|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she is given anesthesia for the dental extraction, what happens?
(a) She stops breathing.
(b) Her heart stops.
(c) She has dreams about her past.
(d) Her heart murmurs.
2. What does Mayra's mother admit?
(a) She also used to throw up after eating.
(b) She wishes she could help Marya.
(c) She hates her daughter.
(d) Having Marya was a mistake.
3. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
(a) Throwing herself down the stairs.
(b) Going to an abortion clinic.
(c) Refusing to eat for days.
(d) Taking a prescription drug.
4. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
(a) Marya is numb to feelings.
(b) Marya is having tremors.
(c) How fragile Marya seems to be.
(d) How skinny Marya has gotten.
5. As a child, Marya feels as though she is scared of____________.
(a) All clothes, especially shoes.
(b) All clothes, especially jeans.
(c) All clothes, especially shirts.
(d) All clothes, especially socks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Marya is dating and making new friends at school, what happens at night?
2. What does Marya call her doctor in the book?
3. To Mayra, what does sex do for her?
4. Just as Marya uses Bulimia to fill an emotional void, she uses _____ in the same way.
5. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)