|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs Penniman advise Catherine not to do?
(b) Give up her inheritance.
(c) Move out.
(d) Move the wedding date up.
2. How much time passes between Chapter 34 and 35?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 weeks.
3. With whom does Mrs. Penniman argue in Chapter 27?
(a) Mr. Townsend.
(b) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Dr. Sloper.
4. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
(a) That he wants her out.
(b) That he is angry at her.
(c) That he won't give in.
(d) That he will disown her.
5. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
(a) That she ended the engagement herself.
(b) That Mr. Townsend was dead.
(c) That Mr. Townsend ended the engagment.
(d) That they ended the engagement together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
2. Where was Mr. Townsend married according to Mrs Penniman?
3. What does Dr. Sloper suggest Catherine and him do?
4. What advice does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him?
5. What does Catherine refuse to do in Chapter 30?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)