|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the greatest combat general when attacking Quebec?
(a) He was left behind.
(b) He was killed.
(c) He retreated.
(d) He was wounded.
2. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
(a) In Boston.
(b) In Philadelphia.
(c) On the battlefield.
(d) In the minds of the people.
3. Where was the British blockade located that forced the Continental Army into a harsh winter without supplies?
(a) Potomac River.
(b) Boston Harbor.
(c) Delaware River.
(d) Chesapeake Bay.
4. Where did Washington get his reading material?
(a) Imported it from Japan.
(b) Imported it from England.
(c) Imported it from Italy.
(d) Imported it from Germany.
5. What city did George Washington and Count de Rochambeau meet in on September 20, 1780?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Washington invent after determining the amount of grains in a bushel of timothy?
2. Why was Washington chosen for his first military experience?
3. What happened to Washington when he rode towards the enemy?
4. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
5. Who was the greatest combat general in the war according to Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
2. Who was General Nathanael Green?
3. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
4. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
5. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
6. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
7. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
8. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
9. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
10. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)