|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 2 Bulimia - Minnesota (1982-1989).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is a costume.
(b) It will change when she is older.
(c) It is wonderful.
(d) It is awful.
2. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(b) To manipulate each other.
(c) To get money from the government.
(d) To get money from their parents.
3. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
(b) Talks to her dolls.
(c) Calls her BFF.
(d) Plays video games.
4. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
(b) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
(c) She was sexually abused.
(d) She does not like for people to get close to her.
5. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) Spends time with her grandmother.
(b) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(c) She gets massages.
(d) She takes her mother's medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
2. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
3. What does food do for many people?
4. How old is Marya when she becomes a fully developed woman?
5. How long does Marya wait to tell her mother she started her period?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)