|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 Bulimia - Minnesota (1982-1989).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With verbal praise.
(b) With love.
(c) With presents.
(d) With food.
2. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
(a) To make new friends.
(b) Will keep others from having her same experiences.
(c) To create press for herself and the disease she faces.
(d) To make herself feel better about her problem.
3. Instead of going to school, how does Marya spend her time?
(a) With her parents and work.
(b) Reading her books at home.
(c) Reading articles on the internet.
(d) She goes to her grandparents' house.
4. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They give her control over her body.
(b) She wants to do what her friends do.
(c) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
(d) They are the cool thing to have at school.
5. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
(a) 80 pounds.
(b) 52 pounds.
(c) 100 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
2. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
3. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
4. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
5. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)