|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding out his new estate manager was ill, Washington traveled to Mount Vernon for how many days?
2. What disease plagued the area around Mount Vernon in 1793?
3. What imaginary line was the border for very little capital investment?
4. Who was responsible for representing Washington's government in Paris?
5. Who did Washington hire as a secretary?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the writing of "The Federalist" persuade Washington?
2. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
3. How did Washington visualize the economy?
4. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
5. Why didn't Washington appoint Monroe as envoy to France in 1796?
6. As Washington left for the Constitution Convention in 1788, several hazards remained. Describe the hazards.
7. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
8. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
9. How did the public react to the ratification of the Jay Treaty?
10. Describe Hamilton's role in helping Washington write his farewell speech.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington was in major need for a victory. Winter was setting in and it was the night before Christmas.
Part 1) Describe the events that transpired as Washington crossed the Delaware River.
Part 2) What were Washington's reasons to attack on Christmas Day?
Part 3) How did the enemy react to the Christmas Day attack? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Washington displayed strong leadership throughout his life. During Washington's childhood, through his military career, and even into Washington's presidency, he displayed leadership characteristics. Select three leadership characteristics Washington possessed and address the following:
Part 1) How did Washington develop each leadership characteristic?
Part 2) Provide an example in which Washington uses the characteristic.
Part 3) Did the development of these leadership characteristics help Washington as President?
Essay Topic 3
Washington and the colonists began feeling that the British taxes and acts became oppressive. They felt that the rights they had were taken away.
Part 1) Discuss the events that made the Washington and the colonists feel oppressed.
Part 2) Explain how the colonists reacted to the specific acts and taxes passed by the British Parliament.
Part 3) Discuss Washington's reaction to the way the colonists responded to the tea tax in Boston.
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)