|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury did Washington receive when thrown from his horse going to Mount Vernon?
2. Who led the Federalists to put pressure on Washington calm Congress down?
3. What British governmental decree permitted the removal of goods from neutral bottoms?
4. What did the Treaty of Alliance commit the U.S. to protect?
5. What time was dinner usually served at Mount Vernon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
2. Who was Pierre Charles L'Enfant?
3. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
4. Describe Hamilton's role in helping Washington write his farewell speech.
5. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
6. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
7. What were Washington's concerns about England and France fighting?
8. Describe Washington's feelings on the individual versus societies or parties.
9. How did the writing of "The Federalist" persuade Washington?
10. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington retired several times from public service. After leaving the Presidency, Washington felt that would be the last time he retired. After the fallout over the agents XYZ, John Adams called Washington out of retirement. It is suggested by Flexner on several occasions that Adams was jealous of Washington.
Part 1) Analyze Washington and Adams relationship. Did they get along? What did they have in common? How did they treat one another?
Part 2) Explain reasons for Adams being jealous of Washington and how it affects their relationship.
Essay Topic 2
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
Essay Topic 3
Washington was always looking for ways to improve as an officer, as well as improve the Continental Army. Describe Washington's vision for the Continental Army. Describe the three areas of servicemen Washington envisioned and their duties.
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)