|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine think of her actions?
(a) That she needs to voice her opinions.
(b) That she is committed.
(c) That she is being honest enough.
(d) That she is being defiant enough.
2. What does Catherine refuse to do after the death of her father?
(a) Protest the will.
(b) Go to Europe.
(c) Go to his funeral.
(d) Marry Mr. Townsend.
3. What relationship Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend have?
(a) Grandmother and grandson.
(b) Aunt and nephew.
(d) Like a mother and son.
4. How many letters from Mr. Townsend does Catherine have?
5. What is the profession of the young man who proposes to Catherine?
(c) Stock broker.
(d) Store owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
2. Where does Mr Townsend tell Catherine he is going in Chapter 29?
3. What does Catherine learn from Mrs Penniman upon her return in Chapter 24?
4. What does Mrs. Penniman think of Catherine?
5. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine receive in Chapter 31?
2. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond in Chapter 21?
3. Why do Mr. Townsend and Catherine argue in Chapter 29?
4. What does Dr. Sloper ask of Catherine?
5. What is Mrs. Penniman told by Dr. Sloper in Chapter 19?
6. What happens on the night before they return to New York?
7. What does Catherine tell her father in Chapter 18?
8. What does Mrs. Penniman urge Catherine to do?
9. What does Mrs. Penniman tell Dr. Sloper in Chapter 30?
10. What does Catherine announce to her father in Chapter 22?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)