|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
(a) Give up her inheritance.
(c) Move out.
(d) Move the wedding date up.
2. What is Mr. Townsend angry about at the end of Chapter 35?
(a) That Mrs. Penniman made him believe Catherine wanted to marry him.
(b) That Mrs. Penniman made him believe Catherine was still beautiful.
(c) That Mrs. Penniman made him believe Catherine had a child named Morris.
(d) That Mrs. Penniman made him believe Catherine was married.
3. About what does Mrs. Penniman tell Catherine when she returns?
(a) Mr. Townsend's plan to go to Europe.
(b) Mr. Townsend's plan to formally ask her hand of her father.
(c) Mr. Townsend's plan to end their engagement.
(d) Mr. Townsend's plan to elope with her friend Caroline.
4. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
(a) That he is angry at her.
(b) That he will disown her.
(c) That he won't give in.
(d) That he wants her out.
5. With whom does Mrs. Penniman argue in Chapter 27?
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Dr. Sloper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine think of her actions?
2. What date does Mr. Townsend refuse to set in Chapter 21?
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
4. Why does Catherine want to leave the house?
5. Who continues to hear from Mr. Townsend?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)