|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Washington's feelings on attending the Constitutional Convention?
2. Who was opposed to the idea of "discrimination" with regard to finances?
3. Who sat in the reserved seat to the right of Martha Washington at her tea parties?
4. What British governmental decree permitted the removal of goods from neutral bottoms?
5. What did the British say they would do once the peace treaty was signed?
Essay Topic 1
Washington died relatively quickly after becoming ill. Washington was caught in a storm while making his rounds at Mount Vernon. Describe the final days of the Presidents life. Describe the process by which the doctors attempted to save Washington.
Essay Topic 2
Jefferson and Hamilton didn't have the same ideas on a lot of issues. Washington was often caught in the middle, as both men were trusted advisers. Discuss the issues that kept Jefferson and Hamilton from unification.
Essay Topic 3
After serving nine years in the military, Washington struggled adjusting to civilian life.
Part 1) Describe Washington's adjustment to civilian life.
Part 2) What changes took place at Mount Vernon?
Part 3) What roles did Washington fill simultaneously at Mount Vernon? Why were they important?
This section contains 1,244 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)