|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Two Councils.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do the American troops prepare to cross the Delaware River and invade Trenton?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) St. Nicholas Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
2. Where does the Americans' intelligence methodology work better than it had in New York?
(a) Harpers Ferry.
(c) Hudson River Valley.
3. In addition to a tendency to lose officers after long engagements in America, the British and Hessians suffer troop losses due to what?
(a) Exhaustion, frequently getting lost, and inferior equipment.
(b) Illness, exhaustion, and lack of replacements.
(c) Lack of food, comfort, and no contact with home.
(d) Massive desertion, illness, and lack of food.
4. Who expands the Hessian army?
(a) Friedrich Wilhelm II.
(b) Johann Gottlieb II.
(c) Wilhelm Karl Friedrich II.
(d) Andreas von Wiederholdt II.
5. How does General Washington respond to families, such as the Van Hornes, who pledge allegiance to the king?
(a) He deports them to a neutral island in the Caribbean Sea.
(b) He does nothing other than look down on it.
(c) He compels them to relinquish their property and financial assets.
(d) He orders them to trial on charges of treason.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of the Americans' artillery pieces are lost in George Washington's Delaware River crossing?
2. Following their confrontation in November, 1776, near the New Jersey shoreline on the Hudson River, where does General Cornwallis instruct his troops to follow the Americans?
3. What factor plays a significant role in British military training?
4. As the news of "The Surprise" victory over the Hessians spreads through America, many people receive it how?
5. Just one week before the Hessian loss in George Washington's surprise attack, many British leaders believe what?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)