|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In May of 1778, which country recognized the independence of the United States?
(d) Great Britain.
2. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
(a) Adjunct General of Virginia.
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) Adjunct General of Delaware.
3. What document, written by Thomas Paine, renewed patriotic enthusiasm?
(a) U.S. Constitution.
(b) Declaration of Independence.
(c) Common Sense.
4. What did Washington enjoy reading?
(a) Non-fiction novels.
(b) Agricultural manuals.
(c) Horse and buggy manuals.
(d) Fiction novels.
5. Who betrayed Washington's friendship at a retreat in New Jersey?
(a) Joseph Reed.
(b) John Andre.
(c) John Sullivan.
(d) Benedict Arnold.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
2. What was George Washington's most prominent relative's occupation?
3. When Washington returned to New York City, what did the British do?
4. What did Washington pull from his pocket to wear that only Washington's closest friends knew he had?
5. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was General Nathanael Green?
2. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
3. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
4. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
5. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
6. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
7. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
8. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
9. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
10. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)