|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
2. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) She wishes she could help Marya.
(b) She also used to throw up after eating.
(c) She hates her daughter.
(d) Having Marya was a mistake.
3. How do Marya's parents see her?
(a) As a little girl, not a woman.
(b) As a misfit.
(c) A troubled girl.
(d) As a woman.
4. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
5. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
(b) Talks to her dolls.
(c) Plays video games.
(d) Calls her BFF.
6. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
(a) No feelings at all.
7. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(c) No control.
(d) The end of her life.
8. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
(a) The bulimics can never get as skinny as the anorexics.
(b) They pity them.
(c) They are weak.
(d) They treat them like family.
9. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
10. Where else does Marya go to for her disorders?
(a) Midwest Teen clinic.
(b) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(c) Chicago's Eating Disorder Clinic.
(d) Teen-Age Medical Services (TAMS) clinic.
11. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
(a) She does not feel like one with herself.
(b) She thinks its wonderful.
(c) She feels good about herself until someone puts her down.
(d) She feels insecure.
12. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her mother's odd eating habits.
(b) Her friends' teasing.
(c) Her experiences with boys.
(d) Her father's berating her.
13. What does the introduction to the story show?
(a) Most people have an eating disorder.
(b) Anorexia has serious consequences.
(c) Eating disorders are not real disorders.
(d) Eating disorders are easily managed.
14. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
15. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Allows her to control men.
(b) Helps her feel a connection to men.
(c) Is pleasurable for her.
(d) Makes her feel trapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
2. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
3. What does Marya show the doctor?
4. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
5. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)