A Powerful Apprenticeship, A Clumsy Entrance on the World Stage and Love and Massacre
* George Washington was not born into a noble family.
* He was born near Pope's Creek, Virginia.
* George Washington's father died when George was eleven.
* Washington became a surveyor.
* George Washington won the position of Adjunct General of Virginia and trained young men for battle.
* Washington's first military experience was eradicating the French from the Ohio Valley in 1753-1754.
* George Washington rented the Mount Vernon property from his half-brother's widow and wanted to become a planter.
* Washington, under the command of Maj. Gen. Braddock, helped navigate the army on the same path through the Ohio Valley.
Desperation and Disillusionment, George Washington's First War and A Virginia Businessman
* British were not impressed with the young militiamen.
* Washington recruited to protect the colonists against frequent Indian raids.
* During the war between the French and English, George was...
This section contains 1,868 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)