|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Sloper want to set up the meeting?
2. Where does Dr. Sloper move in Chapter 3?
3. What does Dr. Sloper suggest in teasing in Chapter 6?
4. What does Dr. Sloper insist Mr Townsend wants?
5. Of what does Dr Sloper's sister take control?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Catherine in Chapter 8?
2. What does Dr. Sloper learn about Mr. Townsend's care for his sister's children?
3. What does Dr. Sloper insist in Chapter 11?
4. Who lives across town?
5. What news does Mrs. Penniman give unceremoniously?
6. What does Dr. Sloper remark about Catherine?
7. What disappointment does Catherine suffer in regards to Mr. Townsend?
8. What does Mrs. Penniman encourage Catherine to do in Chapter 17?
9. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine about her father?
10. Why do Mr. Townsend and Catherine argue in Chapter 29?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Dr. Sloper's marriage with Catherine Harrington to Catherine's relationship with Mr. Townsend.
Essay Topic 2
Examine how pride plays a part in the plot of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character and discuss their role in creating conflict in the book.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)