|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 Bulimia - Minnesota (1982-1989).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Act like a snob.
(b) Sleep with skanky boys.
(c) Try to do better in schoolk.
(d) Talk back to teachers.
2. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She takes her mother's medication.
(b) She gets massages.
(c) Spends time with her grandmother.
(d) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
3. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her friends' teasing.
(b) Her mother's odd eating habits.
(c) Her experiences with boys.
(d) Her father's berating her.
4. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
(a) She does not feel like one with herself.
(b) She thinks its wonderful.
(c) She feels insecure.
(d) She feels good about herself until someone puts her down.
5. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
(b) Poor people have poor diets.
(c) Poor people are born fat.
(d) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
2. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
3. What does food do for many people?
4. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
5. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)