|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Washington begging him to stay in office?
(a) Eliza Powel.
(b) Martha Washington.
(c) Peggy Shipman.
(d) Sally Fairfax.
2. What did the convention scrap after five days of meeting?
(a) The Articles of Confederation.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) The new peace treaty.
(d) The Continental Army.
3. Which country was nearing a revolution that might cause some foreign affairs issues?
(d) British Canada.
4. Which state was 15 times more populous than Delaware?
(c) North Carolina.
(d) New York.
5. Which two states chartered the Potomac Canal Company?
(a) Delaware and Pennsylvania.
(b) Maryland and Virginia.
(c) Delaware and Maryland.
(d) Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington, after praising civilians and soldiers, wrote an angry letter to whom?
2. Why did Washington have surgery in 1789?
3. Which division of American society contained rocky fields with no agricultural aristocracy?
4. What did Washington see the national capital as?
5. Who was appointed to succeed Jefferson as Secretary of State?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Washington visualize the economy?
2. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
3. Describe Washington's visit to Annapolis in December of 1783.
4. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
5. Describe Washington's concern over the French Revolution.
6. Describe Washington's "taste" in art.
7. How did Randolph react after returning to the President's room after reading the letter stating that Randolph was a traitor?
8. Describe what the Provision Order permitted.
9. How did the public react to the ratification of the Jay Treaty?
10. How did Washington's mother, Mary Bell Washington, feel about her son's duty to his country?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)