|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city did Washington travel to to attempt getting more recruits and better fortification of the northern army near Canada?
(a) New York City.
(b) Washington D.C.
2. Where did Washington get his reading material?
(a) Imported it from Japan.
(b) Imported it from Germany.
(c) Imported it from Italy.
(d) Imported it from England.
3. Who was the greatest combat general in the war according to Washington?
(a) General John Sullivan.
(b) Thomas Conway.
(c) Benedict Arnold.
(d) General Howe.
4. Who died on the day Washington began his vacation in 1781?
(a) Daniel Parke Custis.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Martha Washington.
(d) John Parke Custis.
5. What did Washington pull from his pocket to wear that only Washington's closest friends knew he had?
(a) Bow tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
2. How far did Washington's troops have to march to reach the Hessian soldiers' encampment?
3. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
4. What did Washington live in fear of daily?
5. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
2. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
3. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
4. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
5. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
6. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
7. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
8. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
9. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
10. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)