|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
(a) To monitor the patient's every move.
(b) To trust the patient's judgment.
(c) To treat the patients poorly.
(d) To care about the patients as victims and people.
2. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She loses 15 pounds.
(b) She gains 15 pounds.
(c) She has night sweats.
(d) She loses her memory.
3. After she cuts all of her hair off, what does Marya realize?
(a) She is in control of her body.
(b) She hates herself.
(c) She can never change her mental state.
(d) She has lost all control over her impulses.
4. What is the tone of this Interlude?
5. What book informs Marya's decision to become anorexic?
(a) Dying To Be Thin.
(b) The Best Little Girl in the World.
(c) Hungry: A Mother and Daughter and Anorexia.
(d) Ana's Story.
6. Whose instructions are not being followed?
(a) Her doctor's orders.
(b) Marya's own.
(c) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist.
(d) Her mother's suggestions.
7. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
(a) The pipes burst from all of her purging.
(b) She is caught in a lie.
(c) She is too thin.
(d) They hear her throwing up in the bathroom.
8. By Christmas, what does she weigh?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 80 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
9. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her crazed feelings.
(b) Her throwing up.
(c) Her minimalist eating.
(d) Her manic thoughts.
10. Because of the seriousness of her condition, what must Marya endure?
(a) Twenty-four hour surveillance.
(b) A straight jacket.
(c) Cruelty of other patients.
(d) Random searches.
11. Whom does Marya meet at school?
(a) More boys to sleep with.
(b) The boy she will later marry.
(c) Some new friends.
(d) Other girls with disorders.
12. What does Marya like about her body?
(a) She can use it to make her husband do whatever she wants.
(b) She can feel the bones showing again.
(c) She can completely control it.
(d) It feels stong.
13. To hide her purging, what does Marya do?
(a) She throws up in trash bags.
(b) She lies to everyone.
(c) She throws up in her suitcase.
(d) She refuses to throw up.
14. What does Marya want from her family?
(a) For them to love her.
(b) For them to say she looks skinnier.
(c) For them to care for her.
(d) For them to respect her.
15. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
(b) Eating altogether.
(c) Making new friends.
(d) Going to therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
2. How does Marya chicken out and not take advantage of her opportunity to get better?
3. To feel better, what does Marya decide to do?
4. When Marya has a breakdown, what does this mean?
5. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)