|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, The Legacy: Chapters 64-67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was NOT an issue that Washington battled with Congress over?
(a) The need for more soldiers.
(b) The need to change the color of uniforms.
(c) The right to choose his own generals.
(d) The need for more supplies.
2. Why was Jacky Custis not motivated to get an education?
(a) He was basically a person with no ambition.
(b) He didn't think he needed one to become a farmer.
(c) He knew his stepfather would take care of him.
(d) He knew he would inherit his father's estate one day.
3. What part of the country was chosen as the permanent area for the capital?
(a) Long Island.
(b) The Potomac River region.
(c) The Ohio River region.
(d) The Brandywine Valley.
4. Who helped Washington write his farewell address which was run in several newspapers in 1796?
5. On the night of September 14-15, five British ships dropped anchor in ___________________, demolishing American defenses.
(a) Algonquin Bay.
(b) Sheepshead Bay.
(c) Oyster Bay.
(d) Kip's Bay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington's seat in the House of Burgesses gained him __________________________.
2. What was the name of the convention in #129?
3. Where did Washington slip away to while on his way to survey the battles taking place in the South?
4. In what month and year was the portrait of George Washington painted?
5. The rebellions in the state in #127 made it clear that the _______________________ needed to be written.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)