|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine refuse to do after the death of her father?
2. What is Catherine doing while being pushed out of the study?
3. How is Catherine convinced to change her mind?
4. Who is always supporting Dr. Sloper?
5. What is Catherine pleased to learn from Mrs. Penniman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters and discuss their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Catherine's decision not to tell her father she will not marry Mr. Townsend after his death and how this ultimately affects Catherine.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one character and discuss how their character grows from the beginning of the book to the end of the book.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)