|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 4 Methodist Hospital, Take 1 (Summer 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(a) No control.
(d) The end of her life.
2. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
(a) Being healthy.
(b) Being thin.
(c) Being Beauitful.
(d) Having fun.
3. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(b) She takes her mother's medication.
(c) She gets massages.
(d) Spends time with her grandmother.
4. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
(a) The birth control pill.
(b) Birth Control.
(d) That she could get pregnant from sex.
5. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With presents.
(b) With verbal praise.
(c) With love.
(d) With food.
Short Answer Questions
1. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
2. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
3. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
4. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
5. What does the introduction to the story show?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)