|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3 The Actor's Part - Michigan (1989 - 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya reveal to her psychiatrist?
(a) She hates her body.
(b) She has a lot of unprotected sex.
(c) She is bulimic.
(d) She is crazy.
2. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To manipulate each other.
(b) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(c) To get money from their parents.
(d) To get money from the government.
3. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
(b) She was sexually abused.
(c) She does not like for people to get close to her.
(d) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
4. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) Spends time with her grandmother.
(b) She gets massages.
(c) She takes her mother's medication.
(d) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
5. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
(a) She can be whatever she wants.
(b) To be more realistic.
(c) To keep dreaming.
(d) All of her dreams will come true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
2. What does Mayra still struggle with?
3. What does Mayra's mother admit?
4. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
5. What does the introduction to the story show?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)