|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
(b) No feelings at all.
2. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Her anxiety.
(b) Her social life.
(c) Headaches and backaches.
(d) Intense sweating.
3. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
(a) Bulimia can be sustained for longer.
(b) Bulimia is easier to hide.
(c) Anorexia makes other people nervous.
(d) Bulimia allows a person to give in to a body's desires for a short time.
4. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She takes her mother's medication.
(b) She gets massages.
(c) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(d) Spends time with her grandmother.
5. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(a) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
(b) Only fruit and vegetables.
(c) Vegetables only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
2. What does Marya realize about her lies?
3. What does the introduction to the story show?
4. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
5. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)