|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
(a) Patients taking laxatives.
(b) Patients eating too much.
(c) Patients gaining weight too quickly.
(d) Patients throwing up in the bathroom.
2. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
(a) She is caught in a lie.
(b) She is too thin.
(c) The pipes burst from all of her purging.
(d) They hear her throwing up in the bathroom.
3. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They give her control over her body.
(b) They are the cool thing to have at school.
(c) She wants to do what her friends do.
(d) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
4. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
(a) It is different than the other little girls.
(b) She is not as coordinated.
(c) It is awesome.
(d) She fits in with them.
5. What does Marya realize makes her strong?
(b) Playing with men's emotions.
(c) Determination to take control of the eating disorder.
(d) The feelings of power other people give her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What places should Marya try to avoid?
2. Where does Marya decide to go to school?
3. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
4. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
5. Though Marya has recovered, what tendencies does she have?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)