|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman think her advice would demonstrate to Dr. Sloper?
2. What does Mr. Townsend say he does not want to do any longer?
3. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Mr. Townsend to do?
4. What does Dr Sloper request in Chapter 13?
5. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper do in Chapter 33?
2. What concern does Dr. Sloper have regarding Catherine?
3. Who lives across town?
4. What does Catherine learn of Townsend in Chapter 34?
5. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond?
6. What news does Mrs. Penniman give unceremoniously?
7. Why is Mrs. Penniman disappointed in Chapter 23?
8. What is the relationship like between Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
9. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond in Chapter 21?
10. What does Dr. Sloper ask of his sister in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
Examine how pride plays a part in the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Define setting and discuss the significance of Henry James' choice of setting in Washington Square.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two characters and discuss their similarities and differences.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)