|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It will change when she is older.
(b) It is a costume.
(c) It is awful.
(d) It is wonderful.
2. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
3. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She does not like for people to get close to her.
(b) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
(c) She was sexually abused.
(d) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
4. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Her anxiety.
(b) Her social life.
(c) Intense sweating.
(d) Headaches and backaches.
5. What does food do for many people?
(a) Makes them fat.
(b) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(c) Makes them feel very calm.
(d) Nurtures them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
2. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
3. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
4. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
5. Instead of focusing on getting better, what does Mayra practice while at Methodist's Treatment center?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)