|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the Federalists to put pressure on Washington calm Congress down?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) James Madison.
(d) John Jay.
2. Which state was 15 times more populous than Delaware?
(c) New York.
(d) North Carolina.
3. How did Washington feel about the "spirit of the party" politics?
(a) Washington disagreed with parties.
(b) Washington took a neutral stance when discussing political parties.
(c) Washington believed parties were good to represent all people.
(d) Washington did not make any comments regarding parties.
4. The delegates argued not only during debates, but also argued over what?
(b) State issues.
(c) Gun rights.
(d) Tavern tables.
5. Which country did Washington believe the pamphlet "Common Sense" was influenced?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Edmund Charles Genet's warship land?
2. Which city became the temporary capitol of the United States?
3. What was the name of the group founded by supporters of Genet?
4. Who became the new Attorney General after the death of William Bradford?
5. What did the British say they would do once the peace treaty was signed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
2. What was the Pennsylvania Democratic Society?
3. Why was it difficult to establish a new government according to Washington?
4. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
5. How did Washington feel about the leadership role at the convention?
6. Why were the Republicans upset over the Jay Mission?
7. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
8. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
9. Describe William Maclay's feelings on George Washington.
10. How did Washington visualize the economy?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)