|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group was the main concern as Lt. Dinwiddie led the "Ohio Company" to the north?
2. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
3. How did the rookie soldiers respond to the leader at the battle at New York City?
(a) The soldiers disrespected the new leader.
(b) The soldiers fled and panicked.
(c) The soldiers launched a suprise attack.
(d) The soldiers fought like warriors.
4. Who was the greatest combat general in the war according to Washington?
(a) General John Sullivan.
(b) General Howe.
(c) Benedict Arnold.
(d) Thomas Conway.
5. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
(a) He bred cows and horses.
(b) He farmed.
(c) He bred rabbits.
(d) He bred horses and hound dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What neighborhood did Rochambeau's army move to in July 1781?
2. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
3. Who died on the day Washington began his vacation in 1781?
4. Who did Washington send as an envoy to France?
5. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
2. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
3. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
4. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
5. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
6. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
7. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
8. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
9. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
10. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)