|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
(a) South America.
(c) The Indies.
2. What year did the First Continental Congress meet?
3. Where did Washington believe the war would be won?
(a) In Philadelphia.
(b) In Boston.
(c) On the battlefield.
(d) In the minds of the people.
4. What state was George Washington born?
5. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
(a) Thomas Conway.
(b) Lord Cornwallis.
(c) General Washington.
(d) General Anthony Wayne.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Battle of Monmouth, which state did the British retreat behind their fortifications?
2. Which city's merchants established a paper money system that would not depreciate?
3. What was Washington's estate known as?
4. Who realized that " Washington's magic was still so great that Congress would not vote to discharge him"?
5. Who was Thomas Mifflin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Randolph react after returning to the President's room after reading the letter stating that Randolph was a traitor?
2. Why would it have been difficult for Washington to call a special session of Congress?
3. In Chapter 16 "The Road Turns Upward," why did Washington re-think attacking the British after being completely prepared?
4. What were George Washington's feelings about Sally Fairfax?
5. How did Washington react to various pamphlets that circulated after his retirement?
6. What was the source of Washington's excitement in July of 1778?
7. As Washington left for the Constitution Convention in 1788, several hazards remained. Describe the hazards.
8. Why did Washington struggle placing Arnold at West Point?
9. What was unique about George Washington versus other officers regarding combat?
10. How did the writing of "The Federalist" persuade Washington?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)