|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3 The Actor's Part - Michigan (1989 - 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Marya tries to dream big, what do her parents tell her?
(a) She can be whatever she wants.
(b) To keep dreaming.
(c) To be more realistic.
(d) All of her dreams will come true.
2. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
(b) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
(c) Poor people are born fat.
(d) Poor people have poor diets.
3. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
(a) Bulimia is easier to hide.
(b) Bulimia can be sustained for longer.
(c) Bulimia allows a person to give in to a body's desires for a short time.
(d) Anorexia makes other people nervous.
4. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Deny weight problems.
(b) Hate themselves.
(c) Create unrealistic expectations.
(d) Lose weight to be successful.
5. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her father's berating her.
(b) Her friends' teasing.
(c) Her experiences with boys.
(d) Her mother's odd eating habits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
2. Why has Marya decided to write her book?
3. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
4. What does Marya think will happen to Jane before she gets to the hospital?
5. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)