|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3 The Actor's Part - Michigan (1989 - 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) A school counselor.
(c) Her therapist.
(d) A good friend.
2. What does food do for many people?
(a) Makes them feel very calm.
(b) Makes them fat.
(c) Nurtures them.
(d) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
3. Why does Marya keep trying to develop her eating disorders?
(a) They are the cool thing to have at school.
(b) They give her control over her body.
(c) They make her feel like she is connected to her body.
(d) She wants to do what her friends do.
4. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
(b) No control.
(c) The end of her life.
5. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
(a) Her BFF.
(b) A kind soul.
(c) A good mentor.
(d) Dokter Freud.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marya become extremely angry with a doctor?
2. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
3. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
4. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
5. What was the lowest weight that Mayra got down to?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)