Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
2. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
3. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
4. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
5. How many times was George Washington's father married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
2. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
3. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
4. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
5. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
6. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
7. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
8. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
9. How did Washington visualize the economy?
10. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
Slavery was an issue Washington dealt with his entire life. Washington's father owned slaves and by the end of his life, Washington owned a great number of slaves. Washington planned to set his slaves free.
Part 1) Explain Washington's feelings on slavery.
Part 2) How did Washington feel slaves should be treated? How was Washington's feelings different from most others in the country?
Part 3) Discuss the viewpoint of permanent marriage for slaves.
Washington's vision for the economy is for a mixed economy focusing on agriculture and business.
Part 1) Describe Washington's vision for the economy.
Part 2) How did Hamilton view the economic financial structure?
Part 3) How did Jefferson view the economic financial structure?
The French Revolution became a major conflict in Europe. Washington feared backlash in the United States from the pro-French sentiment.
Part 1) Describe Washington's fear of an uprising due to the French sentiment.
Part 2) Why did Washington feel it was necessary to stay out of the French Revolution?
Part 3) What precedence did Washington set regarding foreign policy?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)