|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She was sexually abused.
(b) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
(c) She does not like for people to get close to her.
(d) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
2. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(b) No control.
(c) The end of her life.
3. When was the first Interlude of the book written?
(a) September, 1996.
(b) March, 1998.
(c) January, 2002.
(d) October, 1996.
4. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) Six months.
(c) A month.
(d) A year.
5. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
(b) Eating disorders.
(c) New beginnings.
(d) Sex and drug abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
2. While doing research for this book, Marya spoke to _____________.
3. What is her current weight?
4. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
5. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)