|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
(a) She is afraid that she will be scorned elsewhere.
(b) She likes her bedroom there.
(c) It provides her with a sense of security.
(d) She likes the friends she has made.
2. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her throwing up.
(b) Her manic thoughts.
(c) Her crazed feelings.
(d) Her minimalist eating.
3. What does this person think about Marya's actions towards food?
(a) Easy to change.
(b) Should stop right away.
4. To hide her purging, what does Marya do?
(a) She lies to everyone.
(b) She refuses to throw up.
(c) She throws up in trash bags.
(d) She throws up in her suitcase.
5. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
(a) She will starve.
(b) She will get very tired.
(c) The other girls will be mad at her.
(d) They will force her to eat.
6. To feel better, what does Marya decide to do?
(a) Eat less.
(b) Binge and purge.
(c) Go completely anorexic.
(d) Kill herself.
7. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother.
8. How is Marya handling a job and school?
(a) Poorly she is failing.
(b) Very well. She has a 4.0.
(c) She is pretty average.
(d) She does not have a job.
9. Why is this section called aftermath?
(a) Marya misses her life before her eating disorder.
(b) Marya is always trying to deal with the consequences of her actions.
(c) Marya hates the consequences of her sickness.
(d) Marya wishes she could take back her actions.
10. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
(b) Ability to write.
(c) Ability to walk.
11. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
(a) She goes to her grandmother for advice.
(b) She slowly slips back into her old eating habits.
(c) She begins to smoke to not get fat.
(d) She has several car accidents.
12. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 45 pounds.
(c) 67 pounds.
(d) 72 pounds.
13. How will Marya change her life soon?
(a) She will willingly go back into treatment.
(b) She will not be able to change.
(c) She will be forced to go to another facility.
(d) She will fall deeper into herself.
14. What lie does Mayra create to leave?
(a) She says that someone in the treatment center has been abusing her.
(b) She says she was sexually abused as a child.
(c) She needs to be with her parents to survive.
(d) She promises not to abuse herself anymore.
15. The first time her parents leave Marya alone, what happens?
(a) She locks herself in her room.
(b) She begins cutting herself.
(c) She binges and eats all the food in the house.
(d) She behaves herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Christmas, what does she weigh?
2. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
3. While she was writing the book, what else changed in her body?
4. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
5. What does Marya say that she hates?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)