|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
2. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
3. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
4. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
5. How many times was George Washington's father married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
2. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
3. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
4. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
5. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
6. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
7. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
8. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
9. How did Washington visualize the economy?
10. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
Essay Topic 1
Washington displayed strong leadership throughout his life. During Washington's childhood, through his military career, and even into Washington's presidency, he displayed leadership characteristics. Select three leadership characteristics Washington possessed and address the following:
Part 1) How did Washington develop each leadership characteristic?
Part 2) Provide an example in which Washington uses the characteristic.
Part 3) Did the development of these leadership characteristics help Washington as President?
Essay Topic 2
Washington retired several times from public service. After leaving the Presidency, Washington felt that would be the last time he retired. After the fallout over the agents XYZ, John Adams called Washington out of retirement. It is suggested by Flexner on several occasions that Adams was jealous of Washington.
Part 1) Analyze Washington and Adams relationship. Did they get along? What did they have in common? How did they treat one another?
Part 2) Explain reasons for Adams being jealous of Washington and how it affects their relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Washington struggled to recruit and support an adequate army.
Part 1) Explain the reasons Washington struggled to build an army.
Part 2) What environmental factors deterred men to join?
This section contains 1,629 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)