|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 4 Methodist Hospital, Take 1 (Summer 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They are the cool thing to have at school.
(b) She wants to do what her friends do.
(c) They give her control over her body.
(d) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
2. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
(a) 80 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 40 pounds.
(d) 52 pounds.
3. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
(a) Calls her BFF.
(b) Talks to her dolls.
(d) Plays video games.
4. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(d) New York.
5. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
(a) She is not as coordinated.
(b) It is awesome.
(c) She fits in with them.
(d) It is different than the other little girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Marya when she begins to enter puberty?
2. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
3. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
4. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
5. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)