|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Washington's main reason for seeking retirement?
2. When did word of a European country's revolution reach the U.S.?
3. Who were people personally upset with concerning the Jay Treaty?
4. Who helped prepare Washington's farewell address?
5. Who replaced Hamilton as Secretary of Treasury?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Alexander Hamilton oppose the idea of "discrimination"?
2. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
3. Why were the Republicans upset over the Jay Mission?
4. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
5. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
6. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
7. How did Randolph react after returning to the President's room after reading the letter stating that Randolph was a traitor?
8. What was the Pennsylvania Democratic Society?
9. Who was Pierre Charles L'Enfant?
10. How did Washington feel about the leadership role at the convention?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington's cabinet was made up of quality men, whom Washington truly respected. For the cabinet members, discuss their relationship with Washington. Also, discuss one significant issue they helped advise Washington on.
1) Thomas Jefferson
2) John Jay
3) Henry Knox
4) Alexander Hamilton
Essay Topic 2
Washington struggled to recruit and support an adequate army.
Part 1) Explain the reasons Washington struggled to build an army.
Part 2) What environmental factors deterred men to join?
Essay Topic 3
Washington died relatively quickly after becoming ill. Washington was caught in a storm while making his rounds at Mount Vernon. Describe the final days of the Presidents life. Describe the process by which the doctors attempted to save Washington.
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)