|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(a) No control.
(d) The end of her life.
2. Where else does Marya go to for her disorders?
(a) Chicago's Eating Disorder Clinic.
(b) Teen-Age Medical Services (TAMS) clinic.
(c) Midwest Teen clinic.
(d) Alcoholics Anonymous.
3. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
(a) Wish to control her eating.
(b) Desires to become a great actress.
(c) Lack of confidence.
(d) Ability to become an amazing writer.
4. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
(a) She thinks its wonderful.
(b) She feels good about herself until someone puts her down.
(c) She feels insecure.
(d) She does not feel like one with herself.
5. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) A school counselor.
(c) Her therapist.
(d) A good friend.
6. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) She hates her daughter.
(b) Having Marya was a mistake.
(c) She wishes she could help Marya.
(d) She also used to throw up after eating.
7. How old is Marya when she begins to enter puberty?
8. What does Mayra still struggle with?
(a) Her feelings.
(b) Her eating disorders.
(c) Her insomnia.
(d) Her parents.
9. What does Marya reveal to her psychiatrist?
(a) She hates her body.
(b) She is bulimic.
(c) She is crazy.
(d) She has a lot of unprotected sex.
10. What does Marya show the doctor?
(a) Her new outfit.
(b) Scars on her fingers and raw patch on the back of her throat.
(c) Her emotional scars.
(d) Her body perception problems.
11. What does food do for many people?
(a) Nurtures them.
(b) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(c) Makes them feel very calm.
(d) Makes them fat.
12. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
(a) They are concerned about physical looks only.
(b) You are able to deny yourself food.
(c) They are in control of their bodies.
(d) They are out of control of their bodies.
13. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
(a) Patients throwing up in the bathroom.
(b) Patients gaining weight too quickly.
(c) Patients eating too much.
(d) Patients taking laxatives.
14. What tone is the Interlude written in?
15. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
2. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
3. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
4. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
5. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)