|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Washington marry?
(a) Betsy Ross.
(b) Sally Fairfax.
(c) Martha Dandridge Custis.
(d) Mary Dandridge Custis.
2. What name was given to Washington's most effective spies?
(b) Tory girls.
(d) Guerilla fighters
3. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
(a) The French.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The British.
(d) The Germans.
4. How old was George Washington when his father died?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 11 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
5. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
6. In May of 1778, which country recognized the independence of the United States?
(b) Great Britain.
7. How far did Washington's troops have to march to reach the Hessian soldiers' encampment?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
8. Who betrayed Washington's friendship at a retreat in New Jersey?
(a) John Andre.
(b) Benedict Arnold.
(c) John Sullivan.
(d) Joseph Reed.
9. Which two countries began battling in the United States in 1755?
(a) Germany and Spain.
(b) England and Spain.
(c) France and Spain.
(d) France and England.
10. What cash crop did Washington rely on for the most profit?
(d) Sugar cane.
11. Where did Washington get his reading material?
(a) Imported it from Germany.
(b) Imported it from Japan.
(c) Imported it from England.
(d) Imported it from Italy.
12. What did Washington warn his troops about as he settled them into their winter quarters?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) A British attack.
(c) A hurricane.
13. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
(a) A sea trader.
(b) A cobbler.
(c) A planter.
(d) A blacksmith.
14. Who did Washington leave in charge at the battle at New York City?
(a) General Howe.
(b) Major General John Sullivan.
(c) Brigadier General Thomas Conway.
(d) Thomas Mifflin.
15. What state was George Washington born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
2. Which body of water did the British ships carry troops?
3. Who was in charge of the British forces in Germantown?
4. What art did George Washington learn as a teenager?
5. Who was Horatio Gates?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)