|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the young man who proposes to Catherine?
(b) Stock broker.
(c) Store owner.
2. Where does Mr Townsend tell Catherine he is going in Chapter 29?
(b) New Orleans.
3. What does Mr. Townsend ask Mr Penniman to do for him?
(a) Pave the way for a breakup.
(b) Pave the way for a new job.
(c) Pave the way to elope.
(d) Pave the way for them to move.
4. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 18?
(a) That she wants to wait.
(b) That she still wants to marry him.
(c) That she wants to run away.
(d) That she wants him to get a job.
5. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Catherine disappointed about?
2. On what does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend they can survive?
3. Of what is Mrs Penniman aware?
4. Why does Mrs. Penniman write to Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
5. What does Mr. Townsend tell Catherine must happen before he will return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Mr. Townsend and Catherine argue in Chapter 29?
2. Why is Mr. Townsend reluctant to elope in Chapter 26?
3. What disappointment does Catherine suffer in regards to Mr. Townsend?
4. Why is Catherine happy?
5. What does Dr. Sloper announce after six months abroad according to Chapter 24?
6. What does Dr. Sloper do in Chapter 33?
7. What does Catherine receive in Chapter 31?
8. What does Dr. Sloper ask of Catherine?
9. Why does Catherine become jealous in Chapter 25?
10. What does Dr. Sloper tell Mrs. Almond in Chapter 21?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)