|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
2. What does Dr. Sloper cause in his interlocutor in Chapter 8?
3. How many children does Mr. Townsend have?
4. What does Dr. Sloper tease Catherine about?
5. What does Dr. Sloper grow concerned about regarding his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Dr. Sloper invited in Chapter 14?
2. How many children does Mrs. Sloper have?
3. What does Mrs. Penniman suggest and how does Mr. Townsend feel about it in Chapter 16?
4. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
5. What does Dr. Sloper pledge?
6. What does Mr. Townsend claim in Chapter 12?
7. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
8. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
9. What will Dr. Sloper not bend on?
10. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the impact that Dr. Sloper's words and actions have on his relationship with Catherine.
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character and discuss their role in creating conflict in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Examine how Catherine has changed (in both positive and negative ways) as a result of the conflict between her and other characters.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)