* Marya begins her book by describing a meeting with a girl who is recovering from an eating disorder.
* During Marya and Jane's meeting, Jane becomes very sick.
* Marya realizes that Jane is exhibiting signs of a heart attack.
* Marya gets angry at the doctor who does not believe her.
* She states that she became bulimic when she was 9 and anorexic when she was 15.
* The lowest weight she was able to get down to was 52 lbs.
* This book is her story.
1 Childhood (1974-1982)
* At the age of 5, Marya felt the need to be skinny.
* When she goes to a ballet class, she notices that she is different from everyone else.
* Marya began purging at just 9 years old. She started doing it when her parents would leave her at home alone.
* Being alone at home made her nervous, and it was the only way she could make her feel...
This section contains 1,604 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)