|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Mrs. Penniman mention Mr Townsend?
2. What does Mr. Townsend suggest doing?
(b) Quitting his job.
(d) Ending his relationship with Catherine.
3. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
(a) That he is angry at her.
(b) That he won't give in.
(c) That he wants her out.
(d) That he will disown her.
4. What does Mrs. Penniman claim at dinner in Chapter 31?
(a) That she knew everything but said nothing.
(b) That she knew nothing.
(c) Innocence in it all.
(d) That she took a lucky guess.
5. What does Catherine say to her father after receiving Mr. Townsend's note?
(a) That they ended the engagement together.
(b) That she ended the engagement herself.
(c) That Mr. Townsend ended the engagment.
(d) That Mr. Townsend was dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine?
2. What does Catherine tell Mr. Townsend in Chapter 26?
3. Why does Mr. Townsend make that request to Mrs. Penniman?
4. When does Mrs. Penniman tell Dr. Sloper about her assumption?
5. How long are Catherine and her father supposed to spend in Europe?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)