|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
(a) No, only in a few homes.
(b) No, only in affluent homes.
(c) No, only in poverty stricken areas.
(d) Yes, in homes all over America.
2. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
(a) Her new clothes.
(b) The routine that she is given.
(c) Her new friends.
(d) The food she gets to eat.
3. What does Marya begin to crave?
4. What influenced Marya's eating habits?
(a) Her friends' teasing.
(b) Her mother's odd eating habits.
(c) Her experiences with boys.
(d) Her father's berating her.
5. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
(a) A mistake for her to continue.
(b) Too long to live.
(c) She wants someone to care for her in life.
(d) Too difficult to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Marya eating?
2. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
3. What does Mayra's mother admit?
4. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
5. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)