|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Washington was six, his family moved to which city?
2. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
3. Who was Charles Lee?
4. In what city was the main British base in New Jersey?
5. Who did Washington leave in charge at the battle at New York City?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
2. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
3. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
4. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
5. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
6. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
7. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
8. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
9. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
10. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington becomes the first President of the United States by a unanimous vote of the electoral college.
Part 1) What was the purpose of the electoral college?
Part 2) How did Washington spend his time while waiting for the confirmation of the election results?
Essay Topic 2
Washington's cabinet was made up of quality men, whom Washington truly respected. For the cabinet members, discuss their relationship with Washington. Also, discuss one significant issue they helped advise Washington on.
1) Thomas Jefferson
2) John Jay
3) Henry Knox
4) Alexander Hamilton
Essay Topic 3
Washington not only battled the enemy, but in some cases, battled Congress for supplies and funding.
Part 1) Describe how funding was supposed to be collected from the states.
Part 2) Why did this method of funding fail?
Part 3) As the war progressed, discuss Jefferson and Hamilton's suggestion for funding Washington's army.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)