|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the smartest thing that someone can do for someone else recovering from an eating disorder?
(a) Not applauding their weight loss.
(b) Not allowing them to hide their actions.
(c) All are correct.
(d) Holding firm with them.
2. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
(a) She is able to control herself and her weight.
(b) She is on her way to recovery.
(c) It means she is dying, which she wants.
(d) She can feel her anorexic body returning.
3. Now, why does Marya think her problems started again?
(a) Eating causes her to feel sad and guilty.
(b) Being in her parents' house causes her to regress.
(c) She wanted them to happen again.
(d) She was too tired to fight.
4. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) Marya is numb to feelings.
(b) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(c) Marya is having tremors.
(d) How skinny Marya has gotten.
5. Although Marya is dating and making new friends at school, what happens at night?
(a) She won't talk to her parents.
(b) She is still taking drugs and sleeping around.
(c) She cuts herself.
(d) She still throws up.
6. Because of the seriousness of her condition, what must Marya endure?
(a) A straight jacket.
(b) Cruelty of other patients.
(c) Twenty-four hour surveillance.
(d) Random searches.
7. What does Marya like about her body?
(a) She can feel the bones showing again.
(b) She can completely control it.
(c) It feels stong.
(d) She can use it to make her husband do whatever she wants.
8. Whom does Marya move in with when she turns eighteen?
(a) A random man she meets.
(b) Her friend Sybil.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) A childhood friend.
9. What does Marya say that she hates?
(a) Eating correctly.
(c) She hates her husband for judging her.
(d) She hates to eat.
10. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
(a) Going to an abortion clinic.
(b) Throwing herself down the stairs.
(c) Refusing to eat for days.
(d) Taking a prescription drug.
11. What causes Marya to crash her father's car on the way home?
(a) A drunk driver crashed into her.
(b) She was angry with him.
(c) She had not eaten in days and passed out.
(d) She was drunk.
12. Whose instructions are not being followed?
(a) Marya's own.
(b) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist.
(c) Her doctor's orders.
(d) Her mother's suggestions.
13. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
(a) To care about the patients as victims and people.
(b) To treat the patients poorly.
(c) To monitor the patient's every move.
(d) To trust the patient's judgment.
14. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
(a) The happiest she has ever felt.
(b) Like she is losing control.
(d) Like she is completely in control of her life.
15. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to her body during this time?
2. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
3. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
4. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
5. What does this person think about Marya's actions towards food?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)