|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While she was writing the book, what else changed in her body?
(a) She grew three inches taller.
(b) Her body healed.
(c) Her finger nails grew.
(d) Her hair grew back.
2. Where does Marya decide to go to school?
(a) Washington University in St. Louis.
(b) New York University.
(c) Rice University.
(d) American University in Washington D.C.
3. What happens the second weekend that Marya is left alone?
(a) She brings a stranger home and has sex with him all weekend.
(b) She brings her boyfriend from California to see her.
(c) She brings a friend to stay with her.
(d) She eats everything in the house.
4. What does Marya realize will happen after she leaves the treatment center?
(a) She will be trapped with her parents.
(b) She will begin smoking to stay thin.
(c) She will have to end her eating disorder.
(d) No one will love her outisde the center.
5. What does Marya think of her life in D.C.?
(a) It is very productive.
(b) It is the ideal life.
(c) She meets very cool people.
(d) She describes it as suicidal.
6. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She has night sweats.
(b) She gains 15 pounds.
(c) She loses her memory.
(d) She loses 15 pounds.
7. Currently, what gives her a reason to not give up?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter's life.
(c) Her new husband.
(d) Her entire family's help.
8. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
(a) 45 pounds.
(b) 72 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 67 pounds.
9. What does aftermath mean?
(a) Consequences after an event.
(b) After the fact.
(c) Happy events.
(d) Changing events.
10. What does Marya do when she looks in the mirror?
(a) Wishes she had a boyfriend.
(b) Remembers that she should not eat.
(c) Thinks she looks beautiful.
(d) Checks on how fat she has gotten.
11. What is the smartest thing that someone can do for someone else recovering from an eating disorder?
(a) Holding firm with them.
(b) Not applauding their weight loss.
(c) All are correct.
(d) Not allowing them to hide their actions.
12. What are some of Marya's rituals?
(a) Working too much and forgetting to eat.
(b) Only eating when she has performed certain tasks.
(c) Washing her hands constantly and straightening her space.
(d) Waiting until her parents have left to eat.
13. What does Marya tell her brother about her body?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is confident.
(c) She is very weak.
(d) She is confused.
14. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
(a) Taking a prescription drug.
(b) Refusing to eat for days.
(c) Going to an abortion clinic.
(d) Throwing herself down the stairs.
15. After she cuts all of her hair off, what does Marya realize?
(a) She has lost all control over her impulses.
(b) She hates herself.
(c) She can never change her mental state.
(d) She is in control of her body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
2. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
3. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
4. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
5. To Marya, there is no ___________ , only success or failure.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)