|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of death was ordered for spies?
(a) Spies were hung.
(b) Spies were shot.
(c) Spies were drowned.
(d) Spies were dragged.
2. How many times was George Washington's father married?
(a) 3 times.
(b) 1 time.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 2 times.
3. In December of 1776, Washington's troops crossed which body of water?
(a) The Potomac River.
(b) Chesapeake Bay.
(c) Boston Harbor.
(d) The Delaware River.
4. What happened to Washington when he rode towards the enemy?
(a) Washington fell off his horse.
(b) Washington was shot and wounded.
(c) Washington was saved by his aides.
(d) Washington was captured.
5. What did Washington invent after determining the amount of grains in a bushel of timothy?
(a) A sander.
(b) A plow.
(c) A buggy.
(d) A tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
2. How many well-fed and well-armed men did Washington have at West Point?
3. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
4. When Washington returned to New York City, what did the British do?
5. Who objected to Washington's participation in military activities?
Short Essay Questions
1. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
2. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
3. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
4. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
5. Who was General Nathanael Green?
6. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
7. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
8. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
9. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
10. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)