|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
(a) In Boston.
(b) In Philadelphia.
(c) In the minds of the people.
(d) On the battlefield.
2. What cash crop did Washington rely on for the most profit?
(a) Sugar cane.
3. Who was in charge of the British forces in Germantown?
(a) General Greene.
(b) General Howe.
(c) Thomas Conway.
(d) Lord Cornwallis.
4. How many men made up the British army that occupied Germantown?
5. What did Washington understand about the American people regarding British control?
(a) The American people should have supported Spain.
(b) The American people were content.
(c) The American people were good partners with the British.
(d) The American people could not remain under this control.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington believed he was cheated out of a victory at the Battle of Monmouth by which person?
2. What river did Washington's horse fall into after the bridge gave way?
3. Who was installed as the British officer in charge of American forces in 1754?
4. Where did Washington get his reading material?
5. What document, written by Thomas Paine, renewed patriotic enthusiasm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the British troop movement in the days of that led to the arrival of the Declaration of Independence in New York.
2. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
3. Washington began constructing a village outside of Philadelphia. Describe the huts and the living conditions of the soldiers.
4. Who was General Nathanael Green?
5. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
6. Describe Fort Le Boeuf.
7. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
8. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
9. What were Washington's feelings on the Boston Tea Party?
10. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)