|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper marry Miss Catherine Harrington?
2. Who does Dr Sloper offend?
3. Who introduces Catherine to Mr. Townsend?
4. How much of an income does Miss Catherine Harrington have when she marries Dr. Sloper?
5. Who does Dr. Sloper tease in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine's father tease her about?
2. Why does Dr. Sloper become annoyed with Catherine in Chapter 15?
3. What will Dr. Sloper not bend on?
4. Who lives across town?
5. Why is Catherine afraid in Chapter 10?
6. What does Dr. Sloper remark about Catherine?
7. Who comes to visit Catherine and her aunt in Chapter 5?
8. Where is Dr. Sloper invited in Chapter 14?
9. What causes Mrs. Penniman distress?
10. What does Dr. Sloper insist about Townsend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of an inheritance based on customs in early America.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how being a romantic, as Mrs. Penniman is, can cause hardship in relationships and in providing advice on relationships.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Dr. Sloper's marriage with Catherine Harrington to Catherine's relationship with Mr. Townsend.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)