breathing.
12. What book informs Marya's decision to become anorexic?
(a) The Best Little Girl in the World.
(b) Ana's Story.
(c) Hungry: A Mother and Daughter and Anorexia.
(d) Dying To Be Thin.
13. Where does Marya decide to go to school?
(a) American University in Washington D.C.
(b) Washington University in St. Louis.
(c) New York University.
(d) Rice University.
14. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
(a) At home with her parents.
(b) At Methodist Hospital.
(c) In college.
(d) At Lowe House.
15. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
(a) It means she is dying, which she wants.
(b) She is on her way to recovery.
(c) She is able to control herself and her weight.
(d) She can feel her anorexic body returning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
2. What is the smartest thing that someone can do for someone else recovering from an eating disorder?
3. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
4. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
5. What does Marya realize that her eating disorders have done to her body?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)