|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day in 1783 did Washington arrive in Mount Vernon?
(a) New Years Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) His birthday.
(d) Christmas Day.
2. Which country did Washington believe the pamphlet "Common Sense" was influenced?
3. What was the name of the group founded by supporters of Genet?
(a) Pennsylvanians for Genet Society.
(b) Delaware Republican Society.
(c) The French Democratic Society.
(d) Pennsylvania Democratic Society.
4. What imaginary line was the border for very little capital investment?
(a) No Compromise line.
(b) Mason-Dixon line.
(c) East-West line.
(d) North-South line.
5. After finding out his new estate manager was ill, Washington traveled to Mount Vernon for how many days?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 14 days.
(d) 10 days.
6. What city did Washington ask his cabinet to meet?
(c) Mount Vernon.
7. What did the Secretary of Treasury urge Congress to charter?
(a) A new canal company.
(b) A new blacksmith company.
(c) A new agricultural company.
(d) The Bank of the United States.
8. Who worked out a code with Jefferson to communicate secretly with the leaders of the opposition?
(a) John Adams.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) James Monroe.
9. Which two states chartered the Potomac Canal Company?
(a) Maryland and Virginia.
(b) Virginia and Pennsylvania.
(c) Delaware and Maryland.
(d) Delaware and Pennsylvania.
10. Who was surprised that Washington ratified the Jay Treaty?
11. Where did Washington send the order to allow Randolph to reveal the plans?
(a) Mount Vernon.
(c) New York.
12. Who were people personally upset with concerning the Jay Treaty?
(a) John Jay.
(b) Oliver Wolcott Jr.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Edmund Randolph.
13. How did Washington feel when it came to foreign issues?
(a) He thought it was important to stay neutral.
(b) He sided with Britain.
(c) He sided with the French.
(d) He paid another country to get involved for us.
14. What did Washington think would happen to the government if democratic societies continue to thrive?
(a) The government would get stronger.
(b) The government would get weaker.
(c) The government would remain the same.
(d) The government would be destroyed.
15. What group did the Indians hate the most in 1783?
(a) The United States.
(b) Spanish Louisiana.
(c) The French.
(d) British Canada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Washington's favorite "charity"?
2. Who was noted as being an "Anglophobe"?
3. Who distrusted Washington and was suspicious of Philadelphia society?
4. What was in the worst shape in Mount Vernon?
5. What did the letter that Pickering gave Washington reveal?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)