|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Washington receive fatherly advice from?
2. How many years did Washington want military tours of duty to be?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. What did Washington pull from his pocket to wear that only Washington's closest friends knew he had?
(d) Bow tie.
4. How many times was George Washington's father married?
(a) 3 times.
(b) 1 time.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 2 times.
5. To whom did Washington sell his extra produce?
(a) Oliver Evans.
(b) Merchants in Alexandria.
(c) The British.
(d) Merchants in Philadelphia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Washington chosen for his first military experience?
2. What city did Washington travel to to attempt getting more recruits and better fortification of the northern army near Canada?
3. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
4. Who was Thomas Mifflin?
5. Where did Washington buy his best clothes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
2. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
3. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
4. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
5. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
6. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
7. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
8. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
9. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
10. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)