|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
2. What cash crop did Washington rely on for the most profit?
3. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
4. Which body of water did the British ships carry troops?
5. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
2. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
3. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
4. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
5. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
6. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
7. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
8. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
9. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
10. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The social life of a Washington is comparable to the social life of a president today. Compare the social life of Washington with the social life of the current president.
Essay Topic 2
Washington died relatively quickly after becoming ill. Washington was caught in a storm while making his rounds at Mount Vernon. Describe the final days of the Presidents life. Describe the process by which the doctors attempted to save Washington.
Essay Topic 3
Washington becomes the first President of the United States by a unanimous vote of the electoral college.
Part 1) What was the purpose of the electoral college?
Part 2) How did Washington spend his time while waiting for the confirmation of the election results?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)