|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the British blockade located that forced the Continental Army into a harsh winter without supplies?
(a) Potomac River.
(b) Chesapeake Bay.
(c) Boston Harbor.
(d) Delaware River.
2. Who realized that " Washington's magic was still so great that Congress would not vote to discharge him"?
3. How old was George Washington when his father died?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 2 years old.
(d) 15 years old.
4. Who objected to Washington's participation in military activities?
(a) George Fairfax.
(b) Sally Fairfax.
(c) Mary Ball Washington.
(d) Lord Fairfax.
5. What method of death was ordered for spies?
(a) Spies were drowned.
(b) Spies were hung.
(c) Spies were shot.
(d) Spies were dragged.
6. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
(a) George Washington.
(b) King George IV.
(c) King George III.
(d) Major General John Sullivan.
7. How far did Washington's troops have to march to reach the Hessian soldiers' encampment?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 9 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
8. What was George Washington's most prominent relative's occupation?
(b) War general.
(d) Sea trader.
9. What neighborhood did Rochambeau's army move to in July 1781?
(a) Washington Ferry.
(b) Harpers Ferry.
(c) Dobbs Ferry.
(d) Manhattan Ferry.
10. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) July 6, 1776.
(b) July 6, 1775.
(c) July 4, 1776.
(d) July 4, 1775.
11. Who did Washington send as an envoy to France?
(a) Benedict Arnold.
(b) General Greene.
(c) John Andre.
(d) Colonel John Laurens.
12. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
13. Who was Charles Lee?
(a) A British military officer.
(b) A merchant.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A British immigrant and military genius.
14. What did Washington warn his troops about as he settled them into their winter quarters?
(a) An eclipse.
(b) A hurricane.
(d) A British attack.
15. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
(a) Adjunct General of Delaware.
(b) Adjunct General of Virginia.
(c) Secretary of State.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Washington was named head of the Continental Army, how did he feel?
2. Who did Washington receive fatherly advice from?
3. What did Washington enjoy reading?
4. Which group was the main concern as Lt. Dinwiddie led the "Ohio Company" to the north?
5. What did Washington understand about the American people regarding British control?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)