|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is always supporting Dr. Sloper?
2. Where does Mr Townsend tell Catherine he is going in Chapter 29?
3. How old is Dr. Sloper in Chapter 33?
4. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
5. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend suggest he doesn't want in Chapter 20?
2. What does Mrs. Almond suggest to Dr. Sloper according to Chapter 27?
3. Why is Mr. Townsend reluctant to elope in Chapter 26?
4. What does Dr. Sloper do in Chapter 33?
5. What is Mrs. Penniman told by Dr. Sloper in Chapter 19?
6. What does Mrs. Penniman feel about Catherine?
7. What does Catherine receive over the next several years in Chapter 32?
8. What does Catherine learn of Townsend in Chapter 34?
9. What does Mrs. Penniman urge Catherine to do?
10. What does Catherine tell her father in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character and discuss their role in creating conflict in the book.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character and discuss how their character grows from the beginning of the book to the end of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how Catherine has changed (in both positive and negative ways) as a result of the conflict between her and other characters.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)