Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Mrs. Penniman mention Mr Townsend?
2. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman claim at dinner in Chapter 31?
5. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
Discuss Henry James focus on social conventions and beliefs as presented in the novel.
Examine how Catherine has changed (in both positive and negative ways) as a result of the conflict between her and other characters.
Discuss James' use of a narrator in the novel and analyze how it benefits or detracts from the story line of the novel.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)