|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
(a) She is too thin.
(b) They hear her throwing up in the bathroom.
(c) She is caught in a lie.
(d) The pipes burst from all of her purging.
2. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
(a) She is trying to stay positive when she only has negative thoughts.
(b) She is warning girls to stay away from eating disorders when she is has one.
(c) She thinks her cousins are fat.
(d) She thinks her grandmother is right.
3. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
(a) The lack of understanding about eating disorders in the medical field.
(b) He sees Marya's problem as short term.
(c) He does not care about patients with eating disorders.
(d) He is not a good doctor.
4. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
(a) At Methodist Hospital.
(b) In college.
(c) At home with her parents.
(d) At Lowe House.
5. Although Marya is dating and making new friends at school, what happens at night?
(a) She cuts herself.
(b) She won't talk to her parents.
(c) She is still taking drugs and sleeping around.
(d) She still throws up.
6. Now, why does Marya think her problems started again?
(a) Being in her parents' house causes her to regress.
(b) She was too tired to fight.
(c) Eating causes her to feel sad and guilty.
(d) She wanted them to happen again.
7. What does Marya say that she hates?
(a) Eating correctly.
(b) She hates to eat.
(d) She hates her husband for judging her.
8. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
(a) Her cousins.
(b) The cops.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her step-brothers.
9. Currently, what gives her a reason to not give up?
(a) Her entire family's help.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her new husband.
(d) Her daughter's life.
10. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her best friend.
11. Whom does Marya meet at school?
(a) Other girls with disorders.
(b) Some new friends.
(c) More boys to sleep with.
(d) The boy she will later marry.
12. Why does Marya stop eating in the cafeteria?
(a) She does not like the way the food tastes.
(b) She has no friends there.
(c) People start asking her if she is anorexic.
(d) She hates the way people stare.
13. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
14. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
(b) Eating altogether.
(c) Making new friends.
(d) Going to therapy.
15. Whom does Marya live with while in California?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her step-grandmother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her cousins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
2. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
3. What causes Marya to crash her father's car on the way home?
4. What does Marya do when she looks in the mirror?
5. How will Marya change her life soon?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)