|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya say that she hates?
(a) She hates to eat.
(b) Eating correctly.
(c) She hates her husband for judging her.
2. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her sister.
3. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
(a) Ability to walk.
(b) Ability to write.
4. At the end of the chapter, what is Marya allowed to do?
(a) Read her books and live in her own world.
(b) Take classes at the University of Minnesota.
(c) Go to stay with relatives.
(d) Take dance classes.
5. After she cuts all of her hair off, what does Marya realize?
(a) She has lost all control over her impulses.
(b) She can never change her mental state.
(c) She hates herself.
(d) She is in control of her body.
6. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
(a) Throwing herself down the stairs.
(b) Taking a prescription drug.
(c) Going to an abortion clinic.
(d) Refusing to eat for days.
7. What are some of Marya's rituals?
(a) Washing her hands constantly and straightening her space.
(b) Only eating when she has performed certain tasks.
(c) Working too much and forgetting to eat.
(d) Waiting until her parents have left to eat.
8. Marya thinks she is a hypocrite while visiting her grandmother because ____________.
(a) She thinks her grandmother is right.
(b) She is trying to stay positive when she only has negative thoughts.
(c) She is warning girls to stay away from eating disorders when she is has one.
(d) She thinks her cousins are fat.
9. When Marya's parents come home from their first trip, what do they find?
(a) Marya is very thin.
(b) The man Marya had sex with.
(c) The toilet is clogged with vomit.
(d) The house is a complete mess.
10. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
(a) Like she is losing control.
(c) The happiest she has ever felt.
(d) Like she is completely in control of her life.
11. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
(a) Her ambivalent feelings of being touched.
(b) Her feelings toward all doctors.
(c) Her eating disorders.
(d) Her fear of the dentist.
12. What does Marya realize will happen after she leaves the treatment center?
(a) She will begin smoking to stay thin.
(b) No one will love her outisde the center.
(c) She will have to end her eating disorder.
(d) She will be trapped with her parents.
13. Whom does Marya move in with when she turns eighteen?
(a) Her friend Sybil.
(b) A random man she meets.
(c) A childhood friend.
(d) Her boyfriend.
14. To hide her purging, what does Marya do?
(a) She throws up in trash bags.
(b) She refuses to throw up.
(c) She throws up in her suitcase.
(d) She lies to everyone.
15. As a child, Marya feels as though she is scared of____________.
(a) All clothes, especially shirts.
(b) All clothes, especially shoes.
(c) All clothes, especially socks.
(d) All clothes, especially jeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she worry about?
2. Because of the seriousness of her condition, what must Marya endure?
3. How will Marya change her life soon?
4. The antibiotic that the doctor gives Marya _______________.
5. At Lowe House, what is the approach of the therapists?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)