|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which city was named the permanent capital in 1790?
(c) Washington, D.C.
2. How many pounds of sterling did Washington loose during the war?
(a) 15,000 pounds.
(b) 25,000 pounds.
(c) 5,000 pounds.
(d) 10,000 pounds.
3. Who did Washington choose to begin planning the "Federal city"?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) Pierre Charles L'Enfant.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
4. Who did Washington appoint to the position of Attorney General?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Edmund Randolph.
(c) Henry Knox.
(d) John Jay.
5. What city was near the "fall line" of navigable rivers?
(b) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city became the temporary capitol of the United States?
2. Washington was elected by the electoral college on February 4, 1789. On what day did Washington receive formal notification of his election?
3. What group did the Indians hate the most in 1783?
4. What imaginary line was the border for very little capital investment?
5. Washington, after praising civilians and soldiers, wrote an angry letter to whom?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)