|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Washington pull from his pocket to wear that only Washington's closest friends knew he had?
(d) Bow tie.
2. What did Congress request regarding supplies for the Continental Army?
(a) The supplies could only be purchased from Italy.
(b) The supplies could only be purchased from France.
(c) States supply their own regiments.
(d) States pay Congress for supplies.
3. Who betrayed Washington's friendship at a retreat in New Jersey?
(a) Joseph Reed.
(b) John Sullivan.
(c) Benedict Arnold.
(d) John Andre.
4. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
5. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
(b) South America.
(d) The Indies.
6. What happened to Washington when he rode towards the enemy?
(a) Washington fell off his horse.
(b) Washington was captured.
(c) Washington was shot and wounded.
(d) Washington was saved by his aides.
7. To whom did Washington sell his extra produce?
(a) The British.
(b) Merchants in Philadelphia.
(c) Oliver Evans.
(d) Merchants in Alexandria.
8. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
9. How many men made up the British army that occupied Germantown?
10. What year did the First Continental Congress meet?
11. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
(a) Adjunct General of Delaware.
(c) Adjunct General of Virginia.
(d) Secretary of State.
12. When Washington was named head of the Continental Army, how did he feel?
(c) Ready to fight.
13. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
(a) King George III.
(b) George Washington.
(c) King George IV.
(d) Major General John Sullivan.
14. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
(a) General Greene.
(b) Lord Cornwallis.
(c) Colonel Richard Fitzgerald.
(d) General Howe.
15. Which body of water did the British ships carry troops?
(a) Lake Erie.
(b) Hudson Bay.
(c) Lake Ontario.
(d) Lake Champlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Washington want military tours of duty to be?
2. Who was installed as the British officer in charge of American forces in 1754?
3. Which two countries began battling in the United States in 1755?
4. In 1755, which general enlisted Washington to navigate a path in the Ohio Valley?
5. Who was Thomas Mifflin?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)