|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continues to hear from Mr. Townsend?
2. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
3. Where are Catherine and her father after 6 months in Europe?
4. What relationship Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend have?
5. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine receive over the next several years in Chapter 32?
2. What does Catherine announce to her father in Chapter 22?
3. What does Dr. Sloper announce after six months abroad according to Chapter 24?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman urge Catherine to do?
5. Why is Townsend angry?
6. What news does Mrs. Penniman give unceremoniously?
7. Why is Catherine happy?
8. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond in Chapter 21?
9. What disappointment does Catherine suffer in regards to Mr. Townsend?
10. What does Dr. Sloper do in Chapter 33?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one character and discuss how their character grows from the beginning of the book to the end of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how being a romantic, as Mrs. Penniman is, can cause hardship in relationships and in providing advice on relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motives of different characters in the novel and why some people's motives might be considered questionable.
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)