|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Washington understand about the American people regarding British control?
(a) The American people were good partners with the British.
(b) The American people were content.
(c) The American people could not remain under this control.
(d) The American people should have supported Spain.
2. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) July 4, 1776.
(b) July 4, 1775.
(c) July 6, 1776.
(d) July 6, 1775.
3. What city did Washington travel to to attempt getting more recruits and better fortification of the northern army near Canada?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
4. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
(a) Lord Cornwallis.
(b) General Washington.
(c) General Anthony Wayne.
(d) Thomas Conway.
5. What city did George Washington and Count de Rochambeau meet in on September 20, 1780?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state was George Washington born?
2. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
3. In what city was the main British base in New Jersey?
4. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
5. Washington believed he was cheated out of a victory at the Battle of Monmouth by which person?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
2. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
3. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
4. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
5. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
6. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
7. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
8. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
9. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
10. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)