|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 4 Methodist Hospital, Take 1 (Summer 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
(a) She feels insecure.
(b) She does not feel like one with herself.
(c) She feels good about herself until someone puts her down.
(d) She thinks its wonderful.
2. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Deny weight problems.
(b) Hate themselves.
(c) Create unrealistic expectations.
(d) Lose weight to be successful.
3. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
(a) In their bodies.
(b) Without their bodies.
(c) Without the consent of others.
(d) With full control.
4. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
(a) She will vomit.
(b) She will pass out.
(c) She will have a seisure.
(d) She will die.
5. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is a costume.
(b) It is wonderful.
(c) It is awful.
(d) It will change when she is older.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
2. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
3. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
4. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
5. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)