|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
(a) The British.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The French.
2. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
3. What did Washington invent after determining the amount of grains in a bushel of timothy?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A plow.
(c) A buggy.
(d) A sander.
4. Where did Washington buy his best clothes?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Countries abroad.
(c) A local store in Virginia.
(d) A local store near Mount Vernon.
5. In what city was the main British base in New Jersey?
6. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) July 6, 1775.
(b) July 4, 1776.
(c) July 6, 1776.
(d) July 4, 1775.
7. How many years did Washington want military tours of duty to be?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
8. Who was Thomas Mifflin?
(a) An attorney.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A British immigrant and military genius.
(d) A British military officer.
9. What did Washington understand about the American people regarding British control?
(a) The American people could not remain under this control.
(b) The American people should have supported Spain.
(c) The American people were good partners with the British.
(d) The American people were content.
10. What was the name of the movement to take Washington out of power?
(a) Conway Controversy.
(b) Conway Cabal.
(c) Greene's Gambles.
(d) Down with Washington.
11. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
(a) George Washington.
(b) King George III.
(c) Major General John Sullivan.
(d) King George IV.
12. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
(a) His cabin.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The river.
(d) The nearest horse.
13. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
(a) General Washington.
(b) General Anthony Wayne.
(c) Lord Cornwallis.
(d) Thomas Conway.
14. What did Congress request regarding supplies for the Continental Army?
(a) States supply their own regiments.
(b) The supplies could only be purchased from France.
(c) States pay Congress for supplies.
(d) The supplies could only be purchased from Italy.
15. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
(a) A sea trader.
(b) A blacksmith.
(c) A planter.
(d) A cobbler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Washington get his reading material?
2. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
3. What neighborhood did Rochambeau's army move to in July 1781?
4. What happened to the greatest combat general when attacking Quebec?
5. Who did Washington receive fatherly advice from?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)