|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Whiskey Rebellion, The Democratic Societies, A Disastrous Document and Tragedy with a Friend.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Washington appoint as Secretary of War?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) James Madison.
(c) John Jay.
(d) Henry Knox.
2. Who wrote Washington begging him to stay in office?
(a) Eliza Powel.
(b) Martha Washington.
(c) Sally Fairfax.
(d) Peggy Shipman.
3. What did Washington live in fear of daily?
(a) Martha would leave him.
(b) Terminal illness.
4. In 1755, which general enlisted Washington to navigate a path in the Ohio Valley?
(a) Anthony Wayne.
(b) Horatio Gates.
(c) Robert Lee.
(d) Edward Braddock.
5. What imaginary line was the border for very little capital investment?
(a) Mason-Dixon line.
(b) East-West line.
(c) North-South line.
(d) No Compromise line.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Washington's wife react to Washington's new role as head of the Continental Army?
2. What city did Washington travel to to attempt getting more recruits and better fortification of the northern army near Canada?
3. What neighborhood did Rochambeau's army move to in July 1781?
4. After returning to Mount Vernon, what did Flexner state Washington invested his time in?
5. How many times was George Washington's father married?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)