|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was opposed to the idea of "discrimination" with regard to finances?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Adams.
(d) James Madison.
2. What city did Washington ask his cabinet to meet?
(d) Mount Vernon.
3. What was the name of the group founded by supporters of Genet?
(a) The French Democratic Society.
(b) Pennsylvanians for Genet Society.
(c) Pennsylvania Democratic Society.
(d) Delaware Republican Society.
4. How did Washington feel when it came to foreign issues?
(a) He thought it was important to stay neutral.
(b) He sided with Britain.
(c) He paid another country to get involved for us.
(d) He sided with the French.
5. Who distrusted Washington and was suspicious of Philadelphia society?
(a) Robert Morris.
(b) David Humphreys.
(c) William Maclay.
(d) John Fitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington, after praising civilians and soldiers, wrote an angry letter to whom?
2. Who did Washington choose to begin planning the "Federal city"?
3. How did Washington feel about the "spirit of the party" politics?
4. Which division of American society contained rocky fields with no agricultural aristocracy?
5. Who sat in the reserved seat to the right of Martha Washington at her tea parties?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)