|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Washington's main reason for seeking retirement?
(a) Fear of being killed.
(b) Low public opinion.
(c) Fear of anarchy.
(d) Loss of mental power.
2. Who were people personally upset with concerning the Jay Treaty?
(a) John Jay.
(b) Edmund Randolph.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Oliver Wolcott Jr.
3. What injury did Washington receive when thrown from his horse going to Mount Vernon?
(a) A broken hand.
(b) A head injury.
(c) A "wrench" in his back.
(d) A broken leg.
4. What was Washington's defense against melancholy?
(a) Coffee with friends.
(b) Sitting at his desk.
5. After finding out his new estate manager was ill, Washington traveled to Mount Vernon for how many days?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 14 days.
(d) 5 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was noted as being an "Anglophobe"?
2. Who replaced Henry Knox as Secretary of War?
3. Which two states chartered the Potomac Canal Company?
4. What was in the worst shape in Mount Vernon?
5. What imaginary line was the border for very little capital investment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the Republicans upset over the Jay Mission?
2. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
3. How did Randolph react after returning to the President's room after reading the letter stating that Randolph was a traitor?
4. Why didn't Washington appoint Monroe as envoy to France in 1796?
5. Describe Hamilton's role in helping Washington write his farewell speech.
6. What were Washington's concerns about England and France fighting?
7. As Washington left for the Constitution Convention in 1788, several hazards remained. Describe the hazards.
8. How did Washington visualize the economy?
9. What was Washington's cabinets reaction to rescinding the Provision Order?
10. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)