|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name was given to Washington's most effective spies?
(a) Tory girls.
(c) Guerilla fighters
2. Which group was the main concern as Lt. Dinwiddie led the "Ohio Company" to the north?
3. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
(a) Lord Cornwallis.
(b) General Washington.
(c) General Anthony Wayne.
(d) Thomas Conway.
4. Who did Washington receive fatherly advice from?
5. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
(a) Colonel Richard Fitzgerald.
(b) General Howe.
(c) Lord Cornwallis.
(d) General Greene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city were the Hessian soldiers encamped in 1777?
2. Who was Horatio Gates?
3. Who did Washington send as an envoy to France?
4. Which city's merchants established a paper money system that would not depreciate?
5. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
2. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
3. Who was General Nathanael Green?
4. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
5. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
6. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
7. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
8. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
9. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
10. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)