|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
2. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Poor people have poor diets.
(b) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
(c) Poor people are born fat.
(d) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
3. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
(b) Sex and drug abuse.
(c) Eating disorders.
(d) New beginnings.
4. What does Marya show the doctor?
(a) Her emotional scars.
(b) Her body perception problems.
(c) Her new outfit.
(d) Scars on her fingers and raw patch on the back of her throat.
5. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) She becomes very sick.
(b) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(c) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(d) Her body aborts her baby.
6. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
(a) To Minnesota.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To Teaxs.
(d) To California.
7. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
(a) Being thin.
(b) Having fun.
(c) Being healthy.
(d) Being Beauitful.
8. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To manipulate each other.
(b) To get money from the government.
(c) To get money from their parents.
(d) To live out their own childhood dreams.
9. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is a costume.
(b) It is wonderful.
(c) It will change when she is older.
(d) It is awful.
10. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
(a) No feelings at all.
11. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With love.
(b) With verbal praise.
(c) With food.
(d) With presents.
12. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
(a) A diabetic reaction.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A seizure.
13. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her father's berating her.
(b) Her experiences with boys.
(c) Her friends' teasing.
(d) Her mother's odd eating habits.
14. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
15. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She takes her mother's medication.
(b) She gets massages.
(c) Spends time with her grandmother.
(d) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
Short Answer Questions
1. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
2. What does Marya begin to crave?
3. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
4. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
5. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)