|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
2. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
(a) You are able to deny yourself food.
(b) They are in control of their bodies.
(c) They are out of control of their bodies.
(d) They are concerned about physical looks only.
3. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
(a) Her mother.
(b) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist Hospital.
(c) Another patient from Methodist Hospital.
(d) The doctor who cared for her at Methodist Hospital.
4. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
(a) She hates her old life.
(b) She misses her old life.
(c) She is looking at a stanger's files.
(d) She hates her family for not helping her sooner.
5. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
(a) Dokter Freud.
(b) A kind soul.
(c) A good mentor.
(d) Her BFF.
6. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) She wishes she could help Marya.
(b) She hates her daughter.
(c) She also used to throw up after eating.
(d) Having Marya was a mistake.
7. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
(a) New beginnings.
(b) Eating disorders.
(d) Sex and drug abuse.
8. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
(a) Anorexia makes other people nervous.
(b) Bulimia is easier to hide.
(c) Bulimia can be sustained for longer.
(d) Bulimia allows a person to give in to a body's desires for a short time.
9. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
(a) The Arts Academy of Michigan.
(b) An arts camp.
(d) An early program for a university.
10. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
(a) October, 1996.
(b) January, 2002.
(c) March, 1998.
(d) September, 1996.
11. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
12. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
(c) She became isolated from others.
(d) She showed no sorrow.
13. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
(a) He is acting nonchalant.
(b) He fails to realize the threat Jane is under.
(c) He reprimands Jane for her behavior.
(d) He is not listening to Jane.
14. What does Mayra still struggle with?
(a) Her parents.
(b) Her insomnia.
(c) Her feelings.
(d) Her eating disorders.
15. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(a) Only fruit and vegetables.
(b) Vegetables only.
(c) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
Short Answer Questions
1. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
2. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
3. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
4. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
5. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)