|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
(a) To create press for herself and the disease she faces.
(b) To make herself feel better about her problem.
(c) To make new friends.
(d) Will keep others from having her same experiences.
2. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
(a) Bulimia is easier to hide.
(b) Anorexia makes other people nervous.
(c) Bulimia allows a person to give in to a body's desires for a short time.
(d) Bulimia can be sustained for longer.
3. Many girls in the Interlochen community supported Marya's ______.
(a) Wish to control her eating.
(b) Lack of confidence.
(c) Desires to become a great actress.
(d) Ability to become an amazing writer.
4. Where is Methodist Hospital located?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) New Orleans, Louisiana.
(c) Minneapolis, Minnesota.
(d) Atlanta, Georgia.
5. What does the introduction to the story show?
(a) Eating disorders are not real disorders.
(b) Most people have an eating disorder.
(c) Eating disorders are easily managed.
(d) Anorexia has serious consequences.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
2. What does Marya begin to crave?
3. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
4. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
5. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)