|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of the British forces in Germantown?
2. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
3. Who did Washington marry?
4. Who was Joseph Reed?
5. What document, written by Thomas Paine, renewed patriotic enthusiasm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
2. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
3. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
4. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
5. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
6. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
7. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
8. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
9. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
10. Who was General Nathanael Green?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington retired several times from public service. After leaving the Presidency, Washington felt that would be the last time he retired. After the fallout over the agents XYZ, John Adams called Washington out of retirement. It is suggested by Flexner on several occasions that Adams was jealous of Washington.
Part 1) Analyze Washington and Adams relationship. Did they get along? What did they have in common? How did they treat one another?
Part 2) Explain reasons for Adams being jealous of Washington and how it affects their relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Washington's cabinet was made up of quality men, whom Washington truly respected. For the cabinet members, discuss their relationship with Washington. Also, discuss one significant issue they helped advise Washington on.
1) Thomas Jefferson
2) John Jay
3) Henry Knox
4) Alexander Hamilton
Essay Topic 3
Most successful people have a support system to support and encourage them in the good and bad times. George Washington had people in his life that encouraged, supported, and taught him. For each person listed below, discuss their relationship with Washington and how they were mentors to Washington as he progressed through life.
1) Mary Ball Washington
3) Christopher Gist
4) Sally Fairfax
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)