|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the letter that Pickering gave Washington reveal?
(a) Hamilton was a traitor.
(b) Wolcott was a traitor.
(c) Randolph was a traitor.
(d) Bradford was a traitor.
2. What did Washington see the national capital as?
(a) A place to reconcile disagreements.
(b) A place to argue.
(c) A place to protest.
(d) A place to physically fight.
3. What was in the worst shape in Mount Vernon?
(a) Washington's house.
(b) The streets.
(c) Washington's farms.
(d) The church.
4. What was the name of the group founded by supporters of Genet?
(a) Pennsylvanians for Genet Society.
(b) Pennsylvania Democratic Society.
(c) The French Democratic Society.
(d) Delaware Republican Society.
5. On what day in 1783 did Washington arrive in Mount Vernon?
(a) Christmas Day.
(b) His birthday.
(c) New Years Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were people personally upset with concerning the Jay Treaty?
2. How many French warships appeared in the New York Harbor in 1793?
3. What was Washington glad that John Adams didn't want from the presidential mansion?
4. Where did Washington send the order to allow Randolph to reveal the plans?
5. From which country did Washington obtain a mule as a gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Alexander Hamilton oppose the idea of "discrimination"?
2. Why was it difficult to establish a new government according to Washington?
3. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
4. Describe Washington's concern over the French Revolution.
5. Describe William Maclay's feelings on George Washington.
6. What were Washington's concerns about England and France fighting?
7. What was the Pennsylvania Democratic Society?
8. Why didn't Washington appoint Monroe as envoy to France in 1796?
9. Describe Edmund Randolph's background and qualifications for Washington's cabinet.
10. Describe Hamilton's role in helping Washington write his farewell speech.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)