|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(b) No control.
(d) The end of her life.
2. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She was sexually abused.
(b) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
(c) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
(d) She does not like for people to get close to her.
3. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is wonderful.
(b) It will change when she is older.
(c) It is a costume.
(d) It is awful.
4. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
(a) 52 pounds.
(b) 40 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 80 pounds.
5. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) Having Marya was a mistake.
(b) She hates her daughter.
(c) She wishes she could help Marya.
(d) She also used to throw up after eating.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
2. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
3. What happens when Jane and Marya meet?
4. What doctor will not help Marya at Methodist?
5. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)