|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Washington was named head of the Continental Army, how did he feel?
2. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
3. Who was the greatest combat general in the war according to Washington?
4. Which city's merchants established a paper money system that would not depreciate?
5. How did Washington's wife react to Washington's new role as head of the Continental Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
2. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
3. Who was General Nathanael Green?
4. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
5. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
6. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
7. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
8. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
9. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
10. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Washington stayed at Mount Vernon various activities kept Washington busy.
Part 1) Discuss Washington's activities while at Mount Vernon.
Part 2) What renovations were being done to the house?
Part 3) Describe the property and the amenities offered at Mount Vernon.
Essay Topic 2
Most successful people have a support system to support and encourage them in the good and bad times. George Washington had people in his life that encouraged, supported, and taught him. For each person listed below, discuss their relationship with Washington and how they were mentors to Washington as he progressed through life.
1) Mary Ball Washington
3) Christopher Gist
4) Sally Fairfax
Essay Topic 3
Throughout Washington's life, Washington experienced people who were critical of the way Washington operated. From Washington's time in the military to his presidency, Washington faced critics. Near the end of Washington's Presidency, Washington became the target of personal attacks.
Part 1) How did Washington react to the personal attacks and critics?
Part 2) Describe Washington's relationship with Governor Shirley and Brigadier General Forbes.
Part 3) As Washington's presidency came to an end, what was the public opinion of Washington? How did this effect Washington's feelings about himself?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)