|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 4 Methodist Hospital, Take 1 (Summer 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) Her body aborts her baby.
(b) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(c) She becomes very sick.
(d) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
2. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is a costume.
(b) It is awful.
(c) It will change when she is older.
(d) It is wonderful.
3. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) She will be checked in again.
(b) She will never recover.
(c) Her life will end.
(d) She will kill herself.
4. Marya's mother thinks __________ is responsible for Marya's eating disorder.
(a) Her father.
(b) Marya's grandmother.
5. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With presents.
(b) With love.
(c) With food.
(d) With verbal praise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
2. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
3. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
4. How do Marya's parents see her?
5. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)