|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
2. While the British were not attacking the United States, what was the enemy?
(c) The Hessians.
(d) The French.
3. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
(a) General Howe.
(b) Lord Cornwallis.
(c) Colonel Richard Fitzgerald.
(d) General Greene.
4. What happened to Washington when he rode towards the enemy?
(a) Washington was captured.
(b) Washington was saved by his aides.
(c) Washington was shot and wounded.
(d) Washington fell off his horse.
5. What art did George Washington learn as a teenager?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was George Washington's most prominent relative's occupation?
2. When Washington returned to New York City, what did the British do?
3. What city did George Washington and Count de Rochambeau meet in on September 20, 1780?
4. What did Washington live in fear of daily?
5. What name was given to Washington's most effective spies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
2. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
3. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
4. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
5. Who was General Nathanael Green?
6. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
7. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
8. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
9. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
10. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)