|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya think of her life in D.C.?
(a) It is very productive.
(b) It is the ideal life.
(c) She describes it as suicidal.
(d) She meets very cool people.
2. What does aftermath mean?
(a) Changing events.
(b) After the fact.
(c) Consequences after an event.
(d) Happy events.
3. What happens the second weekend that Marya is left alone?
(a) She eats everything in the house.
(b) She brings a stranger home and has sex with him all weekend.
(c) She brings a friend to stay with her.
(d) She brings her boyfriend from California to see her.
4. What does Marya realize will happen after she leaves the treatment center?
(a) She will be trapped with her parents.
(b) She will begin smoking to stay thin.
(c) No one will love her outisde the center.
(d) She will have to end her eating disorder.
5. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
(a) Her ambivalent feelings of being touched.
(b) Her eating disorders.
(c) Her fear of the dentist.
(d) Her feelings toward all doctors.
6. When she is given anesthesia for the dental extraction, what happens?
(a) She has dreams about her past.
(b) Her heart stops.
(c) Her heart murmurs.
(d) She stops breathing.
7. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
(a) Determination to take control of the eating disorder.
(c) Playing with men's emotions.
(d) The feelings of power other people give her.
8. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
(a) At Lowe House.
(b) At Methodist Hospital.
(c) At home with her parents.
(d) In college.
9. What is the smartest thing that someone can do for someone else recovering from an eating disorder?
(a) Holding firm with them.
(b) All are correct.
(c) Not allowing them to hide their actions.
(d) Not applauding their weight loss.
10. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
(a) Something she cannot overcome.
(b) Something she must fix by herself.
(c) An excuse to not live life.
(d) Something she will always fight.
11. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
12. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She loses her memory.
(b) She gains 15 pounds.
(c) She loses 15 pounds.
(d) She has night sweats.
13. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) Marya is numb to feelings.
(b) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(c) How skinny Marya has gotten.
(d) Marya is having tremors.
14. What does Marya realize that her eating disorders have done to her body?
(a) Caused her to become stronger.
(b) Made her more attractive.
(c) Made her look the best she has ever looked.
(d) Made her unattractive.
15. Why is this section called aftermath?
(a) Marya is always trying to deal with the consequences of her actions.
(b) Marya hates the consequences of her sickness.
(c) Marya wishes she could take back her actions.
(d) Marya misses her life before her eating disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. To hide her purging, what does Marya do?
2. Because she is alive, Marya feels like she needs to_________.
3. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
4. At the end of the chapter, what is Marya allowed to do?
5. Why does Marya stop eating in the cafeteria?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)