|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
2. Who betrayed Washington's friendship at a retreat in New Jersey?
3. How old was George Washington when his father died?
4. Who did Washington receive fatherly advice from?
5. How did the rookie soldiers respond to the leader at the battle at New York City?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
2. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
3. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
4. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
5. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
6. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
7. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
8. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
9. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
10. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout Washington's life, Washington experienced people who were critical of the way Washington operated. From Washington's time in the military to his presidency, Washington faced critics. Near the end of Washington's Presidency, Washington became the target of personal attacks.
Part 1) How did Washington react to the personal attacks and critics?
Part 2) Describe Washington's relationship with Governor Shirley and Brigadier General Forbes.
Part 3) As Washington's presidency came to an end, what was the public opinion of Washington? How did this effect Washington's feelings about himself?
Essay Topic 2
Washington struggled to recruit and support an adequate army.
Part 1) Explain the reasons Washington struggled to build an army.
Part 2) What environmental factors deterred men to join?
Essay Topic 3
Washington died relatively quickly after becoming ill. Washington was caught in a storm while making his rounds at Mount Vernon. Describe the final days of the Presidents life. Describe the process by which the doctors attempted to save Washington.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)