|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Washington send as an envoy to France?
(a) John Andre.
(b) Colonel John Laurens.
(c) Benedict Arnold.
(d) General Greene.
2. While the British were not attacking the United States, what was the enemy?
(a) The Hessians.
(d) The French.
3. After the Battle of Monmouth, which state did the British retreat behind their fortifications?
(b) New York.
4. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
(a) George Washington.
(b) King George IV.
(c) King George III.
(d) Major General John Sullivan.
5. What city were the Hessian soldiers encamped in 1777?
(d) Washington, D.C.
6. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
(a) One child.
(b) No children.
(c) Two child.
(d) Three child.
7. How old was George Washington when his father died?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
8. Who objected to Washington's participation in military activities?
(a) George Fairfax.
(b) Mary Ball Washington.
(c) Lord Fairfax.
(d) Sally Fairfax.
9. Who died on the day Washington began his vacation in 1781?
(a) Daniel Parke Custis.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) John Parke Custis.
(d) Martha Washington.
10. What did the American colonists throw overboard into the Boston Harbor?
11. How many men made up the British army that occupied Germantown?
12. In what city was the main British base in New Jersey?
13. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The French.
(d) The British.
14. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
(a) New York City.
(c) The Long Island shore.
15. Where did Washington get his reading material?
(a) Imported it from Italy.
(b) Imported it from Germany.
(c) Imported it from England.
(d) Imported it from Japan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who betrayed Washington's friendship at a retreat in New Jersey?
2. Which group was the main concern as Lt. Dinwiddie led the "Ohio Company" to the north?
3. What document, written by Thomas Paine, renewed patriotic enthusiasm?
4. Who did Washington leave in charge at the battle at New York City?
5. What neighborhood did Rochambeau's army move to in July 1781?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)