|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Washington get his reading material?
2. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
3. What was George Washington's most prominent relative's occupation?
4. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
5. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
2. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
3. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
4. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
5. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
6. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
7. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
8. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
9. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
10. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington struggled to recruit and support an adequate army.
Part 1) Explain the reasons Washington struggled to build an army.
Part 2) What environmental factors deterred men to join?
Essay Topic 2
Washington's army was aided by the French on more than one occasion. Flexner hinted to some disagreement and ill feelings between Washington and some of the French officers. For each of the people listed, discuss their relationship with Washington. What were their feelings towards one another? How did their relationship affect the outcome of working together?
1) Colonel Duportail
2) Thomas Conway
Essay Topic 3
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)