Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who planned on hiring German or Russian soldiers to supplement British troops in Massachusetts?
(a) Major General John Sullivan.
(b) King George IV.
(c) King George III.
(d) George Washington.
2. In December of 1776, Washington's troops crossed which body of water?
(a) The Potomac River.
(b) Chesapeake Bay.
(c) Boston Harbor.
(d) The Delaware River.
3. How many well-fed and well-armed men did Washington have at West Point?
(a) 400 men.
(b) 200 men.
(c) 600 men.
(d) 1,000 men.
4. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
(a) The Long Island shore.
(b) New York City.
5. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
6. What did Washington live in fear of daily?
(b) Terminal illness.
(c) Martha would leave him.
7. What river did Washington's horse fall into after the bridge gave way?
(a) Housatonic River.
(b) Potomac River.
(c) East River.
(d) Hudson River.
8. What city did Washington travel to to attempt getting more recruits and better fortification of the northern army near Canada?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington D.C.
9. What was Washington's estate known as?
(a) Washington Acres.
(b) Washington Estates.
(c) Mount Vernon.
(d) Mount Washington.
10. Who objected to Washington's participation in military activities?
(a) Sally Fairfax.
(b) George Fairfax.
(c) Lord Fairfax.
(d) Mary Ball Washington.
11. Who did Washington leave in charge at the battle at New York City?
(a) Brigadier General Thomas Conway.
(b) Major General John Sullivan.
(c) General Howe.
(d) Thomas Mifflin.
12. How many men made up the British army that occupied Germantown?
13. What state was George Washington born?
14. After the death of his half-brother, which position did Washington take?
(a) Adjunct General of Virginia.
(b) Adjunct General of Delaware.
(c) Secretary of State.
15. Which two countries began battling in the United States in 1755?
(a) France and Spain.
(b) England and Spain.
(c) France and England.
(d) Germany and Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
2. What name was given to Washington's most effective spies?
3. Washington believed he was cheated out of a victory at the Battle of Monmouth by which person?
4. Which body of water did the British ships carry troops?
5. What did Washington understand about the American people regarding British control?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)