|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Penniman react to Mr. Townsend request?
(a) She obliges.
(b) She questions him.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She refuses.
2. What does Dr. Sloper hope his daughter will learn during their trip?
(a) Social skills.
(b) That father is always right.
(d) Of Mr. Townsend's indiscretion.
3. How many letters from Mr. Townsend does Catherine have?
4. From whom does Catherine accept a proposal?
(a) Mr. Tomson.
(c) Mr. Creddy.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
5. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
(a) Being a social outcast.
(b) Being tracked down for an unlawful marriage.
(c) Being the laughing stock of the family.
(d) Being left out of her father's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Catherine refuse to make to her father?
2. What does Catherine tell her father?
3. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine about before heading back to the U.S.?
4. How is Catherine convinced to change her mind?
5. Catherine begs out of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper announce after six months abroad according to Chapter 24?
2. Why is Townsend angry?
3. Why is Mrs. Penniman disappointed in Chapter 23?
4. What does Catherine claim?
5. What does Dr. Sloper ask of Catherine?
6. What does Catherine tell her father in Chapter 18?
7. What does Mrs. Almond suggest to Dr. Sloper according to Chapter 27?
8. What does Catherine receive in Chapter 31?
9. What does Mr. Townsend suggest he doesn't want in Chapter 20?
10. Why is Mr. Townsend reluctant to elope in Chapter 26?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)