|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who realized that " Washington's magic was still so great that Congress would not vote to discharge him"?
2. Which group was the main concern as Lt. Dinwiddie led the "Ohio Company" to the north?
3. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
4. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
5. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
2. Who was General Nathanael Green?
3. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
4. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
5. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
6. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
7. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
8. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
9. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
10. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The French Revolution became a major conflict in Europe. Washington feared backlash in the United States from the pro-French sentiment.
Part 1) Describe Washington's fear of an uprising due to the French sentiment.
Part 2) Why did Washington feel it was necessary to stay out of the French Revolution?
Part 3) What precedence did Washington set regarding foreign policy?
Essay Topic 2
Washington's cabinet was made up of quality men, whom Washington truly respected. For the cabinet members, discuss their relationship with Washington. Also, discuss one significant issue they helped advise Washington on.
1) Thomas Jefferson
2) John Jay
3) Henry Knox
4) Alexander Hamilton
Essay Topic 3
Most successful people have a support system to support and encourage them in the good and bad times. George Washington had people in his life that encouraged, supported, and taught him. For each person listed below, discuss their relationship with Washington and how they were mentors to Washington as he progressed through life.
1) Mary Ball Washington
3) Christopher Gist
4) Sally Fairfax
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)