|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
2. Who died on the day Washington began his vacation in 1781?
(a) Daniel Parke Custis.
(b) John Parke Custis.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) Martha Washington.
3. How did Washington's wife react to Washington's new role as head of the Continental Army?
(a) Was upset and reluctantly supported Washington.
(b) Told George's mother and she stopped him from fighting.
(c) United with Washington to help the revolutionary effort.
(d) Told George that he was on his own.
4. To whom did Washington sell his extra produce?
(a) Merchants in Alexandria.
(b) Oliver Evans.
(c) The British.
(d) Merchants in Philadelphia.
5. Who was Joseph Reed?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A British immigrant and military genius.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A British military officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who realized that " Washington's magic was still so great that Congress would not vote to discharge him"?
2. Who did Washington marry?
3. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
4. Which group was the main concern as Lt. Dinwiddie led the "Ohio Company" to the north?
5. In what city was the main British base in New Jersey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
2. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
3. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
4. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
5. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
6. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
7. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
8. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
9. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
10. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)