|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(a) Vegetables only.
(b) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
(d) Only fruit and vegetables.
2. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
3. While in this location, who watches Marya?
(a) No one.
(b) A group of doctors and nurses.
(c) The staff.
(d) A private nurse.
4. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
5. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
(a) Dr. Travis.
(b) Dr. James.
(c) Dr. T.
(d) Dr. J.
6. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
7. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
(b) No feelings at all.
8. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
(a) Pills and positive communication.
(d) Help from friends and family.
9. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
(a) She hates her old life.
(b) She is looking at a stanger's files.
(c) She misses her old life.
(d) She hates her family for not helping her sooner.
10. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
(a) 40 pounds.
(b) 80 pounds.
(c) 52 pounds.
(d) 100 pounds.
11. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
(a) He is not listening to Jane.
(b) He fails to realize the threat Jane is under.
(c) He reprimands Jane for her behavior.
(d) He is acting nonchalant.
12. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
(a) She would hit others.
(b) She would cough up blood.
(c) She would often fall.
(d) She would bite her fingernails.
13. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With love.
(b) With presents.
(c) With food.
(d) With verbal praise.
14. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
(b) She was sexually abused.
(c) She does not like for people to get close to her.
(d) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
15. How old is Marya when she begins to enter puberty?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
2. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
3. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
4. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
5. What tone is the Interlude written in?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)