|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Washington was six, his family moved to which city?
2. How far did Washington's troops have to march to reach the Hessian soldiers' encampment?
3. Which city's merchants established a paper money system that would not depreciate?
4. What did Washington live in fear of daily?
5. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
2. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
3. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
4. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
5. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
6. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
7. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
8. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
9. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
10. Who was General Nathanael Green?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Most successful people have a support system to support and encourage them in the good and bad times. George Washington had people in his life that encouraged, supported, and taught him. For each person listed below, discuss their relationship with Washington and how they were mentors to Washington as he progressed through life.
1) Mary Ball Washington
3) Christopher Gist
4) Sally Fairfax
Essay Topic 2
Washington struggled to recruit and support an adequate army.
Part 1) Explain the reasons Washington struggled to build an army.
Part 2) What environmental factors deterred men to join?
Essay Topic 3
Washington not only battled the enemy, but in some cases, battled Congress for supplies and funding.
Part 1) Describe how funding was supposed to be collected from the states.
Part 2) Why did this method of funding fail?
Part 3) As the war progressed, discuss Jefferson and Hamilton's suggestion for funding Washington's army.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)