|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Washington get his reading material?
(a) Imported it from Italy.
(b) Imported it from Japan.
(c) Imported it from England.
(d) Imported it from Germany.
2. What did Washington enjoy reading?
(a) Horse and buggy manuals.
(b) Agricultural manuals.
(c) Non-fiction novels.
(d) Fiction novels.
3. What cash crop did Washington rely on for the most profit?
(b) Sugar cane.
4. While the British were not attacking the United States, what was the enemy?
(a) The Hessians.
(d) The French.
5. Who did Washington marry?
(a) Martha Dandridge Custis.
(b) Sally Fairfax.
(c) Betsy Ross.
(d) Mary Dandridge Custis.
6. What river did Washington's horse fall into after the bridge gave way?
(a) Hudson River.
(b) Housatonic River.
(c) Potomac River.
(d) East River.
7. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
(a) His cabin.
(b) The nearest horse.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The river.
8. What neighborhood did Rochambeau's army move to in July 1781?
(a) Dobbs Ferry.
(b) Harpers Ferry.
(c) Manhattan Ferry.
(d) Washington Ferry.
9. After the Battle of Monmouth, which state did the British retreat behind their fortifications?
(d) New York.
10. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
(a) One child.
(b) Three child.
(c) No children.
(d) Two child.
11. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
(a) The Long Island shore.
(b) New York City.
12. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
13. How many years did Washington want military tours of duty to be?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
14. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
(b) South America.
(c) The Indies.
15. What did Washington warn his troops about as he settled them into their winter quarters?
(a) A British attack.
(c) An eclipse.
(d) A hurricane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Washington pull from his pocket to wear that only Washington's closest friends knew he had?
2. In 1755, which general enlisted Washington to navigate a path in the Ohio Valley?
3. In May of 1778, which country recognized the independence of the United States?
4. Who did Washington leave in charge at the battle at New York City?
5. What state did Cornwallis "rage through like an invincible lion"?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)