|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(d) New York.
2. What keeps Marya eating?
(a) The doctors from the hospital.
(b) Her husband's will.
(c) Her dark passenger.
(d) She realizes what it is like to be a healthy human being.
3. What do the anorexics think of the bulimics?
(a) They are weak.
(b) They treat them like family.
(c) The bulimics can never get as skinny as the anorexics.
(d) They pity them.
4. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
(c) No feelings at all.
5. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Deny weight problems.
(b) Lose weight to be successful.
(c) Create unrealistic expectations.
(d) Hate themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she worry about?
2. When she became pregnant, what didn't Marya know about?
3. What does Marya show the doctor?
4. Why does Mayra realize that she does not like to be touched?
5. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)