|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this section called aftermath?
(a) Marya hates the consequences of her sickness.
(b) Marya wishes she could take back her actions.
(c) Marya is always trying to deal with the consequences of her actions.
(d) Marya misses her life before her eating disorder.
2. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(b) To manipulate each other.
(c) To get money from the government.
(d) To get money from their parents.
3. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
(a) No, only in poverty stricken areas.
(b) No, only in affluent homes.
(c) No, only in a few homes.
(d) Yes, in homes all over America.
4. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
(a) She can feel her anorexic body returning.
(b) It means she is dying, which she wants.
(c) She is able to control herself and her weight.
(d) She is on her way to recovery.
5. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
(a) To Minnesota.
(b) To California.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To Teaxs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya believe about her body?
2. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
3. At the age of 4, what does Marya claim to be?
4. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
5. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)