|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Good Ground.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. However tough their situation, following their victory over the Hessians, the American troops are determined to have the enemy what?
(a) Admit defeat.
(b) No longer dominating them.
(c) Gone from their country.
(d) Pushed to the coast.
2. How extensively do the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
(a) In a moderate number of ways.
(b) In virtually all ways.
(c) In many ways.
(d) In few ways.
3. An illness tears through the troops that fight against the Americans during the summer of what year in the latter half of the 1770s?
4. General Washington believes that only 20% of British forces are on Long Island and are ready for battle. In reality, what is this percentage?
5. Between the troops, weapons, and supplies they need to get across the Delaware River prior to the attack, how far behind does traveling in the storm put the Americans?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. From a military perspective, what is George Washington concerned about in the attack at Trenton?
2. What is one important way the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
3. What is the American rebels' attitude following their crossing the Delaware River and heading on toward Trenton?
4. The confrontation the author describes in "Good Ground" between the Rebels and the combined British and Hessian troops is to be what?
5. After crossing the Delaware River and arriving late, George Washington is beside himself when he realizes his forces will have to attack Trenton under what condition?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)