|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend they can survive?
(a) Her mother's money and Mr. Townsend's money.
(b) Her aunt's money.
(c) Her mother's money and her aunt's money.
(d) Her mother's money.
2. What is Catherine doing while being pushed out of the study?
3. To whom did Dr. Sloper bequest his money?
(a) To hospitals and asylums.
(b) To Mrs. Penniman.
(c) To Mrs. Almond.
(d) To Catherine.
4. Where does Mr Townsend tell Catherine he is going in Chapter 29?
(d) New Orleans.
5. What does Dr. Sloper hope his daughter will learn during their trip?
(a) Of Mr. Townsend's indiscretion.
(b) Social skills.
(d) That father is always right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who forbids Mrs Penniman to interfere?
2. How does Catherine react to seeing Mr. Townsend?
3. What does Catherine request?
4. What does Catherine think of her actions?
5. What is Mr. Townsend concerned about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Catherine happy?
2. What happens on the night before they return to New York?
3. What is the relationship like between Mrs. Penniman and Mr. Townsend in Chapter 28?
4. Why is Townsend angry?
5. What does Catherine refuse in Chapter 35?
6. What does Dr. Sloper ask of Catherine?
7. Why does Catherine become jealous in Chapter 25?
8. What does Catherine announce to her father in Chapter 22?
9. What does Mrs. Penniman feel about Catherine?
10. What does Dr. Sloper say to offend Catherine?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)