|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dr. Sloper visit in Chapter 6?
2. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
3. Where do Dr. Sloper and Catherine regularly visit according to Chapter 9?
4. What does the person Mr. Townsend meets insist he will do?
5. When do Dr. Sloper and Catherine make their regular visit according to Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage according to Chapter 6?
2. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
3. According to Chapter 2, who is Mrs. Penniman and what does she do?
4. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
5. What is the relationship between Dr. Sloper and Miss Catherine Harrington in Chapter 1?
6. Where is Dr. Sloper invited in Chapter 14?
7. What does Dr. Sloper remark about Catherine?
8. What does Dr. Sloper insist about Townsend?
9. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
10. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the impact that Dr. Sloper's words and actions have on his relationship with Catherine.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of filial duty in the 1800's as presented by Henry James in Washington Square.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character and discuss their role in creating conflict in the book.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)