|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
(a) She slowly slips back into her old eating habits.
(b) She has several car accidents.
(c) She begins to smoke to not get fat.
(d) She goes to her grandmother for advice.
2. In the Afterword, Marya is having difficulty with ___________.
(a) Talking to others about her pain.
(b) Writing her story.
(c) Hurting those she loves.
(d) Feeling sorry for herself.
3. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
(a) The feelings of power other people give her.
(c) Determination to take control of the eating disorder.
(d) Playing with men's emotions.
4. What does she worry about?
(a) Her body getting fatter.
(b) Getting too thin.
(c) Hurting her family.
(d) Scaring her husband.
5. What does Marya realize will happen after she leaves the treatment center?
(a) She will begin smoking to stay thin.
(b) She will have to end her eating disorder.
(c) No one will love her outisde the center.
(d) She will be trapped with her parents.
6. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
(a) He does not care about patients with eating disorders.
(b) He is not a good doctor.
(c) The lack of understanding about eating disorders in the medical field.
(d) He sees Marya's problem as short term.
7. When she is given anesthesia for the dental extraction, what happens?
(a) She has dreams about her past.
(b) She stops breathing.
(c) Her heart murmurs.
(d) Her heart stops.
8. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
(a) Something she must fix by herself.
(b) An excuse to not live life.
(c) Something she will always fight.
(d) Something she cannot overcome.
9. What does Marya tell her brother about her body?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is confused.
(c) She is confident.
(d) She is very weak.
10. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She loses her memory.
(b) She has night sweats.
(c) She gains 15 pounds.
(d) She loses 15 pounds.
11. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
(a) She will get very tired.
(b) They will force her to eat.
(c) She will starve.
(d) The other girls will be mad at her.
12. Whom does Marya live with while in California?
(a) Her cousins.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her step-grandmother.
(d) Her uncle.
13. How does Marya chicken out and not take advantage of her opportunity to get better?
(a) She hides behind the friends she makes.
(b) She refuses to leave her room.
(c) She drinks massive amounts or water and hides laxatives.
(d) She takes advantage of her new opportunity to grow.
14. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
(c) Ability to write.
(d) Ability to walk.
15. Why is this section called aftermath?
(a) Marya is always trying to deal with the consequences of her actions.
(b) Marya misses her life before her eating disorder.
(c) Marya hates the consequences of her sickness.
(d) Marya wishes she could take back her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of Marya's rituals?
2. What does she deal with on a daily basis?
3. What does Marya want from her family?
4. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
5. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)