|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Washington buy his best clothes?
(a) A local store near Mount Vernon.
(b) A local store in Virginia.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Countries abroad.
2. Who was in charge of the British forces in Germantown?
(a) General Greene.
(b) Lord Cornwallis.
(c) General Howe.
(d) Thomas Conway.
3. Who was Horatio Gates?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A British immigrant and military genius.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A British military officer.
4. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
(a) Adjunct General of Virginia.
(c) Adjunct General of Delaware.
(d) Secretary of State.
5. Washington believed he was cheated out of a victory at the Battle of Monmouth by which person?
(a) General Howe.
(b) Thomas Conway.
(c) Lord Cornwallis.
(d) General Lee.
6. Who did Washington send as an envoy to France?
(a) Colonel John Laurens.
(b) John Andre.
(c) General Greene.
(d) Benedict Arnold.
7. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
(a) A blacksmith.
(b) A cobbler.
(c) A planter.
(d) A sea trader.
8. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
(a) Major General John Sullivan.
(b) King George III.
(c) George Washington.
(d) King George IV.
9. What did Washington understand about the American people regarding British control?
(a) The American people should have supported Spain.
(b) The American people could not remain under this control.
(c) The American people were good partners with the British.
(d) The American people were content.
10. How many men made up the British army that occupied Germantown?
11. After the Battle of Monmouth, which state did the British retreat behind their fortifications?
(d) New York.
12. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
13. How many times was George Washington's father married?
(a) 2 times.
(b) 1 time.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 2 times.
14. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
(a) One child.
(b) Three child.
(c) No children.
(d) Two child.
15. What did Washington pull from his pocket to wear that only Washington's closest friends knew he had?
(c) Bow tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
2. How did Washington's wife react to Washington's new role as head of the Continental Army?
3. Who did Washington leave in charge at the battle at New York City?
4. Who was installed as the British officer in charge of American forces in 1754?
5. What happened to Washington when he rode towards the enemy?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)