|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who betrayed Washington's friendship at a retreat in New Jersey?
(a) Benedict Arnold.
(b) Joseph Reed.
(c) John Andre.
(d) John Sullivan.
2. What year did the First Continental Congress meet?
3. Who did Washington marry?
(a) Betsy Ross.
(b) Sally Fairfax.
(c) Mary Dandridge Custis.
(d) Martha Dandridge Custis.
4. Where did Washington buy his best clothes?
(a) Countries abroad.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) A local store in Virginia.
(d) A local store near Mount Vernon.
5. Who was installed as the British officer in charge of American forces in 1754?
(a) General Edward Braddock.
(b) Lord Loundoun.
(c) King George III.
(d) Lord Cornwallis.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the British were not attacking the United States, what was the enemy?
2. What art did George Washington learn as a teenager?
3. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
4. How old was George Washington when his father died?
5. What river did Washington's horse fall into after the bridge gave way?
Short Essay Questions
1. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
2. Describe Washington's feelings on the individual versus societies or parties.
3. How did the writing of "The Federalist" persuade Washington?
4. Why was Jefferson concerned about President Washington's trip to the southern states?
5. Who was Pierre Charles L'Enfant?
6. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
7. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
8. What was "Washington's Legacy" described in Chapter 23 "Goodbye to War"?
9. Describe Hamilton's role in helping Washington write his farewell speech.
10. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)