|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mayra's parents use Mayra?
(a) To live out their own childhood dreams.
(b) To get money from the government.
(c) To get money from their parents.
(d) To manipulate each other.
2. What does food do for many people?
(a) Makes them fat.
(b) Makes them feel very calm.
(c) Makes people feel calmer and nurtured.
(d) Nurtures them.
3. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
(a) A mistake for her to continue.
(b) Too difficult to live.
(c) Too long to live.
(d) She wants someone to care for her in life.
4. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) She hates her daughter.
(b) She also used to throw up after eating.
(c) Having Marya was a mistake.
(d) She wishes she could help Marya.
5. In a ballet class, what does four-year-old Mayra feel about her own body?
(a) She is not as coordinated.
(b) It is awesome.
(c) It is different than the other little girls.
(d) She fits in with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she worry about?
2. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
3. Why is bulimia more realistic than anorexia?
4. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
5. What does Marya say that she hates?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)