|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city's newspaper did Washington release his farewell address?
(b) New York.
2. How many miles did Washington keep travel after leaving Philadelphia?
(a) 1,500 miles.
(b) 1,887 miles.
(c) 1,777 miles.
(d) 2,000 miles.
3. What did Jefferson study while in Europe?
4. Who was seen as Washington's only rival in leadership at the convention?
(a) James Madison.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
5. What disease plagued Philadelphia in August 1793?
(a) Bubonic plague.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) Yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which country did Washington obtain a mule as a gift?
2. Where did Edmund Charles Genet's warship land?
3. What did Washington think would happen to the government if democratic societies continue to thrive?
4. Who was appointed to succeed Jefferson as Secretary of State?
5. What did Washington see the national capital as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
2. Why was it difficult to establish a new government according to Washington?
3. Why did Alexander Hamilton oppose the idea of "discrimination"?
4. What was the Pennsylvania Democratic Society?
5. Why were the Republicans upset over the Jay Mission?
6. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
7. Describe William Maclay's feelings on George Washington.
8. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
9. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
10. Describe Washington's concern over the French Revolution.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)