|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Councils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After George Washington's troops cross the Delaware River and head on to engage in a surprise attack on Trenton, the Americans continue in what status?
(a) Dry, chilled to the bone.
(b) Soaked, not chilled.
(c) Damp, chilled to the bone.
(d) Soaked, chilled to the bone.
2. Who expands the Hessian army?
(a) Andreas von Wiederholdt II.
(b) Johann Gottlieb II.
(c) Friedrich Wilhelm II.
(d) Wilhelm Karl Friedrich II.
3. The weather deteriorates as George Washington and his troops proceed, and what type of storm blows in?
4. What do the people view Washington as being?
(a) Best suited to plantation management.
(b) A true leader.
(c) A poor military leader.
(d) Strictly a politician.
5. Charles Cornwallis has a larger army but fewer members in his War Council, which he operates more like a court where he is a ruler rather than a leader, and is referred to by what term?
(a) My Superior.
(c) My Lord.
(d) Your Honor.
Short Answer Questions
1. George Washington's surprise victory over the Hessians causes British commanders to lose their initiative over the course of how long?
2. Although George Washington has gained the victory the Americans desperately need in "The Surprise" battle, he also recognizes what?
3. Intelligence has what to do with the Americans' success in "The Surprise" battle and the Hessian's failure?
4. The title of this chapter, "The Bridge," refers to one crossing over which waterway?
5. The first chapter, "The Rebels," foreshadows what events?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)