|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In December of 1776, Washington's troops crossed which body of water?
2. Which city's merchants established a paper money system that would not depreciate?
3. To whom did Washington sell his extra produce?
4. When Washington was named head of the Continental Army, how did he feel?
5. What happened to Washington when he rode towards the enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
2. Why were the Republicans upset over the Jay Mission?
3. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
4. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
5. How did the writing of "The Federalist" persuade Washington?
6. Describe Washington's concern over the French Revolution.
7. How did Washington's mother, Mary Bell Washington, feel about her son's duty to his country?
8. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
9. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
10. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
Essay Topic 1
Washington's vision for the economy is for a mixed economy focusing on agriculture and business.
Part 1) Describe Washington's vision for the economy.
Part 2) How did Hamilton view the economic financial structure?
Part 3) How did Jefferson view the economic financial structure?
Essay Topic 2
Washington and the colonists began feeling that the British taxes and acts became oppressive. They felt that the rights they had were taken away.
Part 1) Discuss the events that made the Washington and the colonists feel oppressed.
Part 2) Explain how the colonists reacted to the specific acts and taxes passed by the British Parliament.
Part 3) Discuss Washington's reaction to the way the colonists responded to the tea tax in Boston.
Essay Topic 3
When Washington stayed at Mount Vernon various activities kept Washington busy.
Part 1) Discuss Washington's activities while at Mount Vernon.
Part 2) What renovations were being done to the house?
Part 3) Describe the property and the amenities offered at Mount Vernon.
This section contains 1,643 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)