|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Good Ground.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between the troops, weapons, and supplies they need to get across the Delaware River prior to the attack, how far behind does traveling in the storm put the Americans?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 6 hours.
2. What is the American rebels' attitude following their crossing the Delaware River and heading on toward Trenton?
(a) They are in remarkably good spirits.
(b) They are in understandably poor spirits.
(c) They are despondent.
(d) They have pretty much given up.
3. The American objective following their victory over the Hessians at Trenton, regardless of ease of defense, is to entice the enemy into an assault where?
(a) On the Americans' turf.
(b) Off the American coast.
(c) In an American city.
(d) In the open American countryside.
4. However tough their situation, following their victory over the Hessians, the American troops are determined to have the enemy what?
(a) No longer dominating them.
(b) Gone from their country.
(c) Pushed to the coast.
(d) Admit defeat.
5. When do the American troops prepare to cross the Delaware River and invade Trenton?
(a) St. Nicholas Day.
(b) New Year's Eve.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. The weather deteriorates as George Washington and his troops proceed, and what type of storm blows in?
2. What term does Benjamin Rush use to describe the mood of the American troops?
3. When the Americans initially flee Long Island, what initially prevents their enemy from catching up?
4. Initially, General Washington and his remaining troops flee Long Island to what location?
5. After crossing the Delaware River and arriving late, George Washington is beside himself when he realizes his forces will have to attack Trenton under what condition?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)