|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 6, The Legacy: Chapters 64-67.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington was involved in the design and construction of the ______________________.
(a) Captiol building.
(b) Brooklyn Bridge.
(c) Statue of Liberty.
(d) Washington monument.
2. How old was George Washington when his father died?
3. What did Washington do in an attempt to preserve his image for prosperity?
(a) Sat for several portraits.
(b) Sketched some self portraits.
(c) Sat for life masks.
(d) Had people draw caricatures.
4. With what request did John Adams approach Washington?
(a) To lead a new federal army.
(b) To deliver a State of the Union address.
(c) To return as President.
(d) To campaign for him.
5. Who was George Washington's father?
(a) John Washington.
(b) James Washington.
(c) George Washington Sr.
(d) Augustine Washington.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Washington serve as the president of the new country?
2. How many children did Washington and Martha have of their own?
3. Which country enacted the Townshend Acts which placed duties on more goods sold to American colonists?
4. The overwhelming problem Washington had to deal with in the Summer of 1794 was a rebellion in Virginia and Pennsylvania against ____________________.
5. Washington looked to his home as a way of creating for himself the appearance of a_______________________.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)