|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state was George Washington born?
2. Who died on the day Washington began his vacation in 1781?
3. Who did Washington marry?
4. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
5. Which city's merchants established a paper money system that would not depreciate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
2. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
3. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
4. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
5. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
6. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
7. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
8. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
9. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
10. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After serving nine years in the military, Washington struggled adjusting to civilian life.
Part 1) Describe Washington's adjustment to civilian life.
Part 2) What changes took place at Mount Vernon?
Part 3) What roles did Washington fill simultaneously at Mount Vernon? Why were they important?
Essay Topic 2
Washington and the colonists began feeling that the British taxes and acts became oppressive. They felt that the rights they had were taken away.
Part 1) Discuss the events that made the Washington and the colonists feel oppressed.
Part 2) Explain how the colonists reacted to the specific acts and taxes passed by the British Parliament.
Part 3) Discuss Washington's reaction to the way the colonists responded to the tea tax in Boston.
Essay Topic 3
Jefferson and Hamilton didn't have the same ideas on a lot of issues. Washington was often caught in the middle, as both men were trusted advisers. Discuss the issues that kept Jefferson and Hamilton from unification.
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)