|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Washington travel to to attempt getting more recruits and better fortification of the northern army near Canada?
2. In May of 1778, which country recognized the independence of the United States?
3. Who was Thomas Mifflin?
4. How old was George Washington when his father died?
5. When Washington returned to New York City, what did the British do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
2. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
3. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
4. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
5. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
6. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
7. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
8. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
9. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
10. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout Washington's life, Washington experienced people who were critical of the way Washington operated. From Washington's time in the military to his presidency, Washington faced critics. Near the end of Washington's Presidency, Washington became the target of personal attacks.
Part 1) How did Washington react to the personal attacks and critics?
Part 2) Describe Washington's relationship with Governor Shirley and Brigadier General Forbes.
Part 3) As Washington's presidency came to an end, what was the public opinion of Washington? How did this effect Washington's feelings about himself?
Essay Topic 3
Washington died relatively quickly after becoming ill. Washington was caught in a storm while making his rounds at Mount Vernon. Describe the final days of the Presidents life. Describe the process by which the doctors attempted to save Washington.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)