|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles did Washington keep travel after leaving Philadelphia?
(a) 2,000 miles.
(b) 1,500 miles.
(c) 1,887 miles.
(d) 1,777 miles.
2. Who were people personally upset with concerning the Jay Treaty?
(a) Edmund Randolph.
(b) John Jay.
(c) Oliver Wolcott Jr.
(d) George Washington.
3. What did Washington do with his fork during the tea party?
(a) He ate with the fork.
(b) He played with the fork.
(c) He dropped the fork on the floor.
(d) He through the fork at someone.
4. Who worked out a code with Jefferson to communicate secretly with the leaders of the opposition?
(a) John Adams.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) James Monroe.
5. What disease plagued the area around Mount Vernon in 1793?
(d) Yellow fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city was named the permanent capital in 1790?
2. What did the letter that Pickering gave Washington reveal?
3. Which state boycotted the convention?
4. After Washington left New York in 1783, where did he go?
5. Who replaced Hamilton as Secretary of Treasury?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Washington's concerns about England and France fighting?
2. Why did Alexander Hamilton oppose the idea of "discrimination"?
3. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
4. Describe Edmund Randolph's background and qualifications for Washington's cabinet.
5. Why didn't Washington appoint Monroe as envoy to France in 1796?
6. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
7. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
8. Why was it difficult to establish a new government according to Washington?
9. How did Washington's mother, Mary Bell Washington, feel about her son's duty to his country?
10. How did the public react to the ratification of the Jay Treaty?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)