|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 4 Methodist Hospital, Take 1 (Summer 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Sleep with skanky boys.
(b) Act like a snob.
(c) Talk back to teachers.
(d) Try to do better in schoolk.
2. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
3. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
(a) She can be whatever she wants.
(b) All of her dreams will come true.
(c) To keep dreaming.
(d) To be more realistic.
4. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A stroke.
(c) A diabetic reaction.
(d) A seizure.
5. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
(b) The theatre.
(c) Public Relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
2. What tone is the Interlude written in?
3. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
4. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
5. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)