|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Interlude - Present Day.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who persuades her to tell her parents about the disease?
(a) Her therapist.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) A good friend.
(d) A school counselor.
2. What makes getting Marya's teeth extracted difficult?
(a) Her fear of the dentist.
(b) Her eating disorders.
(c) Her feelings toward all doctors.
(d) Her ambivalent feelings of being touched.
3. What happens to her body during this time?
(a) She gains 15 pounds.
(b) She loses 15 pounds.
(c) She has night sweats.
(d) She loses her memory.
4. Marya decides to abort her own baby by _____________.
(a) Going to an abortion clinic.
(b) Throwing herself down the stairs.
(c) Taking a prescription drug.
(d) Refusing to eat for days.
5. The antibiotic that the doctor gives Marya _______________.
(a) Makes her throw up.
(b) Makes her want to eat more.
(c) Makes her head hurt.
(d) Makes her not eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Marya's brother Paul hugs her goodbye, what does he realize?
2. What does Mayra's mother admit?
3. During her ninth grade year, Marya's bulimia and drug use combine to cause what?
4. Although Marya is dating and making new friends at school, what happens at night?
5. When Marya visits home, what makes her parents realize she is not getting better?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)