|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Allows her to control men.
(b) Is pleasurable for her.
(c) Helps her feel a connection to men.
(d) Makes her feel trapped.
2. By saying this, what becomes all right?
(a) Marya's quest for love.
(b) Marya's longing.
(c) Marya's feelings.
(d) Marya's pride in the weight loss.
3. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
(a) Going to an abortion clinic.
(b) Refusing to eat for days.
(c) Taking a prescription drug.
(d) Throwing herself down the stairs.
4. What happens during Marya's pregnancy?
(a) Her body aborts her baby.
(b) She holds the baby until she is 6 months.
(c) She becomes very sick.
(d) Her father beats her causing her to loose the baby.
5. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) Marya is numb to feelings.
(b) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(c) Marya is having tremors.
(d) How skinny Marya has gotten.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Marya live with while in California?
2. Why does Marya begin to cry after she has aborted the baby?
3. What does Mayra's mother admit?
4. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
5. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)