Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Washington's feelings on attending the Constitutional Convention?
2. Who was opposed to the idea of "discrimination" with regard to finances?
3. Who sat in the reserved seat to the right of Martha Washington at her tea parties?
4. What British governmental decree permitted the removal of goods from neutral bottoms?
5. What did the British say they would do once the peace treaty was signed?
Essay Topic 1
Washington and the colonists began feeling that the British taxes and acts became oppressive. They felt that the rights they had were taken away.
Part 1) Discuss the events that made the Washington and the colonists feel oppressed.
Part 2) Explain how the colonists reacted to the specific acts and taxes passed by the British Parliament.
Part 3) Discuss Washington's reaction to the way the colonists responded to the tea tax in Boston.
Essay Topic 2
After serving nine years in the military, Washington struggled adjusting to civilian life.
Part 1) Describe Washington's adjustment to civilian life.
Part 2) What changes took place at Mount Vernon?
Part 3) What roles did Washington fill simultaneously at Mount Vernon? Why were they important?
Essay Topic 3
Jefferson and Hamilton didn't have the same ideas on a lot of issues. Washington was often caught in the middle, as both men were trusted advisers. Discuss the issues that kept Jefferson and Hamilton from unification.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)