|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya want from her family?
(a) For them to say she looks skinnier.
(b) For them to love her.
(c) For them to care for her.
(d) For them to respect her.
2. The antibiotic that the doctor gives Marya _______________.
(a) Makes her throw up.
(b) Makes her want to eat more.
(c) Makes her not eat.
(d) Makes her head hurt.
3. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
(a) She thinks her grandmother is right.
(b) She is trying to stay positive when she only has negative thoughts.
(c) She is warning girls to stay away from eating disorders when she is has one.
(d) She thinks her cousins are fat.
4. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
5. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
(a) Ability to walk.
(d) Ability to write.
6. What has Marya realized about life over the years?
(a) She is unable to sustain life by herself.
(b) Being thin leads to happiness.
(c) Being thinner, prettier, or different will not make life different.
(d) Being beautiful will make things better.
7. Whose instructions are not being followed?
(a) Her doctor's orders.
(b) Her mother's suggestions.
(c) Marya's own.
(d) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist.
8. What does her husband do?
(a) Makes her believe in his love for her.
(b) Cares for her.
(c) He refuses to mention the weight loss.
(d) Creates a safe place for Mayra to be.
9. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
(a) She likes the friends she has made.
(b) She is afraid that she will be scorned elsewhere.
(c) She likes her bedroom there.
(d) It provides her with a sense of security.
10. Even though she is still in recovery, what does she have to think hard about to break?
(a) Her manic thoughts.
(b) Her crazed feelings.
(c) Her minimalist eating.
(d) Her throwing up.
11. When Marya's parents come home from their first trip, what do they find?
(a) The house is a complete mess.
(b) Marya is very thin.
(c) The toilet is clogged with vomit.
(d) The man Marya had sex with.
12. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
(a) The cops.
(b) Her step-brothers.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her cousins.
13. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
(a) She wants to go back to the center.
(b) She is getting better.
(c) She hopes to go home.
(d) She is getting worse.
14. When Marya goes to the hospital weighing 82 pounds, the doctor suggests that she try to gain weight. What does this show?
(a) He is not a good doctor.
(b) He does not care about patients with eating disorders.
(c) He sees Marya's problem as short term.
(d) The lack of understanding about eating disorders in the medical field.
15. How does Mayra feel while at this place?
(a) She wants to live.
(b) She likes the people she is meeting.
(c) She wants to die.
(d) Confused about her disorders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Marya live with while in California?
2. Whom does Marya meet at school?
3. When Marya is six, what does she do with her life plan?
4. What does aftermath mean?
5. What is the main part of this Interlude?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)