|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
(a) That Dr. Sloper is correct in his assumption.
(b) That Mr. Townsend is only interested in Catherine's money.
(c) That it is better for her not to be involved.
(d) That Catherine is being hurt in all of this.
2. How does Catherine react to seeing Mr. Townsend?
(a) She sends him on his way quickly.
(b) She talks to him while making a decision.
(c) She skips the meeting through the back door.
(d) She hugs him.
3. How does Catherine react when speaking to Mrs Penniman upon her return?
(c) Angry and jealous.
4. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 15 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 9 months.
5. How many proposals does Catherine receive in the years after her break up with Mr. Townsend according to Chapter 32?
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine begs out of what?
2. How many letters from Mr. Townsend does Catherine have?
3. What does Mr. Townsend suggest Catherine and him do?
4. Who is always supporting Dr. Sloper?
5. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine receive over the next several years in Chapter 32?
2. Why is Mrs. Penniman disappointed in Chapter 23?
3. What is the relationship like between Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
4. What does Catherine refuse in Chapter 35?
5. What does Dr. Sloper ask of Catherine?
6. Why is Catherine happy?
7. What does Catherine tell her father in Chapter 18?
8. Why is Townsend angry?
9. What news does Mrs. Penniman give unceremoniously?
10. What does Mrs. Penniman feel about Catherine?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)