|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend have?
2. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
3. Where does Mr Townsend tell Catherine he is going in Chapter 29?
4. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
5. How much time passes between Chapter 33 and 34?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the impact that Dr. Sloper's words and actions have on his relationship with Catherine.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Henry James focus on social conventions and beliefs as presented in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Catherine's character and determine whether or not she is disillusioned and idyllic.
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)