|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Marya handling a job and school?
(a) Poorly she is failing.
(b) She is pretty average.
(c) She does not have a job.
(d) Very well. She has a 4.0.
2. In the end, Marya thinks that her eating disorder is _____.
(a) An excuse to not live life.
(b) Something she must fix by herself.
(c) Something she will always fight.
(d) Something she cannot overcome.
3. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(b) Marya is numb to feelings.
(c) Marya is having tremors.
(d) How skinny Marya has gotten.
4. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
(a) The feelings of power other people give her.
(c) Playing with men's emotions.
(d) Determination to take control of the eating disorder.
5. What does her husband do?
(a) Creates a safe place for Mayra to be.
(b) Makes her believe in his love for her.
(c) Cares for her.
(d) He refuses to mention the weight loss.
6. At this point, how many calories is she having per day?
7. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
(b) Ability to walk.
(d) Ability to write.
8. The antibiotic that the doctor gives Marya _______________.
(a) Makes her want to eat more.
(b) Makes her throw up.
(c) Makes her head hurt.
(d) Makes her not eat.
9. What book informs Marya's decision to become anorexic?
(a) Ana's Story.
(b) Hungry: A Mother and Daughter and Anorexia.
(c) The Best Little Girl in the World.
(d) Dying To Be Thin.
10. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her minimalist eating.
(b) Her manic thoughts.
(c) Her crazed feelings.
(d) Her throwing up.
11. Now, why does Marya think her problems started again?
(a) Being in her parents' house causes her to regress.
(b) Eating causes her to feel sad and guilty.
(c) She wanted them to happen again.
(d) She was too tired to fight.
12. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
(a) Her step-brothers.
(b) Her cousins.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The cops.
13. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
14. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
(a) They will force her to eat.
(b) She will starve.
(c) The other girls will be mad at her.
(d) She will get very tired.
15. When Marya is six, what does she do with her life plan?
(a) Saves it in her diary.
(b) Buries it in her backyard.
(c) Hides it from her mother.
(d) Burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
2. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
3. After Marya returns to school and meets her new roommate, what does she weigh?
4. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
5. At the end of the chapter, what is Marya allowed to do?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)