|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She showed no sorrow.
(b) She became depressed.
(c) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
(d) She became isolated from others.
2. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
(a) Dr. J.
(b) Dr. James.
(c) Dr. T.
(d) Dr. Travis.
3. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) Her life will end.
(b) She will be checked in again.
(c) She will never recover.
(d) She will kill herself.
4. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
(a) How she will react to her past.
(b) What she did to her body in the past.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her mistakes.
5. What does Marya realize about her lies?
(a) Lying created many of her problems.
(b) Lies became a lifestyle.
(c) How obvious her lies were to her friends and family.
(d) How well she lied.
6. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
7. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
(a) Her writing ability.
(b) Her makeup skills.
(c) Her acting skills.
(d) Her reading skills.
8. What tone is the Interlude written in?
9. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Act like a snob.
(b) Try to do better in schoolk.
(c) Talk back to teachers.
(d) Sleep with skanky boys.
10. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To get money from the government.
(b) To get money from their parents.
(c) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(d) To manipulate each other.
11. How do Marya's parents see her?
(a) As a misfit.
(b) As a woman.
(c) A troubled girl.
(d) As a little girl, not a woman.
12. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) Spends time with her grandmother.
(b) She takes her mother's medication.
(c) She gets massages.
(d) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
13. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
(a) A mistake for her to continue.
(b) Too difficult to live.
(c) Too long to live.
(d) She wants someone to care for her in life.
14. Where else does Marya go to for her disorders?
(a) Midwest Teen clinic.
(b) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(c) Teen-Age Medical Services (TAMS) clinic.
(d) Chicago's Eating Disorder Clinic.
15. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A couple of days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Jane and Marya meet?
2. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
3. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
4. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
5. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)