|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3 The Actor's Part - Michigan (1989 - 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After moving to Minnesota, what does Marya often use to calm her nerves?
(a) She tries to pray to calm herslef.
(b) She gets massages.
(c) Spends time with her grandmother.
(d) She takes her mother's medication.
2. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
(a) 52 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 80 pounds.
(d) 40 pounds.
3. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is awful.
(b) It will change when she is older.
(c) It is a costume.
(d) It is wonderful.
4. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Makes her feel trapped.
(b) Helps her feel a connection to men.
(c) Allows her to control men.
(d) Is pleasurable for her.
5. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
(a) The feelings of passion that it arises.
(b) The ability to rid her body of food.
(c) The way it connects her to her body.
(d) The ritual of the bulimia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
2. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
3. To live up to the rumors around her, what does Marya begin to do?
4. How old is Marya when she begins to enter puberty?
5. How old was Mayra when she became anorexic?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)