|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Create unrealistic expectations.
(b) Hate themselves.
(c) Deny weight problems.
(d) Lose weight to be successful.
2. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
(a) Her feelings toward all doctors.
(b) Her eating disorders.
(c) Her ambivalent feelings of being touched.
(d) Her fear of the dentist.
3. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
(a) He is acting nonchalant.
(b) He reprimands Jane for her behavior.
(c) He fails to realize the threat Jane is under.
(d) He is not listening to Jane.
4. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
(a) Her new friends.
(b) The food she gets to eat.
(c) The routine that she is given.
(d) Her new clothes.
5. Now, why does Marya think her problems started again?
(a) She wanted them to happen again.
(b) Being in her parents' house causes her to regress.
(c) She was too tired to fight.
(d) Eating causes her to feel sad and guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mayra feel while at this place?
2. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
3. What does Mayra's mother admit?
4. Because of the seriousness of her condition, what must Marya endure?
5. What happens at therapy with her parents?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)