|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Penniman feel some regret about?
(a) Letting Mr. Townsend end the engagement.
(b) Let Dr. Sloper ruin the engagement.
(c) Breaking the news unceremoniously.
(d) Letting Catherine end the engagement.
2. What does Catherine do at the start of Chapter 18?
(a) Go talk to Mr. Townsend.
(b) Go talk to her cousin.
(c) Go talk to her aunt.
(d) Go talk to her father.
3. What does Catherine refuse to do?
(a) Go to Europe without a wedding date.
(b) Go to Europe without choosing a wedding dress..
(c) Go to Europe without Mr. Townsend.
(d) Go to Europe without marrying Mr. Townsend first.
4. Why does Mr. Townsend make that request to Mrs. Penniman?
(a) Catherine's father hates both of them.
(b) Catherine's father will never give in.
(c) Catherine's father hates Mr. Townsend's family.
(d) Catherine's father will never allow them to marry.
5. What does Catherine tell her father?
(a) That she will marry Mr. Townsend soon.
(b) That she will marry Mr. Townsend at some point.
(c) That Mr. Townsend will marry her in Europe.
(d) That they will settle the date by letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Townsend angry about at the end of Chapter 35?
2. What does Dr. Sloper ask Catherine about before heading back to the U.S.?
3. Who continues to hear from Mr. Townsend?
4. What does Dr. Sloper tell Catherine after 6 months?
5. Who is Mrs. Penniman forbid to see in Chapter 19?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)