|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this section called aftermath?
(a) Marya is always trying to deal with the consequences of her actions.
(b) Marya misses her life before her eating disorder.
(c) Marya wishes she could take back her actions.
(d) Marya hates the consequences of her sickness.
2. By saying this, what becomes all right?
(a) Marya's pride in the weight loss.
(b) Marya's longing.
(c) Marya's feelings.
(d) Marya's quest for love.
3. How is Marya handling a job and school?
(a) She does not have a job.
(b) Poorly she is failing.
(c) She is pretty average.
(d) Very well. She has a 4.0.
4. What has Marya realized about life over the years?
(a) Being thinner, prettier, or different will not make life different.
(b) Being thin leads to happiness.
(c) Being beautiful will make things better.
(d) She is unable to sustain life by herself.
5. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
(a) He sees Marya's problem as short term.
(b) He does not care about patients with eating disorders.
(c) He is not a good doctor.
(d) The lack of understanding about eating disorders in the medical field.
6. What is the smartest thing that someone can do for someone else recovering from an eating disorder?
(a) All are correct.
(b) Holding firm with them.
(c) Not applauding their weight loss.
(d) Not allowing them to hide their actions.
7. Although Marya is dating and making new friends at school, what happens at night?
(a) She is still taking drugs and sleeping around.
(b) She cuts herself.
(c) She won't talk to her parents.
(d) She still throws up.
8. Whom does Marya meet at school?
(a) The boy she will later marry.
(b) More boys to sleep with.
(c) Some new friends.
(d) Other girls with disorders.
9. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) Marya is numb to feelings.
(b) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(c) Marya is having tremors.
(d) How skinny Marya has gotten.
10. When Marya is six, what does she do with her life plan?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Saves it in her diary.
(c) Buries it in her backyard.
(d) Hides it from her mother.
11. When she is given anesthesia for the dental extraction, what happens?
(a) She stops breathing.
(b) She has dreams about her past.
(c) Her heart stops.
(d) Her heart murmurs.
12. How does Marya chicken out and not take advantage of her opportunity to get better?
(a) She refuses to leave her room.
(b) She drinks massive amounts or water and hides laxatives.
(c) She hides behind the friends she makes.
(d) She takes advantage of her new opportunity to grow.
13. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
(a) The feelings of power other people give her.
(b) Playing with men's emotions.
(c) Determination to take control of the eating disorder.
14. The first time her parents leave Marya alone, what happens?
(a) She behaves herself.
(b) She locks herself in her room.
(c) She begins cutting herself.
(d) She binges and eats all the food in the house.
15. What does Marya say that she hates?
(a) Eating correctly.
(b) She hates to eat.
(d) She hates her husband for judging her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
2. What does Marya tell her brother about her body?
3. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
4. Because of the seriousness of her condition, what must Marya endure?
5. What lie does Mayra create to leave?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)