• Marya begins her book by describing a meeting with a girl who is recovering from an eating disorder.
• During Marya and Jane's meeting, Jane becomes very sick.
• Marya realizes that Jane is exhibiting signs of a heart attack.
• Marya gets angry at the doctor who does not believe her.
• She states that she became bulimic when she was 9 and anorexic when she was 15.
• The lowest weight she was able to get down to was 52 lbs.
• This book is her story.
1 Childhood (1974-1982)
• At the age of 5, Marya felt the need to be skinny.
• When she goes to a ballet class, she notices that she is different from everyone else.
• Marya began purging at just 9 years old. She started doing it when her parents would leave her at home alone.
• Being alone at home made her nervous, and it was the only way she could make...
This section contains 1,619 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)