|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Monroe's house guest who was also known as a "radical" American citizen?
(a) John Sullivan.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) John Locke.
(d) Thomas Paine.
2. What imaginary line was the border for very little capital investment?
(a) North-South line.
(b) East-West line.
(c) Mason-Dixon line.
(d) No Compromise line.
3. Which area of the U.S. did Washington tour in April of 1791?
(a) New England.
(b) Middle colonies.
(c) The South.
(d) The frontier.
4. Which city became the temporary capitol of the United States?
(a) New York City.
5. Who was surprised that Washington ratified the Jay Treaty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who worked out a code with Jefferson to communicate secretly with the leaders of the opposition?
2. Which city was named the permanent capital in 1790?
3. What were Washington's feelings on attending the Constitutional Convention?
4. How did Washington feel when it came to foreign issues?
5. Who did Washington appoint as Secretary of War?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Washington's feelings on the individual versus societies or parties.
2. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
3. Who was Pierre Charles L'Enfant?
4. Why was it difficult to establish a new government according to Washington?
5. Name at least four roles Washington filled as a retired general living in Mount Vernon.
6. How did Washington feel about the leadership role at the convention?
7. Describe Edmund Randolph's background and qualifications for Washington's cabinet.
8. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
9. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
10. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)