|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of Marya's rituals?
(a) Only eating when she has performed certain tasks.
(b) Waiting until her parents have left to eat.
(c) Washing her hands constantly and straightening her space.
(d) Working too much and forgetting to eat.
2. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(a) Vegetables only.
(b) Only fruit and vegetables.
(c) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
3. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
(a) She can be whatever she wants.
(b) To be more realistic.
(c) To keep dreaming.
(d) All of her dreams will come true.
4. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
(a) No, only in poverty stricken areas.
(b) No, only in a few homes.
(c) Yes, in homes all over America.
(d) No, only in affluent homes.
5. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is awful.
(b) It will change when she is older.
(c) It is a costume.
(d) It is wonderful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
2. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
3. How old is Marya when she begins to enter puberty?
4. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
5. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)