|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was appointed Minister to Holland?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) William Short.
(c) Gouverneur Morris
(d) Thomas Pinckney.
2. What was Washington glad that John Adams didn't want from the presidential mansion?
(c) Fine wines.
3. What disease plagued the area around Mount Vernon in 1793?
(a) Yellow fever.
4. How long was the published pamphlet that angrily attacked George Washington?
(a) 103 pages.
(b) 100 pages.
(c) 75 pages.
(d) 50 pages.
5. Who did Washington hire as a secretary?
(a) David Humphreys.
(b) Tobias Lear.
(c) John Fitch.
(d) James Rumsey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two states chartered the Potomac Canal Company?
2. What was in the worst shape in Mount Vernon?
3. Who did Washington appoint as Secretary of War?
4. What was Washington's favorite "charity"?
5. Who wrote "the tree of liberty had to be watered by human blood"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the writing of "The Federalist" persuade Washington?
2. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
3. Describe Hamilton's role in helping Washington write his farewell speech.
4. How did Washington feel about the leadership role at the convention?
5. Describe Washington's concern over the French Revolution.
6. As Washington left for the Constitution Convention in 1788, several hazards remained. Describe the hazards.
7. What was the Pennsylvania Democratic Society?
8. How did the public react to the ratification of the Jay Treaty?
9. Why were the Republicans upset over the Jay Mission?
10. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)