|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya tell her brother about her body?
(a) She is confident.
(b) She is very weak.
(c) She is confused.
(d) She is happy.
2. How is Marya handling a job and school?
(a) She does not have a job.
(b) Poorly she is failing.
(c) Very well. She has a 4.0.
(d) She is pretty average.
3. When Marya's parents come home from their first trip, what do they find?
(a) The man Marya had sex with.
(b) The house is a complete mess.
(c) Marya is very thin.
(d) The toilet is clogged with vomit.
4. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her minimalist eating.
(b) Her crazed feelings.
(c) Her manic thoughts.
(d) Her throwing up.
5. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
(a) She could hide behind it.
(b) Something to do.
(c) A way to avoid the pain and reality of life.
(d) A way to make her memorable.
6. What are some of Marya's rituals?
(a) Working too much and forgetting to eat.
(b) Washing her hands constantly and straightening her space.
(c) Waiting until her parents have left to eat.
(d) Only eating when she has performed certain tasks.
7. What has Marya realized about life over the years?
(a) Being thinner, prettier, or different will not make life different.
(b) Being thin leads to happiness.
(c) She is unable to sustain life by herself.
(d) Being beautiful will make things better.
8. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) How skinny Marya has gotten.
(b) Marya is numb to feelings.
(c) Marya is having tremors.
(d) How fragile Marya seems to be.
9. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
(a) To monitor the patient's every move.
(b) To care about the patients as victims and people.
(c) To trust the patient's judgment.
(d) To treat the patients poorly.
10. By saying this, what becomes all right?
(a) Marya's pride in the weight loss.
(b) Marya's feelings.
(c) Marya's longing.
(d) Marya's quest for love.
11. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 67 pounds.
(b) 72 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 45 pounds.
12. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
(a) She likes the friends she has made.
(b) It provides her with a sense of security.
(c) She likes her bedroom there.
(d) She is afraid that she will be scorned elsewhere.
13. How does Mayra feel while at this place?
(a) Confused about her disorders.
(b) She wants to die.
(c) She wants to live.
(d) She likes the people she is meeting.
14. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She has night sweats.
(b) She loses 15 pounds.
(c) She gains 15 pounds.
(d) She loses her memory.
15. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
(a) Taking a prescription drug.
(b) Refusing to eat for days.
(c) Going to an abortion clinic.
(d) Throwing herself down the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
2. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
3. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
4. What is the main part of this Interlude?
5. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)