|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Against whom does Dr. Sloper have a strong opinion?
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(c) Mr. Townsend.
(d) Mrs. Penniman.
2. How old is Dr. Sloper in Chapter 33?
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
(a) To postpone her meeting with Mr. Townsend in Europe.
(b) To postpone leaving the house.
(c) To postpone her wedding for 6 months.
(d) To not get too upset with Mrs. Penniman.
4. How long do Catherine and her father end up spending in Europe?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 15 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 10 months.
5. Of what is Mrs Penniman aware?
(a) Mr. Townsend's doubting of the engagement.
(b) Dr. Sloper's tracking of Mr. Towsend's expenses.
(c) The fight between Catherine and her father.
(d) The fight between Catherine and Mr. Townsend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Penniman react to Mr. Townsend request?
2. How many letters from Mr. Townsend does Catherine have?
3. What would Dr. Sloper rather have his daughter believe than seeing her in an unhappy marriage?
4. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
5. What does Dr. Sloper hope his daughter will learn during their trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catherine refuse in Chapter 35?
2. Why is Mr. Townsend reluctant to elope in Chapter 26?
3. What is Mrs. Penniman told by Dr. Sloper in Chapter 19?
4. What does Mr. Townsend suggest he doesn't want in Chapter 20?
5. What does Catherine receive over the next several years in Chapter 32?
6. What does Catherine claim?
7. What does Dr. Sloper ask of Catherine?
8. What does Dr. Sloper do in Chapter 33?
9. What does Catherine learn of Townsend in Chapter 34?
10. What does Dr. Sloper say to offend Catherine?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)