|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
(a) Talks to her dolls.
(b) Plays video games.
(c) Calls her BFF.
2. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
(a) The bulimics can never get as skinny as the anorexics.
(b) They pity them.
(c) They are weak.
(d) They treat them like family.
3. To keep up appearances of normalcy, what do Marya's parents do?
(a) Stretch the boundaries of their idea of normal.
(b) Send Marya to boarding school.
(c) Let Marya run the show.
(d) Control Marya with all their rules.
4. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(b) No control.
(d) The end of her life.
5. Where else does Marya go to for her disorders?
(a) Chicago's Eating Disorder Clinic.
(b) Midwest Teen clinic.
(c) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(d) Teen-Age Medical Services (TAMS) clinic.
6. What is her current weight?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 105 pounds.
(d) 115 pounds.
7. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(d) New York.
8. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
9. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
10. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Hate themselves.
(b) Lose weight to be successful.
(c) Deny weight problems.
(d) Create unrealistic expectations.
11. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With verbal praise.
(b) With love.
(c) With food.
(d) With presents.
12. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
(a) January, 2002.
(b) March, 1998.
(c) September, 1996.
(d) October, 1996.
13. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
(a) They throw up more.
(b) They refuse to eat.
(c) Their bodies do not know how to process food.
(d) They are constipated.
14. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A diabetic reaction.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A seizure.
15. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
(a) To make new friends.
(b) To create press for herself and the disease she faces.
(c) Will keep others from having her same experiences.
(d) To make herself feel better about her problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
2. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
3. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
4. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
5. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)