|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which country was nearing a revolution that might cause some foreign affairs issues?
2. What did the Secretary of Treasury urge Congress to charter?
3. Which two people denounced the Neutrality Proclamation in writing?
4. What time was dinner usually served at Mount Vernon?
5. Who did Washington appoint to the position of Attorney General?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Washington visualize the economy?
2. What was the Pennsylvania Democratic Society?
3. Name at least four roles Washington filled as a retired general living in Mount Vernon.
4. How did Washington's mother, Mary Bell Washington, feel about her son's duty to his country?
5. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
6. Describe Hamilton's role in helping Washington write his farewell speech.
7. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
8. What were Washington's concerns about England and France fighting?
9. How did the public react to the ratification of the Jay Treaty?
10. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington was in major need for a victory. Winter was setting in and it was the night before Christmas.
Part 1) Describe the events that transpired as Washington crossed the Delaware River.
Part 2) What were Washington's reasons to attack on Christmas Day?
Part 3) How did the enemy react to the Christmas Day attack? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
Essay Topic 3
Washington retired several times from public service. After leaving the Presidency, Washington felt that would be the last time he retired. After the fallout over the agents XYZ, John Adams called Washington out of retirement. It is suggested by Flexner on several occasions that Adams was jealous of Washington.
Part 1) Analyze Washington and Adams relationship. Did they get along? What did they have in common? How did they treat one another?
Part 2) Explain reasons for Adams being jealous of Washington and how it affects their relationship.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)