|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
(a) Send her to live with cousins.
(b) Put her in a foster care home.
(c) Put her in an eating disorder treatment center.
(d) Send her to her grandmother.
2. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Sleep with skanky boys.
(b) Try to do better in schoolk.
(c) Act like a snob.
(d) Talk back to teachers.
3. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(a) Vegetables only.
(c) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
(d) Only fruit and vegetables.
4. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
(b) Talks to her dolls.
(c) Calls her BFF.
(d) Plays video games.
5. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
(a) To Teaxs.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To California.
(d) To Minnesota.
6. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
(a) The doctor who cared for her at Methodist Hospital.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist Hospital.
(d) Another patient from Methodist Hospital.
7. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
(a) Being healthy.
(b) Being thin.
(c) Being Beauitful.
(d) Having fun.
8. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(b) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(c) Her body aborts her baby.
(d) She becomes very sick.
9. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
(a) Patients eating too much.
(b) Patients gaining weight too quickly.
(c) Patients taking laxatives.
(d) Patients throwing up in the bathroom.
10. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
(a) The birth control pill.
(b) Birth Control.
(c) That she could get pregnant from sex.
11. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
(a) They are in control of their bodies.
(b) They are concerned about physical looks only.
(c) They are out of control of their bodies.
(d) You are able to deny yourself food.
12. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
(a) The way it connects her to her body.
(b) The ritual of the bulimia.
(c) The feelings of passion that it arises.
(d) The ability to rid her body of food.
13. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is awful.
(b) It is wonderful.
(c) It will change when she is older.
(d) It is a costume.
14. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With love.
(b) With presents.
(c) With verbal praise.
(d) With food.
15. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Headaches and backaches.
(b) Her anxiety.
(c) Intense sweating.
(d) Her social life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jane and Marya meet?
2. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
3. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
4. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
5. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)