|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Washington want military tours of duty to be?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
2. Who was in charge of the British forces in Germantown?
(a) General Greene.
(b) Lord Cornwallis.
(c) Thomas Conway.
(d) General Howe.
3. Who was the greatest combat general in the war according to Washington?
(a) General John Sullivan.
(b) General Howe.
(c) Benedict Arnold.
(d) Thomas Conway.
4. What was George Washington's most prominent relative's occupation?
(a) War general.
(b) Sea trader.
5. How far did Washington's troops have to march to reach the Hessian soldiers' encampment?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 9 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Washington was six, his family moved to which city?
2. Who betrayed Washington's friendship at a retreat in New Jersey?
3. Washington believed he was cheated out of a victory at the Battle of Monmouth by which person?
4. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
5. What happened to Washington when he rode towards the enemy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
2. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
3. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
4. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
5. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
6. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
7. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
8. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
9. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
10. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)