|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Penniman disappointed about in Chapter 23?
2. What is Mr. Townsend concerned about?
3. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine to do?
4. What relationship Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend have?
5. When does Mrs. Penniman tell Dr. Sloper about her assumption?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Catherine's decision not to tell her father she will not marry Mr. Townsend after his death and how this ultimately affects Catherine.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Catherine's character and determine whether or not she is disillusioned and idyllic.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how pride plays a part in the plot of the novel.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)