|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many French warships appeared in the New York Harbor in 1793?
(a) Five warships.
(b) Fifteen warships.
(c) Ten warships.
(d) Three warships.
2. What state did the Whiskey rebellion take place?
(d) New York.
3. What did the letter that Pickering gave Washington reveal?
(a) Wolcott was a traitor.
(b) Bradford was a traitor.
(c) Randolph was a traitor.
(d) Hamilton was a traitor.
4. Which area of the U.S. did Washington tour in April of 1791?
(a) The frontier.
(b) The South.
(c) New England.
(d) Middle colonies.
5. What was Washington glad that John Adams didn't want from the presidential mansion?
(c) Fine wines.
6. Who did Washington appoint to the position of Attorney General?
(a) John Jay.
(b) James Madison.
(c) Edmund Randolph.
(d) Henry Knox.
7. Who did Washington choose to begin planning the "Federal city"?
(b) Pierre Charles L'Enfant.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
8. When did word of a European country's revolution reach the U.S.?
(a) June 1776.
(b) December 1776.
(c) June 1792.
(d) December 1792.
9. Who was surprised that Washington ratified the Jay Treaty?
10. From which country did Washington obtain a mule as a gift?
11. Which city was named the permanent capital in 1790?
(a) Washington, D.C.
12. Who were people personally upset with concerning the Jay Treaty?
(a) Edmund Randolph.
(b) Oliver Wolcott Jr.
(c) John Jay.
(d) George Washington.
13. What was the name of the group founded by supporters of Genet?
(a) Delaware Republican Society.
(b) Pennsylvania Democratic Society.
(c) Pennsylvanians for Genet Society.
(d) The French Democratic Society.
14. Who reported to the British government that the U.S. would agree to a "watered down" neutrality?
(a) George Hammond.
(b) James Monroe.
(c) General Howe.
(d) John Jay.
15. Where did Edmund Charles Genet's warship land?
(a) Trenton, NJ.
(b) Charleston, SC.
(c) Richmond, VA.
(d) Philadelphia, PA.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Washington have surgery in 1789?
2. What time was dinner usually served at Mount Vernon?
3. Washington, after praising civilians and soldiers, wrote an angry letter to whom?
4. How many pounds of sterling did Washington loose during the war?
5. What disease plagued the area around Mount Vernon in 1793?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)