|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - November 5, 1996.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marya say that she hates?
(a) She hates to eat.
(c) She hates her husband for judging her.
(d) Eating correctly.
2. To Marya, what does life seem to be?
(a) She wants someone to care for her in life.
(b) A mistake for her to continue.
(c) Too long to live.
(d) Too difficult to live.
3. In Marya's opinion, what does the American Dream prompt women to do?
(a) Deny weight problems.
(b) Hate themselves.
(c) Lose weight to be successful.
(d) Create unrealistic expectations.
4. Since her blood pressure might drop suddenly, Marya could have ___________.
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A seizure.
(c) A stroke.
(d) A diabetic reaction.
5. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
(a) The Hare from Alice in Wonderland.
(b) The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland.
(c) The Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Alice from Alice in Wonderland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since many patients are bulimic, what must the doctors keep an eye on?
2. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
3. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
4. Why is the act of feeling bones exciting for Marya?
5. What does Marya welcome about her stay at the hospital?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)