Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
2. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
3. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
4. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
5. How many times was George Washington's father married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
2. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
3. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
4. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
5. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
6. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
7. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
8. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
9. How did Washington visualize the economy?
10. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
Essay Topic 1
Washington was always looking for ways to improve as an officer, as well as improve the Continental Army. Describe Washington's vision for the Continental Army. Describe the three areas of servicemen Washington envisioned and their duties.
Essay Topic 2
Washington becomes the first President of the United States by a unanimous vote of the electoral college.
Part 1) What was the purpose of the electoral college?
Part 2) How did Washington spend his time while waiting for the confirmation of the election results?
Essay Topic 3
Washington's army was aided by the French on more than one occasion. Flexner hinted to some disagreement and ill feelings between Washington and some of the French officers. For each of the people listed, discuss their relationship with Washington. What were their feelings towards one another? How did their relationship affect the outcome of working together?
1) Colonel Duportail
2) Thomas Conway
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)