|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Washington in His Landscapes, A New Call to Arms and A Virginian in Yankee-Land.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Thomas Mifflin?
(a) A British military officer.
(b) A British immigrant and military genius.
(c) A merchant.
(d) An attorney.
2. Who did Washington receive fatherly advice from?
3. What state was George Washington born?
4. Why was Washington chosen for his first military experience?
(a) His negotiating skills.
(b) His surveying and wilderness skills.
(c) His local prominence.
(d) His leadership skills.
5. How did Washington's wife react to Washington's new role as head of the Continental Army?
(a) United with Washington to help the revolutionary effort.
(b) Was upset and reluctantly supported Washington.
(c) Told George that he was on his own.
(d) Told George's mother and she stopped him from fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was George Washington when his father died?
2. What cash crop did Washington rely on for the most profit?
3. Who was Horatio Gates?
4. What did Washington invent after determining the amount of grains in a bushel of timothy?
5. What did Washington vow to become when he returned to Virginia?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)