|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She does not like for people to get close to her.
(b) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
(c) She was sexually abused.
(d) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
2. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
(a) She is afraid of her parents finding out.
(b) She thinks she looks fat.
(c) She realizes what she has done.
(d) She realizes that her problems are still not solved.
3. After she cuts all of her hair off, what does Marya realize?
(a) She can never change her mental state.
(b) She has lost all control over her impulses.
(c) She is in control of her body.
(d) She hates herself.
4. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) A good friend.
(c) Her therapist.
(d) A school counselor.
5. When Marya's parents come home from their first trip, what do they find?
(a) The toilet is clogged with vomit.
(b) The house is a complete mess.
(c) Marya is very thin.
(d) The man Marya had sex with.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Marya move in with when she turns eighteen?
2. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
3. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
4. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
5. When Marya practices anorexia, how does she feel?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)