|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
(a) A planter.
(b) A cobbler.
(c) A sea trader.
(d) A blacksmith.
2. In December of 1776, Washington's troops crossed which body of water?
(a) The Delaware River.
(b) Boston Harbor.
(c) The Potomac River.
(d) Chesapeake Bay.
3. Who objected to Washington's participation in military activities?
(a) Sally Fairfax.
(b) George Fairfax.
(c) Lord Fairfax.
(d) Mary Ball Washington.
4. What was the name of the movement to take Washington out of power?
(a) Down with Washington.
(b) Conway Cabal.
(c) Greene's Gambles.
(d) Conway Controversy.
5. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
(a) General Howe.
(b) General Greene.
(c) Lord Cornwallis.
(d) Colonel Richard Fitzgerald.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Washington get his reading material?
2. What did Washington invent after determining the amount of grains in a bushel of timothy?
3. Who was Charles Lee?
4. How did Washington's wife react to Washington's new role as head of the Continental Army?
5. Who realized that " Washington's magic was still so great that Congress would not vote to discharge him"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
2. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
3. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
4. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
5. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
6. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
7. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
8. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
9. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
10. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)