|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) A couple of days.
(d) A month.
2. What does food do for many people?
(a) Nurtures them.
(b) Makes them feel very calm.
(c) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(d) Makes them fat.
3. As a result of her eating disorder, what would often happen to Marya?
(a) She would hit others.
(b) She would bite her fingernails.
(c) She would often fall.
(d) She would cough up blood.
4. As a girl, how did Marya react to the way she was treating her body?
(a) She became depressed.
(b) She hated herself for treating her body poorly.
(c) She became isolated from others.
(d) She showed no sorrow.
5. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Intense sweating.
(b) Her social life.
(c) Her anxiety.
(d) Headaches and backaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
2. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
3. How old is Marya when she begins to enter puberty?
4. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
5. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)