Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Mrs. Penniman mention Mr Townsend?
2. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman claim at dinner in Chapter 31?
5. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Catherine has changed (in both positive and negative ways) as a result of the conflict between her and other characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motives of different characters in the novel and why some people's motives might be considered questionable.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss James' use of a narrator in the novel and analyze how it benefits or detracts from the story line of the novel.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)