|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the convention scrap after five days of meeting?
(a) The new peace treaty.
(b) The Continental Army.
(c) The Constitution.
(d) The Articles of Confederation.
2. Who did Washington appoint as Secretary of War?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Henry Knox.
(c) James Madison.
(d) John Jay.
3. Which country was nearing a revolution that might cause some foreign affairs issues?
(b) British Canada.
4. How many miles did Washington keep travel after leaving Philadelphia?
(a) 1,887 miles.
(b) 1,500 miles.
(c) 2,000 miles.
(d) 1,777 miles.
5. How did Washington feel about the "spirit of the party" politics?
(a) Washington disagreed with parties.
(b) Washington took a neutral stance when discussing political parties.
(c) Washington did not make any comments regarding parties.
(d) Washington believed parties were good to represent all people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposed the idea of "discrimination" with regard to finances?
2. How did the people feel that Washington was living?
3. Who did Washington choose to begin planning the "Federal city"?
4. Which country did Washington believe the pamphlet "Common Sense" was influenced?
5. Who sat in the reserved seat to the right of Martha Washington at her tea parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Washington appoint Monroe as envoy to France in 1796?
2. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
3. Why did Alexander Hamilton oppose the idea of "discrimination"?
4. Describe William Maclay's feelings on George Washington.
5. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
6. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
7. Describe Edmund Randolph's background and qualifications for Washington's cabinet.
8. How did Randolph react after returning to the President's room after reading the letter stating that Randolph was a traitor?
9. Describe the role of Gouverneur Morris in 1791.
10. What were Washington's concerns about England and France fighting?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)