|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya show the doctor?
(a) Scars on her fingers and raw patch on the back of her throat.
(b) Her body perception problems.
(c) Her emotional scars.
(d) Her new outfit.
2. What does Marya's visit to Methodist Hospital foreshadow?
(a) She will kill herself.
(b) Her life will end.
(c) She will be checked in again.
(d) She will never recover.
3. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Lose weight to be successful.
(b) Deny weight problems.
(c) Create unrealistic expectations.
(d) Hate themselves.
4. When Marya's parents come home from their first trip, what do they find?
(a) The house is a complete mess.
(b) Marya is very thin.
(c) The man Marya had sex with.
(d) The toilet is clogged with vomit.
5. Because of the seriousness of her condition, what must Marya endure?
(a) Twenty-four hour surveillance.
(b) A straight jacket.
(c) Random searches.
(d) Cruelty of other patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
2. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
3. Where does Marya decide to go to school?
4. What does she worry about?
5. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)