|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the movement to take Washington out of power?
2. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
3. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
4. How many years did Washington want military tours of duty to be?
5. What happened to the greatest combat general when attacking Quebec?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
2. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
3. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
4. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
5. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
6. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
7. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
8. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
9. Who was General Nathanael Green?
10. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Slavery was an issue Washington dealt with his entire life. Washington's father owned slaves and by the end of his life, Washington owned a great number of slaves. Washington planned to set his slaves free.
Part 1) Explain Washington's feelings on slavery.
Part 2) How did Washington feel slaves should be treated? How was Washington's feelings different from most others in the country?
Part 3) Discuss the viewpoint of permanent marriage for slaves.
Essay Topic 2
Washington becomes the first President of the United States by a unanimous vote of the electoral college.
Part 1) What was the purpose of the electoral college?
Part 2) How did Washington spend his time while waiting for the confirmation of the election results?
Essay Topic 3
When Washington stayed at Mount Vernon various activities kept Washington busy.
Part 1) Discuss Washington's activities while at Mount Vernon.
Part 2) What renovations were being done to the house?
Part 3) Describe the property and the amenities offered at Mount Vernon.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)