|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
(a) One child.
(b) Three child.
(c) No children.
(d) Two child.
2. What was the name of the movement to take Washington out of power?
(a) Greene's Gambles.
(b) Conway Cabal.
(c) Down with Washington.
(d) Conway Controversy.
3. What name was given to Washington's most effective spies?
(b) Guerilla fighters
(c) Tory girls.
4. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
(a) Secretary of State.
(c) Adjunct General of Virginia.
(d) Adjunct General of Delaware.
5. After the Battle of Monmouth, which state did the British retreat behind their fortifications?
(d) New York.
6. What happened to the greatest combat general when attacking Quebec?
(a) He was left behind.
(b) He retreated.
(c) He was killed.
(d) He was wounded.
7. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
(a) A planter.
(b) A sea trader.
(c) A cobbler.
(d) A blacksmith.
8. What did Washington invent after determining the amount of grains in a bushel of timothy?
(a) A buggy.
(b) A plow.
(c) A sander.
(d) A tractor.
9. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
(a) King George III.
(b) Major General John Sullivan.
(c) King George IV.
(d) George Washington.
10. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
(a) The French.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The British.
11. Who was the greatest combat general in the war according to Washington?
(a) Benedict Arnold.
(b) Thomas Conway.
(c) General Howe.
(d) General John Sullivan.
12. How many times was George Washington's father married?
(a) 3 times.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 2 times.
(d) 1 time.
13. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
(a) Lord Cornwallis.
(b) General Greene.
(c) Colonel Richard Fitzgerald.
(d) General Howe.
14. What was George Washington's most prominent relative's occupation?
(a) War general.
(b) Sea trader.
15. What did Washington understand about the American people regarding British control?
(a) The American people should have supported Spain.
(b) The American people could not remain under this control.
(c) The American people were good partners with the British.
(d) The American people were content.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cash crop did Washington rely on for the most profit?
2. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
3. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
4. Who was Horatio Gates?
5. What happened to Washington when he rode towards the enemy?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)