|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(b) Her body aborts her baby.
(c) She becomes very sick.
(d) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
2. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(b) New York.
3. What is the tone of this Interlude?
4. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
5. Before she leaves for winter break, what is Marya eating?
(a) Only fruit and vegetables.
(b) Cream, carrot sticks, celery sticks, and mustard.
(d) Vegetables only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she worry about?
2. At the end of the chapter, what have Marya's parents decided they should do with her?
3. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
4. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
5. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)