Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
2. In December of 1776, Washington's troops crossed which body of water?
3. How many well-fed and well-armed men did Washington have at West Point?
4. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
5. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Hamilton's role in helping Washington write his farewell speech.
2. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
3. Describe Washington's concern over the French Revolution.
4. Who was General Nathanael Green?
5. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
6. Why didn't Washington appoint Monroe as envoy to France in 1796?
7. How did Washington's mother, Mary Bell Washington, feel about her son's duty to his country?
8. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
9. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
10. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
Throughout Washington's life, Washington experienced people who were critical of the way Washington operated. From Washington's time in the military to his presidency, Washington faced critics. Near the end of Washington's Presidency, Washington became the target of personal attacks.
Part 1) How did Washington react to the personal attacks and critics?
Part 2) Describe Washington's relationship with Governor Shirley and Brigadier General Forbes.
Part 3) As Washington's presidency came to an end, what was the public opinion of Washington? How did this effect Washington's feelings about himself?
Washington's army was aided by the French on more than one occasion. Flexner hinted to some disagreement and ill feelings between Washington and some of the French officers. For each of the people listed, discuss their relationship with Washington. What were their feelings towards one another? How did their relationship affect the outcome of working together?
1) Colonel Duportail
2) Thomas Conway
Washington struggled to recruit and support an adequate army.
Part 1) Explain the reasons Washington struggled to build an army.
Part 2) What environmental factors deterred men to join?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)