|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Charles Lee?
2. Who did Washington marry?
3. What city were the Hessian soldiers encamped in 1777?
4. Why was Washington chosen for his first military experience?
5. Which group was the main concern as Lt. Dinwiddie led the "Ohio Company" to the north?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
2. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
3. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
4. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
5. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
6. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
7. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
8. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
9. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
10. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
Essay Topic 2
When Washington stayed at Mount Vernon various activities kept Washington busy.
Part 1) Discuss Washington's activities while at Mount Vernon.
Part 2) What renovations were being done to the house?
Part 3) Describe the property and the amenities offered at Mount Vernon.
Essay Topic 3
After serving nine years in the military, Washington struggled adjusting to civilian life.
Part 1) Describe Washington's adjustment to civilian life.
Part 2) What changes took place at Mount Vernon?
Part 3) What roles did Washington fill simultaneously at Mount Vernon? Why were they important?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)