|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
(a) Her fear of the dentist.
(b) Her feelings toward all doctors.
(c) Her ambivalent feelings of being touched.
(d) Her eating disorders.
2. In the Afterword, Marya is having difficulty with ___________.
(a) Talking to others about her pain.
(b) Hurting those she loves.
(c) Feeling sorry for herself.
(d) Writing her story.
3. Though Marya has recovered, what tendencies does she have?
(a) She still has depressive tendencies.
(b) She still has manic episodes.
(c) She creates internal crises sometimes.
(d) She still has anorexic tendencies.
4. What does food do for many people?
(a) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(b) Makes them fat.
(c) Makes them feel very calm.
(d) Nurtures them.
5. What does Marya realize that her eating disorders have done to her body?
(a) Made her more attractive.
(b) Caused her to become stronger.
(c) Made her look the best she has ever looked.
(d) Made her unattractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
2. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
3. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
4. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
5. What is the tone of this Interlude?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)