|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state was George Washington born?
2. Which person surprised the British at Stony Point?
(a) Thomas Conway.
(b) Lord Cornwallis.
(c) General Washington.
(d) General Anthony Wayne.
3. What method of death was ordered for spies?
(a) Spies were drowned.
(b) Spies were shot.
(c) Spies were hung.
(d) Spies were dragged.
4. When did Washington receive a draft of the Declaration of Independence?
(a) July 4, 1775.
(b) July 6, 1775.
(c) July 4, 1776.
(d) July 6, 1776.
5. What did the American colonists throw overboard into the Boston Harbor?
6. Washington believed he was cheated out of a victory at the Battle of Monmouth by which person?
(a) Lord Cornwallis.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General Howe.
(d) Thomas Conway.
7. After the British raiders attacked the legislature, where did Thomas Jefferson flee?
(a) The river.
(b) His cabin.
(c) The nearest horse.
(d) The mountains.
8. Why was Washington chosen for his first military experience?
(a) His local prominence.
(b) His leadership skills.
(c) His surveying and wilderness skills.
(d) His negotiating skills.
9. Which two countries began battling in the United States in 1755?
(a) Germany and Spain.
(b) France and England.
(c) France and Spain.
(d) England and Spain.
10. While the British were not attacking the United States, what was the enemy?
(a) The French.
(b) The Hessians.
11. Which city's merchants established a paper money system that would not depreciate?
(d) Mount Vernon.
12. Who did Washington marry?
(a) Mary Dandridge Custis.
(b) Betsy Ross.
(c) Martha Dandridge Custis.
(d) Sally Fairfax.
13. When Washington was six, his family moved to which city?
(a) Pope's Creek.
(d) Mount Vernon.
14. In May of 1778, which country recognized the independence of the United States?
(d) Great Britain.
15. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
(a) A cobbler.
(b) A sea trader.
(c) A planter.
(d) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Washington's secret attack strategy was similar to which group?
2. In December of 1776, Washington's troops crossed which body of water?
3. How did Washington's wife react to Washington's new role as head of the Continental Army?
4. What happened to the greatest combat general when attacking Quebec?
5. What city were the Hessian soldiers encamped in 1777?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)