|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
(a) Three child.
(b) Two child.
(c) No children.
(d) One child.
2. Who was the greatest combat general in the war according to Washington?
(a) General Howe.
(b) General John Sullivan.
(c) Thomas Conway.
(d) Benedict Arnold.
3. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
(a) He bred cows and horses.
(b) He farmed.
(c) He bred rabbits.
(d) He bred horses and hound dogs.
4. To whom did Washington sell his extra produce?
(a) Merchants in Alexandria.
(b) Oliver Evans.
(c) Merchants in Philadelphia.
(d) The British.
5. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
(a) The river.
(b) The nearest horse.
(c) His cabin.
(d) The mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
2. What name was given to Washington's most effective spies?
3. Where did Washington get his reading material?
4. Where was the British blockade located that forced the Continental Army into a harsh winter without supplies?
5. How many times was George Washington's father married?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cornwallis and Greene's military moves in 1781.
2. What was the British response after the Battle of Monmouth?
3. How did George Washington fortify the area of Dorchester Neck?
4. How did Benedict Arnold attempt to impress his love, Peggy Shipman?
5. Describe Horatio Gates appearance.
6. Between 1768-1775, what changes occurred to Mount Vernon?
7. Describe the future Mrs. Washington's appearance.
8. Explain Washington's crossing of the Delaware River in 1777.
9. Why did George Washington dislike Thomas Conway?
10. How did George Washington feel about slavery?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)