|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 Lockup - Minneapolis (1991).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Marya when she begins to enter puberty?
2. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She showed no sorrow.
(c) She became isolated from others.
(d) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
3. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
(a) They pity them.
(b) They treat them like family.
(c) The bulimics can never get as skinny as the anorexics.
(d) They are weak.
4. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Makes her feel trapped.
(b) Helps her feel a connection to men.
(c) Allows her to control men.
(d) Is pleasurable for her.
5. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
(a) Ability to become an amazing writer.
(b) Desires to become a great actress.
(c) Wish to control her eating.
(d) Lack of confidence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
2. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
3. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
4. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
5. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)