|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
(a) She hates her old life.
(b) She is looking at a stanger's files.
(c) She hates her family for not helping her sooner.
(d) She misses her old life.
2. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
3. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
(a) To make new friends.
(b) Will keep others from having her same experiences.
(c) To make herself feel better about her problem.
(d) To create press for herself and the disease she faces.
4. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) She will never recover.
(b) She will kill herself.
(c) Her life will end.
(d) She will be checked in again.
5. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
(a) Minneapolis, Minnesota.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
6. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
(a) Lack of confidence.
(b) Ability to become an amazing writer.
(c) Desires to become a great actress.
(d) Wish to control her eating.
7. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) A month.
(b) A year.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) Six months.
8. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(a) The end of her life.
(c) No control.
9. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
(a) Help from friends and family.
(b) Pills and positive communication.
10. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(a) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
(c) Only fruit and vegetables.
(d) Vegetables only.
11. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
(a) Patients eating too much.
(b) Patients gaining weight too quickly.
(c) Patients throwing up in the bathroom.
(d) Patients taking laxatives.
12. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
(b) She wants to do what her friends do.
(c) They are the cool thing to have at school.
(d) They give her control over her body.
13. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
(a) Her writing ability.
(b) Her reading skills.
(c) Her makeup skills.
(d) Her acting skills.
14. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
(a) Dr. T.
(b) Dr. J.
(c) Dr. Travis.
(d) Dr. James.
15. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
2. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
3. While in this location, who watches Marya?
4. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
5. What does Mayra still struggle with?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)