|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Hate themselves.
(b) Deny weight problems.
(c) Lose weight to be successful.
(d) Create unrealistic expectations.
2. What keeps Marya eating?
(a) Her dark passenger.
(b) Her husband's will.
(c) The doctors from the hospital.
(d) She realizes what it is like to be a healthy human being.
3. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
(a) Her cousins.
(b) The cops.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her step-brothers.
4. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(b) Spends time with her grandmother.
(c) She gets massages.
(d) She takes her mother's medication.
5. What lie does Mayra create to leave?
(a) She promises not to abuse herself anymore.
(b) She needs to be with her parents to survive.
(c) She says that someone in the treatment center has been abusing her.
(d) She says she was sexually abused as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
2. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
3. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
4. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
5. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)