|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Washington appoint to the position of Attorney General?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Edmund Randolph.
(c) Henry Knox.
(d) John Jay.
2. Who wrote "the tree of liberty had to be watered by human blood"?
(a) George Washington.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) James Madison.
3. How many miles did Washington keep travel after leaving Philadelphia?
(a) 2,000 miles.
(b) 1,777 miles.
(c) 1,887 miles.
(d) 1,500 miles.
4. What did Washington think would happen to the government if democratic societies continue to thrive?
(a) The government would remain the same.
(b) The government would be destroyed.
(c) The government would get weaker.
(d) The government would get stronger.
5. Who distrusted Washington and was suspicious of Philadelphia society?
(a) David Humphreys.
(b) Robert Morris.
(c) William Maclay.
(d) John Fitch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the group founded by supporters of Genet?
2. How many French warships appeared in the New York Harbor in 1793?
3. Which division of American society contained rocky fields with no agricultural aristocracy?
4. Which state boycotted the convention?
5. What city's newspaper did Washington release his farewell address?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Republicans upset over the Jay Mission?
2. Describe William Maclay's feelings on George Washington.
3. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
4. Who was Pierre Charles L'Enfant?
5. Why was it difficult to establish a new government according to Washington?
6. How did Randolph react after returning to the President's room after reading the letter stating that Randolph was a traitor?
7. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
8. What were Washington's concerns about England and France fighting?
9. How did Washington's mother, Mary Bell Washington, feel about her son's duty to his country?
10. As Washington left for the Constitution Convention in 1788, several hazards remained. Describe the hazards.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)