|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was George Washington when his father died?
(a) 11 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 2 years old.
2. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
3. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The nearest horse.
(c) His cabin.
(d) The river.
4. Which city's merchants established a paper money system that would not depreciate?
(a) Mount Vernon.
5. In what city was the main British base in New Jersey?
6. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
(a) Thomas Conway.
(b) General Anthony Wayne.
(c) General Washington.
(d) Lord Cornwallis.
7. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
8. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
(a) Lord Cornwallis.
(b) General Howe.
(c) General Greene.
(d) Colonel Richard Fitzgerald.
9. What neighborhood did Rochambeau's army move to in July 1781?
(a) Dobbs Ferry.
(b) Washington Ferry.
(c) Manhattan Ferry.
(d) Harpers Ferry.
10. Where did Washington buy his best clothes?
(a) A local store near Mount Vernon.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Countries abroad.
(d) A local store in Virginia.
11. Which two countries began battling in the United States in 1755?
(a) England and Spain.
(b) France and Spain.
(c) France and England.
(d) Germany and Spain.
12. What did Washington warn his troops about as he settled them into their winter quarters?
(a) A British attack.
(b) An eclipse.
(d) A hurricane.
13. How far did Washington's troops have to march to reach the Hessian soldiers' encampment?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
14. What state was George Washington born?
15. What did Washington pull from his pocket to wear that only Washington's closest friends knew he had?
(c) Bow tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Joseph Reed?
2. In May of 1778, which country recognized the independence of the United States?
3. Who did Washington marry?
4. Who did Washington send as an envoy to France?
5. What happened to the greatest combat general when attacking Quebec?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)