|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, The Statesman: Chapters 38-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which army did Washington join in 1754?
2. Washington was chronically in debt because _______________________.
(a) He extensively traveled the world.
(b) He lived beyond his means.
(c) He was extremely generous to charities.
(d) Martha spent too much on new clothes.
3. Why did Washington like spending so much time with his eldest half-brother at his farm?
(a) He could talk about his father with him.
(b) He wanted to escape his critical mother.
(c) He managed the farm.
(d) He wanted to learn a trade.
4. Why was Jacky Custis not motivated to get an education?
(a) He was basically a person with no ambition.
(b) He didn't think he needed one to become a farmer.
(c) He knew he would inherit his father's estate one day.
(d) He knew his stepfather would take care of him.
5. What came along with Washington's marriage to Martha?
(a) Restrictions of a family.
(b) A substantial estate for her children.
(c) Love he had never experienced before.
(d) The stigma of divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was George Washington when his father died?
2. Washington was always conscious of the __________________ he would leave for future generations.
3. Why was Washington envious of Jacky Custis?
4. Which office did Washington run for and win?
5. Which of the following did Washington's men NOT lack at Valley Forge?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)