|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Christmas, what does she weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 80 pounds.
2. Whom does Marya meet at school?
(a) The boy she will later marry.
(b) More boys to sleep with.
(c) Some new friends.
(d) Other girls with disorders.
3. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
(a) He is not a good doctor.
(b) He does not care about patients with eating disorders.
(c) The lack of understanding about eating disorders in the medical field.
(d) He sees Marya's problem as short term.
4. What does Marya want from her family?
(a) For them to say she looks skinnier.
(b) For them to care for her.
(c) For them to respect her.
(d) For them to love her.
5. In the Afterword, what is wrong with Marya's body?
(a) She has lost some limbs.
(b) Her teeth are broken.
(c) Her immune and reproductive systems have shut down.
(d) Her hair is falling out.
6. How will Marya change her life soon?
(a) She will not be able to change.
(b) She will fall deeper into herself.
(c) She will willingly go back into treatment.
(d) She will be forced to go to another facility.
7. When Marya is six, what does she do with her life plan?
(a) Saves it in her diary.
(b) Buries it in her backyard.
(c) Hides it from her mother.
(d) Burns it.
8. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
(c) Ability to write.
(d) Ability to walk.
9. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
(a) Something she will always fight.
(b) Something she cannot overcome.
(c) An excuse to not live life.
(d) Something she must fix by herself.
10. While she was writing the book, what else changed in her body?
(a) Her body healed.
(b) Her finger nails grew.
(c) Her hair grew back.
(d) She grew three inches taller.
11. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
(a) At Lowe House.
(b) At Methodist Hospital.
(c) In college.
(d) At home with her parents.
12. What happens the second weekend that Marya is left alone?
(a) She brings her boyfriend from California to see her.
(b) She brings a stranger home and has sex with him all weekend.
(c) She eats everything in the house.
(d) She brings a friend to stay with her.
13. At the end of the chapter, what is Marya allowed to do?
(a) Read her books and live in her own world.
(b) Take dance classes.
(c) Go to stay with relatives.
(d) Take classes at the University of Minnesota.
14. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her minimalist eating.
(b) Her throwing up.
(c) Her crazed feelings.
(d) Her manic thoughts.
15. Because she is alive, Marya feels like she needs to_________.
(a) Make herself pretty and smart.
(b) Become important.
(c) Become a functioning part of society.
(d) Do something with her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Mayra create to leave?
2. What has Marya realized about life over the years?
3. What does this person think about Marya's actions towards food?
4. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
5. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)