|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Road Turns Upward, Hope Abroad and Bankruptcy at Home and Enter a French Army.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
(a) He bred cows and horses.
(b) He farmed.
(c) He bred rabbits.
(d) He bred horses and hound dogs.
2. Where was the British blockade located that forced the Continental Army into a harsh winter without supplies?
(a) Chesapeake Bay.
(b) Boston Harbor.
(c) Delaware River.
(d) Potomac River.
3. How far did Washington's troops have to march to reach the Hessian soldiers' encampment?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
4. Where did d'Estaing spend the winter of 1779?
(b) South America.
(d) The Indies.
5. What did Washington live in fear of daily?
(c) Terminal illness.
(d) Martha would leave him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in charge of the British forces in Germantown?
2. What did the American colonists throw overboard into the Boston Harbor?
3. Who did Washington marry?
4. How did the rookie soldiers respond to the leader at the battle at New York City?
5. In December of 1776, Washington's troops crossed which body of water?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)