|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya do when she looks in the mirror?
(a) Wishes she had a boyfriend.
(b) Thinks she looks beautiful.
(c) Remembers that she should not eat.
(d) Checks on how fat she has gotten.
2. How do Marya's parents see her?
(a) As a little girl, not a woman.
(b) A troubled girl.
(c) As a misfit.
(d) As a woman.
3. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
(a) They are in control of their bodies.
(b) You are able to deny yourself food.
(c) They are concerned about physical looks only.
(d) They are out of control of their bodies.
4. Instead of going to school, how does Marya spend her time?
(a) Reading articles on the internet.
(b) Reading her books at home.
(c) With her parents and work.
(d) She goes to her grandparents' house.
5. What does food do for many people?
(a) Nurtures them.
(b) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(c) Makes them feel very calm.
(d) Makes them fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marya reveal to her psychiatrist?
2. When Marya is ________ she becomes pregnant?
3. What does Marya believe about her body?
4. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
5. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)