|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya believe about her body?
(a) It is wonderful.
(b) It is a costume.
(c) It will change when she is older.
(d) It is awful.
2. How did Mayra's parents try to reward her?
(a) With food.
(b) With love.
(c) With verbal praise.
(d) With presents.
3. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
(a) The bulimics can never get as skinny as the anorexics.
(b) They pity them.
(c) They treat them like family.
(d) They are weak.
4. What is the main part of this Interlude?
(a) Marya's memories of meeting her husband.
(b) Marya's memories of recovering from an eating disorder.
(c) Marya's memories of her childhood.
(d) Marya's memories of trying to fit in with other people.
5. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(b) To get money from the government.
(c) To manipulate each other.
(d) To get money from their parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
2. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
3. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
4. What does Marya say that she hates?
5. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)