|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine do at the start of Chapter 18?
2. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
3. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
4. What does Dr. Sloper suggest Catherine and him do?
5. What does Catherine dedicate herself to doing for the next 17 years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine claim?
2. What does Catherine learn of Townsend in Chapter 34?
3. Why does Catherine become jealous in Chapter 25?
4. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond in Chapter 21?
5. What does Mr. Townsend suggest he doesn't want in Chapter 20?
6. Why is Catherine happy?
7. What does Catherine announce to her father in Chapter 22?
8. Why is Townsend angry?
9. What disappointment does Catherine suffer in regards to Mr. Townsend?
10. What happens on the night before they return to New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Mrs. Montgomery with Mr. Townsend, examining their similarities and differences.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how being a romantic, as Mrs. Penniman is, can cause hardship in relationships and in providing advice on relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters and discuss their similarities and differences.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)