|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name was given to Washington's most effective spies?
(a) Guerilla fighters
(d) Tory girls.
2. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) July 4, 1776.
(b) July 6, 1776.
(c) July 6, 1775.
(d) July 4, 1775.
3. Who was the greatest combat general in the war according to Washington?
(a) Thomas Conway.
(b) General John Sullivan.
(c) Benedict Arnold.
(d) General Howe.
4. Who did Washington send as an envoy to France?
(a) Benedict Arnold.
(b) Colonel John Laurens.
(c) John Andre.
(d) General Greene.
5. Who did Washington marry?
(a) Mary Dandridge Custis.
(b) Martha Dandridge Custis.
(c) Sally Fairfax.
(d) Betsy Ross.
Short Answer Questions
1. What method of death was ordered for spies?
2. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
3. Who was Thomas Mifflin?
4. What did the American colonists throw overboard into the Boston Harbor?
5. What city were the Hessian soldiers encamped in 1777?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
2. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
3. Describe the British operations after becoming tired of the Ohio Wilderness in 1755.
4. Describe what George Washington was by birth and training according to Flexner.
5. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
6. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
7. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
8. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
9. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
10. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)