Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
2. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
3. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
4. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
5. How many times was George Washington's father married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
2. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
3. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
4. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
5. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
6. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
7. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
8. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
9. How did Washington visualize the economy?
10. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
Essay Topic 1
Most successful people have a support system to support and encourage them in the good and bad times. George Washington had people in his life that encouraged, supported, and taught him. For each person listed below, discuss their relationship with Washington and how they were mentors to Washington as he progressed through life.
1) Mary Ball Washington
3) Christopher Gist
4) Sally Fairfax
Essay Topic 2
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout Washington's life, Washington experienced people who were critical of the way Washington operated. From Washington's time in the military to his presidency, Washington faced critics. Near the end of Washington's Presidency, Washington became the target of personal attacks.
Part 1) How did Washington react to the personal attacks and critics?
Part 2) Describe Washington's relationship with Governor Shirley and Brigadier General Forbes.
Part 3) As Washington's presidency came to an end, what was the public opinion of Washington? How did this effect Washington's feelings about himself?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)