|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
(a) Without the consent of others.
(b) With full control.
(c) In their bodies.
(d) Without their bodies.
2. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
(a) She feels insecure.
(b) She does not feel like one with herself.
(c) She feels good about herself until someone puts her down.
(d) She thinks its wonderful.
3. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
4. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
(b) Poor people are born fat.
(c) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
(d) Poor people have poor diets.
5. How old is Marya when she begins to enter puberty?
6. What does Marya reveal to her psychiatrist?
(a) She has a lot of unprotected sex.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is bulimic.
(d) She hates her body.
7. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
(a) A seizure.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A diabetic reaction.
(d) A stroke.
8. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
(a) Her new clothes.
(b) Her new friends.
(c) The routine that she is given.
(d) The food she gets to eat.
9. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
(a) To keep dreaming.
(b) All of her dreams will come true.
(c) She can be whatever she wants.
(d) To be more realistic.
10. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
11. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(d) New York.
12. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is wonderful.
(b) It is awful.
(c) It will change when she is older.
(d) It is a costume.
13. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
(a) He fails to realize the threat Jane is under.
(b) He is not listening to Jane.
(c) He is acting nonchalant.
(d) He reprimands Jane for her behavior.
14. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
(a) She is not as coordinated.
(b) It is different than the other little girls.
(c) She fits in with them.
(d) It is awesome.
15. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
(b) Eating disorders.
(c) Sex and drug abuse.
(d) New beginnings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marya believes that eating disorders are ____________.
2. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
3. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
4. What does Marya begin to crave?
5. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)