|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
(a) She feels insecure.
(b) She thinks its wonderful.
(c) She feels good about herself until someone puts her down.
(d) She does not feel like one with herself.
2. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
3. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
(a) Being healthy.
(b) Being Beauitful.
(c) Being thin.
(d) Having fun.
4. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
(a) Bulimia is easier to hide.
(b) Bulimia allows a person to give in to a body's desires for a short time.
(c) Anorexia makes other people nervous.
(d) Bulimia can be sustained for longer.
5. What does Marya show the doctor?
(a) Scars on her fingers and raw patch on the back of her throat.
(b) Her new outfit.
(c) Her emotional scars.
(d) Her body perception problems.
6. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
(a) That she could get pregnant from sex.
(b) Birth Control.
(c) The birth control pill.
7. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
(a) She would hit others.
(b) She would cough up blood.
(c) She would bite her fingernails.
(d) She would often fall.
8. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
(a) Minneapolis, Minnesota.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
9. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They give her control over her body.
(b) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
(c) She wants to do what her friends do.
(d) They are the cool thing to have at school.
10. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
(a) How she will react to her past.
(b) What she did to her body in the past.
(c) Her soul.
(d) Her mistakes.
11. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(b) New York.
12. What does Marya realize about her lies?
(a) Lies became a lifestyle.
(b) How well she lied.
(c) Lying created many of her problems.
(d) How obvious her lies were to her friends and family.
13. What does Marya reveal to her psychiatrist?
(a) She is crazy.
(b) She has a lot of unprotected sex.
(c) She is bulimic.
(d) She hates her body.
14. What does Mayra still struggle with?
(a) Her feelings.
(b) Her insomnia.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her eating disorders.
15. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) A month.
(b) Six months.
(c) A year.
(d) A couple of days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at therapy with her parents?
2. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
3. What is not enough to cure eating disorders?
4. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
5. What does Marya believe about her body?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)