|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Good Ground.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Initially, General Washington and his remaining troops flee Long Island to what location?
(c) The Bronx.
(d) Staten Island.
2. How extensively do the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
(a) In a moderate number of ways.
(b) In many ways.
(c) In virtually all ways.
(d) In few ways.
3. However tough their situation, following their victory over the Hessians, the American troops are determined to have the enemy what?
(a) No longer dominating them.
(b) Admit defeat.
(c) Pushed to the coast.
(d) Gone from their country.
4. What is one important way the Americans display their lack of training and discipline?
(a) Their maintaining their lodging in disarray and constantly soiled.
(b) Their virtual inability to utilize firearms.
(c) Their unwillingness to give their lives to the effort.
(d) Their lack of dedication to the cause in difficult times.
5. George Washington's surprise victory over the Hessians causes British commanders to lose their initiative over the course of how long?
(a) 1 week.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 month.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a big issue facing the American rebels?
2. The American objective following their victory over the Hessians at Trenton, regardless of ease of defense, is to entice the enemy into an assault where?
3. In the chapter entitled "Good Ground," the author states Americans expect an attack in great strength by combined British and Hessian troops, so they decide it would be best to have it where?
4. While the location the Americans select is their own ground, it is not what?
5. The confrontation the author describes in "Good Ground" between the Rebels and the combined British and Hessian troops is to be what?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)