|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The French.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The British.
2. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
(b) Adjunct General of Delaware.
(c) Adjunct General of Virginia.
(d) Secretary of State.
3. Who was in charge of the British forces in Germantown?
(a) General Howe.
(b) General Greene.
(c) Lord Cornwallis.
(d) Thomas Conway.
4. Why was Washington chosen for his first military experience?
(a) His local prominence.
(b) His surveying and wilderness skills.
(c) His negotiating skills.
(d) His leadership skills.
5. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
(b) New York City.
(c) The Long Island shore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Washington get his reading material?
2. How many well-fed and well-armed men did Washington have at West Point?
3. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
4. What state did Cornwallis "rage through like an invincible lion"?
5. What did Congress request regarding supplies for the Continental Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
2. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
3. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
4. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
5. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
6. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
7. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
8. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
9. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
10. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)