|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aftermath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Hard Choices," what is one of Washington's concerns?
(a) That the Americans would have to fight again on a frozen field.
(b) If the Americans could maintain continuous support.
(c) That the Americans would never be able to surprise the enemy again.
(d) If the Americans would incur a second significant victory.
2. What is the result of the strong demonstration in which General William Howe participates that is intended to force the Colonists back to their proper allegiance?
(a) The Ride of Paul Revere.
(b) The Battle of Bunker Hill.
(c) The Battle of Yorktown.
(d) The Boston Tea Party.
3. Whatever happens, George Washington is adamant that he will strike against the enemy when?
(a) Before midnight.
(b) By noon.
(c) That day.
(d) By nightfall.
4. "Washington's Crossing" is a story about which war?
(a) French and Indian.
(b) American Revolutionary.
5. The American destination in reference to the title of the book is originally what?
(a) Known only to the officers.
(d) Kept secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Military training is important to the British as they feel it enforces what?
2. In the chapter entitled "Hard Choices," George Washington realizes he is in a delicate spot because if he makes any mistakes, or if fortune turns against him, he risks what?
3. What factor plays a significant role in British military training?
4. At what rate does the Hessian army expand?
5. The author stipulates which two battles as having a profound effect on the British conduct of the war?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)