|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 4 Methodist Hospital, Take 1 (Summer 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
(a) Another patient from Methodist Hospital.
(b) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist Hospital.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The doctor who cared for her at Methodist Hospital.
2. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
(a) She would bite her fingernails.
(b) She would hit others.
(c) She would cough up blood.
(d) She would often fall.
3. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) Six months.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
4. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(b) She becomes very sick.
(c) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(d) Her body aborts her baby.
5. What does food do for many people?
(a) Nurtures them.
(b) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(c) Makes them fat.
(d) Makes them feel very calm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mayra still struggle with?
2. What tone is the Interlude written in?
3. Marya believes that eating disorders are ____________.
4. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
5. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)