|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Marya think that eating disorders occur often in this country?
(a) Yes, in homes all over America.
(b) No, only in affluent homes.
(c) No, only in poverty stricken areas.
(d) No, only in a few homes.
2. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Create unrealistic expectations.
(b) Lose weight to be successful.
(c) Deny weight problems.
(d) Hate themselves.
3. Whom does Marya ask to tell her if she has gained weight?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
4. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
(a) She tries to dislike being touched because she yearns for it so much.
(b) She becomes fearful when she is touched.
(c) She was sexually abused.
(d) She does not like for people to get close to her.
5. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
2. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
3. What is very rampant and obvious at Interlochen?
4. To this day, what does Marya say she misses about bulimia?
5. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)