|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catherine ask Mrs. Penniman in Chapter 34?
(a) Not to write letters to Mr. Townsend.
(b) Not to talk to her.
(c) Not to talk about Mr. Townsend.
(d) Not to leave the house.
2. What does Catherine request?
(a) To follow him.
(b) To go before him.
(c) To go with him.
(d) To stay behind until they can meet.
3. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
(a) Mrs. Almond.
(b) Mr. Townsend.
(c) Mrs. Montgomery.
4. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 15 months.
5. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
(a) Give up her inheritance.
(b) Move the wedding date up.
(d) Move out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Townsend concerned about?
2. Who continues to hear from Mr. Townsend?
3. Why does Mrs. Penniman write to Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
4. Why does Mr. Townsend turn down Catherine's suggestion?
5. From whom does Catherine accept a proposal?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)