|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
(a) Her makeup skills.
(b) Her reading skills.
(c) Her acting skills.
(d) Her writing ability.
2. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
3. To keep up appearances of normalcy, what do Marya's parents do?
(a) Stretch the boundaries of their idea of normal.
(b) Control Marya with all their rules.
(c) Let Marya run the show.
(d) Send Marya to boarding school.
4. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
(a) An early program for a university.
(c) The Arts Academy of Michigan.
(d) An arts camp.
5. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
6. What tone is the Interlude written in?
7. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
8. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) Having Marya was a mistake.
(b) She also used to throw up after eating.
(c) She hates her daughter.
(d) She wishes she could help Marya.
9. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
(a) Her soul.
(b) Her mistakes.
(c) What she did to her body in the past.
(d) How she will react to her past.
10. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(b) The end of her life.
(c) No control.
11. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
(a) He is acting nonchalant.
(b) He is not listening to Jane.
(c) He fails to realize the threat Jane is under.
(d) He reprimands Jane for her behavior.
12. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
(a) She feels insecure.
(b) She does not feel like one with herself.
(c) She thinks its wonderful.
(d) She feels good about herself until someone puts her down.
13. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
14. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
(a) Put her in a foster care home.
(b) Send her to her grandmother.
(c) Put her in an eating disorder treatment center.
(d) Send her to live with cousins.
15. What is her current weight?
(a) 105 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 150 pounds.
(d) 115 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
2. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
3. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
4. What does Marya begin to crave?
5. When looking through her old files, what does Marya think?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)