|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city was the main British base in New Jersey?
2. What city were the Hessian soldiers encamped in 1777?
3. What cash crop did Washington rely on for the most profit?
4. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
5. How many men made up the British army that occupied Germantown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
2. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
3. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
4. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
5. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
6. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
7. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
8. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
9. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
10. Who was General Nathanael Green?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The French Revolution became a major conflict in Europe. Washington feared backlash in the United States from the pro-French sentiment.
Part 1) Describe Washington's fear of an uprising due to the French sentiment.
Part 2) Why did Washington feel it was necessary to stay out of the French Revolution?
Part 3) What precedence did Washington set regarding foreign policy?
Essay Topic 2
Washington becomes the first President of the United States by a unanimous vote of the electoral college.
Part 1) What was the purpose of the electoral college?
Part 2) How did Washington spend his time while waiting for the confirmation of the election results?
Essay Topic 3
Washington's army was aided by the French on more than one occasion. Flexner hinted to some disagreement and ill feelings between Washington and some of the French officers. For each of the people listed, discuss their relationship with Washington. What were their feelings towards one another? How did their relationship affect the outcome of working together?
1) Colonel Duportail
2) Thomas Conway
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)