|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 Lockup - Minneapolis (1991).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya show the doctor?
(a) Her new outfit.
(b) Her emotional scars.
(c) Her body perception problems.
(d) Scars on her fingers and raw patch on the back of her throat.
2. What lie does Mayra create to leave?
(a) She says that someone in the treatment center has been abusing her.
(b) She promises not to abuse herself anymore.
(c) She needs to be with her parents to survive.
(d) She says she was sexually abused as a child.
3. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
4. How does Marya chicken out and not take advantage of her opportunity to get better?
(a) She drinks massive amounts or water and hides laxatives.
(b) She takes advantage of her new opportunity to grow.
(c) She hides behind the friends she makes.
(d) She refuses to leave her room.
5. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
(a) Patients throwing up in the bathroom.
(b) Patients gaining weight too quickly.
(c) Patients taking laxatives.
(d) Patients eating too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
2. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
3. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
4. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
5. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)