|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
(a) Two child.
(b) One child.
(c) No children.
(d) Three child.
2. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
3. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
(a) He farmed.
(b) He bred horses and hound dogs.
(c) He bred rabbits.
(d) He bred cows and horses.
4. Which command did Washington allow to become semi-autonomous?
5. How many times was George Washington's father married?
(a) 1 time.
(b) 2 times.
(c) 3 times.
(d) 2 times.
6. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
7. What did Washington enjoy reading?
(a) Fiction novels.
(b) Horse and buggy manuals.
(c) Non-fiction novels.
(d) Agricultural manuals.
8. Who was installed as the British officer in charge of American forces in 1754?
(a) King George III.
(b) General Edward Braddock.
(c) Lord Loundoun.
(d) Lord Cornwallis.
9. When Washington returned to New York City, what did the British do?
(a) The British launched a suprise attack.
(b) The British surrendered.
(c) The British retreated.
(d) The British openly attacked the Continental Army.
10. Which city's merchants established a paper money system that would not depreciate?
(c) Mount Vernon.
11. Washington believed he was cheated out of a victory at the Battle of Monmouth by which person?
(a) Thomas Conway.
(b) General Lee.
(c) Lord Cornwallis.
(d) General Howe.
12. In what city was the main British base in New Jersey?
13. What city did Washington travel to to attempt getting more recruits and better fortification of the northern army near Canada?
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New York City.
14. After the Battle of Monmouth, which state did the British retreat behind their fortifications?
(b) New York.
15. In December of 1776, Washington's troops crossed which body of water?
(a) The Delaware River.
(b) The Potomac River.
(c) Chesapeake Bay.
(d) Boston Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died on the day Washington began his vacation in 1781?
2. What cash crop did Washington rely on for the most profit?
3. On September 15th, what key area did the British gain control?
4. Who objected to Washington's participation in military activities?
5. When Washington was six, his family moved to which city?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)