|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 Bulimia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does food do for many people?
(a) Makes them fat.
(b) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(c) Makes them feel very calm.
(d) Nurtures them.
2. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
(a) To be more realistic.
(b) All of her dreams will come true.
(c) To keep dreaming.
(d) She can be whatever she wants.
3. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
4. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She does not like for people to get close to her.
(b) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
(c) She was sexually abused.
(d) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
5. What does the introduction to the story show?
(a) Anorexia has serious consequences.
(b) Eating disorders are easily managed.
(c) Eating disorders are not real disorders.
(d) Most people have an eating disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
2. What does Marya reveal to her psychiatrist?
3. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
4. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
5. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)