|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
(a) Her reading skills.
(b) Her writing ability.
(c) Her acting skills.
(d) Her makeup skills.
2. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
(b) Public Relations.
(d) The theatre.
3. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
(a) She can be whatever she wants.
(b) To keep dreaming.
(c) All of her dreams will come true.
(d) To be more realistic.
4. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(a) No control.
(d) The end of her life.
5. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
6. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
7. While in this location, who watches Marya?
(a) The staff.
(b) No one.
(c) A group of doctors and nurses.
(d) A private nurse.
8. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is wonderful.
(b) It is awful.
(c) It will change when she is older.
(d) It is a costume.
9. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Headaches and backaches.
(b) Her anxiety.
(c) Her social life.
(d) Intense sweating.
10. What tone is the Interlude written in?
11. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Act like a snob.
(b) Talk back to teachers.
(c) Try to do better in schoolk.
(d) Sleep with skanky boys.
12. To keep up appearances of normalcy, what do Marya's parents do?
(a) Stretch the boundaries of their idea of normal.
(b) Control Marya with all their rules.
(c) Send Marya to boarding school.
(d) Let Marya run the show.
13. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
14. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
15. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) A month.
(c) Six months.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
2. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
3. Marya believes that eating disorders are ____________.
4. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
5. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)