|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who became one of Washington's financial advisers?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) James Madison.
2. Who was seen as Washington's only rival in leadership at the convention?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) John Adams.
3. What did the Treaty of Alliance commit the U.S. to protect?
(a) The French West Indies.
(c) All French ships.
(d) French settlements in South America.
4. How many French warships appeared in the New York Harbor in 1793?
(a) Three warships.
(b) Five warships.
(c) Ten warships.
(d) Fifteen warships.
5. Who distrusted Washington and was suspicious of Philadelphia society?
(a) David Humphreys.
(b) John Fitch.
(c) Robert Morris.
(d) William Maclay.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Washington's feelings on attending the Constitutional Convention?
2. How did Washington feel about the "spirit of the party" politics?
3. Who sat in the reserved seat to the right of Martha Washington at her tea parties?
4. Who was appointed Minister to Holland?
5. What group did the Indians hate the most in 1783?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Washington visualize the economy?
2. Who was Pierre Charles L'Enfant?
3. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
4. Describe William Maclay's feelings on George Washington.
5. Describe Edmund Randolph's background and qualifications for Washington's cabinet.
6. How did Randolph react after returning to the President's room after reading the letter stating that Randolph was a traitor?
7. Why were the Republicans upset over the Jay Mission?
8. Why did Alexander Hamilton oppose the idea of "discrimination"?
9. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
10. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)