|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 Bulimia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Mayra when she became bulimic?
2. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) Having Marya was a mistake.
(b) She hates her daughter.
(c) She wishes she could help Marya.
(d) She also used to throw up after eating.
3. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) Spends time with her grandmother.
(b) She gets massages.
(c) She takes her mother's medication.
(d) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
4. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Is pleasurable for her.
(b) Makes her feel trapped.
(c) Allows her to control men.
(d) Helps her feel a connection to men.
5. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) Her therapist.
(b) A good friend.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) A school counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
2. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
3. Where industry did Mayra's parents work in?
4. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
5. To keep up appearances of normalcy, what do Marya's parents do?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)