|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Marya meet at school?
(a) Other girls with disorders.
(b) Some new friends.
(c) More boys to sleep with.
(d) The boy she will later marry.
2. By Christmas, what does she weigh?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 80 pounds.
3. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She gains 15 pounds.
(b) She loses 15 pounds.
(c) She loses her memory.
(d) She has night sweats.
4. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
(a) At Lowe House.
(b) In college.
(c) At Methodist Hospital.
(d) At home with her parents.
5. What causes Marya to crash her father's car on the way home?
(a) She had not eaten in days and passed out.
(b) A drunk driver crashed into her.
(c) She was drunk.
(d) She was angry with him.
6. In the Afterword, what is wrong with Marya's body?
(a) Her immune and reproductive systems have shut down.
(b) She has lost some limbs.
(c) Her teeth are broken.
(d) Her hair is falling out.
7. After leaving Lowe house and moving in with her parents, what happens to Marya?
(a) She has several car accidents.
(b) She begins to smoke to not get fat.
(c) She goes to her grandmother for advice.
(d) She slowly slips back into her old eating habits.
8. When Marya has a breakdown, what does this mean?
(a) Her mind is overloaded.
(b) Her body is breaking down her brain matter for energy.
(c) Her body has overloaded.
(d) She will not survive long.
9. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
10. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
(a) She is getting better.
(b) She wants to go back to the center.
(c) She is getting worse.
(d) She hopes to go home.
11. What is the tone of this Interlude?
12. What does she worry about?
(a) Scaring her husband.
(b) Hurting her family.
(c) Her body getting fatter.
(d) Getting too thin.
13. How does Marya chicken out and not take advantage of her opportunity to get better?
(a) She drinks massive amounts or water and hides laxatives.
(b) She hides behind the friends she makes.
(c) She takes advantage of her new opportunity to grow.
(d) She refuses to leave her room.
14. What does she deal with on a daily basis?
(a) The consequences of her suicide.
(b) Her mistakes.
(c) The loose ends of her eating disorder.
(d) Her parents' regrets.
15. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
(a) To treat the patients poorly.
(b) To care about the patients as victims and people.
(c) To trust the patient's judgment.
(d) To monitor the patient's every move.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Marya move in with when she turns eighteen?
2. Whom does Marya live with while in California?
3. The antibiotic that the doctor gives Marya _______________.
4. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
5. At the end of the chapter, what is Marya allowed to do?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)