|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 Bulimia - Minnesota (1982-1989).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
(a) It is awesome.
(b) She is not as coordinated.
(c) It is different than the other little girls.
(d) She fits in with them.
2. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
(b) Poor people have poor diets.
(c) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
(d) Poor people are born fat.
3. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To manipulate each other.
(b) To get money from their parents.
(c) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(d) To get money from the government.
4. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her father's berating her.
(b) Her experiences with boys.
(c) Her friends' teasing.
(d) Her mother's odd eating habits.
5. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
(a) Act like a snob.
(b) Try to do better in schoolk.
(c) Sleep with skanky boys.
(d) Talk back to teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
2. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
3. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
4. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
5. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)