|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the Federalists to put pressure on Washington calm Congress down?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) John Jay.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) James Madison.
2. What was Washington glad that John Adams didn't want from the presidential mansion?
(b) Fine wines.
3. What was the name of the group founded by supporters of Genet?
(a) Pennsylvanians for Genet Society.
(b) Pennsylvania Democratic Society.
(c) Delaware Republican Society.
(d) The French Democratic Society.
4. Which city was named the permanent capital in 1790?
(b) Washington, D.C.
5. Who was surprised that Washington ratified the Jay Treaty?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city became the temporary capitol of the United States?
2. Who was appointed to succeed Jefferson as Secretary of State?
3. Who did Washington choose to begin planning the "Federal city"?
4. Who replaced Henry Knox as Secretary of War?
5. On what day in 1783 did Washington arrive in Mount Vernon?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)