|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was appointed Minister to Holland?
(a) Thomas Pinckney.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Gouverneur Morris
(d) William Short.
2. What city did Washington ask his cabinet to meet?
(c) Mount Vernon.
3. How did Washington feel about Mount Vernon after serving eight years as President?
(a) Washington loved Mount Vernon.
(b) Washington felt like a stranger in his own land.
(c) Washington believed Mount Vernon was a great place to continue living.
(d) Washington felt that Mount Vernon never changed.
4. What injury did Washington receive when thrown from his horse going to Mount Vernon?
(a) A head injury.
(b) A "wrench" in his back.
(c) A broken hand.
(d) A broken leg.
5. What were Washington's feelings on attending the Constitutional Convention?
(a) He was anxious to attend.
(b) He was excited to attend.
(c) He dreaded attending.
(d) He felt obligated to attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Edmund Charles Genet's warship land?
2. Washington was elected by the electoral college on February 4, 1789. On what day did Washington receive formal notification of his election?
3. Who was seen as Washington's only rival in leadership at the convention?
4. Who distrusted Washington and was suspicious of Philadelphia society?
5. What did the Treaty of Alliance commit the U.S. to protect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
2. Why didn't Washington appoint Monroe as envoy to France in 1796?
3. How did Washington visualize the economy?
4. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
5. How did the public react to the ratification of the Jay Treaty?
6. Who was Pierre Charles L'Enfant?
7. Describe Hamilton's role in helping Washington write his farewell speech.
8. How did Washington feel about the leadership role at the convention?
9. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
10. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)