|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Aftermath.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the British eventually hire the Hessian troops?
(a) The monarch of Hesse is in deep need of funds.
(b) The British fear fighting will soon break out.
(c) Fighting breaks out in the Colonies.
(d) A virtual mercenary, the monarch of Hesse, hires on at a bargain rate.
2. How frequently does the leader of the Hessian army conduct drills?
(d) Alternating days.
3. The Americans intend to use their artillery pieces as shock weapons against the enemy and as what else?
(a) Supporting arms for reconnaissance forces.
(b) Supporting arms for their own infantry.
(c) Supporting arms for their own marines.
(d) Supporting arms for search and destroy teams.
4. What do the people view Washington as being?
(a) A poor military leader.
(b) Strictly a politician.
(c) Best suited to plantation management.
(d) A true leader.
5. While he hates war passionately, Paine believes it is the lesser of two evils, the worse being what?
(a) Having to live under Hessian tyranny.
(b) Having to live under French tyranny.
(c) Having to live under socialism.
(d) Having to live under British tyranny.
Short Answer Questions
1. After crossing the Delaware River and arriving late, George Washington is beside himself when he realizes his forces will have to attack Trenton under what condition?
2. What do the British intend to do following their confrontation with the Americans on the New Jersey shoreline of the Hudson River?
3. How successful is Thomas Paine in achieving his goal with his second pamphlet?
4. The first chapter, "The Rebels," foreshadows what events?
5. Congress grants George Washington the power to rebuild his army in the fashion they do because they know what?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)