Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were Washington's feelings on attending the Constitutional Convention?
(a) He felt obligated to attend.
(b) He was anxious to attend.
(c) He dreaded attending.
(d) He was excited to attend.
2. Who was opposed to the idea of "discrimination" with regard to finances?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) John Adams.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
3. Who sat in the reserved seat to the right of Martha Washington at her tea parties?
(a) The wife of John Jay.
(b) Abigail Adams.
(c) George Washington.
(d) The mayor of Philadelphia's wife.
4. What British governmental decree permitted the removal of goods from neutral bottoms?
(a) Consolato del Mare.
(b) Neutrality Order.
(c) Federalist Order.
(d) Provision Order.
5. What did the British say they would do once the peace treaty was signed?
(a) Attack Trenton.
(b) Attack New York.
(c) Evacuate New York.
(d) Leave Philadelphia.
6. Whose resignation did Washington receive on July 31, 1793?
(a) Henry Knox.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) John Jay.
7. Why did Washington have surgery in 1789?
(a) A war injury.
(b) A tumor.
(d) A broken bone.
8. The delegates argued not only during debates, but also argued over what?
(a) State issues.
(b) Gun rights.
(d) Tavern tables.
9. Who wrote "the tree of liberty had to be watered by human blood"?
(a) James Madison.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) George Washington.
(d) John Adams.
10. What did Washington see the national capital as?
(a) A place to protest.
(b) A place to reconcile disagreements.
(c) A place to argue.
(d) A place to physically fight.
11. What state did the Whiskey rebellion take place?
(b) New York.
12. What was the name of the group founded by supporters of Genet?
(a) Pennsylvanians for Genet Society.
(b) The French Democratic Society.
(c) Delaware Republican Society.
(d) Pennsylvania Democratic Society.
13. What did Jefferson study while in Europe?
14. What did Washington think would happen to the government if democratic societies continue to thrive?
(a) The government would be destroyed.
(b) The government would get stronger.
(c) The government would get weaker.
(d) The government would remain the same.
15. What did the Treaty of Alliance commit the U.S. to protect?
(a) French settlements in South America.
(b) All French ships.
(d) The French West Indies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the worst shape in Mount Vernon?
2. Which city became the temporary capitol of the United States?
3. What disease plagued the area around Mount Vernon in 1793?
4. Who was seen as Washington's only rival in leadership at the convention?
5. What was Washington's defense against melancholy?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)