|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Washington was named head of the Continental Army, how did he feel?
(a) Ready to fight.
2. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
(a) In the minds of the people.
(b) In Philadelphia.
(c) In Boston.
(d) On the battlefield.
3. What neighborhood did Rochambeau's army move to in July 1781?
(a) Dobbs Ferry.
(b) Manhattan Ferry.
(c) Harpers Ferry.
(d) Washington Ferry.
4. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
(a) General Greene.
(b) Colonel Richard Fitzgerald.
(c) Lord Cornwallis.
(d) General Howe.
5. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Battle of Monmouth, which state did the British retreat behind their fortifications?
2. Who was Joseph Reed?
3. Who died on the day Washington began his vacation in 1781?
4. When Washington returned to New York City, what did the British do?
5. When Washington was six, his family moved to which city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
2. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
3. Who was General Nathanael Green?
4. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
5. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
6. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
7. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
8. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
9. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
10. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)