|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Townsend angry about at the end of Chapter 35?
(a) That Mrs. Penniman made him believe Catherine was still beautiful.
(b) That Mrs. Penniman made him believe Catherine was married.
(c) That Mrs. Penniman made him believe Catherine wanted to marry him.
(d) That Mrs. Penniman made him believe Catherine had a child named Morris.
2. To whom did Dr. Sloper bequest his money?
(a) To hospitals and asylums.
(b) To Catherine.
(c) To Mrs. Almond.
(d) To Mrs. Penniman.
3. Who is Mrs Penniman defending?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Dr. Sloper.
4. When does Mrs. Penniman tell Dr. Sloper about her assumption?
(a) The following morning.
(b) That afternoon.
(c) That night.
(d) The next evening.
5. Why does Mrs. Penniman write to Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
(a) To ask that he elope.
(b) To have a family intervention.
(c) To ask to meet him.
(d) To meet with Catherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
2. What suggestion from Catherine does Mr. Townsend turn down?
3. To what should Catherine look forward according to the conversation she is having?
4. What is the profession of the young man who proposes to Catherine?
5. What does Dr. Sloper suggest Catherine and him do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond in Chapter 21?
2. Why do Mr. Townsend and Catherine argue in Chapter 29?
3. What disappointment does Catherine suffer in regards to Mr. Townsend?
4. Why is Mr. Townsend reluctant to elope in Chapter 26?
5. Why is Townsend angry?
6. What does Catherine claim?
7. What is the relationship like between Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
8. What does Mrs. Penniman tell Dr. Sloper in Chapter 30?
9. What does Catherine refuse in Chapter 35?
10. Why does Catherine become jealous in Chapter 25?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)