|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 4 Methodist Hospital, Take 1 (Summer 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To get money from the government.
(b) To manipulate each other.
(c) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(d) To get money from their parents.
2. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
(a) Dr. T.
(b) Dr. J.
(c) Dr. Travis.
(d) Dr. James.
3. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
(a) He is acting nonchalant.
(b) He reprimands Jane for her behavior.
(c) He is not listening to Jane.
(d) He fails to realize the threat Jane is under.
4. What does the introduction to the story show?
(a) Most people have an eating disorder.
(b) Eating disorders are not real disorders.
(c) Eating disorders are easily managed.
(d) Anorexia has serious consequences.
5. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
(a) Another patient from Methodist Hospital.
(b) Kathi, the nurse from Methodist Hospital.
(c) The doctor who cared for her at Methodist Hospital.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mayra still struggle with?
2. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
3. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
4. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
5. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)