|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aftermath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How extensively do the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
(a) In virtually all ways.
(b) In many ways.
(c) In a moderate number of ways.
(d) In few ways.
2. Where does General William Howe become part of a strong demonstration intended to force the Colonists back to their proper allegiance?
(d) Long Island.
3. What is the American rebels' attitude following their crossing the Delaware River and heading on toward Trenton?
(a) They are in understandably poor spirits.
(b) They are in remarkably good spirits.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They have pretty much given up.
4. In what battle do the Americans lose New York to their enemy?
(a) Fort Lee.
(b) Fort Lewis.
(c) Fort Washington.
(d) Fort Albany.
5. As the British convene, at what pace does their training continue?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although the Hessians prepare in every other way possible against an attack, what factor plays a crucial role in the events the author details in the chapter he calls "The Surprise?"
2. What is one important way the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
3. In addition to size, intelligence, and energy, what additional criterion is considered when selecting the British light infantry?
4. While he hates war passionately, Paine believes it is the lesser of two evils, the worse being what?
5. Between the troops, weapons, and supplies they need to get across the Delaware River prior to the attack, how far behind does traveling in the storm put the Americans?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)