|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died on the day Washington began his vacation in 1781?
(a) John Parke Custis.
(b) Martha Washington.
(c) Daniel Parke Custis.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
2. Where did Washington get his reading material?
(a) Imported it from Japan.
(b) Imported it from England.
(c) Imported it from Germany.
(d) Imported it from Italy.
3. Who did Washington send as an envoy to France?
(a) Colonel John Laurens.
(b) John Andre.
(c) Benedict Arnold.
(d) General Greene.
4. What did Washington pull from his pocket to wear that only Washington's closest friends knew he had?
(b) Bow tie.
5. What year did the First Continental Congress meet?
6. What cash crop did Washington rely on for the most profit?
(b) Sugar cane.
7. Who did Washington receive fatherly advice from?
8. What did Congress request regarding supplies for the Continental Army?
(a) The supplies could only be purchased from Italy.
(b) States pay Congress for supplies.
(c) States supply their own regiments.
(d) The supplies could only be purchased from France.
9. What was Washington's estate known as?
(a) Mount Vernon.
(b) Mount Washington.
(c) Washington Acres.
(d) Washington Estates.
10. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) July 6, 1775.
(b) July 4, 1775.
(c) July 4, 1776.
(d) July 6, 1776.
11. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
(a) King George IV.
(b) Major General John Sullivan.
(c) George Washington.
(d) King George III.
12. To whom did Washington sell his extra produce?
(a) The British.
(b) Merchants in Philadelphia.
(c) Merchants in Alexandria.
(d) Oliver Evans.
13. What did Washington understand about the American people regarding British control?
(a) The American people should have supported Spain.
(b) The American people were content.
(c) The American people were good partners with the British.
(d) The American people could not remain under this control.
14. What city did George Washington and Count de Rochambeau meet in on September 20, 1780?
(d) New York.
15. What art did George Washington learn as a teenager?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Washington's wife react to Washington's new role as head of the Continental Army?
2. Who did Washington marry?
3. Who was in charge of the British forces in Germantown?
4. Which two countries began battling in the United States in 1755?
5. Who realized that " Washington's magic was still so great that Congress would not vote to discharge him"?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)