|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Marya convince her parents to send her?
(a) New York.
2. Instead of going to school, how does Marya spend her time?
(a) Reading articles on the internet.
(b) With her parents and work.
(c) She goes to her grandparents' house.
(d) Reading her books at home.
3. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
4. What is the main part of this Interlude?
(a) Marya's memories of her childhood.
(b) Marya's memories of trying to fit in with other people.
(c) Marya's memories of meeting her husband.
(d) Marya's memories of recovering from an eating disorder.
5. What happens at therapy with her parents?
(a) Marya realizes her parents are not to blame.
(b) The parents begin to understand Marya's real problem.
(c) Her parents fight and blame Marya.
(d) Marya places the blame on her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Marya's parents see her?
2. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
3. To Marya, bulimia represents _________.
4. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
5. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)