|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, The President: Chapters 46-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Washington help plan while at the location in #102?
(a) The blueprints for the White House.
(b) The Boston Tea Party.
(c) The Declaration of Independence.
(d) The Battle of Yorktown.
2. Who was the envoy who Washington sent to England to demand the end of their seizing American ships and imprisoning American citizens they thought were British deserters?
(a) John Jay.
(b) Henry Knox.
(c) James Fairfax.
(d) William Westmoreland.
3. By what margin did Washington win the presidency of the new country?
4. Jefferson and Madison created a party known as the ______________________.
5. What came along with Washington's marriage to Martha?
(a) A substantial estate for her children.
(b) The stigma of divorce.
(c) Love he had never experienced before.
(d) Restrictions of a family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Washington NOT provide for his slaves?
2. Valley Forge is located in which state?
3. Who helped Washington write his farewell address which was run in several newspapers in 1796?
4. How many attempts did it take Washington to imprison Benedict Arnold?
5. Who did Washington appoint as his Secretary of the Treasury?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)