|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mayra moves out of her parents' house, what does she stop doing?
(a) Eating altogether.
(b) Going to therapy.
(d) Making new friends.
2. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She was sexually abused.
(b) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
(c) She does not like for people to get close to her.
(d) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
3. Why does Marya want to stay where she is?
(a) It provides her with a sense of security.
(b) She is afraid that she will be scorned elsewhere.
(c) She likes her bedroom there.
(d) She likes the friends she has made.
4. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(b) How skinny Marya has gotten.
(c) Marya is having tremors.
(d) Marya is numb to feelings.
5. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
(a) They are out of control of their bodies.
(b) You are able to deny yourself food.
(c) They are concerned about physical looks only.
(d) They are in control of their bodies.
Short Answer Questions
1. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
2. Whom does Marya meet at school?
3. What tone is the Interlude written in?
4. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
5. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)