|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, The President: Chapters 46-63.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the envoy who Washington sent to England to demand the end of their seizing American ships and imprisoning American citizens they thought were British deserters?
(a) James Fairfax.
(b) John Jay.
(c) Henry Knox.
(d) William Westmoreland.
2. When Washington married the woman in #53, he became a very wealthy man by appearances only because much of the money was set aside for _________________________.
(b) The county.
(c) Her children.
(d) The military.
3. Washington looked to his home as a way of creating for himself the appearance of a_______________________.
(a) Political candidate.
(b) Military man.
(c) Rigid slave owner.
(d) Wealthy plantation owner.
4. Who helped Washington write his farewell address which was run in several newspapers in 1796?
5. After the royal governor disbanded the House of Burgesses for the second time, Washington and several other men met secretly and agreed to ______________________.
(a) Cease all imports.
(b) Establish a local government.
(c) Tax tea.
(d) Meet with the King of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the Founding Fathers achieved a pair of treaties with France, boosting morale at Valley Forge?
2. How many years did Washington spend as President of the United States?
3. To deal with his discomfort with strangers, Washington confined social meetings to a weekly ________________ he would hold in his home each Tuesday.
4. Washington quickly became aware of the difficulty of _____________________________.
5. Who did Washington decide to marry?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)