Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
2. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) Six months.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) A couple of days.
3. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She takes her mother's medication.
(b) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(c) She gets massages.
(d) Spends time with her grandmother.
4. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
(a) The ritual of the bulimia.
(b) The way it connects her to her body.
(c) The feelings of passion that it arises.
(d) The ability to rid her body of food.
5. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
(a) She will pass out.
(b) She will die.
(c) She will have a seisure.
(d) She will vomit.
6. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
(a) Sex and drug abuse.
(c) New beginnings.
(d) Eating disorders.
7. What does food do for many people?
(a) Makes them fat.
(b) Nurtures them.
(c) Makes them feel very calm.
(d) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
8. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
(b) Public Relations.
(c) The theatre.
9. What does Marya show the doctor?
(a) Her body perception problems.
(b) Her emotional scars.
(c) Scars on her fingers and raw patch on the back of her throat.
(d) Her new outfit.
10. What does Marya realize about her lies?
(a) Lies became a lifestyle.
(b) How well she lied.
(c) Lying created many of her problems.
(d) How obvious her lies were to her friends and family.
11. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
(a) She hates her family for not helping her sooner.
(b) She is looking at a stanger's files.
(c) She hates her old life.
(d) She misses her old life.
12. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
(a) Bulimia allows a person to give in to a body's desires for a short time.
(b) Bulimia is easier to hide.
(c) Bulimia can be sustained for longer.
(d) Anorexia makes other people nervous.
13. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(b) She becomes very sick.
(c) Her body aborts her baby.
(d) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
14. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She showed no sorrow.
(c) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
(d) She became isolated from others.
15. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Allows her to control men.
(b) Makes her feel trapped.
(c) Helps her feel a connection to men.
(d) Is pleasurable for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
2. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
3. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
4. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
5. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)