|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What neighborhood did Rochambeau's army move to in July 1781?
2. Who objected to Washington's participation in military activities?
3. Who was Thomas Mifflin?
4. What art did George Washington learn as a teenager?
5. Who did Washington receive fatherly advice from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
2. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
3. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
4. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
5. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
6. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
7. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
8. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
9. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
10. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington retired several times from public service. After leaving the Presidency, Washington felt that would be the last time he retired. After the fallout over the agents XYZ, John Adams called Washington out of retirement. It is suggested by Flexner on several occasions that Adams was jealous of Washington.
Part 1) Analyze Washington and Adams relationship. Did they get along? What did they have in common? How did they treat one another?
Part 2) Explain reasons for Adams being jealous of Washington and how it affects their relationship.
Essay Topic 2
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
Essay Topic 3
The French Revolution became a major conflict in Europe. Washington feared backlash in the United States from the pro-French sentiment.
Part 1) Describe Washington's fear of an uprising due to the French sentiment.
Part 2) Why did Washington feel it was necessary to stay out of the French Revolution?
Part 3) What precedence did Washington set regarding foreign policy?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)