|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
(b) Her body aborts her baby.
(c) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(d) She becomes very sick.
2. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) Having Marya was a mistake.
(b) She hates her daughter.
(c) She also used to throw up after eating.
(d) She wishes she could help Marya.
3. What does anorexia represent to the girls in the clinic and the outside world?
(a) They are out of control of their bodies.
(b) You are able to deny yourself food.
(c) They are concerned about physical looks only.
(d) They are in control of their bodies.
4. When Marya turns seven, where does her father plan to take her?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To Minnesota.
(c) To California.
(d) To Teaxs.
5. Growing up, how does Mayra feel in her body?
(a) She feels good about herself until someone puts her down.
(b) She does not feel like one with herself.
(c) She thinks its wonderful.
(d) She feels insecure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does she worry about?
2. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
3. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
4. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
5. During 1989, Marya is accepted at ________.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)