|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 6 Lockup - Minneapolis (1991).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Makes her feel trapped.
(b) Helps her feel a connection to men.
(c) Is pleasurable for her.
(d) Allows her to control men.
2. Marya believes that eating disorders are ____________.
(c) A way to be perfect.
3. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
(a) Her mistakes.
(b) What she did to her body in the past.
(c) Her soul.
(d) How she will react to her past.
4. To keep up appearances of normalcy, what do Marya's parents do?
(a) Send Marya to boarding school.
(b) Let Marya run the show.
(c) Stretch the boundaries of their idea of normal.
(d) Control Marya with all their rules.
5. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She was sexually abused.
(b) She does not like for people to get close to her.
(c) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
(d) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
2. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
3. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
4. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
5. If Marya does not eat, what will happen?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)