|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Federalists to put pressure on Washington calm Congress down?
2. What did the convention scrap after five days of meeting?
3. Who wrote Washington begging him to stay in office?
4. Whose resignation did Washington receive on July 31, 1793?
5. Who worked out a code with Jefferson to communicate secretly with the leaders of the opposition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Alexander Hamilton oppose the idea of "discrimination"?
2. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
3. Describe Edmund Randolph's background and qualifications for Washington's cabinet.
4. What was the Pennsylvania Democratic Society?
5. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
6. Describe Washington's feelings on the individual versus societies or parties.
7. Why didn't Washington appoint Monroe as envoy to France in 1796?
8. Describe Washington's concern over the French Revolution.
9. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
10. What were Washington's concerns about England and France fighting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most successful people have a support system to support and encourage them in the good and bad times. George Washington had people in his life that encouraged, supported, and taught him. For each person listed below, discuss their relationship with Washington and how they were mentors to Washington as he progressed through life.
1) Mary Ball Washington
3) Christopher Gist
4) Sally Fairfax
Essay Topic 2
Washington was in major need for a victory. Winter was setting in and it was the night before Christmas.
Part 1) Describe the events that transpired as Washington crossed the Delaware River.
Part 2) What were Washington's reasons to attack on Christmas Day?
Part 3) How did the enemy react to the Christmas Day attack? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Washington's vision for the economy is for a mixed economy focusing on agriculture and business.
Part 1) Describe Washington's vision for the economy.
Part 2) How did Hamilton view the economic financial structure?
Part 3) How did Jefferson view the economic financial structure?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)