|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
(d) No feelings at all.
2. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
(a) Sex and drug abuse.
(b) Eating disorders.
(c) New beginnings.
3. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
(a) A good mentor.
(b) A kind soul.
(c) Dokter Freud.
(d) Her BFF.
4. While in this location, who watches Marya?
(a) The staff.
(b) A group of doctors and nurses.
(c) No one.
(d) A private nurse.
5. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
6. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
(a) 40 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 52 pounds.
(d) 80 pounds.
7. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) She also used to throw up after eating.
(b) She hates her daughter.
(c) Having Marya was a mistake.
(d) She wishes she could help Marya.
8. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
(a) A seizure.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A diabetic reaction.
9. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) Spends time with her grandmother.
(b) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(c) She gets massages.
(d) She takes her mother's medication.
10. What does Marya realize about her lies?
(a) How obvious her lies were to her friends and family.
(b) Lies became a lifestyle.
(c) Lying created many of her problems.
(d) How well she lied.
11. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(a) The end of her life.
(d) No control.
12. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
(a) The ritual of the bulimia.
(b) The way it connects her to her body.
(c) The ability to rid her body of food.
(d) The feelings of passion that it arises.
13. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
(a) It is awesome.
(b) She fits in with them.
(c) It is different than the other little girls.
(d) She is not as coordinated.
14. Marya's mother thinks __________ is responsible for Marya's eating disorder.
(c) Marya's grandmother.
(d) Her father.
15. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the introduction to the story show?
2. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
3. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
4. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
5. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)