Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Washington's feelings on attending the Constitutional Convention?
2. Who was opposed to the idea of "discrimination" with regard to finances?
3. Who sat in the reserved seat to the right of Martha Washington at her tea parties?
4. What British governmental decree permitted the removal of goods from neutral bottoms?
5. What did the British say they would do once the peace treaty was signed?
Essay Topic 1
Washington's army was aided by the French on more than one occasion. Flexner hinted to some disagreement and ill feelings between Washington and some of the French officers. For each of the people listed, discuss their relationship with Washington. What were their feelings towards one another? How did their relationship affect the outcome of working together?
1) Colonel Duportail
2) Thomas Conway
Essay Topic 2
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout Washington's life, Washington experienced people who were critical of the way Washington operated. From Washington's time in the military to his presidency, Washington faced critics. Near the end of Washington's Presidency, Washington became the target of personal attacks.
Part 1) How did Washington react to the personal attacks and critics?
Part 2) Describe Washington's relationship with Governor Shirley and Brigadier General Forbes.
Part 3) As Washington's presidency came to an end, what was the public opinion of Washington? How did this effect Washington's feelings about himself?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)