|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To keep up appearances of normalcy, what do Marya's parents do?
(a) Send Marya to boarding school.
(b) Stretch the boundaries of their idea of normal.
(c) Control Marya with all their rules.
(d) Let Marya run the show.
2. What is her current weight?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 115 pounds.
(c) 105 pounds.
(d) 135 pounds.
3. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
4. Instead of going to school, how does Marya spend her time?
(a) With her parents and work.
(b) She goes to her grandparents' house.
(c) Reading articles on the internet.
(d) Reading her books at home.
5. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(b) Her body aborts her baby.
(c) She becomes very sick.
(d) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
6. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
(a) He is not listening to Jane.
(b) He is acting nonchalant.
(c) He fails to realize the threat Jane is under.
(d) He reprimands Jane for her behavior.
7. What does food do for many people?
(a) Nurtures them.
(b) Makes them fat.
(c) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(d) Makes them feel very calm.
8. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
(a) They are out of control of their bodies.
(b) You are able to deny yourself food.
(c) They are in control of their bodies.
(d) They are concerned about physical looks only.
9. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
10. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
(a) Patients throwing up in the bathroom.
(b) Patients eating too much.
(c) Patients taking laxatives.
(d) Patients gaining weight too quickly.
11. What tone is the Interlude written in?
12. How do Marya's parents see her?
(a) A troubled girl.
(b) As a woman.
(c) As a misfit.
(d) As a little girl, not a woman.
13. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
(d) No feelings at all.
14. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
(a) Being Beauitful.
(b) Being thin.
(c) Being healthy.
(d) Having fun.
15. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
(a) A seizure.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) A diabetic reaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
2. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
3. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
4. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
5. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)