|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
(a) All of her dreams will come true.
(b) She can be whatever she wants.
(c) To be more realistic.
(d) To keep dreaming.
2. How do Marya's parents see her?
(a) As a woman.
(b) As a misfit.
(c) A troubled girl.
(d) As a little girl, not a woman.
3. What happens at therapy with her parents?
(a) Marya places the blame on her mother.
(b) Her parents fight and blame Marya.
(c) The parents begin to understand Marya's real problem.
(d) Marya realizes her parents are not to blame.
4. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
(a) She can feel her anorexic body returning.
(b) She is able to control herself and her weight.
(c) She is on her way to recovery.
(d) It means she is dying, which she wants.
5. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(b) Only fruit and vegetables.
(c) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
(d) Vegetables only.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Marya find herself in 1991?
2. While in this location, who watches Marya?
3. As a child, Marya feels as though she is scared of____________.
4. Whose instructions are not being followed?
5. What book informs Marya's decision to become anorexic?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)