|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state did the Whiskey rebellion take place?
2. What city was near the "fall line" of navigable rivers?
3. What disease plagued the area around Mount Vernon in 1793?
4. What did Washington do with his fork during the tea party?
5. Which state boycotted the convention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name at least four roles Washington filled as a retired general living in Mount Vernon.
2. How did Washington's mother, Mary Bell Washington, feel about her son's duty to his country?
3. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
4. What was the Pennsylvania Democratic Society?
5. How did Washington feel about the leadership role at the convention?
6. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
7. Why did Alexander Hamilton oppose the idea of "discrimination"?
8. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
9. Why didn't Washington appoint Monroe as envoy to France in 1796?
10. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
Essay Topic 2
Washington was in major need for a victory. Winter was setting in and it was the night before Christmas.
Part 1) Describe the events that transpired as Washington crossed the Delaware River.
Part 2) What were Washington's reasons to attack on Christmas Day?
Part 3) How did the enemy react to the Christmas Day attack? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Washington's army was aided by the French on more than one occasion. Flexner hinted to some disagreement and ill feelings between Washington and some of the French officers. For each of the people listed, discuss their relationship with Washington. What were their feelings towards one another? How did their relationship affect the outcome of working together?
1) Colonel Duportail
2) Thomas Conway
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)