|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of going to school, how does Marya spend her time?
(a) Reading articles on the internet.
(b) She goes to her grandparents' house.
(c) With her parents and work.
(d) Reading her books at home.
2. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) She will kill herself.
(b) She will never recover.
(c) Her life will end.
(d) She will be checked in again.
3. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(b) Only fruit and vegetables.
(c) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
(d) Vegetables only.
4. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her friends' teasing.
(b) Her experiences with boys.
(c) Her mother's odd eating habits.
(d) Her father's berating her.
5. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is a costume.
(b) It will change when she is older.
(c) It is awful.
(d) It is wonderful.
6. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
(a) A kind soul.
(b) Her BFF.
(c) A good mentor.
(d) Dokter Freud.
7. What does Marya begin to crave?
8. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
(a) To make new friends.
(b) To make herself feel better about her problem.
(c) Will keep others from having her same experiences.
(d) To create press for herself and the disease she faces.
9. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
10. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(b) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(c) Her body aborts her baby.
(d) She becomes very sick.
11. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
12. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
(a) Her makeup skills.
(b) Her reading skills.
(c) Her writing ability.
(d) Her acting skills.
13. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
(a) Without the consent of others.
(b) In their bodies.
(c) With full control.
(d) Without their bodies.
14. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Create unrealistic expectations.
(b) Lose weight to be successful.
(c) Hate themselves.
(d) Deny weight problems.
15. What is her current weight?
(a) 135 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 115 pounds.
(d) 105 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mayra's mother admit?
2. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
3. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
4. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
5. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)