|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the Federalists to put pressure on Washington calm Congress down?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Jay.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
2. Which state was 15 times more populous than Delaware?
(a) New York.
(c) North Carolina.
3. Who was appointed Minister to Holland?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) William Short.
(c) Thomas Pinckney.
(d) Gouverneur Morris
4. Who wrote "the tree of liberty had to be watered by human blood"?
(a) John Adams.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Washington.
5. What group did the Indians hate the most in 1783?
(a) The United States.
(b) The French.
(c) British Canada.
(d) Spanish Louisiana.
6. What disease plagued the area around Mount Vernon in 1793?
(b) Yellow fever.
7. What city's newspaper did Washington release his farewell address?
(b) New York.
8. After Washington left New York in 1783, where did he go?
9. From which country did Washington obtain a mule as a gift?
10. What time was dinner usually served at Mount Vernon?
(a) 1:00 p.m.
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
11. How many pounds of sterling did Washington loose during the war?
(a) 15,000 pounds.
(b) 10,000 pounds.
(c) 25,000 pounds.
(d) 5,000 pounds.
12. How did Washington feel when it came to foreign issues?
(a) He sided with Britain.
(b) He sided with the French.
(c) He thought it was important to stay neutral.
(d) He paid another country to get involved for us.
13. What imaginary line was the border for very little capital investment?
(a) Mason-Dixon line.
(b) North-South line.
(c) No Compromise line.
(d) East-West line.
14. Who sat in the reserved seat to the right of Martha Washington at her tea parties?
(a) Abigail Adams.
(b) The mayor of Philadelphia's wife.
(c) George Washington.
(d) The wife of John Jay.
15. How many French warships appeared in the New York Harbor in 1793?
(a) Five warships.
(b) Fifteen warships.
(c) Ten warships.
(d) Three warships.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced Hamilton as Secretary of Treasury?
2. Why did Washington have surgery in 1789?
3. What city was near the "fall line" of navigable rivers?
4. What city did Washington ask his cabinet to meet?
5. Who replaced Henry Knox as Secretary of War?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)