|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
(a) Ability to write.
(d) Ability to walk.
2. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Create unrealistic expectations.
(b) Deny weight problems.
(c) Hate themselves.
(d) Lose weight to be successful.
3. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
(a) Will keep others from having her same experiences.
(b) To make herself feel better about her problem.
(c) To create press for herself and the disease she faces.
(d) To make new friends.
4. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
(a) Her new friends.
(b) The food she gets to eat.
(c) The routine that she is given.
(d) Her new clothes.
5. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To get money from the government.
(b) To manipulate each other.
(c) To get money from their parents.
(d) To live out their own childhood dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya have to live with everyday?
2. What keeps Marya eating?
3. To Marya, what goes hand and hand with being rich or wealthy?
4. Whom does Marya move in with when she turns eighteen?
5. How old is Marya when she begins to enter puberty?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)