|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Marya eating?
(a) The doctors from the hospital.
(b) Her husband's will.
(c) She realizes what it is like to be a healthy human being.
(d) Her dark passenger.
2. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Helps her feel a connection to men.
(b) Is pleasurable for her.
(c) Allows her to control men.
(d) Makes her feel trapped.
3. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
(a) The Arts Academy of Michigan.
(c) An arts camp.
(d) An early program for a university.
4. Anorexics believe that they can live ______.
(a) Without their bodies.
(b) In their bodies.
(c) With full control.
(d) Without the consent of others.
5. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
(a) The ritual of the bulimia.
(b) The way it connects her to her body.
(c) The ability to rid her body of food.
(d) The feelings of passion that it arises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of this Interlude?
2. What is the main part of this Interlude?
3. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
4. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
5. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)