|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
2. What was George Washington's most prominent relative's occupation?
3. When Washington was named head of the Continental Army, how did he feel?
4. Who was the greatest combat general in the war according to Washington?
5. What city were the Hessian soldiers encamped in 1777?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
2. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
3. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
4. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
5. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
6. Who was General Nathanael Green?
7. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
8. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
9. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
10. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington's cabinet was made up of quality men, whom Washington truly respected. For the cabinet members, discuss their relationship with Washington. Also, discuss one significant issue they helped advise Washington on.
1) Thomas Jefferson
2) John Jay
3) Henry Knox
4) Alexander Hamilton
Essay Topic 2
Most successful people have a support system to support and encourage them in the good and bad times. George Washington had people in his life that encouraged, supported, and taught him. For each person listed below, discuss their relationship with Washington and how they were mentors to Washington as he progressed through life.
1) Mary Ball Washington
3) Christopher Gist
4) Sally Fairfax
Essay Topic 3
Washington not only battled the enemy, but in some cases, battled Congress for supplies and funding.
Part 1) Describe how funding was supposed to be collected from the states.
Part 2) Why did this method of funding fail?
Part 3) As the war progressed, discuss Jefferson and Hamilton's suggestion for funding Washington's army.
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)