|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was George Washington when his father died?
2. In 1755, which general enlisted Washington to navigate a path in the Ohio Valley?
3. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
4. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
5. Who was Horatio Gates?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
2. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
3. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
4. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
5. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
6. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
7. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
8. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
9. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
10. Who was General Nathanael Green?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Washington not only battled the enemy, but in some cases, battled Congress for supplies and funding.
Part 1) Describe how funding was supposed to be collected from the states.
Part 2) Why did this method of funding fail?
Part 3) As the war progressed, discuss Jefferson and Hamilton's suggestion for funding Washington's army.
Essay Topic 2
Washington died relatively quickly after becoming ill. Washington was caught in a storm while making his rounds at Mount Vernon. Describe the final days of the Presidents life. Describe the process by which the doctors attempted to save Washington.
Essay Topic 3
Washington's vision for the economy is for a mixed economy focusing on agriculture and business.
Part 1) Describe Washington's vision for the economy.
Part 2) How did Hamilton view the economic financial structure?
Part 3) How did Jefferson view the economic financial structure?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)