|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
(a) His cabin.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The nearest horse.
(d) The river.
2. When Washington was named head of the Continental Army, how did he feel?
(c) Ready to fight.
3. Where was the British blockade located that forced the Continental Army into a harsh winter without supplies?
(a) Delaware River.
(b) Potomac River.
(c) Boston Harbor.
(d) Chesapeake Bay.
4. What state was George Washington born?
5. How many men made up the British army that occupied Germantown?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
2. Who objected to Washington's participation in military activities?
3. What did Washington live in fear of daily?
4. Who was installed as the British officer in charge of American forces in 1754?
5. When Washington returned to New York City, what did the British do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
2. What was bothering Washington as 1775 was coming to an end?
3. Describe the British encampment in Germantown.
4. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
5. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
6. What was Washington's favorite military strategy?
7. How did Martha Washington support her husband?
8. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
9. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
10. Why did General John Forbes dislike George Washington?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)