|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3 The Actor's Part - Michigan (1989 - 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
(b) They give her control over her body.
(c) She wants to do what her friends do.
(d) They are the cool thing to have at school.
2. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Poor people have poor diets.
(b) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
(c) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
(d) Poor people are born fat.
3. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
(a) She will die.
(b) She will pass out.
(c) She will have a seisure.
(d) She will vomit.
4. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
(a) To be more realistic.
(b) All of her dreams will come true.
(c) She can be whatever she wants.
(d) To keep dreaming.
5. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She does not like for people to get close to her.
(b) She was sexually abused.
(c) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
(d) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marya believes that eating disorders are ____________.
2. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
3. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
4. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
5. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)