|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
(a) Makes her feel trapped.
(b) Is pleasurable for her.
(c) Allows her to control men.
(d) Helps her feel a connection to men.
2. What does Mayra do at home while she is alone?
3. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She has night sweats.
(b) She gains 15 pounds.
(c) She loses her memory.
(d) She loses 15 pounds.
4. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
(a) Her fear of the dentist.
(b) Her feelings toward all doctors.
(c) Her ambivalent feelings of being touched.
(d) Her eating disorders.
5. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) A school counselor.
(c) A good friend.
(d) Her therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks Marya up off the highway?
2. Who does Marya often compare herself to in the book?
3. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
4. What does Marya begin to lose her control over?
5. What does Marya tell her family about her recovery?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)