|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
2. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
(a) Her soul.
(b) What she did to her body in the past.
(c) Her mistakes.
(d) How she will react to her past.
3. How do Marya's parents see her?
(a) As a misfit.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a little girl, not a woman.
(d) A troubled girl.
4. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(a) No control.
(c) The end of her life.
5. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Act like a snob.
(b) Talk back to teachers.
(c) Try to do better in schoolk.
(d) Sleep with skanky boys.
6. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
(a) Dr. Travis.
(b) Dr. J.
(c) Dr. T.
(d) Dr. James.
7. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
(a) They are out of control of their bodies.
(b) They are concerned about physical looks only.
(c) You are able to deny yourself food.
(d) They are in control of their bodies.
8. Where else does Marya go to for her disorders?
(a) Chicago's Eating Disorder Clinic.
(b) Teen-Age Medical Services (TAMS) clinic.
(c) Midwest Teen clinic.
(d) Alcoholics Anonymous.
9. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
(a) Wish to control her eating.
(b) Ability to become an amazing writer.
(c) Lack of confidence.
(d) Desires to become a great actress.
10. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With love.
(b) With verbal praise.
(c) With food.
(d) With presents.
11. What does Marya begin to crave?
12. What happens when Jane and Marya meet?
(a) Marya becomes happier.
(b) Marya becomes scared.
(c) Marya believes Jane is having a heart attack.
(d) Marya thinks that Jane is having a stroke.
13. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
(a) She will die.
(b) She will have a seisure.
(c) She will vomit.
(d) She will pass out.
14. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
(a) Help from friends and family.
(b) Pills and positive communication.
15. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
(a) Her writing ability.
(b) Her reading skills.
(c) Her acting skills.
(d) Her makeup skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
2. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
3. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
4. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
5. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)