|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Social Man, Infighting Foreshadowed, The Great Schism Opens and Europeans and Indians.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In May of 1778, which country recognized the independence of the United States?
(a) Great Britain.
2. Who was appointed Minister to Holland?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) Gouverneur Morris
(c) Thomas Pinckney.
(d) William Short.
3. What art did George Washington learn as a teenager?
4. Who objected to Washington's participation in military activities?
(a) Mary Ball Washington.
(b) Lord Fairfax.
(c) Sally Fairfax.
(d) George Fairfax.
5. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
(a) A planter.
(b) A cobbler.
(c) A sea trader.
(d) A blacksmith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Washington and his wife have together?
2. Who distrusted Washington and was suspicious of Philadelphia society?
3. What river did Washington's horse fall into after the bridge gave way?
4. Where was the British blockade located that forced the Continental Army into a harsh winter without supplies?
5. Who did Washington marry?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)