|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
(a) They are weak.
(b) The bulimics can never get as skinny as the anorexics.
(c) They treat them like family.
(d) They pity them.
2. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She showed no sorrow.
(b) She became depressed.
(c) She became isolated from others.
(d) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
3. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
4. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
(b) Poor people have poor diets.
(c) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
(d) Poor people are born fat.
5. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
(a) Talks to her dolls.
(b) Plays video games.
(d) Calls her BFF.
6. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
(a) It is different than the other little girls.
(b) She is not as coordinated.
(c) She fits in with them.
(d) It is awesome.
7. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
(a) She will pass out.
(b) She will die.
(c) She will vomit.
(d) She will have a seisure.
8. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) A month.
9. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Minneapolis, Minnesota.
(d) New Orleans, Louisiana.
10. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
(a) A seizure.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A diabetic reaction.
11. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
(a) To create press for herself and the disease she faces.
(b) Will keep others from having her same experiences.
(c) To make new friends.
(d) To make herself feel better about her problem.
12. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
13. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
(a) She would often fall.
(b) She would hit others.
(c) She would cough up blood.
(d) She would bite her fingernails.
14. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To manipulate each other.
(b) To get money from their parents.
(c) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(d) To get money from the government.
15. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
Short Answer Questions
1. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
2. What is her current weight?
3. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
4. What does Marya begin to crave?
5. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)