|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(d) New York.
2. Instead of going to school, how does Marya spend her time?
(a) She goes to her grandparents' house.
(b) Reading articles on the internet.
(c) With her parents and work.
(d) Reading her books at home.
3. What tone is the Interlude written in?
4. What is her current weight?
(a) 150 pounds.
(b) 105 pounds.
(c) 115 pounds.
(d) 135 pounds.
5. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
(a) Put her in an eating disorder treatment center.
(b) Put her in a foster care home.
(c) Send her to her grandmother.
(d) Send her to live with cousins.
6. Marya believes that eating disorders are ____________.
(a) A way to be perfect.
7. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is a costume.
(b) It is wonderful.
(c) It will change when she is older.
(d) It is awful.
8. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
9. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
(a) An early program for a university.
(b) The Arts Academy of Michigan.
(d) An arts camp.
10. What happens when Jane and Marya meet?
(a) Marya thinks that Jane is having a stroke.
(b) Marya believes Jane is having a heart attack.
(c) Marya becomes scared.
(d) Marya becomes happier.
11. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) A good friend.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her therapist.
(d) A school counselor.
12. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her friends' teasing.
(b) Her experiences with boys.
(c) Her mother's odd eating habits.
(d) Her father's berating her.
13. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
(a) Minneapolis, Minnesota.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
14. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Try to do better in schoolk.
(b) Act like a snob.
(c) Sleep with skanky boys.
(d) Talk back to teachers.
15. What does food do for many people?
(a) Nurtures them.
(b) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(c) Makes them fat.
(d) Makes them feel very calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Marya's parents see her?
2. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
3. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
4. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
5. What does Mayra's mother admit?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)