|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The antibiotic that the doctor gives Marya _______________.
(a) Makes her not eat.
(b) Makes her want to eat more.
(c) Makes her throw up.
(d) Makes her head hurt.
2. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
(a) Her fear of the dentist.
(b) Her ambivalent feelings of being touched.
(c) Her eating disorders.
(d) Her feelings toward all doctors.
3. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
(a) Something she will always fight.
(b) Something she must fix by herself.
(c) An excuse to not live life.
(d) Something she cannot overcome.
4. After she cuts all of her hair off, what does Marya realize?
(a) She has lost all control over her impulses.
(b) She can never change her mental state.
(c) She is in control of her body.
(d) She hates herself.
5. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She loses her memory.
(b) She gains 15 pounds.
(c) She loses 15 pounds.
(d) She has night sweats.
6. For Marya, what was the need for the eating disorder?
(a) A way to make her memorable.
(b) She could hide behind it.
(c) A way to avoid the pain and reality of life.
(d) Something to do.
7. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
(a) She thinks her grandmother is right.
(b) She is trying to stay positive when she only has negative thoughts.
(c) She is warning girls to stay away from eating disorders when she is has one.
(d) She thinks her cousins are fat.
8. When she is given anesthesia for the dental extraction, what happens?
(a) She has dreams about her past.
(b) Her heart stops.
(c) She stops breathing.
(d) Her heart murmurs.
9. What causes Marya to crash her father's car on the way home?
(a) A drunk driver crashed into her.
(b) She was angry with him.
(c) She was drunk.
(d) She had not eaten in days and passed out.
10. How does Mayra feel while at this place?
(a) Confused about her disorders.
(b) She wants to live.
(c) She likes the people she is meeting.
(d) She wants to die.
11. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
(a) She likes the friends she has made.
(b) It provides her with a sense of security.
(c) She likes her bedroom there.
(d) She is afraid that she will be scorned elsewhere.
12. What does Marya like about her body?
(a) She can use it to make her husband do whatever she wants.
(b) She can feel the bones showing again.
(c) She can completely control it.
(d) It feels stong.
13. What does Marya do when she looks in the mirror?
(a) Thinks she looks beautiful.
(b) Remembers that she should not eat.
(c) Checks on how fat she has gotten.
(d) Wishes she had a boyfriend.
14. What does she worry about?
(a) Hurting her family.
(b) Her body getting fatter.
(c) Scaring her husband.
(d) Getting too thin.
15. What book informs Marya's decision to become anorexic?
(a) Ana's Story.
(b) Hungry: A Mother and Daughter and Anorexia.
(c) The Best Little Girl in the World.
(d) Dying To Be Thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
2. What does aftermath mean?
3. At the end of the chapter, what is Marya allowed to do?
4. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
5. Because of the seriousness of her condition, what must Marya endure?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)