|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr Townsend in Chapter 34?
2. Why does Mr. Townsend turn down Catherine's suggestion?
3. What is Mrs. Penniman disappointed about in Chapter 23?
4. To what should Catherine look forward according to the conversation she is having?
5. Why does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him that advice?
Essay Topic 1
Examine how Catherine has changed (in both positive and negative ways) as a result of the conflict between her and other characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of betrayal and discuss how characters betray and are betrayed by others in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Catherine's decision not to tell her father she will not marry Mr. Townsend after his death and how this ultimately affects Catherine.
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)