|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
2. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
3. What did Washington live in fear of daily?
4. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
5. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
2. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
3. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
4. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
5. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
6. Name at least four roles Washington filled as a retired general living in Mount Vernon.
7. How did the public react to the ratification of the Jay Treaty?
8. Describe Washington's concern over the French Revolution.
9. How did Washington's mother, Mary Bell Washington, feel about her son's duty to his country?
10. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jefferson and Hamilton didn't have the same ideas on a lot of issues. Washington was often caught in the middle, as both men were trusted advisers. Discuss the issues that kept Jefferson and Hamilton from unification.
Essay Topic 2
Most successful people have a support system to support and encourage them in the good and bad times. George Washington had people in his life that encouraged, supported, and taught him. For each person listed below, discuss their relationship with Washington and how they were mentors to Washington as he progressed through life.
1) Mary Ball Washington
3) Christopher Gist
4) Sally Fairfax
Essay Topic 3
Washington struggled to recruit and support an adequate army.
Part 1) Explain the reasons Washington struggled to build an army.
Part 2) What environmental factors deterred men to join?
This section contains 1,625 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)