|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Mrs. Penniman mention Mr Townsend?
2. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman claim at dinner in Chapter 31?
5. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of filial duty in the 1800's as presented by Henry James in Washington Square.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of betrayal and discuss how characters betray and are betrayed by others in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Catherine's decision not to tell her father she will not marry Mr. Townsend after his death and how this ultimately affects Catherine.
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)