|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
(a) A planter.
(b) A sea trader.
(c) A cobbler.
(d) A blacksmith.
2. How many years did Washington want military tours of duty to be?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
(a) Lord Cornwallis.
(b) General Anthony Wayne.
(c) Thomas Conway.
(d) General Washington.
4. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
(a) The Indies.
(d) South America.
5. How many men made up the British army that occupied Germantown?
Short Answer Questions
1. While the British were not attacking the United States, what was the enemy?
2. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
3. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
4. Who was Thomas Mifflin?
5. Who was installed as the British officer in charge of American forces in 1754?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
2. Describe George Washington's childhood home.
3. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
4. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
5. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
6. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
7. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
8. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
9. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
10. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)