|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
(a) The Indies.
(d) South America.
2. Washington believed he was cheated out of a victory at the Battle of Monmouth by which person?
(a) Lord Cornwallis.
(b) Thomas Conway.
(c) General Howe.
(d) General Lee.
3. What was Washington's estate known as?
(a) Mount Washington.
(b) Washington Acres.
(c) Washington Estates.
(d) Mount Vernon.
4. What did Congress request regarding supplies for the Continental Army?
(a) The supplies could only be purchased from France.
(b) States supply their own regiments.
(c) States pay Congress for supplies.
(d) The supplies could only be purchased from Italy.
5. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The French.
(c) The British.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
2. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
3. What was the name of the movement to take Washington out of power?
4. Who was Charles Lee?
5. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
2. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
3. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
4. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
5. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
6. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
7. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
8. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
9. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
10. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)