|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
(a) Put her in an eating disorder treatment center.
(b) Send her to live with cousins.
(c) Put her in a foster care home.
(d) Send her to her grandmother.
2. Where else does Marya go to for her disorders?
(a) Alcoholics Anonymous.
(b) Teen-Age Medical Services (TAMS) clinic.
(c) Midwest Teen clinic.
(d) Chicago's Eating Disorder Clinic.
3. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
(b) Poor people have poor diets.
(c) Poor people are born fat.
(d) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
4. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
(a) The food she gets to eat.
(b) The routine that she is given.
(c) Her new friends.
(d) Her new clothes.
5. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
(a) The doctor who cared for her at Methodist Hospital.
(b) Another patient from Methodist Hospital.
(c) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist Hospital.
(d) Her mother.
6. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(b) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(c) She becomes very sick.
(d) Her body aborts her baby.
7. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
(a) A good mentor.
(b) Dokter Freud.
(c) A kind soul.
(d) Her BFF.
8. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
(b) Public Relations.
(c) The theatre.
9. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
(a) She misses her old life.
(b) She hates her family for not helping her sooner.
(c) She is looking at a stanger's files.
(d) She hates her old life.
10. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Headaches and backaches.
(b) Intense sweating.
(c) Her social life.
(d) Her anxiety.
11. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her father's berating her.
(b) Her experiences with boys.
(c) Her friends' teasing.
(d) Her mother's odd eating habits.
12. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
(a) Talks to her dolls.
(b) Calls her BFF.
(c) Plays video games.
13. What does Mayra still struggle with?
(a) Her feelings.
(b) Her insomnia.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her eating disorders.
14. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
(a) They refuse to eat.
(b) They are constipated.
(c) Their bodies do not know how to process food.
(d) They throw up more.
15. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) A school counselor.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) A good friend.
(d) Her therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
2. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
3. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
4. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
5. What happens at therapy with her parents?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)