|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
(a) A mistake for her to continue.
(b) Too difficult to live.
(c) She wants someone to care for her in life.
(d) Too long to live.
2. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
(a) It is awesome.
(b) She fits in with them.
(c) She is not as coordinated.
(d) It is different than the other little girls.
3. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
(a) They are out of control of their bodies.
(b) They are concerned about physical looks only.
(c) You are able to deny yourself food.
(d) They are in control of their bodies.
4. What happens to people that have not eaten in a long time or have not eaten properly?
(a) Their bodies do not know how to process food.
(b) They refuse to eat.
(c) They are constipated.
(d) They throw up more.
5. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) A school counselor.
(b) A good friend.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
2. How do Marya's parents see her?
3. What does Marya do when she looks in the mirror?
4. What does Marya say that she hates?
5. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)