|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was George Washington's most prominent relative's occupation?
(a) Sea trader.
(d) War general.
2. What did Washington enjoy reading?
(a) Agricultural manuals.
(b) Horse and buggy manuals.
(c) Fiction novels.
(d) Non-fiction novels.
3. In December of 1776, Washington's troops crossed which body of water?
(a) Chesapeake Bay.
(b) The Potomac River.
(c) Boston Harbor.
(d) The Delaware River.
4. Who covered his face in fear that Washington had been killed?
(a) Colonel Richard Fitzgerald.
(b) General Greene.
(c) General Howe.
(d) Lord Cornwallis.
5. To whom did Washington sell his extra produce?
(a) Oliver Evans.
(b) Merchants in Philadelphia.
(c) The British.
(d) Merchants in Alexandria.
6. In what city was the main British base in New Jersey?
7. What name was given to Washington's most effective spies?
(b) Guerilla fighters
(d) Tory girls.
8. Which country's influx of military leaders burdened Washington?
9. When Washington was six, his family moved to which city?
(a) Pope's Creek.
(b) Mount Vernon.
10. What year did the Second Continental Congress meet?
11. What document, written by Thomas Paine, renewed patriotic enthusiasm?
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Common Sense.
(d) U.S. Constitution.
12. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
(a) No children.
(b) One child.
(c) Three child.
(d) Two child.
13. Who was Horatio Gates?
(a) A merchant.
(b) A British military officer.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A British immigrant and military genius.
14. When Washington was named head of the Continental Army, how did he feel?
(c) Ready to fight.
15. Which group was the main concern as Lt. Dinwiddie led the "Ohio Company" to the north?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Charles Lee?
2. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
3. How many years did Washington want military tours of duty to be?
4. Who was installed as the British officer in charge of American forces in 1754?
5. Why was Washington chosen for his first military experience?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)