|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did George Washington and Count de Rochambeau meet in on September 20, 1780?
2. Washington believed he was cheated out of a victory at the Battle of Monmouth by which person?
3. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
4. What city were the Hessian soldiers encamped in 1777?
5. Where was the British blockade located that forced the Continental Army into a harsh winter without supplies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
2. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
3. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
4. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
5. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
6. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
7. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
8. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
9. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
10. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson and Hamilton didn't have the same ideas on a lot of issues. Washington was often caught in the middle, as both men were trusted advisers. Discuss the issues that kept Jefferson and Hamilton from unification.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout Washington's life, Washington experienced people who were critical of the way Washington operated. From Washington's time in the military to his presidency, Washington faced critics. Near the end of Washington's Presidency, Washington became the target of personal attacks.
Part 1) How did Washington react to the personal attacks and critics?
Part 2) Describe Washington's relationship with Governor Shirley and Brigadier General Forbes.
Part 3) As Washington's presidency came to an end, what was the public opinion of Washington? How did this effect Washington's feelings about himself?
Essay Topic 3
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)