|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Townsend does not want Catherine to suffer the indignity of what?
(a) Being left out of her father's will.
(b) Being a social outcast.
(c) Being tracked down for an unlawful marriage.
(d) Being the laughing stock of the family.
2. Who forbids Mrs Penniman to interfere?
(a) Dr. Sloper.
(c) Mrs. Almond.
(d) Mr. Townsend.
3. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 3 months.
4. What does Dr. Sloper hope his daughter will learn during their trip?
(b) Social skills.
(c) That father is always right.
(d) Of Mr. Townsend's indiscretion.
5. From whom does Catherine accept a proposal?
(a) Mr. Creddy.
(b) Mr. Tomson.
(d) Mr. Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person with whom Mrs Penniman is talking continually argue in Chapter 27?
2. What does Catherine tell her father?
3. Catherine begs out of what?
4. Why does the one who always supports Dr. Sloper give him that advice?
5. What does Catherine request?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)