Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Mrs. Penniman mention Mr Townsend?
2. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman claim at dinner in Chapter 31?
5. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Dr. Sloper's marriage with Catherine Harrington to Catherine's relationship with Mr. Townsend.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the impact that Dr. Sloper's words and actions have on his relationship with Catherine.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Henry James focus on social conventions and beliefs as presented in the novel.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)