|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Major General John Sullivan.
(c) King George IV.
(d) King George III.
2. Why was Washington chosen for his first military experience?
(a) His negotiating skills.
(b) His local prominence.
(c) His leadership skills.
(d) His surveying and wilderness skills.
3. How many times was George Washington's father married?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 1 time.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 2 times.
4. Where did Washington get his reading material?
(a) Imported it from Germany.
(b) Imported it from Italy.
(c) Imported it from England.
(d) Imported it from Japan.
5. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Washington marry?
2. What art did George Washington learn as a teenager?
3. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
4. Who was Horatio Gates?
5. What was George Washington's most prominent relative's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
2. Who was General Nathanael Green?
3. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
4. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
5. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
6. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
7. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
8. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
9. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
10. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)