|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 3 The Actor's Part - Michigan (1989 - 1990).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marya goes to the doctor complaining of ________________.
(a) Her social life.
(b) Headaches and backaches.
(c) Intense sweating.
(d) Her anxiety.
2. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
(a) She is not as coordinated.
(b) She fits in with them.
(c) It is different than the other little girls.
(d) It is awesome.
3. What does the introduction to the story show?
(a) Anorexia has serious consequences.
(b) Most people have an eating disorder.
(c) Eating disorders are not real disorders.
(d) Eating disorders are easily managed.
4. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
5. Why does Marya believe that being wealth rather than poverty leads to being thin?
(a) Poor people have poor diets.
(b) Wealthy people can afford gym memberships and trainers.
(c) Poor people are born fat.
(d) Wealthy people enjoy more fun experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. To calm herself when she is alone at home after school, what does Marya do at first?
2. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
3. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
4. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
5. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)