|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was responsible for representing Washington's government in Paris?
(a) James Monroe.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. What state did the Whiskey rebellion take place?
(d) New York.
3. What disease plagued the area around Mount Vernon in 1793?
(a) Yellow fever.
4. How many miles did Washington keep travel after leaving Philadelphia?
(a) 2,000 miles.
(b) 1,887 miles.
(c) 1,777 miles.
(d) 1,500 miles.
5. What did the Treaty of Alliance commit the U.S. to protect?
(b) All French ships.
(c) The French West Indies.
(d) French settlements in South America.
6. Who did Washington appoint as Secretary of War?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) Henry Knox.
(d) John Jay.
7. When did word of a European country's revolution reach the U.S.?
(a) December 1792.
(b) June 1776.
(c) December 1776.
(d) June 1792.
8. Who led the Federalists to put pressure on Washington calm Congress down?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Jay.
(d) James Madison.
9. What did Washington do with his fork during the tea party?
(a) He dropped the fork on the floor.
(b) He played with the fork.
(c) He through the fork at someone.
(d) He ate with the fork.
10. What did the letter that Pickering gave Washington reveal?
(a) Wolcott was a traitor.
(b) Hamilton was a traitor.
(c) Bradford was a traitor.
(d) Randolph was a traitor.
11. What city did Washington ask his cabinet to meet?
(d) Mount Vernon.
12. What group did the Indians hate the most in 1783?
(a) Spanish Louisiana.
(b) The French.
(c) British Canada.
(d) The United States.
13. Who was appointed to succeed Jefferson as Secretary of State?
(a) Thomas Johnson.
(b) John Jay.
(c) Robert Livingston.
(d) Edmund Randolph.
14. How did Washington feel about Mount Vernon after serving eight years as President?
(a) Washington loved Mount Vernon.
(b) Washington felt like a stranger in his own land.
(c) Washington felt that Mount Vernon never changed.
(d) Washington believed Mount Vernon was a great place to continue living.
15. Where did Edmund Charles Genet's warship land?
(a) Charleston, SC.
(b) Trenton, NJ.
(c) Philadelphia, PA.
(d) Richmond, VA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was seen as Washington's only rival in leadership at the convention?
2. Who was opposed to the idea of "discrimination" with regard to finances?
3. Who were people personally upset with concerning the Jay Treaty?
4. Who distrusted Washington and was suspicious of Philadelphia society?
5. What city's newspaper did Washington release his farewell address?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)